Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,239
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60873 Oct 20, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you don't know any more about gardening than you do about Judaism.
Allow me to "educate" you. Hybrids and Heirlooms are both cross-pollinated and are produced exactly in the same manner, natural cross-pollination of like species.
The term hybrids is normally applied to commercially produced seeds that are often sterile in the next generation, rendering the seed unusable for replanting. Commercial hybrids are bred specifically to produce uniform results and disease resistance. This allows farmers and gardeners to get consistent results and not have to put such an emphasis on rotating planting areas. The sterility of the seeds is also a commercial benefit because the gardener must continuously purchase new seed. However, breeding for taste and appearance are not a priority as they don't really effect commercial viability.
Heirloom seeds are also commercially cross-pollinated (although many gardeners do it as a hobby) and are typically not sterile so the seeds can be reused over several generations. The goal of heirloom cross breeding is to improve taste and appearance (I have raised chocolate brown tomatoes for example) with less emphasis on uniformity or disease resistance. I was successfully able to raise tomatoes in hot, humid Singapore (hard to do) by using heirlooms developed for growth in the deep South and Hawaii.
I was going to ask how you garden in Singapore. My stereotype of your island nation is that you live on the 20th floor of a high rise, and that the only green space for gardening is way out on the periphery. And that you are too far for Burpee.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#60876 Oct 20, 2013
typo

THAT the US guidelines haven't a clue about

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#60877 Oct 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to ask how you garden in Singapore. My stereotype of your island nation is that you live on the 20th floor of a high rise, and that the only green space for gardening is way out on the periphery. And that you are too far for Burpee.
I live in what they call locally a "semi-d". Which is one of two townhouses with a common wall. Each of us has a driveway, carport and a garden area. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and other non-tropical plants need to be covered with shadecloth to keep them from overheating. The high humidity means everything needs to be treated with anti-fungals.

I did live in a highrise for a while. I tried growing tomatoes and lettuce on the balcony, but it took me a while to get the right seed, light, soil combination to grow tropical tomatoes.

Thai basil, on the the other hand, thrives here and I grow potatoes in straw-filled tubs. Because of my limited space, I only grow things that I eat right away and buy the foods I could normally can.

Location hidden

#60878 Oct 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Organic foods should have the following characteristics -
To provide you with an example of ideological rigidity (and its impractical consequences) that you might appreciate:

In my state of Connecticut, they passed a law recently banning the use of Phosphorus fertilizers on lawn for most cases. Nutrient loading of the Long Island Sound and dead zones is a big deal here, and they are trying to reduce this.

So lawn care products with P are generally not available anymore.

However, it turns out that since compost has high Phosphorus levels, by law, compost is now banned from lawns as well (not that most people know this)

Banning of compost on lawns is collateral damage to the emerging Organic Lawn Care industry which relies on compost applications. A lot of landscaping businesses went organic over the last few years and now their practices are technically illegal under the new law to ban fertilizers.

Ironically, I can understand the ban, as it doesnt matter what the source of P is, it all affects the plantlife the same way. Plants dont really care if their source of P is synthetic or organic, they incorporate the P as inorganic regardless.

However, organic sources of P are generally more environmentally friendly due to the slow time it takes to convert the P to inorganic.

I dont think the intent of the law was to put organic lawn care landscapers out of business.

Location hidden

#60879 Oct 20, 2013
ABNORMAL HUMAN TYPES, FOOD & DISEASES:

I prefer that abnormal human types - offspring of incest, inbreeding, hypogamy, demon-worshippers, possessed people, fanatics, persons with serious personality defects and persons with mental/physical diseases - stay away from food growing, cooking and serving food as there are damaging transferable effects in the process that people do not perceive through their ordinary consciousness and of which crass materialistic science has not a clue about but these harmful effects due to transfer of unbalanced and perverse energy vibes from people to food and from the food into the consumers are easily observed through the subtle vision. Many mind-body diseases get transferred in this manner. More research by scientists engaged in cutting edge mind-matter research is needed on this subject. I eat out a lot and am damaged in many ways for precisely the above reasons that I can perceive through my subtle consciousness.

Location hidden

#60880 Oct 20, 2013
I'll be damaged in mind, emotions and body if I consume food and drink offered by an abnormal human type like dear Hugh. So sorry to say this but what I have said about dear Hugh is 100% true to me given dear Hugh's perverse vibes and abnormal family gene pool. I can say the same about most other posters, here but one prominent example will suffice.....

(smiles)

Location hidden

#60881 Oct 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Plants don't really care if their source of P is synthetic or organic, they incorporate the P as inorganic regardless.
How do you know? Is it because the compounded form is the same?

This is mere chemistry but what about the effects at a deeper level of sentience in the plants that get loaded with synthetic chemicals?

I think there's a difference....

There are several examples to show you that artificial materials are not the same as living materials/tissues despite both having the same structural and chemical composition that gets incorporated into living systems...

I am going much deeper into root vibrational levels and core sentient responses than chemistry or medical science can ever go and because of this ignorance about the deeper mind-matter connections that prevail in scientific communities any nonsense is propagated with harmful effects and no wonder most people in the world are ill or unbalanced or dysfunctional at a deeper level with visible manifestations in behavior and body....

Location hidden

#60882 Oct 20, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in what they call locally a "semi-d". Which is one of two townhouses with a common wall. Each of us has a driveway, carport and a garden area. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and other non-tropical plants need to be covered with shadecloth to keep them from overheating. The high humidity means everything needs to be treated with anti-fungals.
I did live in a highrise for a while. I tried growing tomatoes and lettuce on the balcony, but it took me a while to get the right seed, light, soil combination to grow tropical tomatoes.
Thai basil, on the the other hand, thrives here and I grow potatoes in straw-filled tubs. Because of my limited space, I only grow things that I eat right away and buy the foods I could normally can.
In the US we call your housing either townhouse or multifamily.

Being fungicide free in any climate is challenging, and virtually impossible for most crops susceptible to fungi. This is an issue in Apple trees as well. I never bothered with the fungicides or with hygiene (i.e. grooming the infected leaves and disposing them). What survives, survives, and some years are better than others. Of course this is just a hobby tree, so I have this luxury.

Have you ever grown bananas?

Location hidden

#60883 Oct 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
I'll be damaged in mind, emotions and body if I consume food and drink offered by an abnormal human type like dear Hugh.
Why the worry?

By your own admittance you are already damaged in mind, emotions and body.

Location hidden

#60884 Oct 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
This is mere chemistry but what about the effects at a deeper level of sentience in the plants that get loaded with synthetic chemicals?
There are several examples to show you that artificial materials are not the same as living materials/tissues despite both having the same structural and chemical composition that gets incorporated into living systems...
I am going much deeper into root vibrational levels and core sentient responses than chemistry or medical science can ever go and because of this ignorance about the deeper mind-matter connections that prevail in scientific communities any nonsense is propagated with harmful effects and no wonder most people in the world are ill or unbalanced or dysfunctional at a deeper level with visible manifestations in behavior and body....
This is basic agronomy.

There have been zillions of studies. P is incorporated in inorganic form in most cases (ironically tropical ecosystems are one of the exceptions - as most of the inorganic P is somewhat locked in the soil so the plants sometimes do have mechanisms to incorporate organic).

I am not going to argue with personal mind experiences. I am just giving you the science. Which from a practical perspective has fed more people than naval gazing.

Location hidden

#60885 Oct 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

By your own admittance you are already damaged in mind, emotions and body.
Yes, given the super-sensitivity of my nervous system, I have been damaged and am being damaged by dealing with perverse humans back here in Mumbai and by my contacts with abnormal human types online but because I know about these finer mind-matter aspects as a matter of direct perception, I simply wish to make public the processes involved based on inter-connected paradigms and nonlocal phenomena and the damaging consequences of the same so that posters can know about this subtle aspect of life that they may have not heard about or have no direct experience with...

Location hidden

#60886 Oct 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cfc.umt.edu/biogeochemistry/Pdfs/R...

go to p 348

I admit - and you are totally correct in questioning me - that I forgot that tropical climates (soils) are different than temperate climates (soils) with regard to nutrient availability. Where I live, P is the enemy, while where you live, you want P.

Location hidden

#60887 Oct 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

This is basic agronomy.

There have been zillions of studies. P is incorporated in inorganic form in most cases (ironically tropical ecosystems are one of the exceptions - as most of the inorganic P is somewhat locked in the soil so the plants sometimes do have mechanisms to incorporate organic).
I know the chemistry involved - in fact, I would know and understand far more about the chemistry part than you would for known reasons - but I am more concerned about the adverse effects of incorporating artificial elements/compounds into living systems...

I can give you plenty of examples from the fields of nutrition, medicine and surgery that're damaging and unbalancing people in mind-body due to the ignorance of deeper effects of artificial substances and harmful frequencies of EM radiations by our scientific experts...

If I enter a mind-matter lab, I can prove many things using my incisive knowledge gained through logic and yogic insights but then Dean Radin, Tom Campbell and other so-called leading mind-matter experts would get jealous of me and of the high success rate of my novel experimental work and would then begin pulling me down due to the the precise co-relations that my experiments and interpretations would bring into the picture...

If you want to stay healthy in mind, emotions and body, one way is to weed out synthetics from your diet since these adversely react with sentient systems at a deeper level that affect mind-body functioning....

Most people in the world are ill or unbalanced in mind, emotions and body for precisely this reason aside from other factors...

All talk about simply feeding people is so pedestrian - if you wish to feed people slaughter tens of millions of bulls, pigs, crows, jackals, rats, human beings, snakes and the like and you'll get a population of high protein types with varying levels of mind-body problems....

What we need to understand is the comprehensive effect of food at the gross and subtle levels of matter and sentience - this would be holistic and more helpful.

Location hidden

#60888 Oct 20, 2013
I am going to meet friends at the Sea Lounge in the Taj. They're continuously texting/phoning me to come over. Bye.

Location hidden

#60889 Oct 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the chemistry involved - in fact, I would know and understand far more about the chemistry part than you would for known reasons - but I am more concerned about the adverse effects of incorporating artificial elements/compounds into living systems...
I can give you plenty of examples from the fields of nutrition, medicine and surgery that're damaging and unbalancing people in mind-body due to the ignorance of deeper effects of artificial substances and harmful frequencies of EM radiations by our scientific experts...
If I enter a mind-matter lab, I can prove many things using my incisive knowledge gained through logic and yogic insights but then Dean Radin, Tom Campbell and other so-called leading mind-matter experts would get jealous of me and of the high success rate of my novel experimental work and would then begin pulling me down due to the the precise co-relations that my experiments and interpretations would bring into the picture...
If you want to stay healthy in mind, emotions and body, one way is to weed out synthetics from your diet since these adversely react with sentient systems at a deeper level that affect mind-body functioning....
Most people in the world are ill or unbalanced in mind, emotions and body for precisely this reason aside from other factors...
All talk about simply feeding people is so pedestrian - if you wish to feed people slaughter tens of millions of bulls, pigs, crows, jackals, rats, human beings, snakes and the like and you'll get a population of high protein types with varying levels of mind-body problems....
What we need to understand is the comprehensive effect of food at the gross and subtle levels of matter and sentience - this would be holistic and more helpful.
You asked about plants, and I responded about plants

And I have been less than impressed by your knowledge. You know how to cut and paste, and ask exam questions, but you always seem to lack the ability to apply. Probably because you never had the real opportunity.

As per the environmental (landscape) effects, I mentioned that early on. I also opinionated that not being so rigid (i.e IPM) is MORE effective in achieving your goals than pursuing ideological purity.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#60890 Oct 20, 2013
oh oh... weŽll see.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#60891 Oct 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever grown bananas?
No, here in Singapore they're ten a penny.

Location hidden

#60892 Oct 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

And I have been less than impressed by your knowledge. You know how to cut and paste, and ask exam questions, but you always seem to lack the ability to apply.
ha ha ha

You can apply knowledge correctly only after mastering the theory of which you know nothing about - you can't even correctly answer questions on oxidation state and redox potentials in Chem and you have the cheek to talk about practical knowledge which is so heavily dependent on the theoretical concepts and calculations. LOL.

You claim to have a doctorate in a "scientific" discipline - LOL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#60893 Oct 20, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
WISHES FOR DEAR HUGH:
1) 1st Wish for dear Hugh - he's transformed from a shemale into a male.
2) 2nd Wish for dear Hugh - he's transformed from ugly black to translucent white or from ugly black to handsome pink (like me).
(smiles)
Joel's WISHES FOR DEAR HUGH:

1) 1st Wish for dear Hugh - he's transformed from a shemale into a male.

2) 2nd Wish for dear Hugh - he's transformed from ugly black to translucent white or from ugly black to handsome pink (like me)

Hugh's wishes for dearest Joel.

1. That Joel no longer gets confused when it comes to differentiating between a REAL MAN i.e. me and shemales and females.

2. As he matures, he comes to learn that there is beauty in every colour and even orthodox rabbis know this. These rabbis are perpetually in BLACK. It certainly cannot be that they HATE the BLACK colour because if they did they would certainly not adorn themselves with it. In thinking about it the whole idea of the rabbis loving BLACK seems bizarre but they do.

3.One of the gifts of being black is the BIG BAMBOO so why in the name of Jesus would I want to change that for the little PINK TICKLER that Joel has?

Am I MAD? Am I a PSYCHOTIC? Am I a JACKASS? NO, NO,NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!

I shall NEVER want to give up my gift for a joke.

Location hidden

#60894 Oct 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

As per the environmental (landscape) effects, I mentioned that early on. I also opinionated that not being so rigid (i.e IPM) is MORE effective in achieving your goals than pursuing ideological purity.
What did I say?

I simply pointed out the dangers of using artificial inputs in farming, medicine or in nutrition because the long term effects of these on our mind-body equation will be bad and besides there are preliminary studies to indicate the dangers of what I just said. I simply went deeper - more into the impact that synthetics can have on sentient systems.

The scientists have still a lot to learn about causal factors of synthetics, EM radiations, medicines, nuclear tech and surgery and the impact they have on deeper levels of nature and being with manifestations as illnesses/imbalances on the surface but often scientists push forward a dangerous agenda for egoistic reasons or because they are funded by vested interests who wish to dump dangerous products/technologies on an unsuspecting public.

Now, go and masturbate as you dream about dear Hugh.

(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Guru 182,073
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,155,777
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Religionthebiglie 51,284
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 49,316
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr moe 98,875
Is Vanessa Hudgens A PORN-STAR ?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Jenny Derin 187
Holiday Greetings 8 hr Scrooge and Cratchit 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance