Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
54,261 - 54,280 of 68,374 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where you lacking.
Chicago has one of the strictest gun control laws and it is the crime capital of the US.
One could just as easily argue that it could be worse, had it not been for those laws

Anyhow, crime "capital" is ranked indicator - totally inappropriate to link to another ranked indicator ("strictest")- that violates just about every use of statistics

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about January 2014 premiums
So am I. The open enrollment period has begun at my company and my premiums and deductibles remain the same for 2014. First time that's happened in recent memory. Oops. So much for that talking point.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to talk about something that hasnt happened yet, doofus
though, considering that health care costs have been dropping over the last few years, one COULD make the case that the premiums will go down, or at least remain flat.
I guess you aren't one of those that got notice in the mail.

Btw my friend checked out the so called exchange, same price.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
So am I. The open enrollment period has begun at my company and my premiums and deductibles remain the same for 2014. First time that's happened in recent memory. Oops. So much for that talking point.
How much is you company pitching in?

I know a few entrepreneurs, theirs went up.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
One could just as easily argue that it could be worse, had it not been for those laws
Anyhow, crime "capital" is ranked indicator - totally inappropriate to link to another ranked indicator ("strictest")- that violates just about every use of statistics
In contrast the least restrictive cities have much less crime.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is you company pitching in?
I know a few entrepreneurs, theirs went up.
Same percentage as always. That never changes for us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened was that the ACA set standards for coverage, and those people, primarily those who werent enrolled in group insurance (i.e. individuals, and small business) found themselves dropped because the carriers decided to discontinue their plans rather than increase coverage. The recourse is to go to the exchange, and pay a bit more, but have more coverage.

If your friend got same price - he is ahead of the game

A few days ago, because of your post, I went on the CT exchange and what I found was decent deals. Not great deals, but not bad deals either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
In contrast the least restrictive cities have much less crime.
Sure, might as well perpetuate the statistical fallacy a second time

Are you retarded?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I get my insurance through my spouse, who has group rates thru her corporation. They dont fck around, so the coverage met the ACA standards, and therefore, nothing really changes. We havent been offered the 2014 rates yet, but the company did say they were not throwing the workers onto the exchanges.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

That would be a funny comment if I didnt think it was sad that you arent properly medicated.
Why, anything wrong with those observations when these things are known facts about life in the US?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Chicago has one of the strictest gun control laws and it is the crime capital of the US.

I am aware of this fact.

It's such a paradox.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

FRIENDS, ROMANS, COUNTRYMEN,

Lend me your ears (not your rears)...(LOL)

In a day or two, I will be presenting hard scientific proof about paranormal phenomena by quoting from the research findings of mainstream scientists involved in mind-matter research...

A lot of research in Psi phenomena has been and is being undertaken by mainstream scientists around the world and universities, governments and military establishments are actively funding these novel projects.

The scientists measure, experiment and theorize on mind-matter and psi phenomena and employ Eastern Mysticism (Vedanta and Buddhism) as the basis.

Major research is being conducted on this profound subject that exceeds the narrow confines of crass materialistic scientific thinking based on reductionist paradigms whose life is long since over in the light of logical conclusions and research findings in mind-matter at Princeton, MIT, Stanford and other elite centers of higher learning.

I will post a link on a Psi finding backed by scientific data and add a few observations, if need be, at the end of each article/research paper.

Please participate in this exercise by making intelligent comments to take the exciting discussion forward.

Hard materialists are in for a big shock and religious nuts, creationists and Satan worshippers see their cherished beliefs based on some typal called G-d blown away.

Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Does HUGH like eating his soup hot? Hugh, do you know what's to be eaten in a soup, whether hot, cold, thin or thick?

Remember, Mon, you eat a soup, you don't drink it.

Which is your favorite soup?

(smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

HUGH,

In what kind of tableware is a consomme - a thin, clear soup - served?

(smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

hmmm bagels are so pedestrian...

(grins)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Croissants score over bagels.

(smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Pronunciation:

croissant - croo-aah-son(t)

ha ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

A local mohel and dearest Joel are soon entering into the profitable business of selling chopped off foreskins gathered during brit milah ceremonies...LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Bye, going out. (smiles)
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Croissants score over bagels.
(smiles)
Let's see. On one hand we have your subjective personal opinion that you favor croissants. And, you are entitled to that opinion.

On the other hand we have the nutritionists that tell us that the calories in croissants largely come from fat while the calories in bagels come from carbs. There are nutritionists that favor a high carb low fat diet. I personally enjoy a half, high fiber bagel made with whole grains with a light cream cheese. I haven't seen a high fiber or whole grain croissant yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,079,691
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,784
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Terry rigsby 48,895
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min scirocco 67,932
How to install windows 8 32 min beeann 1
Amy 7-24 38 min loose cannon 20
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 174,601
Abby 7-24 9 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE