Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,541
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#59943 Oct 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Extract below was taken from The New York Times, US Edition.
Note Yosef's lack of INFLUENCE and the first and obvious evidence of this is this article in the New York Times.
OTHER:
1."Under Rabbi Yosef’s leadership, Shas became a MAJOR player in GOVERNING COALITION"
Comment: What is the meaning of MAJOR player?
What is the meaning of GOVERNING COALITION?
Truly he lacked influence outside of his disciples.
2. "Israeli LEADERS of ALL STRIPES made pilgrimages to his home in Jerusalem seeking his SUPPORT."
Comment: Why would Israeli leaders of ALL STRIPES go to Yosef's home for his SUPPORT?
My guess is because Yosef was a FRINGE element. What is your guess?
3. "He wrote Talmudic commentaries and volumes of answers, known as responsa, to questions on religious law."
Comment: Yosef's commentaries were only read by his disciples.
4.“The Jewish people have lost one of the wisest men of this generation,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel said Monday.
Comment: Let me correct the Prime Minister. It should have been the ISRAELI people and NOT the Jewish people. His error make it seems that Yosef was a somebody to other Jews outside of Israel.
5. President Shimon Peres said he had been at the rabbi’s bedside hours before his death.“When I pressed his hand, I felt I was touching HISTORY,” Mr. Peres said,“and when I kissed his head, it was as though I kissed the very greatness of Israel.”
Comment: It seems to me that these Israeli leaders are ALL DUNCES so allow me to correct this other DUNCE i.e. the President of Israel. The President should have said Sephardic Israeli HISTORY. The omission of the words "Sephardic Israeli" give a FALSE impression as to the IMPORTANCE of Yosef outside of his followers.
6. Rabbi Yosef’s weekly sermons, delivered on Saturday nights after the Sabbath, were broadcast by satellite to WIDE audiences and, in the last few years, uploaded to YouTube.... the rabbi’s platform for lashing out against those he despised — rival politicians, GAY PEOPLE and perceived enemies of Israel.
Comment: My guess is that the WIDE audiences were ONLY his followers.
The rabbi was also HOMOPHOBIC. Shame on you Yosef. You should have embraced the warm "LOVE" of a homosexual and then you would have a true understanding of life and RIGHTEOUSNESS.
7. So we have coverage by the New York Times, ABC and I may be wrong but I believe that I got the other quote from CNN.
I rest my case about Yosef's lack of INFLUENCE.
From wiki ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Helms :

Jesse Alexander Helms, Jr - A LEADING conservative, he helped organize and fund the conservative resurgence in the 1970s, aiding Ronald Reagan's quest for the White House and helping MANY local and regional candidates.

Helms was the LONGEST-serving POPULARLY elected Senator in North Carolina's history

As long-time chairman of the POWERFUL Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he demanded a staunchly anti-communist foreign policy that would reward America's friends abroad

Helms was well known for his strong religious views.[275] He played a LEADING role in the development of the Christian right,[274] and was a FOUNDING MEMBER of the Moral Majority in 1979

Excerpt from the book "Righteous Warrior: Jesse Helms and the Rise of Modern Conservatism" - In Righteous Warrior, William A. Link provides a magisterial portrait of Senator Jesse Helms, one of the MOST COMMANDING American politicians of the late twentieth century

Yes, but according to Hugh, this man was a nobody. Certainly not worthy of criticism over his position on civil rights and religious bigotry.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59944 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

No I did not. I said that lemons are high in acid (form), while citrate is prescribed by doctors.
This is what you said:

FRIJOLES - Others, like me, imbibe lemons as much as possible which provides citric acid rather than straight citrate.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#59945 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Doofus,
for the HUNDREDTH time, your earliest of diatribes accused Jews worldwide of following this guy. Several of the posters here, including me, indicated otherwise.
You then retreated and spent and inordinate amount of time proving that he had influence in Israel, nothing any of us here ever contested, initially or later.
Basically, as usual, you are wasting everyone's time arguing an argument with yourself. I believe that is called tilting at windmills. It would be cute if you weren't such a hateful zealot
For Hugh:

Straw man:

A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a common type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4] This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues. In those cases the false victory is often loudly or conspicuously celebrated.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man )

Location hidden

#59946 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
However, they can be converted to organic forms through bacteria and rendered less harmful.
Does arsenic behave similar to phosphorous? Why? In what way are they different?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#59947 Oct 9, 2013
I do not have the time to respond, now. Based on meetings etc. I shall not be free before tonight.

Take care, all.

Location hidden

#59949 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I dont know why you are sharing this with me. All I commented is that you were incapable of synthesizing or summarizing your thoughts concisely.

Our little exchange regarding citrate/citric acid was what I was referring to.

No need to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on....
Ok.

Location hidden

#59950 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Arsenate (the oxidized form)
Give 3 definitions of oxidation that're equally valid - give the detailed explanations.

(smiles)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#59951 Oct 9, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Give 3 definitions of oxidation that're equally valid - give the detailed explanations.
(smiles)
Someone needs to order you a chemistry set. Or do you prefer legos?

Location hidden

#59952 Oct 9, 2013
Yawn. Dunces. Bored. LOL.

Location hidden

#59953 Oct 9, 2013
Oxidation rhymes with oral sex. LOL.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#59955 Oct 9, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Oxidation rhymes with oral sex. LOL.
Are you unfamiliar with the concept of rhyming? There is no phonetic or syllabic similarity between the two.

At best this is alliteration, but it is a very poor example as one is a word, the other a phrase.

Location hidden

#59956 Oct 9, 2013
As kosher as a bagel....LOL.

Location hidden

#59957 Oct 9, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you unfamiliar with the concept of rhyming?

There is no phonetic or syllabic similarity between the two.

At best this is alliteration, but it is a very poor example as one is a word, the other a phrase.
I thought you would have guessed it was a joke...

Location hidden

#59958 Oct 9, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
As kosher as a bagel....LOL.
Bagels arent necessarily kosher. My neighbor bakes hers with lard and tops it off with hoisin sauce.

Location hidden

#59959 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Bagels arent necessarily kosher. My neighbor bakes hers with lard and tops it off with hoisin sauce
Oh!

Location hidden

#59960 Oct 9, 2013
I believe South Korea has an average national IQ of 106 or 109 - the highest in the world for any nation. I'm not surprised.

Location hidden

#59961 Oct 9, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh!
She is from Cheech-En-Chong province. They do things like that there.

Location hidden

#59962 Oct 9, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
I believe South Korea has an average national IQ of 106 or 109 - the highest in the world for any nation. I'm not surprised.
They have the best Bim Bim Bop too.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#59963 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
They have the best Bim Bim Bop too.
I lived in Korea four years -- got food poisoning five times.

Location hidden

#59964 Oct 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

She is from Cheech-En-Chong province. They do things like that there.
Oh, a comedian!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Grey Ghost 1,173,440
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 24 min Red_Forman 5,372
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Brian_G 51,372
sex 2 hr sunnypathena 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 183,862
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 50,424
you wont believe what this guy is doing on ebay 7 hr Tatlover 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games