Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
57,641 - 57,660 of 68,986 Comments Last updated 27 min ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63931 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
It is an interesting issue.
Bottom line is that the question is moot, because Humanistic Judaism and secular Judaism may be meaningful to the current "practitioners" but they have no method to transmit their systems to their children because implicit in their value system is an embrace of interfaith marriage. So they are doomed to extinction.
Why don't you think interfaith marriage partners can maintain the cultural aspects of one of the partners? If it's important enough to them, I'm sure they will transmit it to their children, no?
Frijoles wrote:
...Theologically, Judaism is 100% compatible with agnosticism, but not atheism -
I'm going to nitpick on terminology a bit. Agnosticism and Atheism are mutually exclusive terms. One is either an agnostic atheist or a gnostic atheist (as opposed to an agnostic theist or a gnostic theist). All atheists I've ever known (including the well known "new" atheists such as Hitchen, Dawkins, Harrison, Dennett) are all agnostic atheists, since they acknowledge that you can't definitively disprove God. It is a common misconception (and common source of strawman arguments) that those who self-identify as atheist are gnostic atheist. That is not the case.
Frijoles wrote:
What I dont get about the Jewish atheists and the Jewish humanists is that if they would actually learn more about the other Jewish denominations, they would find currents of ideology that are probably compatible with their value system. Jews have been discussing and debating these issues for 1000s of years.
Reading the comments section of that article, it appears that many atheist/humanist Jews have done just that.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#63932 Dec 10, 2013
WHERE DOES INDIVIDUAL EFFORT IN THE YOGA END?

1) Individual effort ends with the cosmic overmental planes (9th to 12th planes). Ascent no longer works if one wishes to exceed the overmental planes.

2) If the yogi wishes to rise to the planes exceeding the cosmic overmental, then individual effort cannot help. So, how does he rise beyond the overmental planes into the planes exceeding the overmental which are the supramental planes and even beyond? In such a case, the typal being of the plane has to descend and unite in consciousness-energy with the being of the yogi and lift his consciousness-energy field into the plane that the typal being of that plane presides over.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63933 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Him and Hugh are two who peed in the pod.
Is pod another name for your head? As I recall you were standing downstairs.

Much love, Mon.

Location hidden

#63934 Dec 10, 2013
GOD THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR OF THE COSMOS IS FICTION:

1) The ignorant believe that an almighty creator called God who has created the whole cosmos and who presides over it exists but laughably what these deluded believers call God or the Almighty Creator is simply a typal being of a certain cosmic plane that is the exclusive object of their worship.

2) Gods who're typal beings found on the various cosmic planes exist.

3) The absolute reality is a unified field of conscious-energy of which the cosmos, the Gods and cosmic phenomena are manifested aspects.

4) God as the Almighty Creator of the cosmos does not exist.

Location hidden

#63935 Dec 10, 2013
The absolute reality is not a being but a unified field of the subtlest state of consciousness, energy and matter.

Location hidden

#63936 Dec 10, 2013
A being is simply a formation of the manifested consciousness, energy and matter of the unified field.

Location hidden

#63937 Dec 10, 2013
The unified field eternally oscillates between a state of equilibrium (unmanifest state) to a state of non-equilibrium (manifest state).
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63938 Dec 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
If, as you say, God cannot be expressed in terms of consciousness- energy and matter that form a unified field, then, what is the typal nature of the God you worship?
What is the basal composition or the typal nature of the spiritual side of existence?
How does the spiritual side of existence causally connect with the cosmos that's a projection of the unified field of consciousness- energy and matter?
Provide very precise definitions backed with logical reasons and evidence and don't forget to explain the causal mechanisms.
Joel - Is God or G-d with his anthropopathic attributes and typal personality and possibly his incarnate form the ineffable unified absolute field of conscious-energy?

Hugh - God is not a field of conscious or unconscious energy.

Joel--If, as you say, God cannot be expressed in terms of consciousness- energy and matter that form a unified field, then, what is the typal nature of the God you worship?

Hugh--- In reading my words immediately above yours I see a disconnect between them and your understanding.

Joel---What is the basal composition or the typal nature of the spiritual side of existence?

HughBe--- Spirit

Joel---How does the spiritual side of existence causally connect with the cosmos that's a projection of the unified field of consciousness- energy and matter?

Hugh--- Unable to answer this question so you answer it , for me.

Location hidden

#63939 Dec 10, 2013
A subtle state of existence is one that exceeds the ken of senses, mind and lab instrumentation. The higher degrees of vibration that exceed those frequencies that inhere in 4-dimensional space-time defines such subtle states of cosmic existence.

Location hidden

#63940 Dec 10, 2013
Existence means the manifested state of the unified field, while non-existence would refer to the unmanifest state of the unified field. Non-existence does not mean a state of nothingness which most people take it to refer to. The word "nothing" is fictional.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63941 Dec 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP--The typal being that you worship as God would be labelled a demon by a person of another faith and so this kind of reasoning is futile and shallow.

Hugh--- noted.

Joel---By the way, on which supracosmic/cosmic plane are these typal beings (or the demons as you call them) located?

Hugh--- On earth and elsewhere.

Joel---What is the phenomena in action on that/those planes where these demons are found?

Hugh--- EVIL

Joel---On which plane is your God found? How do you know?

Hugh--- Highest plane. The bible tells me so.

Joel---What're the causal mechanisms on that plane and how would you describe the phenomena there?

Hugh--- God. Peace and love.

Location hidden

#63942 Dec 10, 2013
I wonder how conscious-energy field can ever be reduced to nothing and I also cannot ever imagine how conscious-energy field can be created from nothing.

Location hidden

#63943 Dec 10, 2013
HUGH,

1) What is the typal nature of this spirit?

2) How do you know that this spirit exists?

3) How does spirit causally connect with the unified field of consciousness-energy?

(smiles in advance)
Siddiqui

Southfield, MI

#63944 Dec 10, 2013
Big Spender wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel Limca ... you are a complete azzhole!
100 % correct analisys.

The guy is a retard.
All he does is he spams the board with all the crap poisoning the little brain he has.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#63945 Dec 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you think interfaith marriage partners can maintain the cultural aspects of one of the partners? If it's important enough to them, I'm sure they will transmit it to their children, no?
<quoted text>
In theory yes. But in practicality I really doubt it. There is little transmission going on in dedicated interfaith couples right now (i.e. between committed Jews and Christians), so I wouldnt think secular Jewish humanists would fare any better. If anything, it would be worse. I see all of this as a step towards assimilation.
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to nitpick on terminology a bit. Agnosticism and Atheism are mutually exclusive terms. One is either an agnostic atheist or a gnostic atheist (as opposed to an agnostic theist or a gnostic theist). All atheists I've ever known (including the well known "new" atheists such as Hitchen, Dawkins, Harrison, Dennett) are all agnostic atheists, since they acknowledge that you can't definitively disprove God. It is a common misconception (and common source of strawman arguments) that those who self-identify as atheist are gnostic atheist. That is not the case.
Well, if gnostic atheists are out of the picture, so to speak, then I would think Judaism is 100% compatible with the rest of the atheists. Especially the more traditional variants such as orthodoxy which stress behavior (mitzvot) over belief. But the point is that Jewish commentary and practice does not shy away from agnosticism or even questioning the basis for belief.

<quoted text>
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the comments section of that article, it appears that many atheist/humanist Jews have done just that.
Will read those and get back to you. I see this reinventing of the wheel on an everday basis. I for the life of me dont see the difference really between Reconstructionist Judaism and Reform Judaism - both of them are out to selectively renew certain traditions and willfully reject or ignore others. They have the same aim. But yet they have emerged as separate institutions. ANd then there is the matter of nonduality - a threat to anthromorphic and anthropopathic theism, but still a part of the normative tradition if one is lucky enough to be exposed to it before rejecting organized religion on the basis of theism.

Location hidden

#63946 Dec 10, 2013
FREQUENCY OF VIBRATION DETERMINES STATE OF EXISTENCE:

1) Frequency of vibration typifies the various strata of cosmic existence that arise from the unified field of conscious-energy in its state of manifestation.

2) The cosmic bliss planes represent a specific frequency of vibration of the unified conscious-energy field, the supramental planes work at a particular lower frequency of vibration of the unified field of conscious-energy, mind is simply one particular still lower frequency of vibration of this manifested unified field of conscious-energy, life is another albeit a lower frequency of the vibration of the unified field of conscious-energy, matter is the lowest frequency of vibration of the unified field of conscious-energy.

3) Only the advanced yogis know all the frequencies of vibration of the various planes of existence and how one can be fused or hybridized with the other(s).

Location hidden

#63947 Dec 10, 2013
The word spirit is another fictional term like the word nothing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63948 Dec 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP---What is meant by the term - ONE UNIFIED God?

Hugh--- I know that you know the meaning of ONE and so I shall move on to the next word.

I know that you know the meaning of UNIFIED as it is a word that you use frequently and so I shall move on to the last word.

I know that you know the meaning of God and so I shall ask, what the material are you asking?

Now, put all the meanings together.

Explain the UNIFIED FIELD that you speak of.

Location hidden

#63949 Dec 10, 2013
Good night. I'm going to the Sea Lounge in the Taj for a Coffee Viennoise.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63950 Dec 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus is PERFECT then shouldn't Jesus have manifested perfect knowledge of nature, being, self and phenomena which evidently he didn't and besides shouldn't a perfect Jesus have displayed perfect control over his opponents without saying a negative word and shouldn't Jesus have refrained from abusing/cursing his detractors and killing a fig tree and instead have won over his opponents to his side with the least effort and without using a single harsh word and shouldn't a perfect being like Jesus solved all the numerous problems plaguing humankind and regenerated the unregenerate earth plane and shouldn't a perfect Jesus manifested physical immortality and perfect invincibility during his earthly avatar?
Understand, all that Jesus did underscores His perfection in righteousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,100,198
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min wojar 177,380
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min 40ish 4,667
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 1 hr Madison Taylor Ho... 744
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,369
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 1 hr Preacher 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr BoDidHe 49,477
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Sublime1 97,932
Amy 8-29 7 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••