Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,387
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61936 Nov 4, 2013
HUGH,

How do you reconcile these three - the teachings of the Tanach, the teachings of the NT and the discoveries of science?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61937 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
How would derive square root 2 = 1.414? Show the Math.
In your answer to the question on polar co-ordinates, which set of equations did you use to come up with the answer of square root 2 which is not correct.
I worked out the polar co-ordinate solution, converted from rect co-ordinates to polar form and used the llgm law of vector addition and in each case the answer did not work out to square root 2 nor 45 degree.
Provide me with the set of equations that you used in arriving at the answer of sq root 2.
When will you show me the answer to my previous question which is as follows?
1i x 1v = 1 amp-volt (watt).
When will solve this question? I have asked you to do so, before.
Can you mathematically prove that 1 watt = 1 kg-m^2/s^3?\
Show me all the working steps.
(smiles)
rabbee: use! the graph paper joel. or simply plug 2 into a calculator, and hit the square root button. the square root of 2, is common knowledge in math.

if you do not even know what, the square root of 2 is. there is no point in even arguing, any math with you.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61938 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
From the equation Z = x + jy,
Vt =((horizontal component)^2 +(vertical component)^2)^1/2
horizontal component = x,
vertical component = jy
theta = angle made by resultant, Vt, with horizontal component
Vt =((x)^2 +(jy)^2)^1/2 =(x^2 - y^2)
If x = y,
Vt = 0
LOL
rabbee: i am not going to argue with an intellectual imbecile, who does not know what the square root of 2 is. you can defend your being wrong all you want. but the square root of 2, has always been 1.414 approximately.

Location hidden

#61939 Nov 4, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: use! the graph paper joel. or simply plug 2 into a calculator, and hit the square root button. the square root of 2, is common knowledge in math.

if you do not even know what, the square root of 2 is. there is no point in even arguing, any math with you.
I have shown you all the calculations to your question on polar co-ordinates using various approaches and none matched your arbitrary answers. LOL.

Anyway, leave aside the use of a calculator to find the value of square root 2 - any retard can use a calculator and come up with the answer.

How would you calculate the value of square root 2 up to 3 dp without using a calculator?

(smiles)

Location hidden

#61940 Nov 4, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: i am not going to argue with an intellectual imbecile, who does not know what the square root of 2 is. you can defend your being wrong all you want. but the square root of 2, has always been 1.414 approximately.
Anyway, leave aside the use of a calculator to find the value of square root 2 - any retard can use a calculator and come up with the answer.

How would you calculate the value of square root 2 up to 3 dp without using a calculator?

(smiles)
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61942 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shown you all the calculations to your question on polar co-ordinates using various approaches and none matched your arbitrary answers. LOL.
(smiles)
rabbee: your the one, who needs to figure out what the square root of 2 is not me. heck i have known the square root of two, since before the fifth grade.

and i was smart enough to know, that you calculated, the length of the hypotenuse not the length of the vector. cause you used, the wrong equation. use the graph paper, joel. i am sure you can find, where 1x and 1y intersect to measure the 45* vector length. and you can't end up with a number, greater than the two values, no matter what the degree value is. and the square root, is always going to be less than the two added squared values. in fact if you multiply the added values, by 0.707 you'll get the correct vt value. and what a surprise, if you multiply 2 by 0.707 you get 1.414. in fact try it with 10x + 5y = vt x 0.707 , 15 x 0.707 = 10.605. and have you not noticed, that 0.707 is the reciprocal of 1.414? 1.414 and 0.707 are extremely important values in electronics.
Voluntarist

United States

#61943 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So after all this homophobia, we FINALLY found a population of human beings that you feel moved to stand up for? "SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods?" Oh, the indignity!
But lets call a spade a spade.
The only reason you are pursuing this point is that you (as you admitted in the next few lines) believe only your notion of the bible is correct and that us JEWS are not eligible for our own spiritual inheritance. Well, my boy, that view is right out of the evangelical playbook.
You used the word spade you racist tea bagger.
david wise- molehunt

Bradenton, FL

#61944 Nov 4, 2013
Slow Dance Chubby wrote:
That's funny, when the faithful try to get me in the Mitzvah van I say, "no thanks", and keep walking.
It's happened a few times and I'm not even Jewish.
Was I being oppressed?
..........the zionist fifth column wants to kidnap freethinkers , to prevent Americans from opposing endless wars for the Jonathan Pollard / Bernie Madoff/ Charles Schumer fifth column..........Judaism is an ancient religion,,,,,,,,,,zionism is a recent racist cult of hateful Ashkenazi who target Sephardic chews and OATH KEEPERS.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61945 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
(smiles)
rabbee: do you have any idea how long it has been, since i have done the square root division of 2. 00 00 00 knowing the first perfect square less than two is one. and subtract the 1 from the 1 to get 1 00, and the next perfect sqare and adding the one to the end of two to get 21 which gives a result of 4 resulting in so far 1.4 well screw all that. when i can multiply 2 x 0.707 = 1.414

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61946 Nov 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You used the word spade you racist tea bagger.
nothing wrong with the word spade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_call_a_spade_...

Its ultimate source is Plutarch's Apophthegmata Laconica (178B) which has &#964;&#951;&#957; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#955;&#949;&#947; &#959;&#957;&#964; &#945;&#962; (ten skafen skafen legontas). &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951; (skafe) means "basin, trough", but Erasmus mis-translated it (as if from &#963;&#960;&#940; &#952;&#951; spáthe) as ligo "shovel" in his Apophthegmatum opus. Lucian De Hist. Conscr.(41) has &#964;&#945; &#963;&#965;&#954; &#945; &#963;&#965;&#954; &#945;, &#964;&#951;&#957; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#948;&#949; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#959;&#957;&#959; &#956;&#945;&#963; &#969;&#957; (ta suka suka, ten skafen de skafen onomason) "calling a fig a fig, and a trough a trough".

The phrase was introduced to English in 1542 in Nicolas Udall's translation of Erasmus, Apophthegmes, that is to saie, prompte saiynges. First gathered by Erasmus:

Philippus aunswered, that the Macedonians wer feloes of no fyne witte in their termes but altogether grosse, clubbyshe, and rusticall, as they whiche had not the witte to calle a spade by any other name then a spade.
It is evident that the word spade refers to the instrument used to move earth, a very common tool. The same word was used in England, Denmark, and in the Netherlands, Erasmus' country of origin.

The Oxford English Dictionary records a more forceful variant, "to call a spade a bloody shovel", attested since 1919.

The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur against African Americans, which was not recorded until 1928; however, in contemporary U.S. society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the slur[3] and/or confusion with playing card references such as "black as the ace of spades".

Location hidden

#61947 Nov 4, 2013
david wise- molehunt wrote:
<quoted text>..........the zionist fifth column wants to kidnap freethinkers , to prevent Americans from opposing endless wars for the Jonathan Pollard / Bernie Madoff/ Charles Schumer fifth column..........Judaism is an ancient religion,,,,,,,,,,zionism is a recent racist cult of hateful Ashkenazi who target Sephardic chews and OATH KEEPERS.
geez- someone needs a lithium fix today
Voluntarist

United States

#61949 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing wrong with the word spade.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_call_a_spade_...
Its ultimate source is Plutarch's Apophthegmata Laconica (178B) which has &#964;&#951;&#957; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#955;&#949;&#947; &#959;&#957;&#964; &#945;&#962; (ten skafen skafen legontas). &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951; (skafe) means "basin, trough", but Erasmus mis-translated it (as if from &#963;&#960;&#940; &#952;&#951; spáthe) as ligo "shovel" in his Apophthegmatum opus. Lucian De Hist. Conscr.(41) has &#964;&#945; &#963;&#965;&#954; &#945; &#963;&#965;&#954; &#945;, &#964;&#951;&#957; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#948;&#949; &#963;&#954;&#945; &#966;&#951;&#957; &#959;&#957;&#959; &#956;&#945;&#963; &#969;&#957; (ta suka suka, ten skafen de skafen onomason) "calling a fig a fig, and a trough a trough".
The phrase was introduced to English in 1542 in Nicolas Udall's translation of Erasmus, Apophthegmes, that is to saie, prompte saiynges. First gathered by Erasmus:
Philippus aunswered, that the Macedonians wer feloes of no fyne witte in their termes but altogether grosse, clubbyshe, and rusticall, as they whiche had not the witte to calle a spade by any other name then a spade.
It is evident that the word spade refers to the instrument used to move earth, a very common tool. The same word was used in England, Denmark, and in the Netherlands, Erasmus' country of origin.
The Oxford English Dictionary records a more forceful variant, "to call a spade a bloody shovel", attested since 1919.
The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur against African Americans, which was not recorded until 1928; however, in contemporary U.S. society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the slur[3] and/or confusion with playing card references such as "black as the ace of spades".
Nothing wrong with an rebel flag either.

Location hidden

#61950 Nov 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Doofus - origins are everything

If you are going to try to be logical, at least be logical

Location hidden

#61951 Nov 4, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of
"however, in contemporary U.S. society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the slur[3] and/or confusion with playing card references such as "black as the ace of spades"." ...did you fail to understand?

was it the "potential" qualifier or the poker reference?

If the cliche was ACTUALLY racist the wording would of been "is often avoided due to its use as a racial slur"

Rebel flag, on the other hand.....in every context other than 1865...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#61952 Nov 4, 2013
HughBe---The concept of non-observant Jew is actually very INSULTING. It suggests that a Jew cannot choose to belong to other RELIGIONS outside of Judaism.

Frijoles---The only PEOPLE that term seems to insult is you. And you are not Jewish, by your own identification. SO I fail to see what your issue is.

HughBe--- I am not PEOPLE. Also, once again as is your manner you speak on behalf of ALL Jews. Who authorized you to do so? Is it God or is it at a meeting of ALL Jews?

Do you speak for Jews who are Christians?

Do you speak for Jews who are Muslims?

Do you speak for Jews who have rejected religion because they are fed up with LYING creatures like you?

Frijoles---Everyone else seems to be confortable with boundaries, as complex as they are.

HughBe--- My boy, you and your masters cannot write boundaries for intelligent people. YOU plural lack capacity.

Frijoles--- Actually, the boundaries are not that complex if you would finally admit what everyone else is saying, that Jewishness is an ethno-religious concept.

HughBe--- Am I a LIAR and or a FOOL like YOU and all else who say such a thing? NO.

I know that it takes a high level of repetition before you begin to grasp a NEW and or TRUTHFUL FACT. So here I go again.

1.It is a historical FACT that there is no group of persons on earth whose ancient ancestors did not have some RELIGIOUS beliefs. So if you want to attribute religiosity to Jews who have rejected the concept of god in their lifetime or for more than one generations go ahead but YOU must also do the SAME for every GROUP on earth.

I fear that this TRUTH will go over your head. Go back and reread it.

2. For argument sake ONLY, I am wrong in point 1. YOU identify one ancient group of persons who did not believe in a god or gods 4000 years ago. Do the same for 3000 years etc and come down to even 70 years ago.

Are the Egyptians ethno-religious? If not explain.

Getting it? Of course NOT. Here is help. Every RACE could be called ethno-religious based on HISTORY. However, the RELIGION of every RACE is NOT Judaism.

Why do you and your masters DISRESPECT the religions of everybody else in the world?

How? YOU do so by NOT wanting to acknowledge that all other peoples of the world have ancient religious beliefs and gods. If this is so the ethno-religious is not a unique concept. It really does not take more than the lower level of average intelligence to get the idea.

3. Since you want to talk about Jews a RACE when my focus is on RELIGION then I shall make this comment. Based on FACTS of history, Jews are ethno-religious just like Hindus, British (white and Christian), Jamaican, Native American Indians etc.

Reread my words that YOU responded to and NOTE the RELIGIOUS focus. Here they are for you. "The concept of non-observant Jew is actually very INSULTING. It suggests that a Jew cannot choose to belong to other RELIGIONS outside of Judaism"

Frijoles---For those people of Jewish ethnicity, who no longer practice Judaism, whether they are practicing Christians or atheists, and choose not to identify with the ethnicity, than simply put, they are no longer Jews, except perhaps to the bean counters (assuming their Moms were Jewish).

HughBe--- EVIL LYING serpent. I believe that this EVIL against the Jewish people should be taken to the International Criminal Court for CRIMES against humanity. YOU and your masters are guilty of RELIGIOUS persecution of Jews and CRUEL acts against the Jewish people.

EVERYBODY in the world knows that Jews are a RACE. The emphasis on genealogy as is evidenced in the Tanakh speaks to RACE. Let me explain, it tells who the father, the grand-father etc are and this can NEVER be changed.

In my opinion, someone would have to have the mind of a CRIMINAL for him to seek to strip the Jewish people of their identity. Neither you nor your masters can REVERSE the GENEALOGICAL and BIOLOGY facts of HISTORY.

You are CORRUPT and EVIL, in my opinion.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61953 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
geez- someone needs a lithium fix today
rabbee: lithium does not, keep people from lying. it only changes their mood, when they lie. it just returns any one, to the right calcium flow. unless you give them too much, then it acts like cheap speed. in fact i have a few kilos, of lithium nitrate, lithium perchlorate, lithium chloride, lithium iodide, lithium bromide, and lithium carbonate, and other various lithium salts and some metallic lithium also.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#61954 Nov 4, 2013
Post 61924 page 2792

HughBe---Judaism seeks to engraft the SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods. This is a point that I have debated many times and have sought to expose the FOLLY and DECEPTION of the doctrine.

Frijoles---So after all this homophobia, we FINALLY found a population of human beings that you feel moved to stand up for? "SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods?" Oh, the indignity!

HughBe--- Go play with your husband and tell him that you love him.

Frijoles---But lets call a spade a spade.

HughBe--- Your RACISM is noted. However, I am not an African American. That aside, by now YOU should have learnt that in my most depraved moment I am SUPERIOR to you in CHARACTER even when you are at your very BEST.

You are clearly not my match intellectually and otherwise including the tiny joke between your legs.

Frijoles---The only reason you are pursuing this point is that you (as you ADMITTED in the next few lines) believe only your notion of the bible is correct and that us JEWS are not eligible for our own spiritual inheritance.

HughBe--- You are TRULY a worthless LYING piece of TRASH. My 2 posts about secular Jews are below and there is no such thing in them. Again you have PROVEN the EVILS of Judaism. It is EVIL.

YOU are a PSYCHOTIC CRIMINAL.
----------

Post 61846 page 2788

JOEL THUMBS UP --Because it's so sensational.
Secular and liberal Jews have nothing to do with such nonsense or with all the mumbo jumbo scriptural teachings and mindless practices.

HughBe---I am FULLY aware of what you have said and I have NEVER grouped them with Judahites. They are NORMAL people going about their everyday business seeking to enjoy this life.

Judaism seeks to engraft the SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods. This is a point that I have debated many times and have sought to expose the FOLLY and DECEPTION of the doctrine.

Understand this, there is NOT one race on this earth who has ancestors that have not worshipped some god. Ancestors include ancient or modern ones.

The race of people called Jews is no exception. The point that I am making is that when a person rejects RELIGION s/he cannot be RELIGIOUS and this is for anybody.

----------

Post 61918 page 2791

HughBe---Judaism seeks to engraft the SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods. This is a point that I have debated many times and have sought to expose the FOLLY and DECEPTION of the doctrine.

Frijoles-------But secularism is not a religion, so unless you can posit a replacement religion, then Judaism is their religion, when they identify as so. The ones that reject Judaism are a different story. They are ethnically Jewish only.

HughBe--- Your "secularism is not a religion" shows that you have learnt something. I have made that point many times and that is a matter of historical fact.

Frijoles---The issue as I see it, is that you do not let them speak for themselves. Instead you impose your own doctrine on them, which has an evangelical Christian bent. That doesnt work and frankly, is insulting.

HughBe--- Incorrect, they have SPOKEN for themselves and I have ACCEPTED it as you very well know. I accept that Jews who reject God or gods are NOT religious but they REMAIN Jews.

This positions has been restated countless times. So I respect them and their human RIGHTS to believe or not to believe.

Note, I am not the author of the phrase NON-OBSERVANT JEW meaning one who does not observed Judaism. Do you know who did? The concept of non-observant Jew is actually very INSULTING. It suggests that a Jew cannot choose to belong to other religions outside of Judaism. The truth is Judaism is outside of the TRUE religion that was delivered by Moses and the prophets.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#61955 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, because it WAS what you said.
So how do you propose to "treat" those "sick" people you call homosexuals?
In the US there have been "clinics" to "treat" homosexuality. Several states have declared these "clinics" and outlawed them. And, more significantly, one of the more vocal proponents of this therapy just recently APOLOGIZED for the entire enterprise.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/us/exodus-inter...
(CNN)-- After 37 years, Exodus International, an organization whose mission was to "help" gay Christians become straight, is shutting down. But not before issuing an apology.
<quoted text>
Nastiness, you have been exposed once again. I shall not be wasting anymore time with you.

Location hidden

#61956 Nov 4, 2013
chuckle
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#61957 Nov 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---The concept of non-observant Jew is actually very INSULTING. It suggests that a Jew cannot choose to belong to other RELIGIONS outside of Judaism.

EVERYBODY in the world knows that Jews are a RACE. The emphasis on genealogy as is evidenced in the Tanakh speaks to RACE. Let me explain, it tells who the father, the grand-father etc are and this can NEVER be changed.
In my opinion, someone would have to have the mind of a CRIMINAL for him to seek to strip the Jewish people of their identity. Neither you nor your masters can REVERSE the GENEALOGICAL and BIOLOGY facts of HISTORY.
You are CORRUPT and EVIL, in my opinion.
rabbee: yes the alleged as jews, have worshiped in other religions. which according to The-Written Torah, and history seemed to make G-D really angry at them.

and how can you deem, the multitude that represented every known race and nation at the time a single race? so it is not about a race or religion, it is about The G-D you are actually worshiping religiously.

but i for one, do not want G-D that angry at me any more. since the asburn, makes my behind really really sore.

and if it was that bad, due to the woman deceiving me religiously. how much worse could it get, if i allow any of you to religiously deceive me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Lily Boca Raton FL 1,110,648
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Your Colonoscopy 49,844
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min mdbuilder 46,687
Abby 9-19 17 min Sublime1 5
Amy 9-19 21 min Sublime1 9
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 30 min texas pete 1,472
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min loose cannon 178,065
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min edogxxx 98,231
Amy 9-18 1 hr pde 33
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search