Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72024 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65742 Jan 13, 2014
Coming into direct contact with the higher frequencies of vibration of the energy field is dangerous if one does not have a purified and a strong nervous system, otherwise the direct contact with the higher energy will breakdown the nervous system of the person leading to diseases, insanity, paralysis or death. Worse, if the higher energy descends into the nervous system, as it has done in my case, then the difficulties are manifold as the nerves are constantly being sensitized to the new input and besides the subconscious is stirred up and brought to the surface for weeding out the undesirable imprints of personality and other adverse impressions. It is a most exacting process. On the other hand, scripture reading, head bowing, following dietary rules, abstaining from work once a week, lighting candles, going on pilgrimage, wearing a certain religious garb or singing songs are child's play and have nothing whatsoever to do with the cosmic reality or yogic experience.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65743 Jan 13, 2014
Coming into direct contact with the higher frequencies of vibration of the universal energy field is dangerous if one does not have a purified and a strong nervous system, otherwise the direct contact with the higher energy will breakdown the nervous system of the person leading to diseases, insanity, paralysis or death.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65744 Jan 13, 2014
Worse, if the higher energy descends into the nervous system, as it has done in my case, then the difficulties are manifold as the nerves are constantly being sensitized to the new input and besides the subconscious is stirred up and brought to the surface for weeding out the undesirable imprints of personality and other adverse impressions.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65745 Jan 13, 2014
Scripture reading, head bowing, following dietary rules, abstaining from work once a week, lighting candles, going on pilgrimage, wearing a certain religious garb or singing songs are child's play and have nothing whatsoever to do with the cosmic reality or with yogic experience.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65746 Jan 13, 2014
Opps, sorry for the double posts.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65747 Jan 13, 2014
You are what you eat.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65748 Jan 13, 2014
"Global Cooling" is fast spreading and even here in coastal Mumbai where the weather is always hot and muggy it's pretty chill these days.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65749 Jan 13, 2014
Over the years, winter temperatures are dipping all over the world.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65750 Jan 13, 2014
Over the years, winter temperatures are dipping all over the world.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65751 Jan 13, 2014
Usually what happens when a thermodynamic system enters a phase of high instability is that it either collapses or emerges into a higher state of stability.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65752 Jan 13, 2014
The key to understanding dissipative structures is to realize that they maintain themselves in a stable state far from equilibrium.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65753 Jan 13, 2014
Eugene Odum's dictum: " Matter circulates, energy dissipates."
former res

Cheshire, CT

#65754 Jan 13, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
or me with mushrooms!
Truth be told, I find the smell of bacon repulsive. Mainly out of traumatic experience. I had a housemate in grad school, ironically a cancer researcher in the med school, who sizzled the stuff up EVERY friggin morning for the year I lived with him. Every morning I would wake up to the sizzle and smell.
The other day I had a tamale at a holiday (Xmas) party and AFTER I ate it, I found out there were two types of tamales on the platter, chicken and pork. I asked no questions, and life moved on.
They should have put those little signs on the platter! "Pork" "Chicken"

Did you enjoy it? That is, before you found out what it might have been?

But too much of anything can be too much.

There was an old Simpsons episode where Homer was sent to hell, strapped down, and rapidly force-fed donuts (his favorite) by a machine. Home was the exception and of course enjoyed every donut!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65755 Jan 13, 2014
PERFECT EQUILIBRIUM IS DEATH

A living organism is characterized by continual flow and change in its metabolism that involves thousands of chemical reactions many of them going on simultaneously. Chemical and thermal equilibrium exists when all these processes cease. In other words, an organism in equilibrium is a dead organism. Living organisms continually maintain themselves in a state far from equilibrium which is the state of sentience or of life. Although very different from equilibrium, this state of life is nevertheless stable over long periods of time with the same overall structure being maintained in spite of the perpetual flow and exchange of components.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65756 Jan 13, 2014
CHEMO-THERMAL EQUILIBRIUM & STILLNESS OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Near chemo-thermo equilibrium we may expect to discover repetitive phenomena and universal laws with the innate consciousness, too, entering into a state of "stillness". As we move away from equilibrium, we move from the universal towards the richness of diversity that derive from the universal laws. In this poise of manifested multiplicity, consciousness recovers its dynamic movements associated with sentience.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65757 Jan 13, 2014
In classical thermodynamics, irreversibility, although an important feature, is always associated with energy losses and waste. However, in a dissipative structure like a living entity which operates in a "state of life" that's far from equilibrium, irreversible processes play a constructive and an indispensable role. This phenomenon has been demonstrated by the noted chemist, Ilya Prigogine, in his radical researches on dissipative structures.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65760 Jan 13, 2014
NEWTONIAN WORLDVIEW VERSUS THE DISSIPATIVE STRUCTURE WORLDVIEW:

Chemical reactions, the basic processes of life, are the prototype of irreversible reactions. In a Newtonian world, there would be no chemistry and no life. However, within the ambit of the new theory of dissipative structures, chemical processes like the catalytic loops that're essential to living organisms lead to instabilities through repeated self-amplifying feedback on account of which new structures of ever-increasing complexity emerge at successive bifurcation points. In a nutshell, irreversibility is the innate mechanism that brings order out of chaos.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65761 Jan 13, 2014
The yogic experiences favor the dissipative view in ordinary sentient organisms and at the same time emphasize the equilibrium state of perfect non-change in energy field accompanied by perfect stillness of consciousness - the highest stasis!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65762 Jan 13, 2014
I would have loved to introduce the complex chemical equations and detailed mathematical calculations to buttress my points on equilibrium state and dissipative structures from a therm-chemical perspective but this thread does not support higher mathematical workings.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#65763 Jan 13, 2014
Going to the Sea Lounge in the Taj for a quick dinner. Later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min IdiggHiggs 1,348,250
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques Ottawa 207,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 35 min _Zoey_ 7,331
last post wins! (Dec '10) 59 min They cannot kill ... 1,596
News Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding (Apr '09) 1 hr Ritual Habitual 4,425
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 622
Vice lords" 2 hr talkbecauseyoucantDo 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages