Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
54,381 - 54,400 of 68,371 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are only a mooch when you take more than what is stolen from you.
a lot of rhetoric. Doesnt change the fact you are a mooch.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause you never responded. The post from Frijoles talked about a statement regarding OTHER cheap or free options via community health centers, NOT The ACA. So what? What part of that statement is not true?
And it doesn't matter, the Whitehouse was out promoting free health insurance, and lets face it, those idiots on public assistance think that everything is free.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Yawn. Posters routinely debating banality like politics and laws and taxes have an IQ of 34. LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

and now you are neither irritable nor ill
These days:

Irritable - no.

Ill - These days I am ill for reasons other than food allergies brought on by eating non-veg foods as the time when I was a baby.

(since a few days the symptoms have disappeared after the last trace of the force connection with someone was cut off by me).

Cheers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And it doesn't matter, the Whitehouse was out promoting free health insurance, and lets face it, those idiots on public assistance think that everything is free.
Sure. Lets ignore the facts again. Not impressive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Hugh,

Where are you, Mon?

I miss you...

(smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I travel on roads that my ancestors help build and pay for, and I contribute in maintenance by these excessive gas taxes.
Federal income tax has little to nothing to do with roads.
Nice try beavis
Doofus, local roads programs are heavily subsidized by the feds. Who do you think replaces all those local bridges? And why do you think the state roads (the numbered roads) all conform to fed standards?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I travel on roads that my ancestors help build and pay for, and I contribute in maintenance by these excessive gas taxes.
Federal income tax has little to nothing to do with roads.
Nice try beavis
I'm sure your ancestors didn't build those roads out of the goodness of their heart. They were built by laborers who were paid for their services. And who commissioned the work? Oh yea, that's right, government. And where did the money to pay them come from? Oh yea, that's right, taxes.

And are you seriously saying that CT doesn't receive Federal highway funds or Federal Emergeny funds to help pay for the maintenance of these roads? Are you that out of touch with reality, butthead?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They were simply stating facts. It's Idiots like you that drew the link between the ACA and free healthcare claims. Nice try, though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Hugh,

Since you're not up to the mark where a deep discussion on mind-matter is concerned, why don't you post a few quotes from the NT for discussion?

I'll try and relate the essence of the quotes from the New Testament to mind-matter.

For instance, there are around 3 or 4 quotes on nondualism attributed to Jesus in the NT. Quote them and we can open up a discussion on the mind-matter principles of nondualism or monism.

Of course, there exist a gradation where nondualism is concerned.

Nondualism is absent in the Tanach and Quran.

These books - Tanach and Quran - are based on the lower stage of dualism where the subject is eternally separate from the object which then gives the impression of an extra-cosmic G-d and of creation from nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

No taxes, no public utilities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Wasteful expenditure - Most taxes pocketed by governments go into funding weapons' research, arming militaries with state of the art weapons, maintaining a huge weapons inventory, fighting wars abroad, giving away huge sums in charity to unworthy nations, giving away large sums to the poor (welfare) or spending the money on luxuries and VIP security measures. Hardly anything is pumped into maintaining or modernizing or building new infrastructure or propping up medical and educational facilities or in creating new job opportunities or in helping small scale businesses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
And are you seriously saying that CT doesn't receive Federal highway funds or Federal Emergeny funds to help pay for the maintenance of these roads? Are you that out of touch with reality, butthead?
Yes.

I cant drive more then 2 miles in this city without passing a construction project, usually a bridge reconstruction but sometimes a roadway realignment, that is being funded in part from a federal grant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Taxes should be minimal and well spent on constructive endeavors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Subsidies should be aimed only at the poorest sections of society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Equality is not the law of nature but governments should lay emphasis on equal opportunities for all irrespective of race, gender, socio-economic status, sexual orientation and creed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be willing to bet that you are on HUSKY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

The public infrastructure and public utilities in the US rank among the worst in the first world nations. The US looks like a polished slum with ghettos of various communities lacking character, culture, good breeding and the higher values dotting its landscape. In some ways, the salad bowl effect seen in large American metros or megapolises are too jarring to the finer sensibilities and the worst of each lot constituting the salad bowl is on display. Shame. Europe and Asia are far better in most ways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

In the US, aside from a handful of talented individuals found in STEM subjects who're mostly foreign born or second generation immigrants, the education system in the US is pathetic. Their professionals and students (even at the grad level) lack basic skills and have a poor grasp on the fundamentals. What a shame.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

The future belongs to Europe and Asia especially the latter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 7 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••