Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,708)

Showing posts 54,141 - 54,160 of65,120
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Bye, going out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

typo

How the knowledge gained from this direct perception of events and outcomes from a subtle state of consciousness IS EMPLOYED will depend on the character and aim of the seer.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
But she's so HOT!
You know, that comment propelled me to google up some of her pictures to see what your fuss was about, and I dont think I am any better for that.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>You know, that comment propelled me to google up some of her pictures to see what your fuss was about, and I dont think I am any better for that.
What can I say? I got a thing for Jewish gals.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
What can I say? I got a thing for Jewish gals.
Kind of ironic considering all the Asian women near by.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So aren't people able to he moral and ethical without a government?
What does that have to do with the post I was responding to?

But since you asked, there are humanists of all ideological bents. Many are libertarians. I'm not because I believe government, based on secular ideals of fairness, justice and equality, can be used as a force for good with the right checks and balances in place. Government is what we make it. Don't like it? Then make it better.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

CONCLUSION:

Government is not independent of human beings. Human mind conceptualizes laws, policies, regulations and infrastructure and implements these to form the government. Honest governance is also all about human personality traits. So, in the final analysis, government, laws, infrastructure and governance are all human constructs. No human beings, none of the above-mentioned entities or constructs can come into existence. Everything in life is a construct of mind-matter in operation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Humo,

Where are you, Mon?

(smiles)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, Mon?
Do you think Eric is intelligent?
I think he's low down the intelligence scale.
Joel----Eric has the IQ of a 5 year old, the mind of a fanatic and the morals of a criminal. Shameless pervert.

Hugh--I disagree only with the IQ part of your observation.

Joel--What do you mean, Mon?

Hugh-- It means that I agree with 3 out of your 4 observations about Eric. Specifically, I agree with you that he has the mind of a fanatic,has the morals of a criminal and is a shameless pervert.

Joel--Do you think Eric is intelligent?

Hugh--- Yes in the normal usage of the word. However, it is a FACT that he lacks WISDOM and more importantly INTEGRITY.

Joel--I think he's low down the intelligence scale.

Hugh--- Opinion is noted.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh the Humo,
Enough of that religious nonsense.
I want you to define SECULARISM and INTELLIGENCE so that we can debate these terms seriously and raise the pathetic moral and intellectual standards here.
Thanks.
Dearest, go back to my definition of intelligence as I am not inclined to keep repeating the same thing.

In terms of secularism, it is the separation of religion from all areas of life except where it belongs i.e. in churches, mosque, temples, synagogues etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel--Do you think Eric is intelligent?

Hugh--- Yes in the normal usage of the word.
Well, I am used to much higher intellectual standards and so I find him terribly lacking in intelligence even the common kind of intelligence.

Anyway, hope all is well at your end.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, Mon?
Do you think Eric is intelligent?
I think he's low down the intelligence scale.
Right. I was the one who allowed myself to be manipulated by others to the point that I became psychotic. That I became physically ill. That I contemplated suicide.

In actuality, Joel, I care not what you think. Never have. Some recluse living in solitude in India. Being milked by your "friends" whom you never see unless they want a free dinner.

However, I do care for you as a fellow human being and was genuinely concerned when you recently went off the deep end. Now it seems that you are feeling better and the old Joel is rearing its ugly head.

BTW, Joel, who's that end of the world scenario going for you? You time schedule is WAY behind, isn't it?
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Sorry, **how's** that end of the world scenario

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

However, it is a FACT that Eric lacks WISDOM and more importantly INTEGRITY.
WISDOM is a yogic capacity - the rare individual possesses it to some extent that depends on the degree of his yogic capacity of perceiving the causal mechanism.

INTEGRITY is a matter of good genes and sound upbringing.

He is neither wise nor has integrity and as said earlier lacks intelligence.

I mean had I known him personally, I'd have simply looked down on him. He is riff raff, kind of dregs.

I wonder what fun you derive by debating riff raff like him and that too on silly matters like cult, rituals and priest-craft.

Grow up.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--What a non-sequitur!
HughBe--- It is as you have said ONLY in your head and the heads of other half-wits.
Let me simplify it for you. It is clear to me and ALL native speakers of English that Abraham was concerned about and thus spoke about not having his own BIOLOGICAL child or as he puts it SEED as his heir. YOU cannot get this point and I understand your challenges. So, try the passages below and see if they make a difference in your understanding that SEED means physical OFFSPRING and NOT converts.
By the way, ALL under Abraham's control had to observe God's laws but ALL were NOT promised the land.
"Then Abram said,“O Lord God, what will You give me? For I have NO CHILD. And the one who is to receive what belongs to me is Eliezer of Damascus(CONCERN).Abram said,“Because You have not given me a CHILD(SEED), one born in my house will be given all I have.”
Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying,“This man will not be given what is yours(WILL NOT INHERIT the LAND). BUT he who will COME FROM YOUR OWN BODY will be given what is yours( INHERIT the land.)"
Can you now understand that the land of Israel was given to his SEED meaning PHYSICAL SEED and not your converts?
Do YOU understand "he who will COME FROM YOUR OWN BODY"? I am not very hopefully given that self-deception is DOMINANT in YOU.
Now, had you been a STUDENT of the scriptures you would have known that God said that He knew that Abraham would ensure that ALL under his control meaning children and others would obey His laws. Note, all under his control were NOT promised the land. Did this fact go over your head? Remember Eliezer and Abraham's concern about him inheriting his possessions?
Here is Abraham's complaint or concern again, STUDY it.--
"I am going on childless and he who shall be the owner and heir of my house is this [steward] Eliezer of Damascus?"
Finally, Eliezer and all else would have to OBEY God's laws but the LAND was NOT given to Eliezer and others to inherit, save his SEED /offspring.
----------
Now reread the previous post which is provided below.
Eric--Torah SAYS that the animals came to the Ark; not that Noah went out and got them.
HughBe--- Torah SAYS---"all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy SEED for ever."
"And Abram said(to Almighty God), Behold, to me thou hast given no SEED: and, lo, one born in my house is mine HEIR."
Clear, COVERTS are NOT SEED.
Exactly as I said, Hugh. Your diatribe has nothing to do with my topic that you re-posted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

BTW, Joel, who's that end of the world scenario going for you? You time schedule is WAY behind, isn't it?
I'd spoken of transformation of matter and of humankind via supramentalization, not about the end of the world.

2016 is still a few years away...so, let's wait and watch.

Supramentalization is an extremely difficult process in the individual, collectivity and terrestrial matter and is not like say a sick ritual like a human or an animal sacrifice or kiddish stuff like head bowing or scripture reading or looking up to evil men called prophets.

The supramental plane is known to just a handful of persons in the whole of human history (none of the Hebrew prophets had a clue about the supermind), while the lowly vital plane is the basis of almost all the religions of the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

However, I do care for you as a fellow human being and was genuinely concerned when you recently went off the deep end.
I know, thank you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am used to much higher intellectual standards and so I find him terribly lacking in intelligence even the common kind of intelligence.
Anyway, hope all is well at your end.
I have learnt to deal with people of all levels of intelligence even those at Eric's level.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

That I became physically ill. That I contemplated suicide.
You are to blame for some part of this dark happening in my life...

You're words and thoughts called in certain adverse forces in greater measure into my aura with damaging consequences and I'd hinted at what you'd done in a post a week or so ago .

Take care - there may well occur a hard rebound and then it will be the end for you though I don't wish for such thing to happen to you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
Sorry,**how's** that end of the world scenario
Eric to Joel---Sorry,**how's** that end of the world scenario

HughBe---Sounds like the words of a drowning man, to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 54,141 - 54,160 of65,120
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Official Ashley Tisdale Chat Room (Sep '07) 3 min Justin Bieber 1,837
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min fetch almighty 1,034,209
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Chicagobunny 47,070
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 9 min Hatti_Hollerand 229
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 11 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Poppo 167,625
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Mothra 43,007
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 96,137
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance