Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72025 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#63894 Dec 10, 2013
Hugh,

I hope you sincerely answer all my questions and make appropriate responses of a serious intellectual kind.

I don't want to read funny or sarcastic answers.

If you have no answer to a specific question or statement, just say so instead of beating around the bush.

I am here for serious debate and not to kill time nor to target detractors nor to incite my pals to mock you nor to indulge in rigid thinking that borders on fanaticism.

Thank you.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63895 Dec 10, 2013
I am going out for dinner to Soam. Will be back in an hour or so. Bye.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63896 Dec 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
PS - Don't let Hughbe jump in until he's answered our question.
How infantile on your part to say so, retard.

Anyone is free to comment on anything and communication lines should always be open to anyone, even to your worst critics.

Evidently, your mom was an unintelligent whore and so you have this cheap bargaining nature.

Grow up and employ the little intelligence that you have in a truly constructive manner.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63897 Dec 10, 2013
Bye, later.

Since: Dec 13

Itasca, IL

#63898 Dec 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
How infantile on your part to say so, retard.
Anyone is free to comment on anything and communication lines should always be open to anyone, even to your worst critics.
Evidently, your mom was an unintelligent whore and so you have this cheap bargaining nature.
Grow up and employ the little intelligence that you have in a truly constructive manner.
and, anyone can decline to respond when someone comments. That is what COR is referring to. Hugh and you are going to have fun communicating w/ each other. Hugh has now engaged in a mutual admiration society with the Muslims on Allah thread. But he might not get further responses on here.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63899 Dec 10, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>

and, anyone can decline to respond when someone comments. That is what COR is referring to.
This is what that retard COR typed in the context:

"Don't let Hughbe jump in until he's answered our question."

Even if Hugh has failed to answer the question on Jesus' lineage which is obviously not important since the entire Bible (Tanach + NT) sucks being works of barbarians and what with David being an evil pervert and poor Jesus a lunatic, yet Hugh should be permitted to have his say on any topic online without being targeted by a bunch of retards.

So, the retard COR was indulging in that uncouth habit of shunning a poster (Hugh) on a most flimsy reason and of crudely inciting others to follow his example of preventing Hugh from taking part in the specific debate.

An averagely intelligent poster with some fair-mindedness and a modicum of class would keep the doors of communication open to anyone where a debate is concerned and such a poster would certainly not provoke other posters to shun Hugh. This is very crass behavior.

What better to expect from a retard like COR who is not only not intelligent but has no class.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63900 Dec 10, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>

Hugh and you are going to have fun communicating with each other.
I have fun communicating with everyone.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#63901 Dec 10, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
Frijoles - interesting article on secular Jews and the Jewish label.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
PS - Don't let Hughbe jump in until he's answered our question.
It is an interesting issue.

Bottom line is that the question is moot, because Humanistic Judaism and secular Judaism may be meaningful to the current "practitioners" but they have no method to transmit their systems to their children because implicit in their value system is an embrace of interfaith marriage. So they are doomed to extinction.

That said, I surely see more things in the Jewish label than just the religion. It is an ethnic identity too (provided it is maintained as so). But theologically, I dont care how humanistic you are in your core beliefs, there is no way you can surgically extract the culture of the religion from the rest of the system.

Theologically, Judaism is 100% compatible with agnosticism, but not atheism - unless you probe deeper into pantheism, panentheism, and other related non dual approaches, which do have a beachhead in the religion as well.

What I dont get about the Jewish atheists and the Jewish humanists is that if they would actually learn more about the other Jewish denominations, they would find currents of ideology that are probably compatible with their value system. Jews have been discussing and debating these issues for 1000s of years.

Itasca, IL

#63903 Dec 10, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I have fun communicating with everyone.
We are having fun with Hugh by not communicating with him.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#63904 Dec 10, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>We are having fun with Hugh by not communicating with him.
Aint that the truth!

Itasca, IL

#63905 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Aint that the truth!
I believe the Christian word is "shunning".

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63906 Dec 10, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>

We are having fun with Hugh by not communicating with him.
Only brain-dead perverts and satanists like you behave in that crude manner.

Anyway, do as you please.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63907 Dec 10, 2013
Linking Judaism with a practice or a philosophy that's as refined as non-dualism is like equating dregs with gold. LMAO.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63908 Dec 10, 2013
Where's is Hugh? Is he in bed with dear Jesus? LOL.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63909 Dec 10, 2013
HUGH,

Come online.

Dump ugly Jesus.

The extra-handsome Joel is here, waiting for you.

Come online, hon.

(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63910 Dec 10, 2013
Nondualism is the union in consciousness-energy of the subject with the object and can take place on any plane and with the absolute itself.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63911 Dec 10, 2013
The ultimate aim is to get into a greater and an even greater union in consciousness-energy with every plane of the cosmic and supracosmic realms and with their source which is the absolute field itself and to bring down all the consciousness and energy of the higher states and of the absolute itself into the body to perfect it in an absolute way.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63912 Dec 10, 2013
I think the highest state of the union of the subject with the object on any plane or with the absolute field itself is not perfect nondualism but a kind of dualo-nondualism since the individuality is not fully subsumed into the typal essence of the higher planes or of the absolute field except in the sense of a loose mergence of the subject with the object with full retention of the individual consciousness of the entire process.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63913 Dec 10, 2013
THE STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE UNION OF THE SUBJECT WITH RESPECT TO THE OBJECT:

1) Dualism

2) Qualified non-dualism

3) Dualo-nondualism

4) Nondualism

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63914 Dec 10, 2013
PERFECT NONDUALISM & INDIVIDUALITY:

1) Perfect nondualism can only be achieved by an individual consciousness with the whole range of aspects of its own system through the process of unification of its scattered planes and parts of being, whereas perfect nondualism can not be achieved by an individual consciousness with the consciousness of another entity since they represent individual lines of consciousness put forth by the absolute field in the manifestation.

2) Each line of consciousness projected by the absolute field is whole in a holistic sense but there exists a slender separation among the various individual lines of consciousness put forth on account of the evolutionary processes that individual lines of consciousness undergo over myriad cycles of existence and this then leaves a distinct stamp on the nature of the individual which is hard to completely and permanently obliterate and so there would logically speaking exist differences among the various entities with each entity personifying an individual line of consciousness.

3) Thus, perfect oneness in a purely nondual sense between entities would be hard if not impossible to achieve so long as the cosmos exists.

4) Once the cosmos is dissolved into a uniform field in which every trace of individuality of the various lines of consciousness disappears then this would as a consequence result in perfect nondualism of everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Patriot AKA Bozo 58,797
Ask Amy 4-30-16 56 min Sublime1 3
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Homer 5,981
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Orleans 213,050
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,455
Probably the 5 best sentenses you'll ever read. 3 hr STAR R FascistTHUGS 12
The USA has the SUPER RICHEST..................... 3 hr Tami Tell Me True 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages