Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,133
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65203 Jan 4, 2014
Hugh,

What's the difference between instinct, reason and intuition and on which planes of consciousness does each of these arise?

Bye, I need to rest for some time.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#65204 Jan 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider it karma
rabbee: really bad karma at that. bad karma bad bad wind

Denver, CO

#65205 Jan 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not the one whining about lost posts, am I?
Soul searching is your task, not mine
rabbee: joel lost his soul? hey i'm a poet and don't know it.

Denver, CO

#65206 Jan 4, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Soul?
LOL.
What do you know about the soul?
Soul is not the breath of life or the life force as many ignorant persons assume on the basis of scriptural teachings.
(winks)
rabbee: well if you are looking, for your soeul, it's in korea?
and you do not, understand what the breath of life is. or you ain't got no soul.

Denver, CO

#65207 Jan 4, 2014
JOEL wrote:
In religious history, Jesus and Ramakrishna Paramhans are supposed to have drawn the sins of others on to themselves and as a result either became ill or suffered or died . In medieval times, the Mughal emperor Babur who conquered India is said to have willingly drawn on to himself via a Sufi ritual the fatal disease of his beloved son, Humayun, and died soon thereafter while the son got cured at the same time.
rabbee: well you seem to be sucking them up pretty well yourself. what did you say, your name was? and do you give, haircuts with that?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65209 Jan 4, 2014
Yawn. LOL.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#65210 Jan 4, 2014
Big Bang

Location hidden

#65211 Jan 4, 2014
In Hindi, Nirodh = Condom

(grins)

Location hidden

#65212 Jan 4, 2014
Is there any valid reason to believe in blasphemy? What're the natural consequences of blasphemy? None that can be accounted for. The "blasphemer" is always fine in mind and body if left alone by man-made laws that seek to punish "blasphemers" with the death penalty. So, the harsh punishment meted out to "blasphemers" is the work of deluded men claiming to act on behalf of some invisible God, while there's no divine retribution that befalls the "blasphemer". Abolish misguided blasphemy laws.

Location hidden

#65213 Jan 4, 2014
Blasphemy, apostasy, heresy and non-belief are meaningless words that are misguided human constructs that have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual workings of the reality and so should be forthwith discarded. Anyone is free to leave a faith, to criticise it, to question its teachings, or to convert to another faith that's better suited to his temperament. What matters is ethical behavior, cultivation of rational and intuitional faculties, aspiration for the truth and close observance of the natural laws where breeding and ecological preservation are concerned.

Denver, CO

#65214 Jan 4, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Big Bang
rabbee: yeah heard about that, their excellent engineering, had another building collapse.

Location hidden

#65215 Jan 4, 2014
Ya Ma.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#65216 Jan 5, 2014
Its always interesting how people often select their screen names as to what they aspire to be, and not what are they are. One can always dream.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#65217 Jan 5, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yeah heard about that, their excellent engineering, had another building collapse.
Have you bought any weed yet, Jimmie?

Denver, CO

#65218 Jan 5, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Have you bought any weed yet, Jimmie?
rabbee: yes i live in Colorado, and nope i have neither bought, sold, nor received any. i am neither for not against, freedom of individual choice. i do not possess, any firearm either. but i am neither for nor against, the personal choice of having one. just like many other things, that should not be mandated by the government.

so no! i am not a mile higher, than the mile high city. even if Colorado, has gotten a mile higher lately.

Denver, CO

#65219 Jan 5, 2014
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Have you bought any weed yet, Jimmie?
rabbee: and my ex-wife's maiden name, was like Da-veed, because it is a German w.

Location hidden

#65220 Jan 5, 2014
TANACH VERSUS NT:

1) Deuteronomy 4/39: "Know this day, and lay it to thy heart, that the LORD, He is God in heaven above and upon the earth beneath; there is none else."

JOEL - The verse from Deuteronomy 4/39 is an illogical creationist statement preaching pure dualism in which the Lord is stationed as the almighty and creator of the creation without there being perfect identity of the creation with the creator. In the absence of a causal link between the creator and the creation, the creationist view takes precedence.

2) NT: "I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."

JOEL - The above statement is a stage in yoga called qualified nondualism which is a step above dualism as preached by Deuteronomy 4/39 but a step below nondualism.

Qualified nondualism shows the close nexus by bringing in a causal connection among Father, Prophet and human beings.

In dualism, the Father, Prophet and human beings are seen as separate entities without a causal connection among them.

Dualism, as preached by Deuteronomy 4/39, is the most inferior stage and rests on the illogic of creation from nothing.

Qualified nondualism bridges the rigid gap among Father, Prophet and human beings by bringing in a common force link or a common causal connection that links the three.

The highest stage in yoga is nondualism in which perfect oneness among Father, Prophet and human beings is established.

In this nondual stage, Father, Prophet and human beings are seen as the varied manifestations of one field of consciousness-energy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#65222 Jan 5, 2014
THE INFERIOR DUALISM OF THE TANACH VERSUS THE SUPERIOR NONDUALISM OF THE NT:

1) The Tanach remains hopelessly stuck on the lowest stage called dualism in which the creator is eternally separated from the creation without there being a causal connection between the creator and the creation which then forces us to enter the illogical domain of creationism.

2) On the other hand, the NT scales all the three stages of ideation beginning with dualism, moving on to qualified nondualism and ending with a grand flourish in nondualism ("I and my Father are one", "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you", "be ye as perfect as thy Heavenly Father".)

Location hidden

#65223 Jan 5, 2014
When is Hugh gonna come online?

Location hidden

#65224 Jan 5, 2014
Tickle the ivories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Edmond Pulpo 181,905
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Teaman 1,154,452
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 21 min Le Jimbo 22
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,893
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,250
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 1 hr Star Thugs Lose 16
Abby 12-22 2 hr Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Deputy Dog 98,857
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]