Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
55,061 - 55,080 of 68,833 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Where is Virgin?

Joel dear, where are you?

Have you lost it? If YES, congratulations. I am pleased and proud of you.

Later.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

HealthCare.gov : Team Obama and Its Dysfunctional 500 Million Lines of
Code
Big government projects fail because real world business dynamics are
absent
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
October 24, 2013
The Obamaites are scrambling to cover their
political posteriors in the wake of the crash
and burn of their multi-million dollar fiasco
known as HealthCare.gov .
It’s not their fault, Politico insists . Building a
complicated website is a difficult thing to do.
We are told the site contains 500 million
lines of code and it will take time to ferret
through it all and patch it up.
500 million lines of code? Really. Windows
Vista, the notoriously bloated and slow
computer operating system, only had 50
million lines of code.
“If you contract something out and get 500
million lines of code back, there’s no way it’s
going to work correctly,” noted Slate’s vice
president for technology, Dan Check.
But then we’re talking about government and over-budget contractors here. It’s only natural that
big government projects fail because real world business dynamics are absent. Crash and burn is a
routine feature of the state when it takes on projects better suited for business.
In government, if something fails bureaucrats simply throw more expropriated money around until
they get the results they want. And even if they don’t get the results they want or expect – as in the
case of Obamacare – they just force it down our throats at gunpoint.
Here’s an idea. Instead of bitching and moaning about how difficult it is to get a website up and
running, Team Obama should head out to Utah and round up a few of the geeks who worked on the
super-secret software the NSA is using to suck up all our email, text messages and phone calls.
Or Facebook. The social media network runs on around 20 million lines of code . It has over a
billion users. Maybe they can spare a couple programmers.
Obamacare and its malfunctioning website constitute a magnificent train wreck. But when we
assume government can do what the private sector and for-profit business can do more efficiently,
we can expect not only to be disappointed but also taken to the cleaners.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
A political party consists of constituents (the people). Of these constituents, some will rise to fill leadership/representative roles. Ted Cruz is both a Tea Party constituent and representative. He IS one of them.
<quoted text>
Fiscal constraint is a ruse. The Tea Party is ideologically stuck on smaller government. Regardless of whether certain legislation is fiscally constrained or not, they will vote against it if they perceive it as contributing to a more hands-on government approach, and they will NOT compromise on this ideology. In this regard, they ARE obstructionists.
<quoted text>
Exactly why they are obstructionists. To them, ALL legislation is destructive. They are more concerned with removing legislation than creating it. I think they forget the role of the legislative body that they are elected members of.
<quoted text>
Tell that to the federal employees that didn't get their paychecks during that period.
<quoted text>
Tell that to the war-mongering Neocons that got us into two wars that will ultimately cost us $4 Trillion to $6 Trillion dollars. Or the bone head Tea Partiers whose government shutdown will cost the U.S. economy upwards of $24 billion dollars.
The political party at the moment is republican, the tea party are the people who support certain members of that party that support their positions.
If anything the tea party can be considered a sub-political group.
The tea-party is stuck on supporting the constitution that calls for a limited federal government, you know that thing that they swear an oath to?
If the are obstructionists of damaging legislation then so be it, it is their duty.
Tell that to the non-essential employees? maybe they should work towards more essential positions
What do you think happens when a company doesn't get financing and are ripe for bankruptcy?
War mongering neo-cons have nothing to do with the tea party however there is a war mongering in the white house right now.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a tip, sparky. No one minds if you want to pretend to be a rich, lawer/doctor/astronaut who dates supermodels and spies for the CIA in his spare time. It's the Internet and people kind of expect it. Hell, Joel practically makes it his raison d'etre (much to the amusement of us all).
But, in order to perpetuate that fiction, you have to be vague and non-specific in your claims to greatness. If you wanted to pretend to be in the military, you could have just said that you were a soldier and had some proficiency with firearms.
Instead you come out of the gate claiming to be an elite drill-instructor who makes artillery at home in his spare time when he's not out spending his millions on women who, in return, lavish him with antique (and fairly rare) pre-civil war firearms.
By keeping your fictions much less fictional, you can spend much less time covering over the gaping holes in your lies and much more time spreading your hatred of Jews (which I assume is much more important to you).
Hope this helps.
rabbee: what makes you think i am pretending, with your adversarial false pretending against actual truth? we've never even met, and yet you profess to know more about me than G-D or i know about myself.

you can't even keep the facts, i have given straight. even your ludicrous statement, that converts a half a million in to millions. and your assumption that i am as wealthy, after the divorce is just as ludicrous also.

can't you, keep the facts straight without lying? i do not have to lie, about what's in my life story. and i really do not appreciate, anyone else trying to lie about it either. what ever happened to not bearing false witness, to suit your mental ego conjecture?

or are you one of those false jesus worshipers, who thinks the law of Moshe is no longer valid? that only results in their, violating all the laws of G-D still here in TheTorah. resulting in world wide, secular atheism. why are you! an atheist like this whole world?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
The tea-party is stuck on supporting the constitution that calls for a limited federal government, you know that thing that they swear an oath to?
Don't kid yourself based on your personal interpretation of the constitution. Even the founding fathers couldn't agree on the limits of the federal government.
Voluntarist wrote:
If the are obstructionists of damaging legislation then so be it, it is their duty.
So you concede that they are obstructionists. Good.
Voluntarist wrote:
Tell that to the non-essential employees? maybe they should work towards more essential positions
Even those deemed "essential" employees were not paid until the shutdown was over.
Voluntarist wrote:
What do you think happens when a company doesn't get financing and are ripe for bankruptcy?
The government has no problem getting financing. Are you delusional?
Voluntarist wrote:
War mongering neo-cons have nothing to do with the tea party
Didn't you just say that the Tea Party is a sub-party of the Republican party? If they are going to caucus with them, then they need to own their decisions as well.
Voluntarist wrote:
however there is a war mongering in the white house right now.
How so? I see a president who had the baggage of two wars handed to him by the previous administration.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>

How so? I see a president who had the baggage of two wars handed to him by the previous administration.
As well as the baggage of an out of control NSA which is a legacy of the previous administration as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the government that doesn't follow its own constitution? That one?
Taxation without representation.
There certainly was no income tax at the time of the tea party and no federal reserve.
And tar and feathering was a popular thing to do with politicians, I think we should bring that back.
Wrong. Taxes were not federal because until the federal system there was no US. But you bet there was local taxes. When the colonies merged into a federation you bet they assumed that their would be taxation at that level as well. with representation.

Thats what you dont get. Unlike today, the "TP" back then did not promote anarchy. They were against the Brits, fully accepted the idea of local government, provide they had a say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Doofus
HughBe--- Rear Admiral, Eric your man said that you thought that a MAN was a woman. How intelligent of you.
Also, it explains to me your sexual behaviour.
Your man's words-- "ORIGINALLY Frijoles was of the same understanding as they guy in the song. He thought SHE was just an ugly girl"
Just this once kindly just admit you were wrong. You might feel a little better, not having to issue these spasms. Stop sounding like a twit.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't kid yourself based on your personal interpretation of the constitution. Even the founding fathers couldn't agree on the limits of the federal government.
<quoted text>
So you concede that they are obstructionists. Good.
<quoted text>
Even those deemed "essential" employees were not paid until the shutdown was over.
<quoted text>
The government has no problem getting financing. Are you delusional?
<quoted text>
Didn't you just say that the Tea Party is a sub-party of the Republican party? If they are going to caucus with them, then they need to own their decisions as well.
<quoted text>
Did you forget the war mongering for Syria and Rand Paul and others wanting the president to check with congress first?

Are you a progressive liberal?

Congress has 18 enumerated powers, that's it.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Taxes were not federal because until the federal system there was no US. But you bet there was local taxes. When the colonies merged into a federation you bet they assumed that their would be taxation at that level as well. with representation.
Thats what you dont get. Unlike today, the "TP" back then did not promote anarchy. They were against the Brits, fully accepted the idea of local government, provide they had a say.
But here you are chanting for non-local federal government.

You make no sense.

Where do you see the tea party promoting anarchy?

That is just a word libs throw around to make people believe that they need government.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw local taxes paled in comparison.

What's interesting is reading the 16th amendment wording that didn't get passed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
But here you are chanting for non-local federal government.
You make no sense.
Where do you see the tea party promoting anarchy?
That is just a word libs throw around to make people believe that they need government.
Let me ask you this. When the yankees (and others) fought the Brits, did they want independence for their respective colonies? Or did they anticipate a federation? I hope you know the answer for that.

an·ar·chy noun \&#712;a-n&#601;r-k &#275;,-&#716;när-\
: a situation of confusion and wild behavior in which the people in a country, group, organization, etc., are not controlled by rules or laws

Sound like anarchy to me. Dont forget that the House couldnt even agree on their demands during that fleeting period where they pretended it wasnt about Obamacare.

Shutting government down for reasons we still have yet to divine is anarchy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw local taxes paled in comparison.
Thats a relative comparison.

Only certainty in life is death and taxes. Doesnt matter where you live.
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>What's interesting is reading the 16th amendment wording that didn't get passed.
to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget the war mongering for Syria and Rand Paul and others wanting the president to check with congress first?
There has always been a tension between the executive branch and legislative branch regarding the trigger to the War Powers Act. Obama did not create this tension, nor was it specific to Syria issue. Rand Paul didnt create anything new here.

Your view regarding the interpretation of those powers, are, to put it mildly, not shared by most people.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Just this once kindly just admit you were wrong. You might feel a little better, not having to issue these spasms. Stop sounding like a twit.
HughBe---Eric your man said that you thought that a MAN was a woman. How intelligent of you.

Frijoles---Just this once kindly just admit you were wrong.

HughBe--- I was wrong to think that you were not able to tell the difference between males and females.

Based on what you are saying I have concluded that your problem is not with identifying the difference between men and women it lies in your misclassification of them . So for you men are women and women are men.

Frijoles--- You might feel a little better, not having to issue these spasms. Stop sounding like a twit.

HughBe--- I feel better now and I am sure it is the same for you.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There has always been a tension between the executive branch and legislative branch regarding the trigger to the War Powers Act. Obama did not create this tension, nor was it specific to Syria issue. Rand Paul didnt create anything new here.
Your view regarding the interpretation of those powers, are, to put it mildly, not shared by most people.
That wasn't a view or an opinion that's a fact.

And your first statement doesn't make Obama any less of a war monger than Bush.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But his spasms provide such a constant source of amusement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I'm sure he checked with congress mainly because Rand Paul reminded him. Face up to reality. Your hero Rand Paul is nothing but an opportunistic twit.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But the thing is, its never about pure economic concerns. The fiscal fixation is just a veil to push a social agenda.
The same party that is promoting the TP also welcomes those who are anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-hispanic, anti-poor, anti-anything other than evangelical Christianity, anti-science, anti-anything except white men. The act that there has never been a major public rebellion by the "mainstream" Repubs indicates that they are a supporting party to this anarchy.
You would never fit in the TP here in the US. First, you are too thoughtful. Second, you are Jewish. Either of those is fatal.
Every political party in History has extremists and moderates. If you're looking for examples of extreme positions in the Democrats fold, they are easy to find. It makes sense that a fiscally conservative party would contain socially conservative people. I myself hold many socially conservative positions.

However, the stated position of the Tea Party isn't anti-gay, anti-immigration, or even pro-Xtianity. The first principles of the Tea Party are in fact fiscal conservatism and small government. These two go hand in hand. Small government is something everyone should embrace -- be they socially conservative or liberal. A small government doesn't intrude into people's lives as much as a large government and that works in your favour regardless of your political bent.

How do you make a government smaller? There is really only one way, to remove its source of income.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't a view or an opinion that's a fact.
And your first statement doesn't make Obama any less of a war monger than Bush.
Kindly compare the number of wars that Obama has engaged in vs Bush

0 vs 2

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Homer 1,095,220
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min RACE 97,745
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Jacques from Ottawa 176,672
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Ace 49,241
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Cold hard facts 3,898
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) 1 hr Punish him good 3
Amy 8-19 1 hr Pippa 12
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••