Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
57,181 - 57,200 of 68,861 Comments Last updated 54 min ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
I'll make it even easier for you Hughbe. Here it is.
<quoted text>
I find the logic of your list beyond my ability to comprehend how can any sane person come up with such F...ries
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Virgin, have you lost it?
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe---- So in your mind "Israelites (being) a subset of Hebrews" means that Israelites were NOT called Hebrews. Yet they are a subset.
In like manner "Jews (being) a subset of Israelites" means that Jews were not once called Israelites. Yet they are a subset.
Explain your private definition of the word subset.
Hugh, Hebrews are not a subset of Jews. It's the opposite. We spoke of Moses. Moses was not a Jew. He was a Hebrew because he is a descendant of Abraham. He is an Israelite because he is a descendant of Jacob. He is a Levite because he is the descendant of Levi.

As to Hebrews, consider this:

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, HaShem appeared to Abram, and said unto him:'I am G-d Almighty; walk before Me, and be thou wholehearted.
And I will make My covenant between Me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.'
And Abram fell on his face; and G-d talked with him, saying:

'As for Me, behold, My covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be the father of a multitude of nations.
Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for the father of a multitude of nations have I made thee.
And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

And I will establish My covenant between Me and thee and thy seed after thee throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a G-d unto thee and to thy seed after thee.
And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land of thy sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their G-d.'
And G-d said unto Abraham:'And as for thee, thou shalt keep My covenant, thou, and thy seed after thee throughout their generations.
This is My covenant, which ye shall keep, between Me and you and thy seed after thee: every male among you shall be circumcised.
And ye shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of a covenant betwixt Me and you.
And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every male throughout your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner, that is not of thy seed.
He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised; and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
And the uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken My covenant.'

Do you see anything in there that limited the covenant to Issac and his progeny? Because of the covenant all were circumcised.

Or, if you want to limit the covenant to Issac, what of Esau? Is not Esau a descendant of Abraham and Issac?

Go study your Venn diagrams.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

HughBe---- So in your mind "Israelites (being) a subset of Hebrews" means that Israelites were NOT called Hebrews. Yet they are a subset.

In like manner "Jews (being) a subset of Israelites" means that Jews were not once called Israelites. Yet they are a subset.

Eric----Hugh, Hebrews are not a subset of Jews.It's the opposite.

HughBe---- I NEVER said that Hebrews are a subset of Jews. My words are above and I shall be kind to you and say that you have heard the word subset but you have no understanding of its meaning. In addition, I shall extend my kindness and say that you are confused hence the BS that you have written.

Go back and STUDY my words above.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Messiah and you know not that you know not. Great peace has he who loves TRUTH. I am at peace.
When Jesus comes back in spirit form on the Mount of Olives, I will believe it. Until then Jesus is Lucifer. He is the one who has deceived the entire world and was sent by Satan (Adam).
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When Jesus comes back in spirit form on the Mount of Olives, I will believe it. Until then Jesus is Lucifer. He is the one who has deceived the entire world and was sent by Satan (Adam).
I am confident that your boldness is based on your study and understanding of His teachings.

Eric

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Eric----Hugh, Hebrews are not a subset of Jews.It's the opposite.
HughBe---- I NEVER said that Hebrews are a subset of Jews. My words are above and I shall be kind to you and say that you have heard the word subset but you have no understanding of its meaning. In addition, I shall extend my kindness and say that you are confused hence the BS that you have written.
Go back and STUDY my words above.
No, Hugh, like normal you have everything backasswards.

What is a subset in Venn diagrams? Pictorially, if you have two concentric circles, one totally within the other, the inner circle is the subset of the outer circle.

In our example you would have 3 concentric circles. Working from the out inward, the outer circle are Hebrews. The next concentric circle are Israelites. The inner circle are Jews. The outer circle includes all descendants of Abraham--the Hebrews. The space between the outer circle and the next circle are those who are not also descendants of Jacob.

The next circle includes all those who are descendants of Jacob--the Israelites. The space between the second circle and the third circle are those who are descendants of Jacob but not descendants of his son, Judah. Moses falls in this space because he is a descendant of Jacob's son Levi.

The final circle are the Jews. They are descendants of Judah, son of Jacob.

If this link works, there will be pictures of subsets in Venn diagrams at the top: https://www.google.com/search...

Oh, and Hugh, no one was called a Jew during the time of Moses.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am confident that your boldness is based on your study and understanding of His teachings.
My boldness is due to the vision of my own death that I had 30 years ago. I am absolutely confident that I am going to heaven no matter what and am "made without fear" Job 41:33. Otherwise, I would be more of an agnostic. The vision was just like NDE.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Yoshy, meet Susan Blange. I think she likes movies, walks in the park, and cats.
Cats! Lots and lots of CATS!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the logic of your list beyond my ability to comprehend how can any sane person come up with such F...ries
Now you personally insulting all that actually read the bible?

you are not doing very well today.

Prove, using the bible, that Jesus has descended from David.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no thank you! i abstain from meetings with idolaters.
But she is not ANY idolater.
Eric

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you personally insulting all that actually read the bible?
you are not doing very well today.
Prove, using the bible, that Jesus has descended from David.
It's called that he didn't think through his theory and now he is caught with his genitals in the fire.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no thank you! i abstain from meetings with idolaters. this is as close as i get, to meeting any of you. this is all happening the way, The G-D of TheTorah says. it is not happening the way, your mental only free will says.
TheG-D of Only TheTorah, does not ever lie about only giving TheTorah. the destinies of the enemies of G-D, are already sealed without their repent.
G-D shall not change this story, without a lot of not here in TheTorah repentance truly going on. all the not here in TheTorah liars, won't convince G-D to change anything. we are all here in TheTorah, HaShem G-D is still giving to the end of the sixth day. and you shall not bear, false witness to G-D or anyone about this.
Do you even know what idolatry is? You're the one who is a Christian! But you're too blind to see.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Cats! Lots and lots of CATS!
One of my cats was a prophecy. An animal that's rare but common, wandered from the north, is white and gray in color, female and barren, has blue eyes and whose name started out as Charlie, then to Barley, Barleycorn, Corn and Cornus which stuck. We were also supposed to get separated and she would go to heaven. That was my cat, she was a bluepoint Himalayan or so I was told.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But she is not ANY idolater.
rabbee: sorry you do not get elected, or elected by yourself as HaMosheeach. it is by appointment of G-D only.

and you forgot the just, in front of the "ANY".

as we already know who the united states, elected as their false witness and/or high priest and/or messiah. as you have all so, totally not impressed G-D with your idolatrous antiG-D choices. and you cannot even tell, if he is shiite or sunni. cause he most defiantly is not, an anointed-like christian.

and they said and did, nothing but wicked and evil in THE EYES of G-D.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Okay, now I think the crazies are just frakking with me.

It is statistically impossible to have this many bat-shite crazy loons in such a small demographic.

I wonder if, at one point, the monkeys all decided to start throwing feces just to see the look on our faces?

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even know what idolatry is? You're the one who is a Christian! But you're too blind to see.
rabbee: sorry you lied again, i am not a christian.
i am not a jew, christian, muslim or other kind of pagan atheist. i believe in G-D, here in TheTorah still. i am not one with any of you religiously. i am One with G-D, here and now in TheTorah.

those who all reject G-D, here and now in TheTorah are all idolaters. you are among all those billions of nobodies here in TheTorah, following the subtle beasts of the not here in TheTorah fields.

and i have had three actual, contact encounters with G-D. that says i am most likely the front runner, for HaMosheeach in The Our Image of G-D on earth for the last day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called that he didn't think through his theory and now he is caught with his genitals in the fire.
I am not sure I approve of the image of this.

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

the tortoise does not have to run that fast, as long as he gets there with G-D ahead of you. especially in this world all running in the wrong direction, towards the subtle beast of the fields.

and i am about as prepared for or expecting this, as Moshe wasn't either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
Okay, now I think the crazies are just frakking with me.
It is statistically impossible to have this many bat-shite crazy loons in such a small demographic.
I have been been wondering along these lines for quite some time.

It is kind of funny that the only real sane people here are the Jews and one atheist. I miss our other agnostic friend - FR.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE