Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
53,761 - 53,780 of 68,368 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very hard to believe that premiums are that much. Unless he doesnt qualify for a subsidy. Or lives out of our state.
She, is in the $75,000 range and lives in your state of denial.
She is upping her deductible to $10,000 to cover the difference in cost.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only two reasons in the world I would share my religious beliefs with you.
A) If I sought to bring you to believe the same as I believe -- OR --
B) If I was seeking to justify my beliefs to you or myself
I don't seek to make you believe the way I believe. In fact, I find great comfort in the fact you don't believe as I do. Everyone is a moral compass -- some just point south instead of north.
My beliefs are my own, a considered combination of lifelong observation, religious instruction and my education (poor as it has been). They actually fit me quite well and I find myself very comfortable in them. If I found they were no longer comfortable, instead of trying to justify them, I would alter them to fit new information.
Ill take that as you have a belief and are afraid of looking like a hypocrite.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I just went to the CT site, and for a middle of the road plan (bronze), it would cost my family about $800 for a 12k deductible
I also imputed what it would cost if I was a senior, and then I hit the $1200 mark. However, that would be moot as I would also qualify for medicare/
Almost $20,000 per year for health insurance, that is more than a McDonald's employees minimum wage job.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We can go round and round and round, but the facts remain.
Shas is relatively unknown and definitely uninfluential in relation to Jews who live outside of Israel. Plus they are a political party who represent a narrow ethnic interest (sephardic Israeli), so even those who know them within Israel, its akin to the rest of Americans knowing about the KKK.
This shall be the last time I will mention this. Its the fourth time, and at some point you have to recognize that ignoring our comments does not make you correct. You are not Ted Cruz.(who, by the way, using your logic, is one of the more influential Americans in Jamaica.)
Frijoles---Plus they are a political party who represent a narrow ethnic interest (sephardic Israeli), so EVEN those who know them within Israel, its akin to the rest of Americans knowing about the KKK.

HughBe--- By the way, KKK is well known in America. That info is free.

Your DISHONEST attempt at taking away from Yosef will not work and I know that it is one of the main tools used by you and your kind. The other main one is to DISCREDIT ALL sources except ONE. There is ONLY one TRUE source,for your kind, and I have learnt that and so I use it.

Lesson: God has ALWAYS reserved a remnant who will speak the TRUTH. Pass that info to your masters.

Now son, I want YOU to read with UNDERSTANDING the response of the
the Israeli PRESIDENT to the pending death of YOUR insignificant man Yosef.

"News of his deteriorating health prompted President Shimon Peres to CUT SHORT A WORKING MEETING with his Czech counterpart Milos Zeman and rush to the rabbi's bedside, his office said."
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

geo wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, we're listening. Fill the room with your intelligence! Layout how you are going to offer healthcare to everyone where each pays according to their means.
The best way to do it would be to eliminate insurance companies and let the free market take over.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

"I held his hand which was still warm and kissed his forehead. When I pressed his hand I felt I was touching HISTORY and when I kissed his head it was as though I kissed the very greatness of Israel," he said of his earlier meeting with the rabbi."

Comment:Yet these fellows claim that he is not INFLUENTIAL.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very hard to believe that premiums are that much. Unless he doesnt qualify for a subsidy. Or lives out of our state.
Why should someone that never had to get subsidized have to get subsidized?

Why are the rates going through the roof?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill take that as you have a belief and are afraid of looking like a hypocrite.
You'll never know, will you?

Like having an itch you can never scratch.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Jews had lost "one of the WISEST men of this generation."

That is the Israeli PM speaking, above.

What is YOUR understanding of the Prime Minister's words?

Keep in mind that the DECEIVERS here try as usual to DECEIVE. Yosef if you follow them lacks INFLUENCE.

YOU know that they are LIARS.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Source of quote below is the BBC. Do you know what BBC means Eric and Frijoles?

Tell me about the lack of INFLUENCE of Yosef,now.

Shame on YOU, go back to your masters and tell them that you have been exposed and you need to change strategy.

Understand, Yosef's death has been COVERED and done so QUICKLY.

"Several hundred thousand people have attended the funeral in Jerusalem of influential Rabbi Ovadia Yosef."
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Sorry, girls.

This is the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Jews had lost "one of the WISEST men of this generation."
That is the Israeli PM speaking, above.
What is YOUR understanding of the Prime Minister's words?
Keep in mind that the DECEIVERS here try as usual to DECEIVE. Yosef if you follow them lacks INFLUENCE.
YOU know that they are LIARS.
Damn't Hugh, what do you want. I am not going to respect someone who said the things that he did. I think for my self. He is not MY Rabbi. I only have 2. If Netanyahu liked him in Israel, that fine. He had to be referring to the Jews of Israel because no one in the US knew of him. He was a typical Israeli Orthodox Rabbi all of whom I can't stand. Name one thing that he did for the US Jews. I bet you can't because we were outside his sphere of influence. Give us a quote from an American non-Orthodox Jew about him.

Would you rather that I sing his praise knowing what he said?
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

More coverage of his death.

"Rabbi Ovadia Yosef was a religious GIANT with an IMMENSE following. "

In the minds of the DECEIVERS i.e. Eric, Frijoles et.al. this GIANT with IMMENSE following was not influential.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/20...

Source--"The Christian Science Monitor" which "is an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage via its website, weekly magazine, daily news"
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Sorry, girls.
This is the link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-2...
Do you see one comment from a non-Israeli in the whole article? The only non-Israeli comment is from the Pres. of the Palestinian Authority which was negative as one might expect. He just wasn't important outside of Israel.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn't Hugh, what do you want. I am not going to respect someone who said the things that he did. I think for my self. He is not MY Rabbi. I only have 2. If Netanyahu liked him in Israel, that fine. He had to be referring to the Jews of Israel because no one in the US knew of him. He was a typical Israeli Orthodox Rabbi all of whom I can't stand. Name one thing that he did for the US Jews. I bet you can't because we were outside his sphere of influence. Give us a quote from an American non-Orthodox Jew about him.
Would you rather that I sing his praise knowing what he said?
Eric---I am NOT going to respect someone who said the things that he did

Hugh--- You are WRONG, Eric. I say, RESPECT is due to the man as a LEADER in Israel BUT you should NEVER agree with his nastiness and you should call it what it is.

Keep focus though, the issue is NOT one of respect it is a matter of INFLUENCE.

I shall be posting more words from other sources about the man.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---I am NOT going to respect someone who said the things that he did
Hugh--- You are WRONG, Eric. I say, RESPECT is due to the man as a LEADER in Israel BUT you should NEVER agree with his nastiness and you should call it what it is.
I shall be posting more words from other sources about the man.
I want to see statements about his influence outside of Israel. He had none. All of your articles speak of his presence in Israel. The vast vast majority of US Jews never heard of him.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

There you have it Hugh--Leader in Israel--your own words. Leader in Israel. Even you won't say he was a leader of the Jews worldwide. Because he wasn't.

Thank you for finally admitting that his sphere of influence was restricted to Israel alone. If he was a worldwide leader, YOU would have said so.

Again, show us his influence outside of Israel. You haven't done it yet. If it's not being printed in his Eulogies, it's not going to be printed at all.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see one comment from a non-Israeli in the whole article? The only non-Israeli comment is from the Pres. of the Palestinian Authority which was negative as one might expect. He just wasn't important outside of Israel.
What is it that you are not understanding, Eric.

I quoted from the BBC UK site. Tell me the meaning of BBC and also UK.

Are you saying that when I hear the news hear in Jamaica it means that it is not being covered in Jamaica? The same argument for BBC UK.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

hear=here
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to see statements about his influence outside of Israel. He had none. All of your articles speak of his presence in Israel. The vast vast majority of US Jews never heard of him.
When the scales fall from your eyes don't glue them back on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min lily boca raton fl 1,079,427
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min truth 48,881
Abby 7-24 6 min Mister Tonka 26
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,523
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 9 min Wrecked 12
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 9 min bensleys thoughts 1
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 20 min Julie 353
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 44 min edogxxx 97,521
Amy 7-24 49 min Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••