Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
53,841 - 53,860 of 68,374 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
Apparently, in India, pretending to be smarter than everyone else is the social equivalent of actually being smart.
That explains a lot about the current state of the country.
How smart does one have to be to learn "Thank you for calling Visa-MasterCharge. How may we help you?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for those of us who aren't carbon-based.
I try my hardest not to think about that.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument there. But the repubs refused to allow that, or single payer, which is basically the same thing. One of our Drs is going off insurance and claims it will be cheaper for us. He might be right.
Please prove your point that the republicans would not eliminate insurance companies and government involvement?

Government involvement is not free market.

If it is brought down to a level of basic supply and demand it will be cheaper and the unnecessary stuff won't be given out like candy.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Or is citric acid a derivative of citrate?
We are all organic.
On a related note, when people get pushy about the natural foods paradigm, I note that Arsenic is natural, too.
And your body needs Arsenic as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please prove your point that the republicans would not eliminate insurance companies and government involvement?
Government involvement is not free market.
If it is brought down to a level of basic supply and demand it will be cheaper and the unnecessary stuff won't be given out like candy.
There was a year plus bipartisan discussion of ACA before it was voted on. I dont think anyone seriously proposed a radical restructuring of the system.

Interestingly enough, the CEO of yours and my local hospital HAS advocated for that. Moving away from pay for service too - not sure what he has in mind.

If you want to eliminate govt involvement you would have to eliminate medicare, medicaid and the rest of the safety net. I think there needs to be a balance, but I agree, the insurance companies are a lot of the problem.

How does your friend get a $1200 premium? I had to try pretty hard on the CT site to get the premium up that high. And I know it doesnt matter to you (hopefully), but one bought of cancer would make $20,000/yr of premiums seem like a bargain. Thats why its called insurance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And your body needs Arsenic as well.
Depending on its oxidation state, Arsenic can be good for you.

I'll let the pompous Indian explain more.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The best way to do it would be to eliminate insurance companies and let the free market take over.
You want everyone to go naked. I know I couldn't afford a major medical disaster. What of those who can't even afford that? Will healthcare be reserved for the very wealthy?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You want everyone to go naked. I know I couldn't afford a major medical disaster. What of those who can't even afford that? Will healthcare be reserved for the very wealthy?
You have to remember, that n his deluded mind, most diseases, including cancer, can be treated naturally - hence, no need for expensive medical treatments (what with all that expensive R&D and safety measures). It's a major flaw in his logic.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

The points are not sequential. Nevertheless they give a true picture of the positions i.e. TRUTH versus LIES and DECEPTION.

HughBe---Given that he is not KNOWN in the US, I expect that his death shall not be covered.

Frijoles to Eric---Thats my point. Hugh is using an Israeli newspaper to make statements about the US.

I dont think he is dead. I havent been following the story. Its not important enough to bother.

Frijoles---I just googled both him and his party Shas with Google News, and NOT ONE American paper came up on the first page. ALL Israeli.

So no, this is NOT American NEWS.

HughBe now--- It is NOT American news and so that explains why CNN and ABC covered his death within HOURS. Both are AMERICAN companies.

Frijoles--- Israeli, sephardic, and religious. Pretty SMALL, considering.

HughBe--- Pretty small in relation to what?

Are you really calling the "WIDER RELIGIOUS SOCIETY" plus Yosef's group "pretty small"?

Tell me about the LARGE group.

Eric---In relation to what? In relation to world wide Jewry as a whole. Israeli Sephardic Jews are a small minority of world wide Jewry.

HughBe--- Keep in mind that we are talking about RELIGION and in particular Judaism. Now, in an effort to deceive others including someone who is way above them in intelligence they switch from JUDAISM the RELIGION to the RACE called JEWS.

Question, when will these bedfellows ever learn? Even COLLECTIVELY they are not EQUIPPED to be successful when dealing with me.

Getting back to Frijoles' comment where he called the "Israeli, sephardic, and religious. Pretty SMALL" I want you all to know that it is a typical example of the dishonesty that I have experienced from members of Judaism. It is as if one of the main pillars of Judaism is LIE. I am not joking.

Anyhow he claims that the Sephardic group is pretty SMALL in Israel but TRUTH says otherwise.

Note what the ABC report says. Understanding the report is as easy as ABC.

"Sephardic Jews make up roughly HALF of Israel's Jewish population"

Again, "Sephardic Jews make up roughly HALF of Israel's Jewish population"

I take it that HALF of any number is PRETTY SMALL in relation to the whole, in their SICK heads.

Other points of interest and they speak to the INFLUENCE of Yosef.

1."Yosef wielded influence over ALL Israelis."

Comment:Did you see that Yosef had INFLUENCE over ALL Israelis? Yet this is the same Yosef that ALL of these Judahites former and current claim that he has no INFLUENCE. They LIE because they want to DIMINISH the extent of the impact that Yosef's HATE speech would have on his disciples and even on others.

2.His funeral brought large parts of Jerusalem to a standstill.

Comment: To bring LARGE parts of Jerusalem to a standstill came about because Yosef had no INFLUENCE, even in DEATH. The standstill was achieved by the PRETTY SMALL fringe elements in Israel i.e. 50% of the population. Yes that SMALL percentage.

3.Police said some 700,000 people attended, making it the LARGEST funeral in the country's HISTORY.

Comment: Had Yosef posses real influence then in his death would have been the SMALLEST funeral in Israel's HISTORY.

By the way, am I to understand that Yosef FUNERAL was BIGGER than ALL the former Prime Ministers of Israel and of ALL of the LEADERS of the LARGE sects of Judaism?

Something seems MAD here.

I rest my case.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

From the American company ABC site---

"Yosef wielded influence over ALL Israelis."

ALL is a PRETTY SMALL number of persons. I wonder what number and percentage are left after the ALL is taken away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to remember, that n his deluded mind, most diseases, including cancer, can be treated naturally - hence, no need for expensive medical treatments (what with all that expensive R&D and safety measures). It's a major flaw in his logic.
One kidney stone and he will be bawling on the floor like a baby begging for modern intervention (like the rest of us)

I wish it was that simple

I wish I could believe in a world that simple

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

HughBe wrote:
From the American company ABC site---
"Yosef wielded influence over ALL Israelis."
ALL is a PRETTY SMALL number of persons. I wonder what number and percentage are left after the ALL is taken away.
If I recollect (which I do), you started this harangue with a claim that he was influential, as a Rabbi, to ALL Jews. Now we are arguing over how influential he is in Israel, only. Do you realize you are loosing ground?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Try clearing the IIT JEE in Math, Physics and Chemistry and then talk to me about intelligence, ok,brainless and effeminate fool?
It has been my honour in my life to work amongst some of the smartest people G-d put on this Earth and I can tell you know with a certainty that intelligent people do not act the way you do.

Very intelligent people are secure in their intellect and don't feel the necessity to denigrate others in order to conquer deep insecurities. Intellectual maturity is considerably more than pretending to know the meaning behind memorized facts or false claims of scholarship.

I can tell you this, people who are desperate to appear intelligent will do as you do. Google some terms, crib some questions off Wikipedia or memorize some obscurity or another in order drop them into conversation. The ultimate goal being, to give the appearance of learning to obscure their lack of intelligence. The only problem is, that kind of desperation is obvious to everyone and only makes them appear less intelligent.

So, claim you invented the iPod, discovered extra spacial dimensions and possess all the secrets of the Universe -- the rest of us are quite amused by your claims.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
BTW HUGH,
I would like you to define the word wisdom in detail and tell me how wisdom differs from the term intelligent.
Give me at least 2 original teachings from the TANACH and the NT that in your opinion are profoundly wise.
I'll do a quick analysis of the lines from the TANACH and the NT and prove to you using logic and supporting evidence whether the teachings are original and wise or plagiarized bull shit.
PS - I have not discovered a single teaching in either the TANACH or in the NT that's original or profound.
Anyway, reply to my question, if possible.
Joel---I would like you to define the word wisdom in detail and tell me how wisdom differs from the term intelligent.

Hugh--- Details are beyond the scope of this forum :D

In terms of intelligence, I shall give a definitions based on how the word is used. For wisdom I shall give my own definition.

Intelligence is the ability to learn and more so it is a reflection of how much knowledge one has. Take IQ tests, it is true to say that some require you to THINK but to a large extent they are a test of KNOWLEDGE. You either KNOW or you do NOT know.

So, those who KNOW more will get a higher score than those who KNOW less. Understand, the fact that Tom currently knows more than Dick does not mean that if Dick applied himself he could not know more than Tom.

Get it?

In terms of Wisdom, it is the ability to THINK and to use the available knowledge to do, say and THINK the correct or best way.

Now dear, please study these words of wisdom.

Much love, MON.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You want everyone to go naked.
Believe me, you don't WANT to see most people naked. You don't even want to see most people in spandex. Bulky clothing was man's greatest invention.

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, I find it amazing. What a waste of human tissue.
Ultimately, human tissue is never a waste -- we can use it to make Soylent Burgers.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Bi girls. Too busy for time wasting. I shall if possible check back in a few hours.

Don't cry. I shall miss U too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, you don't WANT to see most people naked. You don't even want to see most people in spandex. Bulky clothing was man's greatest invention.
Latest trend here is for joggers to wear spandex. Why? Why I ask?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, I recommend staying away from Lululemon Yoga pants...

http://nypost.com/2013/10/01/lululemons-sheer...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultimately, human tissue is never a waste -- we can use it to make Soylent Burgers.
Thats one of my favorite movies!

People movers, death centers, etc etc

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,079,826
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min TRD 67,937
BSU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESSI... 17 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 19 min Sublime1 97,530
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Frank 174,612
ABU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESSI... 37 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
ABSU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESS... 40 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Amy 7-24 55 min Toj 23
Abby 7-24 12 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••