Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
54,681 - 54,700 of 68,441 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Honestly, I had no idea they still sold Jordache jeans. (they do according to google) That was a joke from my middle school years.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And it doesn't matter, the Whitehouse was out promoting free health insurance, and lets face it, those idiots on public assistance think that everything is free.
The poor have had free health care for many decades. All they need to do is walk into any emergency room at any hospital, and thy get their medical care free. The downside (for all of us) is that by doing so, they clog the emergency system with non-emergency needs - or, far worse - they wait until a minor problem really IS an emergency situation, and then their free treatment ends up costing thousands of dollars more.
Giving them a single payer plan with preventative care would be cheaper...

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Honestly, I had no idea they still sold Jordache jeans.(they do according to google) That was a joke from my middle school years.
Truth be told -- when I do wear jeans, they're Levis. There's just something about that name that appeals to me.
Voluntarist

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Liam R wrote:
From waaaaaayyyyyyyy back on 11 Oct...
<quoted text>
Individuals can, groups cannot.
What types of groups?
Voluntarist

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor have had free health care for many decades. All they need to do is walk into any emergency room at any hospital, and thy get their medical care free. The downside (for all of us) is that by doing so, they clog the emergency system with non-emergency needs - or, far worse - they wait until a minor problem really IS an emergency situation, and then their free treatment ends up costing thousands of dollars more.
Giving them a single payer plan with preventative care would be cheaper...
And would also give government too much control.
nutjobs here

Kfar Saba, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with my assertions about Zionist control of key global institutions? I can back up my claims with proof and strong leads just as it can easily be shown that the bible preaches evil.
You claim to be able to back up what you say but never seem to actually back it up or give any real information.

First you have to define Zionism.

According to the definition of Zionism it is one who basically supports Israels right to exist. So do you include everyone who supports Israels right to exist in your global conspiracy?

Next prove that those you consider "in control" are actually Zionists and in control. You also have to show how those with totally opposite agendas are working together. What makes these people more Zionist than something else possibly political outlook.

For someone who loves to portray himself as genius you seem to be thinking too much and lost your way or just full of hate seemingly based on ignorance.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Dr. Paul: Not board-certified, but self-certified

http://www.salon.com/2010/06/14/rand_2/

Libertarian ideology rejects most of the modern regulatory systems that protect consumers, because everyone should be responsible for determining whether the hamburger contains E. coli on his own. But does that do-it-yourself dogma apply to the regulation of medicine, too? If you’re Dr. Rand Paul, practicing ophthalmologist, the answer is emphatically yes.

According to an amusing story in today’s Louisville Courier-Journal, the Kentucky Republican Senate candidate bills himself as a “board-certified” physician even though he is not actually certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology — the only recognized body that certifies doctors in his specialty......

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Libertarian ideology rejects most of the modern regulatory systems that protect consumers, because everyone should be responsible for determining whether the hamburger contains E. coli on his own. But does that do-it-yourself dogma apply to the regulation of medicine, too? If you’re Dr. Rand Paul, practicing ophthalmologist, the answer is emphatically yes.
According to an amusing story in today’s Louisville Courier-Journal, the Kentucky Republican Senate candidate bills himself as a “board-certified” physician even though he is not actually certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology — the only recognized body that certifies doctors in his specialty......
Just to be clear here, American Board of Ophthalmology is a private, not government organization.

The idea behind a more Libertarian government is not to eliminate government (that is anarchy). However, there are limits to what a government can and should provide to it's people. Both fiscal and moral limits. The idea behind Libertarianism is to increasingly allow the private sector to provide public services better and cheaper than can be done by the public sector.

Some people inherently don't trust private organizations to serve the public trust. But, I'd speculate an equal and growing number of people don't trust the public sector to serve the public trust as well.

I'm more than willing to discuss the pros and cons of Libertarian philosophy if we eliminate conspiracy theory and communist plots from the rhetoric (that part isn't aimed at you, Mr Bean)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Your point in bringing up a 2010 article is?..

In a statement today, Paul insists that his
lack of certification form the mainstream
ABO -- and his establishment of the NBO --
is a principled stand in response to the
ABO 's "decision to grandfather in the older
ophthalmologists and not require them to
recertify ."
" I thought this was hypocritical and unjust
for the older ophthalmologists to exempt
themselves from the recertification exam."

Why start a new certifying board?
Slembarski explained that in 1992 , the
American Board of Ophthalmology -- the
established certification board -- had
instituted new rules requiring that eye
doctors re- certify every ten years. But it was
legally barred from requiring recertification
from doctors who had been certified before
'92 . In the ensuing years , that caused anger
among younger ophthalmologists, who now
were subject to a time- consuming process
that their older competitors would be
spared .
A 2004 article in an online ophthalmology
journal expresses some of these frustrations
with ABO, and notes: "[ T] here are other
organizations out there that are willing and
able to have you take a test to be board -
certified , such as the online test that is
offered by the NBO. The NBO 's test is
cheaper and far more appealing to the
younger ophthalmologists with a time-
limited certification . "

You are the biggest gay loser!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- I have designer suits that cost US$1000.00 or approximately and other designer clothes.

LOL.

Joel---Which designer?

Hugh---Versace Collections, as one example.

Joel---Does any self-respecting designer sell a suit as low as
$ 1000? LOL.

Hugh--- It seems that your knowledge is not based on ACTUAL experience.

Joel---Are your suits pret or haute?

Hugh--- See above
ha ha ha

You don't know the difference between pret and haute.

You have picked up a low costing pret Versace suit in a year end sale or something like that.

What you're referring to is low end pret - the pick one off the rack.

Versace haute couture costs tens of thousands of dollars and to order a haute Versace suit you'll have to fly into one of their leading salons located in Rome, Milan, or London where they create their haute stuff.

Pret is cheap but not so cheap at times and depends on the designer and the piece of clothing up for sale in their pret outlets around the world.

I am referring to haute couture and nothing else and yes the top end brands charge tens of thousands of dollars for an exclusive haute wear suit with accessories.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Multiple spatio-temporal dimensions? Superstring Theory - 10 dimensions, M Theory - 11 dimensions, Bosonic String Theory - 26 dimensions, F Theory - 12 dimensions. All these are mere speculations.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
You have picked up a low costing pret Versace suit in a year end sale or something like that.
Versace haute couture costs tens of thousands of dollars and to order a haute Versace suit you'll have to fly into one of their leading salons located in Rome, Milan, or London where they create their haute stuff.
Pret is cheap but not so cheap at times and depends on the designer and the piece of clothing up for sale in their pret outlets around the world.
I am referring to haute couture and nothing else and yes the top end brands charge tens of thousands of dollars for an exclusive haute wear suit with accessories.
What are you trying to prove by buying overpriced pieces of thread?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

So, haute and pret-a-porter aren't mutually exclusive.
That's a contradiction.

Are you saying that pret is the same as haute? LOL.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, most designers have a pret line but the big money is in haute couture which is the mainstay stay of the top designers.

The top end designers look down on their own pret lines and are embarrassed to talk about pret and say factory produced clothes are made to satiate the desires of the fashion-hungry masses for designer wear.

Fashion designers take pride in haute couture.

Stick to cheap street clothes. It suits your budget and style. LOL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
Joel---You have picked up a low costing pret Versace suit in a year end sale or something like that.

Hugh--- Go and do likewise so at least you shall also have one.

Much love from sweet Hugh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---This strategy of slowly moving up the market in terms of volume of sales and popularity does not work with the high end haute couture designers. They are well established and anything new they produce has that stamp of class and high quality and sells out fast.

Hugh--- Do you understand your words i.e. "They are well established "? I am talking about quality that is just emerging from an unknown.
I can't discuss haute couture with people who have never worn a haute wear outfit and who know nothing about haute.

For the last time I am telling you that a top fashion designer would face no difficulty in selling a new range of products if he so desires to enter the market for the new range of products.

I have personally seen this happening time and again.

There's hardly any advertising and everything is high quality and discreet and the moment the new product is launched it sells out and establishes itself among the leading products in its category and faces no problems provided consistency in terms of innovation and high quality are the new product's hallmarks and it's always seen that designers go out of their way to bring in unique traits and consistent high quality in a new product they seek to launch in elite circles.

Anyway, take care.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't discuss haute couture with people who have never worn a haute wear outfit and who know nothing about haute.
For the last time I am telling you that a top fashion designer would face no difficulty in selling a new range of products if he so desires to enter the market for the new range of products.
There's hardly any advertising and everything is high quality and discreet and the moment the new product is launched it sells out and establishes itself among the leading products in its category and faces no problems provided consistency in terms of innovation and high quality are the new product's hallmarks and it's always seen that designers go out of their way to bring in unique traits and consistent high quality in a new product they seek to launch in elite circles.
Anyway, take care.
Joel---For the last time I am telling you that a top fashion designer would face no difficulty in selling a new range of products if he so desires to enter the market for the new range of products

Hugh-- Joel everyone knows that. The top fashion designer is a BRAND in himself or herself. Get it? Of course not and that is why you keep on repeating something that nobody is disputing.

So for the last time I shall say. A new brand from a new designer or maker can be of superior QUALITY to ALL existing brands but will not have the brand recognition of the top brands.

Please sit and meditate upon these things.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, take care.
Please don't forget to update me on the results of the 2 experiments.

Love you,

Hugh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

What are you trying to prove by buying overpriced pieces of thread?
I am trying to prove nothing.

Haute is natural to me.

I have been wearing haute couture from a very young age courtesy my extra-stylish and extremely good looking late parents.

Haute is worn to special occasions like weddings, parties, restaurants, exclusive private dos or at times to business meetings and yes haute wear is far more expensive when compared to pret lines.

I am not trying to prove anything by wearing the haute stuff - it's natural to me since I was a toddler.

In fact, I own more pret these days than haute couture outfits.

To get a good haute suit, for example, I would have to fly to Milan, London, Rome or Paris where the main clothes salons of the top end fashion designers are located. This is tedious and so unless the occasions is extra-special one does not fly abroad to the top-end fashion salons for a unique or exclusive made-to-measure suit and then they have these fitting sessions for which one has to fly into their salon again. This is time consuming and tedious. The final product is dispatched by private courier to your address but it's so much trouble for the designer and for the client to make so many trips to the designer's salon in say Paris or Milan.

So, it's better to stick to local haute couturiers like say Shahab Durazi who're as good as their Western counterparts and better in some ways.

Wearing clothes that match my personality, taste and style is as natural as having a haircut.

Not everyone can carry off high fashion clothes especially the haute stuff - you should know how to carry yourself, have a great body, know almost everything about etiquette and table-wear/table manners and have sufficient intelligence to carry on a brilliant conversation in elite circles that does justice to your super clothes, otherwise it becomes a bland exercise in showing off and the person is overshadowed by the fine clothes and often becomes a laughing stock.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Later. Bye.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Unfortunately, I've spent more time in India in my life than I would have cared to and I'm well acquainted with the way they dress.

Arguing fashion with an Indian is like discussing the finer points of curry-making with an Eskimo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-31 2 min edogxxx 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min DDDD-25 45,895
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min flack 1,083,814
Why We will Go to War with Russia 7 min Exactly right 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,144
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min truthrconsequences 49,014
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 min Chicagobunny 1,869
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,578
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE