Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61881 Nov 4, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: and don't forget to get, a sheet of graph paper. so you can draw, the vector for +1x ++1y.
A) You're wrong, Dunce.

I have worked out the details using the polar co-ordinate method and the law of parallelogram for vector addition and I didn't need graph paper.

I just did a simple mental analysis in minutes and caught you again.

When you plot the real and imaginary parts of z = x +jy, you don't plot the x and y parts. You have to plot x along the x-axis and jy along the y-axis.

Now, tan theta = y/x = jy/x

If x = y,

tan theta = j,

theta = tan^-1 j which is not 45.

B) Parallelogram method:

Draw the x-y axes.

Plot x on the axis and jy on the y-axis.

Drop a perpendicular to the base along the x-axis.

The angle made by the x-axis with the y-axis (perpendicular) is 90 degree.

Draw the resultant of the parallelogram in the x-y plane.

The angle made by the resultant with the x-axis is alpha.

The angle made by the base with the slant height is theta.

Since, the resultant of the 2 vector components is the angle bisector of the angle made by the base of the IIgm with its slant height, thus, alpha = theta/2

Now, the perpendicular = jy = y sin theta, extended base = b cos theta

Now, a right triangle is formed by the extended base of the parallelogram with the resultant (hypotenuse) and the perpendicular serving as altitude.

So, by Pythagoras’ theorem, we get:

Resultant =(x^2 + y^2 + 2xy cos theta)^1/2

x + y =(2 x^2 + 2x^2 .1/1.412)= 2x^2(2 + 1/1.412)^1/2

If x = 1,

x + y = 2( 1 + 0.708)^1/2 = 2 x (1.708)^1/2 = 2 x 1.1 (approx)= 2.2

LOL.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61882 Nov 4, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: and don't forget to get, a sheet of graph paper. so you can draw, the vector for +1x ++1y.
1i x 1v = 1 amp-volt (watt).

When will solve this question? I have asked you to do so, before.

Can you mathematically prove that 1 watt = 1 kg-m^2/s^3?

Show me all the working steps, retard.

(smiles)

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#61883 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
T...People Magazine isnt being cited as a a prime influence by certain vocal proponents of a major political party...
Untrue. I'm almost certain the current administration's entire policy portfolio was ripped from the pages of "People". The fact that they don't publicly acknowledge it is baffling.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61884 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

He avoided the question the first time so I repeated it.
Hugh will not change his view on homosexuality being a disease even if all the evidence to the contrary is given to him.

He's a fanatic who draws his ideas and morals from stone-age religious scripture and so if the scripture says that homosexuality is wrong he too will blindly agree with its naive declaration and avoid looking at the evidence which disproves scripture.

It's futile arguing with fanatics.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61885 Nov 4, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

for the simplest of equations, involving the square root number 1+1. and can't even calculate, what the square root of 2 is. when the phase angle of 45degrees is always going to be the square root of the total of the two numbers.
LOL.

How did you get (2)^1/2 = 1.412?

sin wt = 1/1.412

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61886 Nov 4, 2013
Ya Ma. LOL.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61887 Nov 4, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue. I'm almost certain the current administration's entire policy portfolio was ripped from the pages of "People". The fact that they don't publicly acknowledge it is baffling.
I think we will have to disagree to agree on that one

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61888 Nov 4, 2013
Darn, that made more sense than I was intending it to.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61889 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh will not change his view on homosexuality being a disease even if all the evidence to the contrary is given to him.
He's a fanatic who draws his ideas and morals from stone-age religious scripture and so if the scripture says that homosexuality is wrong he too will blindly agree with its naive declaration and avoid looking at the evidence which disproves scripture.
It's futile arguing with fanatics.
Scripture might be the basis for his attitude in general, but it doesnt even adress the issue of it as disease (as we understand the concept of disease in modern times) nor the issue of a cure.

In fact, from what I figure, the closest his Christian scripture gets to addressing homosexuality is when it tells you to "turn the other cheek". Hardly an admonition.

And I agree, its futile arguing with fanatics. Which is mockery is one of my greatest amusements here. Have you noticed that yet??

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61890 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Scripture might be the basis for his attitude in general, but it doesn't even address the issue of it as disease (as we understand the concept of disease in modern times) nor the issue of a cure.
Scripture does worse than merely calling homosexuality a disease.

Scriptures like the Tanach and Quran outright call homosexuality a "perversion" or an "evil doing" and condemn homosexuals to death by stoning or by some other horrific method.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61891 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture does worse than merely calling homosexuality a disease.
Scriptures like the Tanach and Quran outright call homosexuality a "perversion" or an "evil doing" and condemn homosexuals to death by stoning or by some other horrific method.
Tanach doesnt really say that. Your Christianized western translation of the tanach says that. Stoning isnt even in the English translations, dunno where that came from

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61892 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

And I agree, its futile arguing with fanatics. Which is mockery is one of my greatest amusements here. Have you noticed that yet??
Mockery doesn't solve the purpose; on the contrary, it may aggravate the atmosphere since the other person involved in the debate may think that you're not serious in debating the issue in depth and seeing it from various angles including his own and so he may be put off and so mockery could create misunderstanding.

Mockery should be used sparingly.

If the other person cannot see the light of reason despite giving him the entire logic supported by evidence, well, then, you can't do anything and so better tell him to be free to follow what he wishes to without imposing his ideas or thoughts on others since the evidence doesn't support his views and wrap up the debate at that point. But, always keep communication lines open with him and if he at some point has a rethink then analyze what he has to say and further the debate from there by closely analyzing his point for what it's worth.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61893 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Mockery doesn't solve the purpose; on the contrary, it may aggravate the atmosphere since the other person involved in the debate may think that you're not serious in debating the issue in depth and seeing it from various angles including his own and so he may be put off and so mockery could create misunderstanding.
Mockery should be used sparingly.
If the other person cannot see the light of reason despite giving him the entire logic supported by evidence, well, then, you can't do anything and so better tell him to be free to follow what he wishes to without imposing his ideas or thoughts on others since the evidence doesn't support his views and wrap up the debate at that point. But, always keep communication lines open with him and if he at some point has a rethink then analyze what he has to say and further the debate from there by closely analyzing his point for what it's worth.
I guess the sarcasm of my post flew over your head

Its ok.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61894 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture does worse than merely calling homosexuality a disease.
Scriptures like the Tanach and Quran outright call homosexuality a "perversion" or an "evil doing" and condemn homosexuals to death by stoning or by some other horrific method.
There are more passages in the Jewish text that admonish against eating non-kosher than homosexuality.

But yet, many fundamentalists, who lack both Hebrew language skills and the ability to appreciate perspective, harp on the gay citations, and still eat shrimp.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61895 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

In fact, from what I figure, the closest his Christian scripture gets to addressing homosexuality is when it tells you to "turn the other cheek". Hardly an admonition.
NT is filled with contradictions.

On the one hand, the NT advises believers to turn the other cheek, to let go of revenge since an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth would make the whole world blind, to love/pray for one's enemies and to forgive 70 times 7 but on the other hand it curses non-believers and threatens them with hell fire and insists that salvation lies only through Jesus and calls for the death of anyone rejecting Christ....

There are many other contradictory statements that I can point out to you in the NT.

So, well, I take its teachings with a ton of salt since most of its teachings have a fanatical agenda underlying them and its goodwill and love are conditional.

In many ways, the NT is a barbarous book and Jesus was not a man of peace.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61896 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
But, always keep communication lines open with him and if he at some point has a rethink then analyze what he has to say and further the debate from there by closely analyzing his point for what it's worth.
Every few months he says something funny.

But he pushes the same views now as he did when he first appeared. Not very much evolution on his part. If anything, he has gotten more angry. Maybe that is a reaction to his domestic life. Maybe that is a reaction to us. Either way, it is sad.

Our experience with religious homophobes here in the US is that they are often gay but repressed, until they realize enough is enough. Then they go public. In a big way.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#61897 Nov 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
NT is filled with contradictions.
On the one hand, the NT advises believers to turn the other cheek, to let go of revenge since an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth would make the whole world blind, to love/pray for one's enemies and to forgive 70 times 7 but on the other hand it curses non-believers and threatens them with hell fire and insists that salvation lies only through Jesus and calls for the death of anyone rejecting Christ....
There are many other contradictory statements that I can point out to you in the NT.
So, well, I take its teachings with a ton of salt since most of its teachings have a fanatical agenda underlying them and its goodwill and love are conditional.
In many ways, the NT is a barbarous book and Jesus was not a man of peace.
To be fair, what you call the OT has as many contradictions. Its the application that matters. And why Jews have an oral tradition as well - to bring some order and make the value system livable.

"Turning the othe cheek" - that was a blatant play on words. Not even an acknowledgement? I am hurt - it was probably one of my better ideas in a while.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61898 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Tanach doesnt really say that. Your Christianized western translation of the tanach says that. Stoning isnt even in the English translations, dunno where that came from
The main point to note is that whatever be the method of capital punishment, the Tanach says that a homosexual should be put to death.

This is what I wish to highlight - that the Tanach calls for the death of homosexuals.

Stoning to death was a common practice in those days.

Tanach condemns homosexuality and calls for the death of homosexuals.

The method of putting a homosexual to death could be stoning, beheading or any other method which is besides the point.

Obviously, Hugh has picked up his hideous ideas regarding homosexuality from the teachings of the Tanach. This much is clear.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61899 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I guess the sarcasm of my post flew over your head

Its ok.
Your mockery serves no purpose except that it shows you in a poor light.

People usually resort to sarcasm or mockery when they have little logic to offer or when they are not serious.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#61900 Nov 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

There are more passages in the Jewish text that admonish against eating non-kosher than homosexuality.
Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are democrats destroyed? 25 min DEAD 4 30 Years 5
Standing Ovation at Carnegie Hall. 30 min Kemo Sabbe 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Dr Guru 231,098
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Dudley 7,943
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr Dudley 1,459,051
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Laughing Out Loud 104,527
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Doug77 9,859

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages