Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71939 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65800 Jan 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
HUGH,
Why is it that the poor people suffer the most during natural calamities, wars, economic crash, riots and epidemics?
Lack of resources which lead to poor housing etc. It has NOTHING to do with any divine entity.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65802 Jan 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE---HUGH, In most religious scriptures poverty is glorified while harsh criticism is heaped on the accumulation of great wealth and the leading of a lavish lifestyle - why is this so?

HughBe---- I cannot speak for such religions.

Joel---Is it a "sin" to be rich and to spend lavishly on material comforts?

Hugh--- NO. It is a sin to TRANSGRESS the laws of the Eternal.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65803 Jan 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE---Shouldn't this creature called G-d be wisely governing his creation that he supposedly created from nothing...

Hugh--- No as G-d is a creature himself.

Joel--- why isn't there "divine intervention" in world affairs that are so unjust, violent, cruel, manipulative, damaging to the ecosystem and harmful to the poor sections of the population who constitute the vast majority of people in the world?

Hugh--- I shall answer you if you tell me the answer to this question. In your belief-system you have a UNIFIED FIELD. Why does this FIELD allow all of what you have spoken of?

Later, I must go.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65804 Jan 13, 2014
HughBe wrote:

..... Second, you are correct that I call SOME of my men friends "girls" and everyone on this forum knows this to be true. Are you forgetting that "girls" is a term of endearment that I use for YOU, Frijoles and Eric? YES you are forgetting. Never forget it anymore.
This is common terminology among your fellow homosexuals as well.

Do not be ashamed of what is in your heart. Spread your wings and fly
like free-spirited fairy.

All is good with the world, my friend.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65805 Jan 13, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Please read with understanding. I would never say that no one says Mon. I have said that I do NOT KNOW any such person. Moreover, it is possible that because people like you believe and expect people in the resort areas to say MON they oblige.
Yes that's probably true.

And because we also expect people in France to speak French,
they do so when we go there.

Very smart of them to please the tourists.

Otherwise we would withhold our dollars.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65806 Jan 13, 2014
Former----This is common terminology among your fellow homosexuals as well.

HughBe--- You have a perverted definition of FELLOW.

Consistent.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65807 Jan 13, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This is common terminology among your fellow homosexuals as well.
Do not be ashamed of what is in your heart. Spread your wings and fly
like free-spirited fairy.
All is good with the world, my friend.
A Jamaican Peter Pan!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65808 Jan 13, 2014
HughBe--- Please read with understanding. I would never say that no one says Mon. I have said that I do NOT KNOW any such person. Moreover, it is possible that because people like you believe and expect people in the resort areas to say MON they oblige.

former res---Yes that's probably true.

HughBe--- I see A glimmer of hope in terms of an improvement in your understanding skills.

Former---And because we also expect people in France to speak French( which is a LANGUAGE with its VOCABULARY and not just a SINGLE word),they do so when we go there.

Hugh--- Correct and not only on those occasions but also when they talk to each other. This is another lesson for the day.

My observation is that you are still not getting the idea that MON is NOT the entire VOCABULARY of the Jamaican patois. When you get this understanding you will desist from comparing it to an ENTIRE Language and in this case FRENCH.

Former---Very smart of them to please the tourists.

HughBe--- It may be that they are very smart and please the tourists by speaking French when communicating with them. However, they also please themselves with those French letters and words.

Do you think it smart of them to speak French to tourists who do not know French?

Do Americans tend to hold conversations in English with non-English speakers and then consider themselves smart?

Former---Otherwise we would withhold our dollars.

HughBe--- And you all would miss out on the benefits of French letters. They can save your lives.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#65809 Jan 13, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former res----If God is only a NICKNAME, then why can't it be spelled out in writing but it's ok to speak it?
Frijoles--- The nicknames CAN be spelled, and they CAN be spoken.
HughBe--- So why write G-d and not God?
Maat---To make the distinction (given matthew 28:17-19 where jesus is revered as a god)
HughBe--- I take it that Matthew 28 is still in existence when the word is spoken. So please tell me how the differentiation is made when the word is spoken.
Remember when writing the differentiation is G-d as opposed to God because of Matthew 28 so tell me the differentiation for the spoken form of the word.
Ignore the fact that Frijoles opinion differs from yours.
No we do not differ on the principles.
Frij usually refrains from discussing with christians, so does not have to make distinctions between the g-d of the hebrew book and the trinity god of the defunct translation plus addition .

I've tried god of the HB, but people are bound to think it has something to do with your strange ideas.
I hope you do understand that it is totally irrelevant what ever may be of Matthew?
As far as the rule goes about not using the name in vain, nor changing anything, the NT (the very name) as well as the theology in it does replace Ha Shem. Replacement theology.

But when the name is but spoken or written as really intended people will not use it in vain, nor be tempted to make Ha Shem into a trinity or for that matter a beercan "since being all powerfull and wonderfull'. What they frankly invented in the era christianity developed imo is a god of the gaps.

Given what the character( name ) means it should not be necessary to put a prohibition on it, but the law should not be diminished. Nor the letter of the law added to. So the commandment reached farther.

It's a proper philosophy.
Terms have their proper definition.
I can't say that of all the contradictions found in Matthew. Nor about how it changes the definitions.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65810 Jan 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jamaican Peter Pan!
Frijoles, based on observations over a long period of time I believe that YOU are the one who judge my departure from the forum as being helpful.

Do so now. Later.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65811 Jan 13, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Do Americans tend to hold conversations in English with non-English speakers and then consider themselves smart?
Yes, of course. We are the smartest people in the world.(Pay no attention to
those standardized tests.)

When foreigners don't understand our American language, we simply say it
again but more loudly!

Then if you don't understand, you are just a dumb foreigner.

You dig, mon?

It is up to you folks to understand us. We don't really care what you have to say.

America first !!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65813 Jan 13, 2014
HughBe---Ignore the fact that Frijoles opinion differs from yours.

Maat---No we do not differ on the principles.

HughBe--- Compare his words with yours. Frijoles, "The nicknames CAN be spelled, and they CAN be spoken." yours "To make the distinction".

If God can be written as Frijoles says then where is the need for a DISTINCTION? Why an inconsistent application of your distinction? How would this DISTINCTION be made when SPOKEN?

Maat---Frij usually refrains from discussing with christians, so does not have to make distinctions between the g-d of the hebrew book and the trinity god of the defunct translation plus addition .

HughBe--- I have YEARS of religious discussions with Frijoles. They are all here as a matter of record and I am called a Christian.

Maat---I've tried god of the HB, but people are bound to think it has something to do with your strange ideas.

HughBe--- I take your STRANGE to mean PECULIAR.

Maat---I hope you do understand that it is totally irrelevant what ever may be of Matthew?

HughBe--- Yes I do understand that what is in Matthew is IRRELEVANT. My understanding comes totally from your words i.e. "To make the distinction (given matthew 28:17-19 where jesus is revered as a god)"

Maat---As far as the rule goes about not using the name in vain, nor changing anything, the NT (the very name) as well as the theology in it does replace Ha Shem. Replacement theology.

HughBe--- It is a NASTY habit of Jews to change things, don't you think? The NT was written by JEWS.

Maat---But when the name is but spoken or written as really intended people will not use it in vain, nor be tempted to make Ha Shem into a trinity or for that matter a beercan "since being all powerfull and wonderfull'. What they frankly invented in the era christianity developed imo is a god of the gaps.

HughBe--- Blame the Jews. They WROTE and taught the GENTILES.

Maat---Given what the character( name ) means it should not be necessary to put a prohibition on it, but the law should not be diminished. Nor the letter of the law added to. So the commandment reached farther.
It's a proper philosophy.
Terms have their proper definition.

HughBe--- Have your rabbis added or diminished from the law?

Maat---I can't say that of all the contradictions found in Matthew. Nor about how it changes the definitions.

HughBe--- Blame that Jew BOY Matthew. I hope that you do know that he was a Jew just like that fellow called Jesus.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#65814 Jan 13, 2014
As I was enticed to come back for a quickie.

Later.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65815 Jan 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jamaican Peter Pan!
I was the one who judged the homosexual's departure "Helpful"

And I tried to judge your Peter Pan comment "Funny" but it wouldn't let me.

So let it be said, funny!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65816 Jan 13, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
VEDIC PSEUDO SCIENCE:
The Hindu fundamentalist party that ruled over India used every ploy to make the Vedas sound scientific.
Nearly every important discovery of modern science was read back into Hindu sacred books:
1) explosion of nuclear energy became the awesome appearance of God in the Bhagvat Gita;
2) the indeterminacy at quantum level served as confirmation of Vedanta;
3) atomic charges became equivalent to negative, positive and neutral gunas, or moral qualities;
4) the reliance of experience and reason in science became the same thing as reliance on mystical experience, and so on.
Contemporary theories of physics, evolution and biology were wilfully distorted to make it look as if all of modern science was converging to affirm the New Age, mind-over-matter cosmology that follows from Vedantic monism.'Evidence' from fringe sciences was used to support all kinds of superstitions, from vastu, astrology,'quantum healing' to the latest theory of Vedic creationism.
Science and 'Vedas' were treated as just different names for the same thing.
It's strange that all of sudden you are rejecting the Vedas. It sounds to me you have recently been seeing a documentary that has debunked your Vedas, hence your many posts about it. There was a time, not too long ago where you believed in the Vedas and its "Science"... I advised you that there is almost nothing of scientific on it, and that its "scientific claim" were due to distortion of what the text really said.

Had you been listening to me back then you would have avoided such a blunder.

I wonder why do you think you are a free thinker when you after read the mumbo jumbo on Vedas believed it all? As a free thinker you should be able to reject it at the first read.

I do also wonder why are you use rationalization as a means to disprove your former holy book, when you stated many times you can check everything with the yoga.

Every time you "check" something or need something you need Science, pretty strange for a self claimed yogi with "supra powers".

In other words the picture that is coming out from your own words is that you have no powers at all,(already knew) and that everything you say was and is result of your thinking, that you tried to pass it as "yoga". Sadly most of your new thinkings were already said by me.

Location hidden

#65818 Jan 13, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. We are the smartest people in the world.(Pay no attention to
those standardized tests.)
When foreigners don't understand our American language, we simply say it
again but more loudly!
Then if you don't understand, you are just a dumb foreigner.
You dig, mon?
It is up to you folks to understand us. We don't really care what you have to say.
America first !!
Benghazi !!!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65819 Jan 13, 2014
Religious knowledge that is stuck in a black hole of reification and reverence is horribly outdated, extremely limited and riddled with errors.

Location hidden

#65820 Jan 13, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the one who judged the homosexual's departure "Helpful"
And I tried to judge your Peter Pan comment "Funny" but it wouldn't let me.
So let it be said, funny!
I am sure the Jamaican is no stranger to tights.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65821 Jan 13, 2014
HUGH:

The unified field is simply the field of matter, energy and consciousness which on manifestation gives rise to the universe.

It functions on the basis of causation.

The unified field is not some omnipotent and omniscient G-d with anthropopathic traits nor does it judge or punish or love or hate or intervene.

The unified field is imply the origin or the basis of the manifested universe.

The unified field is evolutionary in the sense that each higher frequency of vibration that's involved in its lowest manifestation which is matter emerges successively under created pulls and pressures which in turn ushers in different epochs on the terrestrial plane and which accounts for the different phases of evolution that we have evidence of.

So, in what way is the unified field the same as your anthropopathic G-d who judges, loves, threatens, abuses and crates from nothing and the like?

Your G-d is mumbo jumbo or at the most it is some temporary formation of matter, energy and consciousness on say the vital plane.

The unified field is the basis of the Manifestation (universe).
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65822 Jan 13, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Joel---Why is it that nothing visibly bad happens to big-time criminals like corrupt politicians, autocratic kings, religious figureheads preaching intolerance and hatred, blood and scam billionaires, terrorist masterminds, intel chiefs, drug lords, human traffickers, human sacrificers and other perverts?

Hugh--- Time is longer than rope meaning in time their rewards will be given to them.
How do you know this will happen when nothing adverse happens to them despite their bad karma either in their lifetime or to their successive generations?

If a person is mentally, emotionally and physically resilient and if he can bring his will to bear down on his subconscious where the roots of karma are imprinted as vibrational impulses, then his basal force remains untouched by bad karma and so it retains its stability and evolutionary move. The will suppresses the effects of the bad karma or if the will is potent enough it can alter completely the bad karma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SOLUTION ON HOW TO GET AN EX BACK,CONTACT (drdo... 8 min Anthony 17
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Bluestater 1,252,424
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 19 min Go Blue Forever 99,924
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,328
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Red_Forman 964
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 54,004
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dr Guru 192,509
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages