Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
54,861 - 54,880 of 68,391 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Z A Bhutto went on to become the Prime Minister of Pakistan and his daughter Benazir Bhutto Zardari also became the Prime Minster of Pakistan. Both were murdered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Salman Rushdie, on whose head was placed a death sentence by the Ayatollah of Iran for insulting in hid book The Satanic Verses the prophet of Islam, is also an alum of Cathedral School, Mumbai. Kudos. Proud.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

typo - in his book
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you don't know any more about gardening than you do about Judaism.
Allow me to "educate" you. Hybrids and Heirlooms are both cross-pollinated and are produced exactly in the same manner, natural cross-pollination of like species.
The term hybrids is normally applied to commercially produced seeds that are often sterile in the next generation, rendering the seed unusable for replanting. Commercial hybrids are bred specifically to produce uniform results and disease resistance. This allows farmers and gardeners to get consistent results and not have to put such an emphasis on rotating planting areas. The sterility of the seeds is also a commercial benefit because the gardener must continuously purchase new seed. However, breeding for taste and appearance are not a priority as they don't really effect commercial viability.
Heirloom seeds are also commercially cross-pollinated (although many gardeners do it as a hobby) and are typically not sterile so the seeds can be reused over several generations. The goal of heirloom cross breeding is to improve taste and appearance (I have raised chocolate brown tomatoes for example) with less emphasis on uniformity or disease resistance. I was successfully able to raise tomatoes in hot, humid Singapore (hard to do) by using heirlooms developed for growth in the deep South and Hawaii.
rabbee: well joel jr. apparently you can't, comprehend the term crappy and disappointing. as you then went into length, the definition of crappy and disappointing. in order to make yourself, look as important as your daddy joel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Mumbai's Cathedral School boasts of world famous alum spread over cutting edge scientific research, industry, politics, law, economics, literature, haute couture fashion and other fields. Cathedral School, Mumbai, also holds the national record of producing the highest number IIT JEE all-India rank number 1 toppers. It's India's number 1 school and its alum are much sought sought after by the leading universities in the US and Europe. Wow! Way to go Cathedralites. Proud.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an apple tree in my yard that has 4 different types of apples on it.
rabbee: yes you can splice the branches of any member of the rose family onto an apple tree. though usually done with dwarfs, with a quincy filter splice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

And, here, on this thread, we have so-called Ph.Ds in "science" (like Dr Frijoles) who have the IQs of 10 year olds and whose knowledge of Math, Physics and Chemistry is zero. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Hi Rabbe the rabid rabbit! ha ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

HUMAN-CHIMP FUNCTIONAL DIVIDE AND FAILURE OF GENES TO EXPLAIN THIS OBSERVATION:

The Human Genome Project has itself set back the hopes it engendered. First, our genome contains only between 20,000 and 25,000 genes, far fewer than the 100,000 expected. In contrast, sea urchins have about 26,000, and rice plants 38,000. Moreover, our genome differs very little from the chimpanzee's genome, the sequencing of which was completed in 2005. As Svante Pääbo, director of the Chimpanzee Genome Project, commented: "We cannot see in this why we are so different from chimpanzees."

- Dr Rupert Sheldrake

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

GENES FAIL TO EXPLAIN PHYSIOLOGY:

The predictive value of human genomes turns out to be low. Everyone knows tall parents tend to have tall children, and recent studies on the genomes of 30,000 people identified about 50 genes associated with being tall or short. Yet together these genes accounted for only about 5 per cent of the inheritance of height. This is not the only example of "missing heritability". Steve Jones, professor of genetics at University College London says that "hubris has been replaced with concern", and he suggests the present approach is "throwing good money after bad".

- Dr Rupert Sheldrake
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cfc.umt.edu/biogeochemistry/Pdfs/R...
go to p 348
I admit - and you are totally correct in questioning me - that I forgot that tropical climates (soils) are different than temperate climates (soils) with regard to nutrient availability. Where I live, P is the enemy, while where you live, you want P.
rabbee: rather funny your, using the letter P. if you know how, phosphorus was discovered. you can just go, P on your lawn. but i guess, that would be illegal too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

RANDOM GENETIC MUTATIONS VERSUS MORPHOGENETIC FIELDS:

Random molecular permutations simply cannot explain how organisms work. Instead, cells, tissues and organs develop in a modular manner, shaped by morphogenetic fields, first recognised by developmental biologists in the 1920s. Wolpert himself acknowledges the importance of such fields. Among biologists, he is best known for "positional information", by which cells "know" where they are within the field of a developing organ, such as a limb. But he believes morphogenetic fields can be reduced to standard chemistry and physics. I disagree. I believe these fields have organising abilities, or systems properties, that involve new scientific principles.

- Dr Rupert Sheldrake

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

RABBEE is another DUNCE like FRIJOLES. Rabbee is a fanatical poster with the IQ of a 10 year old and whose knowledge of Math, Physics and Chem is zero and he claims to have attended grad school at elite US universities like Berkeley among others. LOL.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the chemistry involved - in fact, I would know and understand far more about the chemistry part than you would for known reasons - but I am more concerned about the adverse effects of incorporating artificial elements/compounds into living systems...
I can give you plenty of examples from the fields of nutrition, medicine and surgery that're damaging and unbalancing people in mind-body due to the ignorance of deeper effects of artificial substances and harmful frequencies of EM radiations by our scientific experts...
If I enter a mind-matter lab, I can prove many things using my incisive knowledge gained through logic and yogic insights but then Dean Radin, Tom Campbell and other so-called leading mind-matter experts would get jealous of me and of the high success rate of my novel experimental work and would then begin pulling me down due to the the precise co-relations that my experiments and interpretations would bring into the picture...
If you want to stay healthy in mind, emotions and body, one way is to weed out synthetics from your diet since these adversely react with sentient systems at a deeper level that affect mind-body functioning....
Most people in the world are ill or unbalanced in mind, emotions and body for precisely this reason aside from other factors...
All talk about simply feeding people is so pedestrian - if you wish to feed people slaughter tens of millions of bulls, pigs, crows, jackals, rats, human beings, snakes and the like and you'll get a population of high protein types with varying levels of mind-body problems....
What we need to understand is the comprehensive effect of food at the gross and subtle levels of matter and sentience - this would be holistic and more helpful.
rabbee: what you! have a problem here, you can't solve?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

RABBEE is a homosexual like FRIJOLES and keeps bull shitting about having a family and being a top scientist for 30 years and other such crap. ha ha ha
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked about plants, and I responded about plants
And I have been less than impressed by your knowledge. You know how to cut and paste, and ask exam questions, but you always seem to lack the ability to apply. Probably because you never had the real opportunity.
As per the environmental (landscape) effects, I mentioned that early on. I also opinionated that not being so rigid (i.e IPM) is MORE effective in achieving your goals than pursuing ideological purity.
rabbee: yeah his theoretical and perfect ideal models, do seem to be lacking in applied science. when all your ideal frictionless models, encounter way too much friction.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
You can apply knowledge correctly only after mastering the theory of which you know nothing about - you can't even correctly answer questions on oxidation state and redox potentials in Chem and you have the cheek to talk about practical knowledge which is so heavily dependent on the theoretical concepts and calculations. LOL.
You claim to have a doctorate in a "scientific" discipline - LOL.
rabbee: sooner or later, you discover the difference between theoretical and actual work experience. sooner or later, you find a better use for that pencil. in figuring out, your constipation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

What is more important - transcendence or transformation?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I say?
I simply pointed out the dangers of using artificial inputs in farming, medicine or in nutrition because the long term effects of these on our mind-body equation will be bad and besides there are preliminary studies to indicate the dangers of what I just said. I simply went deeper - more into the impact that synthetics can have on sentient systems.
The scientists have still a lot to learn about causal factors of synthetics, EM radiations, medicines, nuclear tech and surgery and the impact they have on deeper levels of nature and being with manifestations as illnesses/imbalances on the surface but often scientists push forward a dangerous agenda for egoistic reasons or because they are funded by vested interests who wish to dump dangerous products/technologies on an unsuspecting public.
Now, go and masturbate as you dream about dear Hugh.
(smiles)
rabbee: there is no harm done, when inorganic phosphates are converted to organic phosphates in any given body. apparently a blade of grass, has more intelligence than you.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
HUGH:
SEXUAL GRATIFICATION does not depend on size of the penis as a small organ can stimulate the nerve endings that begin from the open tip itself in the orifices it is put into.
In fact, I think that most women and most gays would be terrified of being invaded by a huge bamboo...
rabbee: well if speaking for yourself, is what you want to consider as true. then it is, to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,082,106
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min SpaceBlues 45,823
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,939
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 174,913
Amy 7-28 1 hr Mister Tonka 10
Local health care outreach program to Muslims e... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Zioni 68,043
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000