Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,925)

Showing posts 58,481 - 58,500 of65,542
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Though I suspect the real issue is not the preaching, but the dissonance between his teachings and his psyche.
Why are you so upset if someone is anti-gay.

Why don't you condemn that girlish retard Rick whose posts reek of hatred of anything related to the goyim?

Why don't you take that girlish homo Rick to task when he posts bull shit that supports the bull shit found in the Tanach?

Let anyone condemn homosexuality so long as his opposition to same sex relations does not result in violence, discrimination and murder of gays.

Hugh criticizes gay behavior but has always said that gays like everyone else should enjoy equal rights without discrimination and so in this way Hugh's views on homosexuality are saner and far more civilized than the foul preachings of those Hebrew villains and the monster they worshipped.

Ok, fanatical retard?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Besides, as I said before, he wouldnt be provoked if he wasnt so intolerant in the first place.

Personality trumps the written word.
A most inane generalization.

What do you know about personality and mind states and behavior?

Please don't quite some bull shit from a barbaric book like the Tanach or from the laughable teachings of a retard like Maimonides.

LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

typo

Please don't QUOTE some bull shit from a barbaric book like the Tanach or from the laughable teachings of a retard like Maimonides.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Going out shopping.
Abolish The Fed

Belleville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my concern, really. The question was whether attorneys have to put the law above their clients, and I believe Eric addressed that. If you want move the goal posts for this discussion, you would first have to prove that this is really a widespread problem.
Actually the question is whether attorneys need to do anything they say and without sufficient oversight the answer is a big whopping NO.

Now if you want a real free market solution the BAR should be abolished.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the question is whether attorneys need to do anything they say and without sufficient oversight the answer is a big whopping NO.
Now if you want a real free market solution the BAR should be abolished.
But I dont. Absolute free market without any constraints (i.e. unbridled capitalism) is a receipe for disaster.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so upset if someone is anti-gay.
Why don't you condemn that girlish retard Rick whose posts reek of hatred of anything related to the goyim?
Why don't you take that girlish homo Rick to task when he posts bull shit that supports the bull shit found in the Tanach?
Let anyone condemn homosexuality so long as his opposition to same sex relations does not result in violence, discrimination and murder of gays.
Hugh criticizes gay behavior but has always said that gays like everyone else should enjoy equal rights without discrimination and so in this way Hugh's views on homosexuality are saner and far more civilized than the foul preachings of those Hebrew villains and the monster they worshipped.
Ok, fanatical retard?
I dont get upset. You yourself noted, I like to provoke. Thats different

personally, my views on gays is simple 1) marriage equality and full civil rights 2) what people do in the bedroom is their own darn business

nothing more complex than that

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>

What do you know about personality and mind states and behavior?

LOL.
Easy

I can recognize a mentally unbalanced poster on Topix.

Not that this is hard. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't get upset. You yourself noted, I like to provoke.

You get very upset when your low level of intelligence, homosexuality, parochialism (tribalism) and fanaticism are pointed out.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy
Not that this is hard. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Hey! Hey! I resemble that remark. Felice Navidad!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You get very upset when your low level of intelligence, homosexuality, parochialism (tribalism) and fanaticism are pointed out.
funny you should say that when I ignore 98% of your posts. Are you hearing voices again?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Then shouldn't you first be labelling those barbaric patriarchs of the Tanach as insane and in addition consider yourself a lunatic since you worship a savage monster called G-d?

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Hey! I resemble that remark. Felice Navidad!
Ho Ho Ho!

Stay and visit awhile!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

nothing more complex than that

How can you talk about things that're complex when you've failed to master the simple things in existence because of your inferior level of intelligence and unbridled fanaticism?

Grow up.

Since: Dec 13

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Oh you mean justice like taking an accused rapist through jury selection in order to bill them more when they know damn well that his client is innocent and a simple evidentiary hearing on the evidence would dispense of the case?
2. How about the prosecution knowing that the so called victim is a known liar?
3. How about the fact that the justus system puts defendants through the ringer of multiple court dates through several months when a simple probable cause hearing can dispense of false arrests?
Oh my. Where do we begin?

1. One of the biggest ways to get in trouble is to waive jury trial. If you do and lose, you wind up on appeal and worse where your client says that s/he had ineffective counsel. If you go to jury trial you have to convince 1 of 6 or 12 of innocence. On a bench trial you must convince a trained jurist that your client is innocent. Normally you go before a judge only where you have a case with a lot of emotional facts that you want a dispassionate judge to hear.

2. Prosecutors are to do justice also. But just because a witness lied once doesn't mean that s/he lied again.

3. That's why we have speedy trial rules. If the defense wants a trial in a hurry they can have it. In IL if there is an indictment, that is sufficient cause probable cause to bind a defendant to trial. Without an indictment, the defendant is entitled to a probable cause hearing unless it is waived (which it usually is). Remember OJ had a probable cause hearing.

It seems like you had a bad run in with the law that soared you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

funny you should say that when I ignore 98% of your posts. Are you hearing voices again?
LOL.

The dunce is teased.

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
So who do you think is guarding the public trust when it comes to complaints on attorneys?
All states have a complaint system. IL it is done through an administrative agency set up by the Supreme Court with the Supreme Court as the final decision maker.

2012 report from IL

GRIEVANCES AND FORMAL DISCIPLINARY CHARGES
During 2012, the ARDC docketed 6,397 investigations, a 3.9% increase from the
prior year and the highest number of docketed investigations since 1996. Much of the
increase is attributable to a Supreme Court rule requiring financial institutions to report
any overdraft on a lawyer’s trust account. In 2012, the ARDC received 421 such reports.
More than half of all grievances filed involved issues of poor attorney-client relations,
typically neglect of a client matter (38% of all grievances) or failure to communicate with
a client (20% of all grievances). Consistent with prior years, the top practice areas likely
to attract a grievance include criminal law, domestic relations, tort, and real estate.

DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS
During 2012, the Supreme Court entered 103 sanctions against 102 lawyers (one
lawyer was disciplined twice in 2012). The Court suspended an additional 7 lawyers on
an emergency basis. Cook County practitioners accounted for 43% of all disciplined
lawyers. Approximately 22% of those disciplined in 2012 had one or more identified
substance abuse or mental impairment issues. About 88% of sanctioned lawyers were
sole practitioners.

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>

The above is not correct. Hugh supports criminal sanctions. He supports Jamaican practice of looking the other way when attacks on gays occur. He supports the ability of employers and landlords to discriminate against gays.

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho Ho Ho!
Stay and visit awhile!
Way above my comprehension capacity. I check in and out. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my. Where do we begin?

It seems like you had a bad run in with the law that soared you.
to put it mildly

And thats assuming he is telling the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 58,481 - 58,500 of65,542
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Jesus Christ 1,036,600
Amy 4-19 15 min boundary painter 15
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min litesong 43,149
word in common game (Aug '13) 21 min boundary painter 21
Abby 4-23 26 min Mister Tonka 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min KiMare 47,170
Abby 4-22 30 min Mister Tonka 38
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr ScarletandOlive 96,262
Amy 4-23 2 hr edogxxx 38
ask amy 4-22 4 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search