Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
54,701 - 54,720 of 68,833 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Multiple spatio-temporal dimensions? Superstring Theory - 10 dimensions, M Theory - 11 dimensions, Bosonic String Theory - 26 dimensions, F Theory - 12 dimensions. All these are mere speculations.
WOW.

Now I really believe you are a genius. They are mere speculation as the multiverse you were referring to. Sadly as an excuse to cover up your embarassing mistake you have taken that speculation to determinate what kind of system our universe is.

LOL

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: that and his delusion, thinks this is his math class.
Yes.

He's very childish in so many ways.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
Unfortunately, I've spent more time in India in my life than I would have cared to and I'm well acquainted with the way they dress.
Where have you been in India since you've been here so often as per your admission?

Give the details of the places that you've been to.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Non-vegetarianism = mass murder of living creatures.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

BASIS OF ATOM:

"The atom has no physical structure - the emperor has no clothes - atoms are made out of ‘invisible’ energy, not tangible matter”

- Dr Bruce Lipton

(ex-scientist Stanford University, author of "The Biology of Belief" and "Spontaneous Evolution")

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

MATTER - LOW FREQUENCY VIBRATION OF ENERGY:

"What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses..."

- Dr Bruce Lipton

COMMENTS BY DEAREST JOEL:

1) Yes, matter agglomerates like the physical objects we see everywhere around us and our own bodies are concentrated clumps of energy that vibrate at low frequencies that match the frequency of vibration of our physicalized consciousness.

2) Higher the rate of vibration of energy field, subtler is the state of existence of energy and its condensate, matter.

3) Order, disorder, precision, manifestation, dissolution and motive found in energy field and in matter indicate that energy is conscious.

4) Each poise of energy field in terms of its vibrational rate manifests a concomitant degree of order, disorder and motive thereby revealing the various degrees of consciousness that inhere in energy.

5) The entire universe is one big outgrowth or a graded manifestation of different spatio-temporal dimensions of a self-existent absolute conscious energy field.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

CELLULAR SELF-ORGANIZATION & HARMONY"

"Beneath our skin is a bustling metropolis of 50 trillion cells, each of which is biologically and functionally equivalent to a miniature human...

...because cells and human find themselves in similar biological circumstances, it naturally raises the question - how can 50 trillion cells live in harmony and peace while a mere 7 billion people are on the verge of annihilating each other?

....about 700 million years ago, nature reiterated an old strategy to increase awareness: assemble single cell eueukaryotes, into multicellular communities to share awareness and efforts for the mutual benefit of all...\

.....success is measured by how well each organ fulfils its job of co-operating with other systems.

Community by its nature, represents an organisation of individuals who share common interested, attitudes or goals....

Our 50 trillion cells are a model community...

Cellular politics is characterized by:

- unity combined with diversity through which each of the body’s 200 different cell types perform diverse functions for the benefit of the collective whole

- a central intelligence system that co-ordinates all of the body’s physiologic systems with the needs of individual cells

- a healthy balance between beneficial growth systems and occasionally necessary protection systems, both of which consume energy resources

....these principles of unity and diversity, central intelligence, and balance between growth and protection, as expressed within the body, can be applied to the body politic to provide a new, more holistic definition: politics is how we organise, relate and act together to promote the health of the whole of humanity and every individual in it....

....the emphasis is on the awakening of all cellular souls who create a coherent loving field so empowered leaders can be attuned to the healthy central voice of the super-organism that is humanity.

Consequently, the real challenge for the individual is to practice evolution, to learn the lessons of the old stories so we no longer need to repeat them, and to remind ourselves that the critical mass of humanity involved with this evolution will change the world from the inside out. we are living in a positive future, practising Heaven, and designing a bridge across which the whole of humanity will walk.

This is our love story – a universal love story for the entire universe: you, me, everyone, and every living organism too."

- Dr Bruce Lipton

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

DR RUPERT SHELDRAKE - ANOTHER NOTED MIND-MATTER RESEARCHER:

Rupert Sheldrake, one of the world’s most innovative biologists and writers, is best known for his theory of morphic fields and morphic resonance, which leads to a vision of a living, developing universe with its own inherent memory.

He worked in developmental biology at Cambridge University, where he was a Fellow of Clare College. He was then Principal Plant Physiologist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), in Hyderabad, India. From 2005 to 2010 he was Director of the Perrott-Warrick project funded from Trinity College, Cambridge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Going out, shopping. Later. Bye, babies. (smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

RELIGION IN THE WORDS OF SWAMI VIVEKANANDA & COMMENTS BY DEAREST JOEL:

1) "Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man."

1)"Religion is realization; not talk, not doctrine, nor theories, however beautiful they may be. It is being and becoming, not hearing or acknowledging; it is the whole soul becoming changed into what it is."

COMMENTS BY DEAREST JOEL:

a) True words, Swamiji, but Swamiji you have confused the psychic with the self just as the Semitic seers confused the life-breath (vital force) with the psychic.

b) The life-force is a pentuple aspect of the vital conscious energy.

c) The psychic is the sentient self-organizer or the soul in man that stands behind the frontal mental, vital and physical force fields.

d) The psychic is a delegation of the self.

e) The self is the central conscious energy in the individual that's stationed atop the 21st cosmic plane.

f) The self itself is a projection of the supracosmic self.

g) The supracosmic self is a direct line of individualized conscious energy put forth by the absolute filed of conscious energy.

h) The higher force fields beginning from the plane of the Intuition Conscious Energy lie outside the body precisely above the head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

GIST:

"Religion is realization; not talk, not doctrine, nor theories, however beautiful they may be. It is being and becoming, not hearing or acknowledging; it is the whole soul becoming changed into what it is."

- Swami Vivekananda

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

DISEASES IN YOGA:

1) SWAMI VIVEKANANDA suffered from 30 ODD DISEASES ranging from kidney and liver malfunction, diabetes, fitful sleep, heart ailments, migraine and other disease conditions and matters were worsened by his famed egoism and vicious anger -

2) How could all these disease conditions be found in the life of a yogi?

3) These diseases of body and personality defects like anger and egoism indicate that Vivekananda was an immature yogi whose being was untransformed.

4) Vivekananda's narratives reveal that he had ascended to the vital plane and from there to the higher mind and not beyond. His yogic experiences were of the ascending kind and had nothing to do with the dynamic descent of the force field of any subtle plane of conscious energy.

5) However, in any mode of yoga - ascent or descent - the yogi's force fields and subconscient get excited and open up to the universal play of the forces and this aside there take place several attacks engineered by the hostile force/beings of the vital plane of cosmic conscious energy. Both these effects aggravate the mind-body forces causing great strain and pain and diseases in the mind and body of the yogi.

6) There are 2 ways to overcome these difficulties that arise during the course of the yogic experiences:

A) Descent of the vital conscious energy into the body that quietens and vitalizes the forces of the body and of the frontal mind which is a range of the true mind force infused in vital and in matter. Everything quietens down and is controlled by the vital force. This is well and nice but has its own set of difficulties and does not result in transformation of being-body nor in invincibility. Vitalization can introduce physical immortality but not bodily invincibility nor can it give rise to the next species which is the supramental being beyond the mental being who is man.

B) Descent of the supramental conscious energy into the body and into the frontal personality of mind, vital and matter which dissolves adverse vibrations and introduces the higher unification principle of the supramental range into the lower vehicles. At a later stage, the process of supramentalization confers immortality and invincibility on the body and causes the body itself to atrophy its own organ systems and external structure and puts into place activated force centers of the supermind.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
Unfortunately, I've spent more time in India in my life than I would have cared to and I'm well acquainted with the way they dress.
Arguing fashion with an Indian is like discussing the finer points of curry-making with an Eskimo.
I think your statement can be broadened

Arguing _______ with an Indian is like discussing the finer points of curry-making with an Eskimo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point in bringing up a 2010 article is?..
In a statement today, Paul insists that his
lack of certification form the mainstream
ABO -- and his establishment of the NBO --
is a principled stand in response to the
ABO 's "decision to grandfather in the older
ophthalmologists and not require them to
recertify ."
I do find it amusing that you actually consider relevance (the date) when I step on a sacred cow, but yet you habitually ignore relevance in just about every other post you make (Still fighting the good fight against healthcare in Idaho????)

Paul's explanation is weak. He obviously lacks the ability to play in a sandbox, which would be fine if he wasnt a practicing member of a skilled profession which serves the public.

Later articles noted he is a self professed expert in cataract surgery - which is usually subsidized by medicaid - making this all the more IRONIC.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Going out, shopping. Later. Bye, babies.(smiles)
Have fun at the Dollar Store.

Do you have Pizza Hut in your Walmarts too?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear here, American Board of Ophthalmology is a private, not government organization.
The idea behind a more Libertarian government is not to eliminate government (that is anarchy). However, there are limits to what a government can and should provide to it's people. Both fiscal and moral limits. The idea behind Libertarianism is to increasingly allow the private sector to provide public services better and cheaper than can be done by the public sector.
Some people inherently don't trust private organizations to serve the public trust. But, I'd speculate an equal and growing number of people don't trust the public sector to serve the public trust as well.
I'm more than willing to discuss the pros and cons of Libertarian philosophy if we eliminate conspiracy theory and communist plots from the rhetoric (that part isn't aimed at you, Mr Bean)
Understood.

The issue about Rand Paul wasnt about government, it was about trust. The article exposes him for the charlatan he is(was), which detracts from his credibility in his other walks of life. That was a lousy preamble from the author.

I have known more than a few govt or ex govt employees who profess to have (some) libertarian views. They tell me its a reaction from working in government, and being that I had a brief taste of that years ago, I can relate.

I think one thing we all can be in agreement is that the Tea Party is not libertarian nor politically conservative. I see the masses as rooted in ethnic identity politics (origins as white, male, southern culture) and their more vocal leaders such as Cruz and Bachman as typical politicians (i.e. opportunistic).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you have Pizza Hut in your Walmarts too?
Make that the Sea Lounge in the Taj.

We don't have Walmart in Mumbai.

Pizza Hut - Yuck!

We have supermarkets in the mega malls here but the quality on offer is questionable and much like the shoddy goods offered by Walmart.

I prefer shopping for household stuff at exclusive specialty stores selling organic foods, designer furniture, organic linen, cleaning materials, toiletries and the like - different specialty outlets specialize in stocking different specialty stuff. They have home delivery but I prefer personal visits to these specialty stores.

The quality of the goods on offer in these exclusive specialty stores back here is extremely high and in many cases even better than what is available in the US.

Anyway, you know nothing about high quality or exclusivity.

You can stick to Walmart and garage sales.

LOL.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood.
The issue about Rand Paul wasnt about government, it was about trust. The article exposes him for the charlatan he is(was), which detracts from his credibility in his other walks of life. That was a lousy preamble from the author.
I have known more than a few govt or ex govt employees who profess to have (some) libertarian views. They tell me its a reaction from working in government, and being that I had a brief taste of that years ago, I can relate.
I think one thing we all can be in agreement is that the Tea Party is not libertarian nor politically conservative. I see the masses as rooted in ethnic identity politics (origins as white, male, southern culture) and their more vocal leaders such as Cruz and Bachman as typical politicians (i.e. opportunistic).
The Tea Party is, despite their characterization in the press, a grass roots movement born out of a reaction to the bad economy and the concept of government overspending. They are not organized around Libertarian philosophy but there are areas where their messages overlap.

The problem isn't with the Tea Party, or with the Democrats, or with the Republicans but with the system that sustains them all. When polled, even Tea Party members balk at cutting programs like Social Security and others that benefit them personally and that, I believe, is the reason that the system we have now is the one will be have for the foreseeable future.

Alexis de Tocqueville, a keen observer of the nascent American experiment said it best when predicting the future of the democratic state.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

I don't think anyone can disagree that day has been reached.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Make that the Sea Lounge in the Taj.
We don't have Walmart in Mumbai.
Pizza Hut - Yuck!
We have supermarkets in the mega malls here but the quality on offer is questionable and much like the shoddy goods offered by Walmart.
I prefer shopping for household stuff at exclusive specialty stores selling organic foods, designer furniture, organic linen, cleaning materials, toiletries and the like - different specialty outlets specialize in stocking different specialty stuff. They have home delivery but I prefer personal visits to these specialty stores.
The quality of the goods on offer in these exclusive specialty stores back here is extremely high and in many cases even better than what is available in the US.
Anyway, you know nothing about high quality or exclusivity.
You can stick to Walmart and garage sales.
LOL.
Its sad that you are so urbanized and removed from your roots that you have to shop in "exclusive specialty stores selling organic foods". I buy organic foods at one of the many farmers markets in my city.

As of the other stuff, if you have to brag about it, how qulaity can it be, really?

I bet you eat Pizza Hut more times than you let on to.(But I agree, yuck!)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party is, despite their characterization in the press, a grass roots movement born out of a reaction to the bad economy and the concept of government overspending. They are not organized around Libertarian philosophy but there are areas where their messages overlap.
The problem isn't with the Tea Party, or with the Democrats, or with the Republicans but with the system that sustains them all. When polled, even Tea Party members balk at cutting programs like Social Security and others that benefit them personally and that, I believe, is the reason that the system we have now is the one will be have for the foreseeable future.
Alexis de Tocqueville, a keen observer of the nascent American experiment said it best when predicting the future of the democratic state.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
I don't think anyone can disagree that day has been reached.
I dont get how one can say the public is being bribed. We get value for the services that the government provides. Case in point - the 24? billion dollar hit and disruption to our economy by the fruitless antics of the lunatics in congress.

I see no problems with the system that cant be finer tuned. No need to throw it out.

Biggest concern from the TP is the debt. But it is falling, so this is really a non-issue.

Tea Party is not a grass roots movement. If it was, it wouldnt be based within the Republican Party. Occupy Wall Street was a grass roots movement - it had no ties to the Dems or the Repubs other than theoretical alliances in certain views.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min flack 1,095,088
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 176,658
The military manual on taking you out during ci... 13 min Dan Sanchez 1
Give Up Your Police State or Live Under It 21 min Dan Sanchez 1
Ron Paul: Mission Creep in Iraq...and Missouri! 29 min Ron Paul Institute 1
Internment Camps: U. S. Government Field Manual 43 min Gary North Videos 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 57 min Nono 3,894
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,731
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••