Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
57,781 - 57,800 of 68,368 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Liam R wrote:
Wow. Wrong in so many ways...
<quoted text>

Judaism, xianity and islame all claim to be monotheism, and do not accept the existence of other Gods.
Yeah, but what Joel is referring to is not really Judaism but English literal fundamentalism. So for his religion, he has a point.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>

What makes you think it is singular?

And Jesus is "A" false god. Not like he is the only one.
You believe that God many gods are the true deities - that is ok with me.

So, why not mention the names of these true Gods that you think are true?

What makes you think the Gods you think are true are true?

Why are they true Gods in your opinion?

Why is Jesus a false God?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
Partially correct, but the practice is called "henotheism".
1) Henotheism is the belief in and worship of a single God while accepting the existence or possible existence of other deities that may also be worshipped.

2) Monolatry is the worship of a single god while acknowledging the existence of other gods.

Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Zoroastrianism have simply singled out one god (X or Y or whatever) from the many competing gods for exclusive worship.

These tribal cults acknowledge the existence of other beings but denigrate their status by claiming that the being they worship is the god almighty and creator of the universe and that the other beings are devils. This is monolatry in action. Typical tribal behavior.

Judaism has stolen its god and most of its teachings from earlier cults of the region.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
Well, that is your opinion, anyway...
The ultimate reality cannot be an athropopathic being.

Absolute is a field where all the varieties meet in harmony and of which it is their source. The absolute is the one manifesting as the many.

If I recall correctly, I believe you once said that you believe in spirit - what do you mean by spirit?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel, meet Ratloder. With a little luck he might be your next bff.
You're the butt fu-cker, not me.

You're sexually attracted to handsome, young guys, right?

Ok, no problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Liam, a typo:

You believe that many Gods are the true deities - that is ok with me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

These fellows speak of GAY RIGHTS and in essence it is the RIGHT to break the law or to engage in criminal activities.
You can debate homosexuality with practicing homos like some of your American rivals, here.

I feel sad for homos since they're born that way as science has shown. I oppose all forms of persecution.

Had the entire male population been gay, it's obvious the human race would have faced extinction long ago.

Before invitro and cloning could come around, I guess the only way a homo could sire a child would be by inserting his masturbated semen through a thin, hollow tube into the vagina of a female.

Were your 4 kids, Bonny, Monny, Johnny and Lonny, born in this way, Hugh?

LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

typo

Absolute is a field where all the varieties meet in harmony and which is their source. The absolute is the one manifesting as the many.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

HUGH,

When're you coming to Mumbai?

Would love to have you visit and stay with me for some time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Wheat germ oil is high in anti-oxidants and has a greater amount of Vit E than any other natural oil. Go for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Pointing out that in 1860, when the Indian Penal Code was adopted, knowledge of physiology and psychology was not as advanced as it is today, Union Home Minister, P C Chidambaram, told the NDTV TV channel.“Now to say same sex intercourse is against the order of nature is retrograde," he stated. The minister told NDTV that since the legislative option would be time consuming, the government was considering the quicker option of having the Attorney General file a curative petition, which would bring the judgment up for review before a full five-member bench of the Supreme Court. Sonia Gandhi, the de facto ruler of India, too condemned the ruling criminalizing gay sex between consenting individuals of the same sex.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Hugh, take hope - you won't be jailed for bum sex if you indulge in it in India. Errr, most Indians hate black bums.

(smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Pointing out that in 1860, when the Indian Penal Code was adopted, knowledge of physiology and psychology was not as advanced as it is today, Union Home Minister, P C Chidambaram, told the NDTV TV channel.“Now to say same sex intercourse is against the order of nature is retrograde," he stated. The minister told NDTV that since the legislative option would be time consuming, the government was considering the quicker option of having the Attorney General file a curative petition, which would bring the judgment up for review before a full five-member bench of the Supreme Court. Sonia Gandhi, the de facto ruler of India, too condemned the ruling criminalizing gay sex between consenting individuals of the same sex.
Jaywalking is illegal in a lot of places too. That doesnt mean anyone takes that law seriously either.(Except maybe in Kenya).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

According to news-reports, a quarter of America's 43 million renters are paying 50% of their income on housing. Tough life. I feel terrible when I see people suffering on account of monetary woes. I can't bear to see material poverty. I wish the world was a more just and equitable place so that everyone could have the basic minimal needed to keep body and soul together and would as a result have a smile on their faces. Financial deprivation is ruining hundreds of millions of poor people, everywhere. Sad.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

PROACTIVE STAND

These days I am far more proactive than ever before.

In the case where adverse force attacks and the drawing in of damaging forces are concerned, I don't subject my mind, emotions and body to the torture brought on by these invading forces but instead direct them to a certain vicious person who happens to be a scientist living in California.

Unknown to this man's surface consciousness, these incoming adverse forces are accumulating in his aura/being and after a certain critical limit has been reached, he'll begin feeling uneasy and at a later stage will fall physically ill, turn mentally unstable, face serious relationship problems or suffer great financial losses.

I feel bad about doing this at times, but, in many ways, he deserves it.

I may stop directing harmful forces at him after some time when he begins collapsing and may direct them elsewhere.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

and how do you treat your enemies?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

I can write a thick book on my direct experiences with the forces of every kind that I have encountered in the yoga in trance and in the waking consciousness. It will be a huge shock to people and sound weird, arcane and scary and at the same time it will demolish the nonsensical and often fictional teachings of the religious scriptures, if comprehended in the correct light. I may even type out a few instances of how the forces act in me and in my surroundings and how those who're vehemently opposed to me invariably suffer a bad end either by spontaneous rebound or when I take a proactive stand. Not possessing the full range of the supramental power, I lack the capacity to transform a perverse person without resorting to retaliation of the verbal, mental, physical or yogic kind. Of course, I have a very forgiving nature and would rather suffer myself rather than inflict serious harm on anyone. Some years ago, I targetted a few vicious persons and an animal who were destroyed as a consequence of being targetted by the higher force that was directed by me at them. I have taken things lying down for long but these days I'm regaining my past instinct of acting proactively. It may not be a good thing. Retaliation, intolerance or attack is always a manifestation of inferiority and barbarism as seen in the words/actions of the spiritual pygmies called the prophets of the various religions. The superior yogi who possesses the supramental power can effect a transformation of an adverse force or of a perverse mind without saying a word and without lifting a finger. The supramental method of transformation down to the subconscient level where the deep rooted instincts lie, is a demonstration of true power. Abusing, cursing, running around with weapons, coercion, blood sacrifices, threatening, terrorizing opponents and killing detractors are always signs of inferiority and savagery.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No, even if the other Gods were to worship one particular God as supreme, that would still not be a monotheism, for the simple reason that it recognizes the existence of many Gods.
rabbee: then you have not been listening, to what joel and others has been saying. he thinks he is, the only g-d. and does not accept, there are other g-ds other than him. cause only he, is suprareme.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: then you have not been listening, to what joel and others has been saying. he thinks he is, the only g-d. and does not accept, there are other g-ds other than him. cause only he, is suprareme.
pbuh

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Henotheism is the belief in and worship of a single God while accepting the existence or possible existence of other deities that may also be worshipped.
2) Monolatry is the worship of a single god while acknowledging the existence of other gods.
Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Zoroastrianism have simply singled out one god (X or Y or whatever) from the many competing gods for exclusive worship.
These tribal cults acknowledge the existence of other beings but denigrate their status by claiming that the being they worship is the god almighty and creator of the universe and that the other beings are devils. This is monolatry in action. Typical tribal behavior.
Judaism has stolen its god and most of its teachings from earlier cults of the region.
rabbee: sorry charlie joel tuna - but when G-D comes and says, I-AM that I-AM, and shall be what I-AM. and that you shall not mention, the g-d of others in my presence. and gives to you the rest of the third degree riot act. that is not stealing, from other religions. any more than G-D, coming to speak with Avraham about sodam and gomorrah is stealing from other religions. anything anyone gets from any direct encounter, with G-D is not stealing. if you take a dollar, that is not given or offered that is stealing. to take a gift dollar, that is offered that is not stealing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 3 min Sublime1 28
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Terry rigsby 48,883
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,079,431
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min voice of peace 67,904
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,523
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 20 min Wrecked 12
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 21 min bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min edogxxx 97,521
Amy 7-24 1 hr Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••