Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,956)

Showing posts 59,101 - 59,120 of64,996
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

My late Dad (who had a razor sharp mind) had degrees in Math and Law. Odd combination. He was some sort of a genius in Math and would often score 100 on 100 in the subject in school and later in university. He would work out complex calculation mentally and would be coming up with new approaches in problem solving. These excellent analytical skills coupled with a superb command over the English language gave him a distinct advantage over most others who he dealt with. on the dark side, he was a notorious womanizer, a heavy drinker and a wife-abuser. At times, I miss my Dad. He instilled in me the love for perfection and often told me never to rest until a concept or an application had been thoroughly mastered. RIP.

Since: Jan 14

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

My late Mom was the one with terrific style who had great taste in art and a superb flair for languages especially English and French. She had a master's degree on English Lit. I miss her.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Well, Hugh, how much do you know in Math?

3 ^ 0 =?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Fuddy Duddy !

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
RABBEE,
I just can't believe that you once worked in the field of science and technology considering the fact that your knowledge of Math, Physics and Chemistry is so poor.
The same applies for a couple of other American posters here who claim to have "doctorates" in "science" and who have worked or who are working in science disciplines.
What I mean is that these posters hardly know anything in Math, Physics and Chem and yet they have been awarded the PhD in scientific disciplines by some misguided US universities where the faculty and the students appear to be sailing in the same sinking boat.
Shame.
rabbee: joel you are so na´ve, 80 to 90% or more of what you are taught. you will, never use. a college degree, is only as good as the front door and an interview.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Had I been a doctoral student, the faculty in the university would have feared my presence since my novel ideas, penetrating questions and excellent skills in Math, Physics and Chem would have been too much for most of them to handle. I tend to learn any new concept or new skill in Math, Physics and Chem very fast and add a few more insights of my own to the subject and am some sort of a perfectionist when I get serious and would have raised the bar in the field of research much higher than most other doctoral candidates.
rabbee: yes joel we know - it was too hard for you to chew bubble gum and do, that at the same time.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

CTM wrote:
<quoted text>..........You mean like the DEEP? Who do you think are the culprits here? They are the ones changing the rules so they don't have to face liability for their failure to enforce the law as well as having taken kickbacks.Do you even realize there is a Garbage Lobby in DC?
No, non profits. There are a few of them around. Ask around or google. Anyone with experience with toxic issues anywhere knows this. When you believe the environmental laws arent being enforced, you sue the regulatory agency.

The DEEP IS the state. They are the ones you have a bone to pick with. Not the AG office.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: joel you are so na´ve, 80 to 90% or more of what you are taught. you will, never use. a college degree, is only as good as the front door and an interview.
and the teensie bit he knows, he is clueless when it comes to application.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, Joel's calling is to be a fashion reporter. He is marvelous at this, and his descriptions are fabulous! Seriously.

Also, I suspect he would make a good high school teacher, provided he was also monitored for anti-social tendencies.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Frijoles the mathematically challenged pseudo-scientist with an IQ of 45 is teased.

ha ha ha

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

FRIJOLES AND RABBEE ARE LIARS:

Obviously, Frijoles, the mathematically challenged dunce, is lying about holding a doctorate in a scientific discipline when he has the IQ of a 5th Grader with mathematical and reasoning skills to match those of a 5th Grader.

Rabbee claimed to have an IQ of 200 on the Allah thread but has not a clue about the deeper concepts in Math, Physics, Chem and Logic.

Rabbee was exposed by COR during their exchange on astrophysics when Rabbee boasted about coming up with novel mathematically worked out hypothesis about the origin of stars or something like that and on being asked by COR to produce the paper, Rabbee, as expected, ran away saying that his G-d did not permit him to divulge such info to others.

COR was amused and typed a line - "Oh, I've opened up a can of worms," which means that he knew that Rabbee was lying.

Rabbee is another liar like Frijoles.

Frijoles, the mathematically challenged dunce with an IQ of 45, has also been lying about having fathered 2 kids whose gender and ages he keeps forgetting over the past 5 years that I've known him.

Imagine a homosexual like Frijoles fathering children. ha ha ha

Rabbee is another reclusive homo.

(grins)

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Bye. Going shopping. TC.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
FRIJOLES AND RABBEE ARE LIARS:
Frijoles, the mathematically challenged dunce with an IQ of 45, has also been lying about having fathered 2 kids whose gender and ages he keeps forgetting over the past 5 years that I've known him.
(grins)
Huh? I cant help it if you cant remember straight. I never said I had 2 kids.

and btw, speaking of forgetfulness, isnt the world supposed to end?

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

CAN SINS BE ERASED BY G-D, PROPHET OR SAINT?

1) No. Sins cannot be erased by some G-d, prophet or sage because the very act of pardoning sins would upset the cause-effect mechanism in the sinning individual leading to imbalance in his force field unless the forgiving entity diverts the sin (distorted vibration of the individual's energy field) to his own energy field and bears the harmful consequence or dissolves it there after expenditure of much energy. Imagine doing this for billions of people and on a minute to minute basis. This process of erasing the sins of billions of people on a continuous basis would adversely affect the G-d, prophet or saint and bring about his ruin or at the least it would create serious imbalances in his own energy fields.

2) First, we should understand that a sin is simply an error that can be rectified by not repeating the same mistake again. However, the error that has been committed by the person carries its own causal reaction and after it has being sufficiently influenced by the other lines of karma in the individual and in his immediate surroundings it will manifest as an effect under appropriate circumstances.

3) The manifested effect is not a tit for tat - as for instance, if X murders Y, it does not necessarily mean that X will be murdered in the future. This is a tit for tat reaction which rarely if at all occurs to the murderer because his karma concerning the murder of Y will be tempered by his other karma, and if, at the same time, he possesses sufficient mental, emotional and physical poise then the adverse karma of murder that is recorded as an imprint in his subconscious energy field will not negatively impact the stability and evolutionary trend of his basal energy field and as such the negative effect of the karma will be diluted, transformed or nullified. The residual negative karma, if any, would, in such a case, have minimal adverse effect on the "sinner".

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

FROM LOWER TRUTH TO HIGHER TRUTH

1) I don't recognize "sin" as an act that carries with it an air of finality and for which the punishment is begging some judgmental deity for forgiveness or eternal damnation.

2) I acknowledge that a person can make mistakes the trend of which can be broken if one is conscious enough to avoid repeating the same mistake in future.

3) The lower truth has its positive and negative sides in various circumstances since everything on the mental, emotional and physical planes is constructed of an innate duality - good and bad - like the obverse and the reverse faces of a coin and besides most importantly what is good in a given circumstance may well be bad in another context and what may be good for one person may be relatively harmful for another person.

4) Growth in consciousness occurs when we move in keeping with changing circumstances from lower truth to higher truth with persistent zeal and great intrepidity.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? I cant help it if you cant remember straight. I never said I had 2 kids.
and btw, speaking of forgetfulness, isnt the world supposed to end?
JOEL COOL DUDE---(1) FRIJOLES AND RABBEE ARE LIARS:

(2)Frijoles, the mathematically challenged dunce with an IQ of 45, has also been lying about having fathered 2 kids whose gender and ages he keeps forgetting over the past 5 years that I've known him.
(grins)

Frijoles----Huh? I cant help it if you cant remember straight. I never said I had 2 kids.

HughBe---- My dear Frijoles, please be comforted by the fact that Joel's point 1 is known by ALL, including you. Note, I can't keep my eyes off of YOU and so my focus is on YOU.

Joel's point 2 also attracts my comments. First, your IQ is definitely way above 45 and you may even be considered bright, in America. In terms of fathering children please forgive Joel as he keeps forgetting that neither YOU nor your "wife" can father children together.

Having said all of that kindly remind me of the reason your religion teaches its disciples that they should not eat meat and drink milk together. Just so that you know where I am going, the doctrine is just another man-made BS but still answer as it is my intention to INSTRUCT you and your masters in the way of TRUTH, SENSE and HONESTY.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Oh Frijoles, your man Eric, the rabbi, should also answer the question and young Ricky.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I may have misread you. Are you confused that an orthodox Jew can speak the name of God in Hebrew but not write the name of God in Hebrew?
If so, the words in Hebrew are "nicknames'(technically called appellations)- they arent really the name of God in Hebrew - that is never spoken, and never written.
Common appellations are adonay (loosely translated as lord), melech haolam (king of the universe), elohainu (our God), ribbono shel olam (lord of the universe), hashem (the name), etc etc. And the tetragammaton (pronounced as adonay) These are all used when praying/talking to God.
I guess all I'm really saying is that I bet the folks on here you are writing "G-d" do regularly speak the name God out loud.

Seem inconsistent to me. For whatever reason.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

MUMBO JUMBO - QURAN AND VEDAS

1) The Quran and the Vedas were created by hallucinating idiots (as is the case with the religious books of the other religions as well).

2) The Quran and the Vedas belong to a stone age era when human beings were no better than savages and most of the teachings of these religious scriptures reflect the same.

3) The only plus points of the Vedas is that it does not preach the absurdity of creation from nothing and some of its observations on natural phenomena are valid in an elementary way but most of its other expositions are fantasy, hallucinations, divisive as seen in its promotion of caste, violence as visible in its advocacy of repressing and/or killing the conquered Dravidians and lower castes who served as the slaves of the Aryans, or erroneous readings of the nature of the reality.

4) Reason and the discoveries of science have debunked the teachings of the Quran and the Vedas and of religion in general.

5) These days only the lowest human types fight over religion and brain-dead human riff raff cling to religion.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Drawers and a very short sexy shorts, only.
Are you in a suit?
I'm in my birthday suit.

Is a little cellulite a turn off?

:))

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,101 - 59,120 of64,996
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TheIndependentMajority 1,033,782
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min RACE 4,023
Amy 4-17 10 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Linktv org 167,417
Abby 4-17 17 min RACE 4
World War O 45 min Washington Blog 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Brian_G 42,940
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 96,017
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance