Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63021 Nov 19, 2013
bye
Eric

Batavia, IL

#63022 Nov 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus on your lesson. Leave Jesus to me.
Absolutely not. The same rules apply to Jesus being a Jew as apply to you being a Jew. You say that you aren't a Jew because your father wasn't a Jew. Therefore, Jesus as described in the New Testament was not a Jew because his father, as set forth in the New Testament, is not a Jew.

Consistency, Hugh, consistency.

Jesus was a Jew because his mother was a Jew.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#63023 Nov 19, 2013
I am highly impressed with Japan and Germany. Kudos.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63024 Nov 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

As long as the women remain NORMAL I am comfortable with such a scenario.
But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63025 Nov 19, 2013
Good night.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63026 Nov 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not. The same rules apply to Jesus being a Jew as apply to you being a Jew. You say that you aren't a Jew because your father wasn't a Jew. Therefore, Jesus as described in the New Testament was not a Jew because his father, as set forth in the New Testament, is not a Jew.
More details regarding this perspective...

Genealogy
He [Jesus] was not descended from the House of David. According to Jewish law, tribal identification comes from the father's side, being Jewish, from the mother's side. According to Matthew 1, Joseph was descended from David (Although there are many contradictions between his genealogy there and that listed in Luke, however according to the same text, Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary, therefore Jesus was not related to Joseph, and not a descendant of King David.

Three answers to this problem are given in classic Christian sources:

The genealogy is that of Mary - This is inadequate, since if he is claimed to be the Jewish messiah, and according to Jewish tradition he must be descended on his father's side, Mary's genealogy is irrelevant.
He was adopted by Joseph -According to Jewish law, adoption does not change the status of the child. If an Israelite is adopted by a Cohen,(A descendant of Aaron the High Priest), the child does not become a Cohen, likewise if a descendant of David, adopts someone who is not, he does not become of the tribe of Judah and a descendant of David.
It doesn't matter, he was a spiritual inheritor of King David - If it doesn't matter, why do Christian scriptures spend time establishing his genealogical pedigree? And if he is claimed to be the Jewish messiah, then according to Jewish tradition it does matter!

http://ohr.edu/ask/ask00j.htm#Q1.A2
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63027 Nov 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not. The same rules apply to Jesus being a Jew as apply to you being a Jew. You say that you aren't a Jew because your father wasn't a Jew. Therefore, Jesus as described in the New Testament was not a Jew because his father, as set forth in the New Testament, is not a Jew.
As usual you have been successful in deceiving your own self. Your sideshow is just that. The lesson that I instructed you in stands.

Given that you feel that you have a point in relation to my Jesus then cleave to your point. I am comfortable with my Jesus.

Also you need to realize your folly i.e. you have introduced Jesus into an equation that prior to His introduction the equation stretched your mental capacity to its maximum and yet you could not understand. So why add more to jackass back?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63028 Nov 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?
Hugh---As long as the women remain NORMAL I am comfortable with such a scenario.

Joel---But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?

Hugh--- Yes, but not sexually.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63029 Nov 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?

Hugh--- Yes, but not sexually.
Sexually.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63030 Nov 19, 2013
Surprisingly, nondualism finds a prominent place in the NT.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63031 Nov 19, 2013
The nondualism in the NT is a union in consciousness of the subject with the object on the plane of the vital consciousness and it goes no further since Jesus' reach extended merely to the vital and not to the planes exceeding the vital. Nevertheless, the fact that the highest teaching of nondualism finds mention in the NT indicates that its teachings/practices are a marked improvement over crude dualistic teachings that automatically lead to a violation in the laws of causation giving rise thereby to the absurdities called creationism and the extra-cosmic God before whom devotees perpetually cower in fear and submission.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63032 Nov 19, 2013
Science advocates a physical nondualism, while mysticism promotes a nondualism involving a union of energy, matter and consciousness - the broadest possible unification.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63033 Nov 19, 2013
Unity in variety is the natural law.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63034 Nov 19, 2013
Unification is the fundamental theme in existence as indicated by the theories of science and by the experiences of the mystic.
Eric

Batavia, IL

#63035 Nov 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you have been successful in deceiving your own self. Your sideshow is just that. The lesson that I instructed you in stands.
Given that you feel that you have a point in relation to my Jesus then cleave to your point. I am comfortable with my Jesus.
Also you need to realize your folly i.e. you have introduced Jesus into an equation that prior to His introduction the equation stretched your mental capacity to its maximum and yet you could not understand. So why add more to jackass back?
Don't go away mad Hugh. Just go away. Oh, don't let the door hit you in the backassward as you leave.
Eric

Batavia, IL

#63036 Nov 19, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
More details regarding this perspective...
Genealogy
He [Jesus] was not descended from the House of David. According to Jewish law, tribal identification comes from the father's side, being Jewish, from the mother's side. According to Matthew 1, Joseph was descended from David (Although there are many contradictions between his genealogy there and that listed in Luke, however according to the same text, Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary, therefore Jesus was not related to Joseph, and not a descendant of King David.
Three answers to this problem are given in classic Christian sources:
The genealogy is that of Mary - This is inadequate, since if he is claimed to be the Jewish messiah, and according to Jewish tradition he must be descended on his father's side, Mary's genealogy is irrelevant.
He was adopted by Joseph -According to Jewish law, adoption does not change the status of the child. If an Israelite is adopted by a Cohen,(A descendant of Aaron the High Priest), the child does not become a Cohen, likewise if a descendant of David, adopts someone who is not, he does not become of the tribe of Judah and a descendant of David.
It doesn't matter, he was a spiritual inheritor of King David - If it doesn't matter, why do Christian scriptures spend time establishing his genealogical pedigree? And if he is claimed to be the Jewish messiah, then according to Jewish tradition it does matter!
http://ohr.edu/ask/ask00j.htm#Q1.A2
Hey, you're preaching to the choir. I understand well. It's a point that Jews often espouse when explaining why Jesus is not the Messiah. Hugh will never accept the inconsistency in his positions.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63037 Nov 19, 2013
Unification indicates not only a fundamental unity of all existence but it also paves the way for the most moral behavior and opens up an understanding that sees the incarnation of typal principles, transmutation of one type into another, emergence, evolution, causation, conservation, eternal cycles of manifestation and dissolution and psychic phenomena as natural outcomes. Unification does away with the fear and illogic of the extra-cosmic God, creation from nothing, wars, hatred, the need for diabolic blood sacrifices, racism and petty tribalism.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63038 Nov 19, 2013
Where the fundamental theme of unification is concerned, scientists are mystics are in agreement.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#63039 Nov 19, 2013
typo

scientists AND mystics are in agreement.
nosy

Bergisch Gladbach, Germany

#63040 Nov 19, 2013
As much as I know Rome was not the first to make christianity an "official" religion. Aksum did this about 50 years earlier.
And I think some other orthodox-churches were even earlier than Aksum...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,420,219
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Actual Science 61,082
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 34 min Raydot 1,948
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 222,775
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 6,698
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr PEllen 9,394
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 3,048

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages