Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
55,761 - 55,780 of 68,377 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, that's a wrong evaluation of Hugh.
Hugh has evolved in some ways and become more mature, mellowed, become more poised and learned a lot by coming online and talking to posters, here.
This is very evident to me.
then whats up with his jihad against the rabbis? Who is asking him to bother to tilt at windmills? The guy has probably never met an orthodox Jew in his life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

gotta go for a few hours

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I agree. But with the "publically" religious it happens a lot.
Not really.

Back here, most Jewish leaders are moral (non-promiscuous), straight and stay married to one woman for life but fluency in Hebrew is lacking as most speak either English or Marathi (a local language).

I don't go by generalizations.

Anyway, every human being is bisexual to some degree or the other.

So, depending on what is prominent in the nature and at what phase in life and on specific environmental impulses who's to say when a man will show gay instincts or when a gay will become more attracted to females. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
gotta go for a few hours
I am going out for dinner.

Will reply to your other points, later.

Shalom. Bye, take care.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have observed gay people being successfully treated?
That is not what I said but now that you have raised the matter the observation is being made that it is not easy to treat mental illness.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But secularism is not a religion, so unless you can posit a replacement religion, then Judaism is their religion, when they identify as so. The ones that reject Judaism are a different story. They are ethnically Jewish only.
The issue as I see it, is that you do not let them speak for themselves. Instead you impose your own doctrine on them, which has an evangelical Christian bent. That doesnt work and frankly, is insulting.
HughBe---Judaism seeks to engraft the SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods. This is a point that I have debated many times and have sought to expose the FOLLY and DECEPTION of the doctrine.

Frijoles-------But secularism is not a religion, so unless you can posit a replacement religion, then Judaism is their religion, when they identify as so. The ones that reject Judaism are a different story. They are ethnically Jewish only.

HughBe--- Your "secularism is not a religion" shows that you have learnt something. I have made that point many times and that is a matter of historical fact.

Frijoles---The issue as I see it, is that you do not let them speak for themselves. Instead you impose your own doctrine on them, which has an evangelical Christian bent. That doesnt work and frankly, is insulting.

HughBe--- Incorrect, they have SPOKEN for themselves and I have ACCEPTED it as you very well know. I accept that Jews who reject God or gods are NOT religious but they REMAIN Jews. This positions has been restated countless times. So I respect them and their human RIGHTS to believe or not to believe.

Note, I am not the author of the phrase NON-OBSERVANT JEW meaning one who does not observed Judaism. Do you know who did? The concept of non-observant Jew is actually very INSULTING. It suggests that a Jew cannot choose to belong to other religions outside of Judaism. The truth is Judaism is outside of the TRUE religion that was delivered by Moses and the prophets.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

add successfully to the end of post 61917
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Buns?
What're buns?
Buttocks
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hugh.
Yes, I want to feel your monstrous fatherly love for me.
I am a bit unwell.
Take care.
Hugh---Greetings my beloved, I am aware that you want to get a FEEL of my monster.

Joel--Hi Hugh.

Yes, I want to feel your monstrous fatherly love for me.

I am a bit unwell.

Hugh--- 1.What is happening to you? I have noticed that you are getting sick frequently. Anyhow, get well soon.

2. Your craving for fatherhood is noted.

3. Much love, dearest.

4. I truly wish for you speedy recovery.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- Incorrect, they have SPOKEN for themselves and I have ACCEPTED it as you very well know. I accept that Jews who reject God or gods are NOT religious but they REMAIN Jews. This positions has been restated countless times. So I respect them and their human RIGHTS to believe or not to believe.
Note, I am not the author of the phrase NON-OBSERVANT JEW meaning one who does not observed Judaism. Do you know who did? The concept of non-observant Jew is actually very INSULTING. It suggests that a Jew cannot choose to belong to other religions outside of Judaism. The truth is Judaism is outside of the TRUE religion that was delivered by Moses and the prophets.
The only people that term seems to insult is you. And you are not Jewish, by your own identification. SO I fail to see what your issue is.

Everyone else seems to be confortable with boundaries, as complex as they are. Actually, the boundaries are not that complex if you would finally admit what everyone else is saying, that Jewishness is an ethno-religious concept.

For those people of Jewish ethnicity, who no longer practice Judaism, whether they are practicing Christians or atheists, and choose not to identify with the ethnicity, than simply put, they are no longer Jews, except perhaps to the bean counters (assuming their Moms were Jewish).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Judaism seeks to engraft the SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods. This is a point that I have debated many times and have sought to expose the FOLLY and DECEPTION of the doctrine.
So after all this homophobia, we FINALLY found a population of human beings that you feel moved to stand up for? "SECULAR Jews who have rejected all gods?" Oh, the indignity!

But lets call a spade a spade.

The only reason you are pursuing this point is that you (as you admitted in the next few lines) believe only your notion of the bible is correct and that us JEWS are not eligible for our own spiritual inheritance. Well, my boy, that view is right out of the evangelical playbook.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
For the LAST TIME, sex with Sarah Jessica Parker is not technically bestiality.
rabbee: anyone not here in TheTorah, is a subtle talking critter. does not matter if you are considered, jew or gentile. at the least you could do, is to try and stay within your own subtle talking beast specie. weigh the consequences of a lion in love, inviting a lamb over to have dinner with their mom and dad.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
A) You're wrong, Dunce.
I have worked out the details using the polar co-ordinate method and the law of parallelogram for vector addition and I didn't need graph paper.
I just did a simple mental analysis in minutes and caught you again.
When you plot the real and imaginary parts of z = x +jy, you don't plot the x and y parts. You have to plot x along the x-axis and jy along the y-axis.
Now, tan theta = y/x = jy/x
If x = y,
tan theta = j,
theta = tan^-1 j which is not 45.
B) Parallelogram method:
Draw the x-y axes.
Plot x on the axis and jy on the y-axis.
Drop a perpendicular to the base along the x-axis.
The angle made by the x-axis with the y-axis (perpendicular) is 90 degree.
Draw the resultant of the parallelogram in the x-y plane.
The angle made by the resultant with the x-axis is alpha.
The angle made by the base with the slant height is theta.
Since, the resultant of the 2 vector components is the angle bisector of the angle made by the base of the IIgm with its slant height, thus, alpha = theta/2
Now, the perpendicular = jy = y sin theta, extended base = b cos theta
Now, a right triangle is formed by the extended base of the parallelogram with the resultant (hypotenuse) and the perpendicular serving as altitude.
So, by Pythagorasí theorem, we get:
Resultant =(x^2 + y^2 + 2xy cos theta)^1/2
x + y =(2 x^2 + 2x^2 .1/1.412)= 2x^2(2 + 1/1.412)^1/2
If x = 1,
x + y = 2( 1 + 0.708)^1/2 = 2 x (1.708)^1/2 = 2 x 1.1 (approx)= 2.2
LOL.
rabbee: yeah i know why, you don't want to us graph paper. after all that line, of alleged only true bs you gave.

and the square root of 2 has always been 1.414. and you cannot come up with an answer, greater than or equal to the summation of the x an y axis values. since that would indicate, an over unity condition. and would violate the law, of thermodynamics.

and we are not solving, for the length of the hypotenuse either. we are solving for the length, of the reactant phase vector. and i do not care whether you figure the square or square root of 1, is still always 1. and the square root of 1 squared + 1 squared, will always equal 1.414 vt.

i, do not care what obama says. your ability to explain how you got it only wrong, still does not make you right. you have not discovered, perpetual motion.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
How did you get (2)^1/2 = 1.412?
sin wt = 1/1.412
rabbee: it's so simple; vt = the square root of the summation of v1-squared, plus the square of v2. so therefore vt = the square root of 1 + 1. so then vt = the square root of 2. so then vt = 1.414. and 1.414 and 0.707 are extremely important numbers, in electronic engineering. and are the basis, for many equations.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

the square root of 1 squared + 1 squared, will always equal 1.414.
How would derive square root 2 = 1.414? Show the Math.

In your answer to the question on polar co-ordinates, which set of equations did you use to come up with the answer of square root 2 which is not correct.

I worked out the polar co-ordinate solution, converted from rect co-ordinates to polar form and used the llgm law of vector addition and in each case the answer did not work out to square root 2 nor 45 degree.

Provide me with the set of equations that you used in arriving at the answer of sq root 2.

When will you show me the answer to my previous question which is as follows?

1i x 1v = 1 amp-volt (watt).

When will solve this question? I have asked you to do so, before.

Can you mathematically prove that 1 watt = 1 kg-m^2/s^3?\

Show me all the working steps.

(smiles)
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture does worse than merely calling homosexuality a disease.
Scriptures like the Tanach and Quran outright call homosexuality a "perversion" or an "evil doing" and condemn homosexuals to death by stoning or by some other horrific method.
rabbee: the punishment for the actual act of homosexuality, is death by fire with bundles of sticks called f-a-g-g-o-t-s.

and stoning to death today, is more common than it was in Ysrael then. what do you think, catapults, guns, slings, pistols, rifles, artillery are. they are methods, of throwing rocks. so alleged as people, are still being stoned to death today. you have only increased the range, in which idolaters can stone each other to death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what I said but now that you have raised the matter the observation is being made that it is not easy to treat mental illness.
Thats funny, because it WAS what you said.

So how do you propose to "treat" those "sick" people you call homosexuals?

In the US there have been "clinics" to "treat" homosexuality. Several states have declared these "clinics" and outlawed them. And, more significantly, one of the more vocal proponents of this therapy just recently APOLOGIZED for the entire enterprise.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/20/us/exodus-inter...

(CNN)-- After 37 years, Exodus International, an organization whose mission was to "help" gay Christians become straight, is shutting down. But not before issuing an apology.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh--- In other words homosexuals have an ABNORMALITY of the brain. That is what I have been saying, they are SICK and are to be treated accordingly and not as criminals.
Frijoles---NO wonder your nation has been singled out by the UN for having a deplorable human rights record. You are still in the 18th century.
HughBe--- It is my understanding that YOU did not believe the UN when they said that Saddam did NOT have WMD so why are you believing them now, American?
That aside quote their words and give the link for what you have attributed to them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

CORRECTION

In the US there have been "clinics" to "treat" homosexuality. Several states have declared these "clinics" AS FRAUDLENT and outlawed them

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: it's so simple; vt = the square root of the summation of v1-squared, plus the square of v2. so therefore vt = the square root of 1 + 1. so then vt = the square root of 2. so then vt = 1.414. and 1.414 and 0.707 are extremely important numbers, in electronic engineering. and are the basis, for many equations.
From the equation Z = x + jy,

Vt =((horizontal component)^2 +(vertical component)^2)^1/2

horizontal component = x,

vertical component = jy

theta = angle made by resultant, Vt, with horizontal component

Vt =((x)^2 +(jy)^2)^1/2 =(x^2 - y^2)

If x = y,

Vt = 0

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Buttocks
Oh...

So, buns = butts

Don't you Christians eat Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday?

Or, should that be Hot Cross Butts?

(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,080,354
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 38 min FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 45 min McCarthy B An Azz Hole 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min loose cannon 174,662
Good Ol' Harry............A True GEM. 54 min Did he killmost at 1 Time 4
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 464
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 1 hr Very concerned citizen 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Sublime1 97,539
Abby 7-24 Thu Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE