Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 13

Geneva, IL

#64333 Dec 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Moaz, you are always the first to comment on something, only command later not to do that. Hypocritical behavior.
I thought his name was Moizes

Since: Dec 13

Geneva, IL

#64334 Dec 19, 2013
I checked. It's Moiz

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64335 Dec 19, 2013
See, even names are fluid.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#64336 Dec 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet they pee in it when you are not looking, for the sheer thrill of it.
And let's not even mention what they're probably doing with his toothbrush.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#64337 Dec 19, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
LFMAO

(and i normally never use those acronyms)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64338 Dec 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP--How can a physician or a psychiatrist "cure" a person of homosexuality?

Hugh--- I am not sure that currently they can cure the disease. However, I am convinced that via medications and counselling the condition can be controlled very much like other mental health diseases.
----------

HughBe- A fellow by the name of Phil Robertson has been suspended from his job because he had the audacity to call homosexuality a sin. He has been accused of being HATEFUL etc. because he holds such a position. Interestingly, he was asked to describe SIN and he commenced in this way---"START with homosexual behaviour..."

Now tell me what is the meaning of START.

What this whole episode does is to reinforce in my mind the fact that homosexuals are sick, mentally speaking and are in many cases lawbreakers and as such CRIMINALS.

Why should anyone not be FREE to say that ANY behaviour is SINFUL based on the Bible?

They should be free to do so in a truly FREE society. However, when the society is repressive then this freedom is lost.

No one should incite anyone to harm another human being and if they do then the relevant laws that protect ALL should be applied.

Sin is sin regardless of what these lawbreakers want to call it.

Adultery is SIN
Fornication is SIN
Lying is SIN
Homosexuality is SIN
Stealing is SIN
Covetousness is SIN
Deceit is SIN
Idolatry is SIN
Drunkenness is SIN

You get the picture. So all of the above are SINS and much more. Homosexuals and their practices are legal in some places on earth and among men BUT in HEAVEN it is illegal and an ABOMINABLE SIN.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64339 Dec 19, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I bet they pee in it when you are not looking, for the sheer thrill of it.

COR---And let's not even mention what they're probably doing with his toothbrush.

HughBe--- It is my understanding that they are shaven so please tell me what you have in mind.

Location hidden

#64340 Dec 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
LFMAO
(and i normally never use those acronyms)
That would explain why the letters 'F' and 'M' are transposed ;-)

Location hidden

#64341 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I bet they pee in it when you are not looking, for the sheer thrill of it.
COR---And let's not even mention what they're probably doing with his toothbrush.
HughBe--- It is my understanding that they are shaven so please tell me what you have in mind.
http://tinyurl.com/l63cm4g

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#64342 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Why should anyone not be FREE to say that ANY behavior is SINFUL based on the Bible?
The word "sin" is a misnomer since human deeds are relative and dependent on the context and so what is good for you may be quite bad for someone else and what is termed good in a particular context may be bad in some other context.

So, where is the question of sin?

Mistakes may be made dependent on the person's personality and degree of evolution of his consciousness which're inter-related phenomena.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#64343 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
No one should incite anyone to harm another human being and if they do then the relevant laws that protect ALL should be applied.
What about those barbaric Hebrew patriarchs who mass murdered, raped, enslaved, cursed, abused, preached fanaticism, prescribed the most inhuman punishments and who indulged in every other possible perversion?

What about Jesus who abused and cursed those opposed to his teachings and who called for the murder of his opponents and who cursed and killed a fig tree?

So, in view of the above depravations, don't you think that the Hebrew patriarchs and Jesus should have been locked in mental asylums or executed?

These Hebrew patriarchs, their G-d and Jesus are unfit to tie the shoe laces of a great soul like the Buddha who was compassion personified and whose teachings exhibit a refinement and depth that're not found in the Tanach and NT.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#64344 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
BUT in HEAVEN it is illegal and an ABOMINABLE SIN.
Why do you use words like "heaven" that you can neither define nor logically explain nor give any evidence of?

These are mere words that have zero meaning.

Are you as stupid as those barbaric patriarchs of the Tanach who thought that the breath of life is the psychic? LOL.

The word "spirit", too, is a meaningless word unless by the word "spirit" is meant the psychic that stands behind the mental, emotional and physical ranges of consciousness-energy and which organizes and supports these frontal planes from its subliminal station.

The whole of existence should be explained or talked about only in terms of consciousness, matter and energy which are the only real entities that exist and which in their unified form project the universe(s) into form.

Understand, now, Mon?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#64345 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Bible
LOL.

The Tanach and the NT are objects of ridicule and disgust among thoughtful people and the trend is fast catching on as more and more people understand that these scriptures were revealed by mentally ill subhuman types (the Hebrew patriarchs and Jesus) and are aimed at retards and fanatics.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#64346 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Adultery is SIN
Fornication is SIN
Lying is SIN
Homosexuality is SIN
Stealing is SIN
Covetousness is SIN
Deceit is SIN
Idolatry is SIN
Drunkenness is SIN
So is eating a cheeseburger and mixing wool with linen. What's your point?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64347 Dec 19, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:

COR---http://tinyurl.com/l63cm 4g

HughBe---Let me have some fun at Joel's expense and say that such an action is evil and certainly is cruelty to a dumb animal.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64348 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe --
Adultery is SIN
Fornication is SIN
Lying is SIN
Homosexuality is SIN
Stealing is SIN
Covetousness is SIN
Deceit is SIN
Idolatry is SIN
Drunkenness is SIN

Rick Moss---So is eating a cheeseburger and mixing wool with linen. What's your point?

HughBe--- My points are as follows:

1. ALL sins are sins in God's eyes.
2. Calling a sinful action sin is NOT hateful.
3. It is HATEFUL to deceive and lie to your fellowman. So tell him or her what is right and what is wrong not only in the eyes of men but also in the eyes of his Maker.
4. It is evil to try and force others to call your wrong/sinful ways right or acceptable to God.
5. Anyone should be free to say to any homosexual the following, while your actions may be legal in your region yet in the eyes of God it is an ABOMINATION and He shall not accept you into the world to come. The same principle applies to the straight person who is F...ing another man's wife.
6. It is a repressive system that would seek to stifle freedom of speech.
7. God has reserved a few who shall die before they call homosexuality and any other abominable practices good.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64349 Dec 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
The Tanach and the NT are objects of ridicule and disgust among thoughtful people and the trend is fast catching on as more and more people understand that these scriptures were revealed by mentally ill subhuman types (the Hebrew patriarchs and Jesus) and are aimed at retards and fanatics.
noted
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64350 Dec 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you use words like "heaven" that you can neither define nor logically explain nor give any evidence of?
These are mere words that have zero meaning.
Are you as stupid as those barbaric patriarchs of the Tanach who thought that the breath of life is the psychic? LOL.
The word "spirit", too, is a meaningless word unless by the word "spirit" is meant the psychic that stands behind the mental, emotional and physical ranges of consciousness-energy and which organizes and supports these frontal planes from its subliminal station.
The whole of existence should be explained or talked about only in terms of consciousness, matter and energy which are the only real entities that exist and which in their unified form project the universe(s) into form.
Understand, now, Mon?
Hugh---BUT in HEAVEN it(homosexuality) is illegal and an ABOMINABLE SIN.

Joel---Why do you use words like "heaven" that you can neither define nor logically explain nor give any evidence of?

Hugh--- Why do you talk so much BS?

Joel---These are mere words that have zero meaning.

Hugh--- Incorrect. In the real world they have meaning.

Joel---Are you as stupid as those barbaric patriarchs of the Tanach who thought that the breath of life is the psychic? LOL.

Hugh--- expand.

Joel---The word "spirit", too, is a meaningless word unless by the word "spirit" is meant the psychic that stands behind the mental, emotional and physical ranges of consciousness-energy and which organizes and supports these frontal planes from its subliminal station.

Hugh--- what is the psychic that you speak of?

Joel---The whole of existence should be explained or talked about only in terms of consciousness, matter and energy which are the only real entities that exist and which in their unified form project the universe(s) into form.

Hugh--- Please demonstrate that a stone is conscious. What is energy? Apply your definition to a stone.

Joel---Understand, now, Mon?

Hugh--- No.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64351 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe---No one should incite anyone to harm another human being and if they do then the relevant laws that protect ALL should be applied.

JOEL THUMBS UP---What about those barbaric Hebrew patriarchs who mass murdered, raped, enslaved, cursed, abused, preached fanaticism, prescribed the most inhuman punishments and who indulged in every other possible perversion?

Hugh--- It is my hope that you understood my words above. With this assumption I now say, APPLY the relevant laws to the patriarchs. Do so now.

Support your charges against Abraham and Isaac.

Joel--What about Jesus who abused and cursed those opposed to his teachings and who called for the murder of his opponents and who cursed and killed a fig tree?

Hugh--- Explain the curse that you speak of and also explain to me causes of murder, rapes and death of countless fig trees in our lifetime. Are not all these evils caused by your unified field of consciousness? If yes, how is your unified consciousness better than God and the patriarchs?

Joel---So, in view of the above depravations, don't you think that the Hebrew patriarchs and Jesus should have been locked in mental asylums or executed?

Hugh--- Certainly, if I were in your emotional state.

Joel---These Hebrew patriarchs, their G-d and Jesus are unfit to tie the shoe laces of a great soul like the Buddha who was compassion personified and whose teachings exhibit a refinement and depth that're not found in the Tanach and NT.

Hugh--- As I understand it and I understand all things the Tanach contains true depth of refinement etc.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#64352 Dec 19, 2013
HughBe ---Why should anyone not be FREE to say that ANY behavior is SINFUL based on the Bible?

JOEL THUMBS UP---The word "sin" is a misnomer since human deeds are relative and dependent on the context and so what is good for you may be quite bad for someone else and what is termed good in a particular context may be bad in some other context.

Hugh--- You have demonstrated by your words that you are clueless when it comes to knowing what sin is.

Joel---So, where is the question of sin?

Hugh--- In your confused thoughts above there is no sin.

Joel---Mistakes may be made dependent on the person's personality and degree of evolution of his consciousness which're inter-related phenomena.

Hugh--- Mistakes do not =sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Dr Guru 217,060
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 59 min Gunner 1,396,356
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 60,174
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 8,927
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr fair assessment 102,560
last post wins! (Dec '10) 7 hr Retired SOF 2,157
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr Retired SOF 1,126

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages