Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71939 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#60218 Oct 11, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter that it was a case of mistaken identity, being belligerent isn't deserving of a gun to the face otherwise the dmv workers would have them in their faces daily.
case of mistaken identity? Why are you being stingy with the details. If they mistook you for a dangerous perp, then sounds like it was justified.

Location hidden

#60219 Oct 11, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Black water was the because of government.
It was govt. outsourcing to the free market. A colossal failure. Some things are best left to the govt.

Location hidden

#60220 Oct 11, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So the only difference is that there are tweaked death panels?
The difference is that everyone gets insurance, with no pre-existing exclusions and no lifelong caps. That alone is huge.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60221 Oct 11, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So the only difference is that there are tweaked death panels?
Correct. Death panels, metaphorically speaking of course, are not a new consequence of ACA.

Location hidden

#60222 Oct 11, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So its not necessary for government to support ethics and morals?
Government is relationships. Laws implement policy. To the extent certain policies are influenced by ethics and morals of the originators, then government supports certain ethics and morals. But it is not a necessary pre-condition, hence the separation of church and state. You can get ethics and morals from Sesame Street just as easy as from your version of the bible.

Location hidden

#60223 Oct 11, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter that it was a case of mistaken identity, being belligerent isn't deserving of a gun to the face otherwise the dmv workers would have them in their faces daily.
Being belligerent is usually not the smartest conduct with a police officer. You reap what you sow.

Location hidden

#60224 Oct 11, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Tangentially, on this topic, have you been hearing the bat-shit crazy stuff coming from Michelle "End-of-times" Bachman and Justice Antonin "the-devil-is-a-real-pers on" Scalia?
Scali
New stuff?

Scalia is hopeless. Cant wait until he gets busted in a restroom somewhere practicing his "wide stance".

Bachman is a cartoon.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60225 Oct 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't rape her. G-d made me do it. Like I said, a perverted idea of marriage.
rabbee: well guess who is in charge, of all the devils also? or are you one of those, that believe. the devil does not have to obey, G-D'S commands to thru them to all the devils?

and you still miss the point, that the woman must agree. and the few times this has happened, means it must be some special woman. and that G-D has already guided, the man and the woman to this point. it is not a random event, but a pre-planned event to take place.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60226 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Election fraud causes crooks to be elected to power.
rabbee: no need for election fraud, as long as the voters pray to: our father in washington, give us this day our daily hand outs from the hard worker to the lazy.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60227 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Democracy is veiled autocracy.
rabbee: and what makes you think, there are any democracies left in this whole world? if you even call the united states a democracy today, then you are a liar also.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60228 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Who are the so-called chosen people - the Japanese? The Zoroastrians? The Hindus? The Jews? The Christians? The Muslims? The Sikhs?- funnily, each religious group attempts to consider itself the "chosen people" by quoting its scripture or on account of egoism - an exercise in delusion and self-destruction.
rabbee: is there any particular reason, you left out joelanity?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60229 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Scientific research has proven that a global flood never took place and that Noah is a mythical character. LOL.
rabbee: well i guess, this is the reason. the world is going to have to scientifically watch, the water go pasteurize again in reproof.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60230 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Scholars believe that Noah was based on the mythical Mesopotamian figure Utnapishtim, who survived a Great Flood by building a boat and was promoted to Godhood for surviving. LOL.
rabbee: are these the same scholars, who think that obama is a good president? or the same scholars who claim, there is not proof that the pharaoh, had Moshe's name obliterated from every obelisk and tablet in egypt?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60231 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Religion is for retards and this G-d is worshipped by characterless perverts.
rabbee: well so far i am not impressed, with the main retard of your religion of joelanity either. your just jealous, that you can't get as many worshipers as obama.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60232 Oct 11, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So aren't people able to he moral and ethical without a government?
rabbee: well that is dependent on how, immoral your government actually is. the more immoral they are, the least likely is your chance escaping from them.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60233 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
I used the popular phrase - "law of the jungle" to imply a lawless society where might is right.
rabbee: nah! depends on how much G-D, likes you. so joel your better off, with an idol government.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60234 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, Mon?
Do you think Eric is intelligent?
I think he's low down the intelligence scale.
rabbee: well so far the only expert witness, to your intelligence is you!
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60235 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh the Humo,
Enough of that religious nonsense.
I want you to define SECULARISM and INTELLIGENCE so that we can debate these terms seriously and raise the pathetic moral and intellectual standards here.
Thanks.
rabbee: intelligence - the ability to possess data religiously aquired. without the stipulation of it being true or not.

secularism - the possession of true and false data, to your own vain liking or disliking religiously ignoring G-D.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60236 Oct 11, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
CONCLUSION:
Government is not independent of human beings. Human mind conceptualizes laws, policies, regulations and infrastructure and implements these to form the government. Honest governance is also all about human personality traits. So, in the final analysis, government, laws, infrastructure and governance are all human constructs. No human beings, none of the above-mentioned entities or constructs can come into existence. Everything in life is a construct of mind-matter in operation.
rabbee: so that is what you accuse the subtle talking critters as - human???... when that is not, what G-D said they are.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#60237 Oct 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest, go back to my definition of intelligence as I am not inclined to keep repeating the same thing.
In terms of secularism, it is the separation of religion from all areas of life except where it belongs i.e. in churches, mosque, temples, synagogues etc.
rabbee: it is not separating yourself from any religion. it is a religion of men without G-D, and it's called atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,232,807
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Dale 189,874
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Mothra 53,517
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 42 min Michael Satterfield 99,542
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr James 51,766
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
abby 5-25-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]