Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,629
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#60811 Oct 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I buy organic foods at one of the many farmers markets in my city.

I think this is because you live in a semi-rural setup on the outskirts of a city.

Location hidden

#60812 Oct 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

As of the other stuff, if you have to brag about it, how quality can it be, really?
I've told you on many occasions in the past that you know nothing about high quality and luxury living.

You have neither refined tastes nor the means to live a refined material life.

Be happy with what you have and make the best use of it - what you have is on account of your innate capacity.

Location hidden

#60813 Oct 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I bet you eat Pizza Hut more times than you let on to.(But I agree, yuck!)
I have tasted their pizzas at home after ordering from a Pizza Hut nearby when I lived in Cuffe Parade and hated the tste and found the ingredients inferior.

The pizzas of another American chain that has set up shop in Mumbai is the California Pizza Kitchen whose wood fired pizzas are better than the ones made by Pizza Hut but the best thin crust pizzas in Mumbai are to be had at the Trattoria in the Taj Vivanta. Heavenly pizzas.

Location hidden

#60814 Oct 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

What makes someone an elite?
What makes someone a savage - killing, cursing, abusing, aggression, unfairmindedness, exploitation and the like - right?

So, an elite is one who's refined in behavior and expression - fairminded, polite, secular, un-tribal, generous, forgiving, free thinking, creative, intelligent, flexible and so on and in the material sense an elite is someone who has fine taste in art, food, clothes, decors, reading, conversation, ethics and the like...

Location hidden

#60815 Oct 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Isn't "stylish" a subjective term?
Style is both - subjective and objective.

Location hidden

#60816 Oct 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

How does a piece of clothing match your personality?
Clothes are an extension of your personality and the choice of clothes, the way they are worn and the way you carry yourself in the clothes can complement, augment or mar your personality.

Location hidden

#60817 Oct 17, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

If you walk by me with an expensive piece od clothing I look at you as an idiot for wasting your money, the same way I look at those idiots buying furbys.
That's because you have a very rigid, unrefined, non-intellectual and a superficial way of looking at things and confuse the concrete with the abstract and the abstract with the concrete and you also obfuscate the real with the conspiracy and vice versa.

Like everything else in nature and life, money power represents a force of consciousness that confers mastery over matter, life situations and immediate environment and money earned through honest means is to be spent on the good things of life and to help others - if you are overly parsimonious, the force of money gets bottled up and then you face obstacles and even failure in business, life and job.
Gtown71

Grapevine, TX

#60818 Oct 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Vegetarianism - you pluck or harvest produce off a tree/plant/crop without killing it and as known fresh produce grows in place of the plucked off ones like say the re-growth of hair in place of the cut hair and besides you harvest grains after the life force leaves the plant.
Collateral damage - killing of pests arises through the application of chemicals.
Sad.
However, killing of life forms takes place even through the act of cooking, heating water, flooding, torrential rain, drought, earth quakes, volcanic eruptions, predatory habits of carnivorous animals, freezing, wars, capital punishment, walking or coughing.
So, until a higher consciousness-force that is potent enough to abolish death (of every life form) can manifest in the terrestrial nature killing remains part and parcel of life.
However, in man the highest terrestrial forces of consciousness manifest and man can choose his responses and has the capacity to rise to the higher planes of consciousness via ascetic or yogic discipline and in this way man can alter his destiny and even become immortal and invincible with the descent of a higher unifying force like the supramental into his being and can in addition become one with the whole of the universe through an uplifting and unification of his consciousness of the subject with the object kind of union.
If this so-called barbarous entity called G-d made animals to be killed this very G-d also ordered human sacrifices, killing of babies, eating of human flesh, stoning to death gays/adulteresses/disobedient sons, cruelty to slaves and women and murder of people who opposed him or who worshipped a different G-d.
What kind of a G-d is this? LOL.
Violence and killing indicate savagery and lack of the higher power to control and manipulate a situation without resorting to violence or bloodshed.
Transformation via the higher consciousness-force is the key word not killing which is an aspect of an unregenerate power.
So, killing is not the answer to any solution - at least civilized people do not kill fellow human beings and they seek to minimize the destruction of lower life forms as far as possible through the adoption of life-affirming practices like vegetarianism.
Don't you think if there is a God who created all things, that that God can do as that God pleases?

Thankfully, since that God could destroy all life and throw it into Hell, that God chose to step down from Heaven, and walk as a man,but living a perfect life and dying so that that God's creation wouldn't have to, and made His salvation free for All who want it.

Sadly many of this God's creation "believe " they are smarter, than their Creator.

How would you feel about those creatures, if YOU were the one that created them /if you were God?

This shouldn't be hard for you, since you're very intellectual, and seem to know how God should be.

Peace bro.

Location hidden

#60819 Oct 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't you think if there is a God who created all things, that that God can do as that God pleases?
Yes, there exist typal beings on the various planes of cosmic consciousness as revealed to the inner vision by yoga and each of these typal beings calls itself God or Almighty or whatever and fights its rivals and creates enemity in this way.

However, energy, matter, consciousness, laws of nature and self don't require an uncausal extra-cosmic agency to explain their existence or functioning.

On closer examination and as a matter of yogic experience, the self-existent unified field of conscious energy can account for every facet of its own graded manifestation - nature and being.

Intelligence, reflection, decision-making, analysis, intuition, conscience and will inhere in the human grade of consciousness and depending on the degree of evolution of a human being in terms of heredity, karma, learning and employment of the limited free will that's bound up in the mental consciousness, a human being acts and makes choices in life and as a result he either evolves or devolves in keeping with the causation of these aforementioned factors.

The more unevolved in consciousness a human being is the more he veers towards fanaticism, violence, injustice, tribalism, pettiness, killing, rash behavior, exploitation of the weak and so on.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60820 Oct 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant and fabulous!
Your hired as my fashion consultant.
Even if you do wear Lees (better than Jordache)
rabbee: i thought jews, were supposed to wear levites only?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60821 Oct 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
He's very childish in so many ways.
rabbee: well he tries his best, to be a disruption to any discussion.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60823 Oct 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Make that the Sea Lounge in the Taj.
We don't have Walmart in Mumbai.
Pizza Hut - Yuck!
We have supermarkets in the mega malls here but the quality on offer is questionable and much like the shoddy goods offered by Walmart.
I prefer shopping for household stuff at exclusive specialty stores selling organic foods, designer furniture, organic linen, cleaning materials, toiletries and the like - different specialty outlets specialize in stocking different specialty stuff. They have home delivery but I prefer personal visits to these specialty stores.
The quality of the goods on offer in these exclusive specialty stores back here is extremely high and in many cases even better than what is available in the US.
Anyway, you know nothing about high quality or exclusivity.
You can stick to Walmart and garage sales.
LOL.
rabbee: well yeah! they are close to china, where all of the quality cheap stuff is. i don't order, that much from india. but when i do, it is usually stamped made in china or philippines.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60824 Oct 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I cant get past their shoddy quality, their shoddy lighting, their shoddy employment practices, their shoddy help, and their shoddy lines at the check out. If it wasnt for those few things, I would shop there more often. If I need a box store I go to Target, a little bit more in price but a worlds difference on those issues.
rabbee: too much stuff, from india or what?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60825 Oct 17, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel---Non-vegetarianism = mass murder of living creatures
Hugh--- vegetarianism= mass murder of living creatures.
If you disagree my dear Joel please state so and give a detail explanation for your feelings.
rabbee: and a mathematical equation, to prove it.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60826 Oct 17, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
If G-d didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
rabbee: i though most of them, were made out of grass. in a concentrated, vegee factories. and that grass is made out of dirt, in their concentrating dirt factories. so in essence, the physical bodies are all made from physical dirt. so no matter how you look at it, your constantly eating dirt.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60827 Oct 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid reply coming from a fanatic with zero brain power. LOL.
rabbee: hey! you are what you eat, and it is still all made from dirt.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60828 Oct 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tasted their pizzas at home after ordering from a Pizza Hut nearby when I lived in Cuffe Parade and hated the tste and found the ingredients inferior.
The pizzas of another American chain that has set up shop in Mumbai is the California Pizza Kitchen whose wood fired pizzas are better than the ones made by Pizza Hut but the best thin crust pizzas in Mumbai are to be had at the Trattoria in the Taj Vivanta. Heavenly pizzas.
rabbee: was that with or without, sacred peperoni?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#60829 Oct 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Vegetarianism - you pluck or harvest produce off a tree/plant/crop without killing it and as known fresh produce grows in place of the plucked off ones like say the re-growth of hair in place of the cut hair and besides you harvest grains after the life force leaves the plant.
Collateral damage - killing of pests arises through the application of chemicals.
Sad.
However, killing of life forms takes place even through the act of cooking, heating water, flooding, torrential rain, drought, earth quakes, volcanic eruptions, predatory habits of carnivorous animals, freezing, wars, capital punishment, walking or coughing.
So, until a higher consciousness-force that is potent enough to abolish death (of every life form) can manifest in the terrestrial nature killing remains part and parcel of life.
However, in man the highest terrestrial forces of consciousness manifest and man can choose his responses and has the capacity to rise to the higher planes of consciousness via ascetic or yogic discipline and in this way man can alter his destiny and even become immortal and invincible with the descent of a higher unifying force like the supramental into his being and can in addition become one with the whole of the universe through an uplifting and unification of his consciousness of the subject with the object kind of union.
If this so-called barbarous entity called G-d made animals to be killed this very G-d also ordered human sacrifices, killing of babies, eating of human flesh, stoning to death gays/adulteresses/disobedient sons, cruelty to slaves and women and murder of people who opposed him or who worshipped a different G-d.
What kind of a G-d is this? LOL.
Violence and killing indicate savagery and lack of the higher power to control and manipulate a situation without resorting to violence or bloodshed.
Transformation via the higher consciousness-force is the key word not killing which is an aspect of an unregenerate power.
So, killing is not the answer to any solution - at least civilized people do not kill fellow human beings and they seek to minimize the destruction of lower life forms as far as possible through the adoption of life-affirming practices like vegetarianism.
Hugh--- vegetarianism= mass murder of living creatures.

Joel---Vegetarianism - you pluck or harvest produce off a tree/plant/crop without killing it..

Hugh--Really? I am sorry but I could not get beyond the first few words of your vegetable matter. Please try again.

When doing so, please include in your discourse the absence of KILLING of lettuce, cabbage, celery,cauliflower, onion, and things like thyme,garlic, peanuts and peas etc. Tell me about "fresh produce grows in place" of harvested peanuts, garlic etc.

Besides all of the above, fruits plucked off trees DIE. Let me explain. ALL living things GROW and FEED. Now when you pluck an apple in its early stage of development it will DIE. It will NOT do as LIVING things do meaning it will not GROW or FEED. It will wither and DIE.

I am unconditionally guaranteeing you that these things are TRUE.

Please take it from here, dear.

Location hidden

#60830 Oct 17, 2013
You pluck produce off a tree/plant without killing THE TREE/PLANT and as known fresh produce grows on the same tree/plant in place of the plucked off ones. This can be compared to trimming/cutting of hair with hair regrowing in place of the cut hair and besides you harvest grains after the life force leaves the plant.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#60831 Oct 17, 2013
If meat is murder -- are eggs rape?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min sonicfilter 1,144,539
World's Best Photo Art 16 min Mr Invisible 6
ask amy 11-28 25 min RACE 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Guru 180,986
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 56 min Just Saying 54,529
Last Chance! 2 hr Harem 1
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 4 hr Imasport 142
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:07 pm PST