Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
53,741 - 53,760 of 68,436 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
???
No, I am not talking about C. I am talking about citrate.
Look it up. Google citrate and kidney stones. Its one of the few things clinically proven to reduce risk for oxalate stones.
rabbee: well you would be also correct, in saying an ascorbate. vitamin c; l-ascorbate, and d-ascorbate.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have health insurance now you are already paying for someone elses health care, and after Obama care you are paying for someone elses health care so it begs the question, you don't have a problem with government putting a gun to someones head to buy a service or product.
rabbee: well not quite, under my present health care plan, i do not have to pay for those who can't afford to pay for it. i have an excellent health care plan, that pays for everything for only $26 a month. now under obama care, i'll be paying over 15 times the amount, for a much worse health care plan. and i cannot expect this federal government that can't do any thing right. to do any more, not right by this.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
I shall be back later to see if any honest attempt has been made to have a truthful discussion.
I don't have the appetite for the slippery.
If you are not getting the response you want, stop the socratic bs. If you have a point to make, make it. I'm not going to make your points for you. Israeli Sephardic Jews are but a small fraction of the Jews in the world. Their leadership, therefore, has no impact outside of their own community.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

damn it. forgot to turn off the profile that can receive messages. haven't used it since April and pulled it out this morning.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a doomsayer. You say it won't work. It's not supposed to break even. It's to have everyone pay their fair share with the government picking up the rest through tax credits. I no longer wish to pay for healthcare for people who are able to contribute toward their own care, but don't.
And, you know what they say. There are only 2 things we are forced to do. Die and pay taxes. This is the latter.
You are an attorney you should know better, I said it won't work THAT WAY.
Government is bloated and inefficient, that is mainly because of the coercive way that they do business.
If their support was performance based they would be out of business by now.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Come now, a hundred dollar fine is hardly a gun to ones head. Your rhetoric is bombastic.
rabbee: fine for those, not on a limited income. but just remember, the average age of this society, is not getting younger. sooner or later, your still going to have a lot fewer, paying for the many in this pyramid scheme. what looks good now, may not look near as good, with your share doubling every ten years. and this does not diminish, the size of an overbearing government. sooner or later, your going to run out of other peoples money, in any pyramid scheme.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well not quite, under my present health care plan, i do not have to pay for those who can't afford to pay for it. i have an excellent health care plan, that pays for everything for only $26 a month. now under obama care, i'll be paying over 15 times the amount, for a much worse health care plan. and i cannot expect this federal government that can't do any thing right. to do any more, not right by this.
Sounds very affordable, I guess the affordable health care act worked for you.
I have a friend self employed, insurance going up 37% to almost $1200 per month.
Very affordable.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Still a gun, but you actually think it will always be $100?
rabbee: right now, even on my limited income. it is still cheaper to pay the $100. cause the $100 +$26, for my health insurance. is still cheaper than the $386 of obama care. and i do not expect the $386, to not go higher and higher. i figure in ten years, it will cost over $700, and maybe even higher, with the inflation it causes. it's even worse than the pay only as long as you are well plan. that was supposed to encourage, doctors to get you well as fast as possible without killing you.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not a gun. People are free to make a rational decision. Coverage or a small fine/tax. The fine/tax is tiny, its not a hard decision to forgo coverage if one is predisposed. Hardly a gun to their head.
Its not my place to speculate as to what the tax will be in the future. What I do know is that insurance premiums and deductibles are not fixed, either, rather they are rising at a rapid rate.
rabbee: sorry but it is still, aiding and abetting to a religious idolatry. in their establishment of their, churches against G-D. and i have not, seen a rise in my insurance premiums in 20 years.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it yourself.
And then deduct from that number the number of Sephards, in Israel, who are not orthodox and dont give a sht.
rabbee: it is a lot easier, to figure out how many are true to G-D, in ysrael and the world still here in TheTorah. because TheG-D of Only, TheTorah does not lie.

i figure that adam and his mate, should have at least about seven billion grandchildren, here in TheTorah. but i have yet to find even one, here in TheTorah today. still leaving adam all alone, here in TheTorah from HaShem G-D - TheG-D of Only TheTorah.

the jewish error of a new testament tanach, could be hazardous to everyone else wanting one.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend self employed, insurance going up 37% to almost $1200 per month.
Very affordable.
I find it very hard to believe that premiums are that much. Unless he doesnt qualify for a subsidy. Or lives out of our state.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered the question you posed. You asked for the size of the Sephardic Israelis. There size is 8% of the Jews in the world. That shows you how little influence this Rabbi had in worldwide Jewry. And, that assumes that ALL Israeli Sephardi backed him and his outlandish viewpoint. His viewpoint is like a mouse fart in the middle of Time Square.
Which is the point both Frijoles and I are making. I never heard of him. Moreover, as I have oft said, being a Reform Jew I care not what the Israeli Orthodox say.
That all said, I have been researching him. Actually, he views are more on the liberal side of the orthodox "relatively" speaking. He did say some outlandish things that are obvious disagreeable, but his basic approach is more liberal. Which was why he had a following among some of the more moderate mizrachim, and seemed to piss off the haredi ashkenazim.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
I shall be back later to see if any honest attempt has been made to have a truthful discussion.
I don't have the appetite for the slippery.
You ask questions, we either answer them or point you towrds the internet, and you respond negatively.

At some point you either need to stop throwing a hissy fit or find a new medium to play with. Because this one sure isnt working out for ya.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an attorney you should know better, I said it won't work THAT WAY.
OK, we're listening. Fill the room with your intelligence! Layout how you are going to offer healthcare to everyone where each pays according to their means.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Very affordable.
rabbee: well i have the most affordable health care plan, so screw Obama's the most unaffordable one. and knowing this government ability to not balance a budget, i know it is going to get more and more unaffordable.

and sorry if onesies and twosies, don't get the united health care bulk rate. about the only hope for that, is to form a large organized group of individuals. so you can negotiate, on a larger scale for a lower overall cost.

but if you think that is high, you should check out the five digit flood insurance here in Colorado now - from $1200 to $12,000+.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Very affordable.
Well, I just went to the CT site, and for a middle of the road plan (bronze), it would cost my family about $800 for a 12k deductible

I also imputed what it would cost if I was a senior, and then I hit the $1200 mark. However, that would be moot as I would also qualify for medicare/
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

geo wilson wrote:
<quoted text>If you are not getting the response you want, stop the socratic bs. If you have a point to make, make it. I'm not going to make your points for you. Israeli Sephardic Jews are but a small fraction of the Jews in the world. Their leadership, therefore, has no impact outside of their own community.
GW---I'm not going to make your points for you. Israeli Sephardic Jews are but a small fraction of the Jews in the world. Their leadership, therefore, has no impact outside of their own community.

HughBe--- It is unfortunate that my point has gone completely over your head. Please try and follow the discourse from here. Best of luck.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask questions, we either answer them or point you towrds the internet, and you respond negatively.
At some point you either need to stop throwing a hissy fit or find a new medium to play with. Because this one sure isnt working out for ya.
I look forward to the day that you will be TRUTHFUL but alas today is just like any other day, in the past.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Everyone--- look, note and LEARN.

Eric---I never heard of him.(Yosef)

HughBe---Yosef is the rabbi that CHANGED politics and religion in Israel i.e. based on what a leading Israeli newspaper states.
Yet Eric, the Lawyer and member of Judaism has NEVER heard of him.

Eric, Frijoles and others make it seems that Yosef is insignificant. I wrote and told them otherwise and in fact I told Frijoles that given that the man is INSIGNIFICANT when he dies it would not be covered.

Now guess what? Yosef died a COUPLE of hours ago. What has happened in Israel meaning what is the response to the death of this INSIGNIFICANT personality called Yosef.

Let me quote.

1."Jerusalem (AFP)- More than 700,000 people took to Jerusalem's streets Monday to mourn the spiritual leader of Israel's Sephardic Jews, in an UNPRECEDENTED procession for an INFLUENTIAL figure who died after surgery.

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, 93, wielded ENORMOUS INFLUENCE among Israeli Jews of Middle Eastern and North African ancestry"

Comment : did you see "UNPRECEDENTED procession for an INFLUENTIAL figure"?

Do you understand it? Tell the DECEIVERS to go to hell.

2."We estimate there are more (than) 700,000 people taking part in the LARGEST of funerals ever in Israel," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld wrote on Twitter.

Comment: Did YOU see what follows? "LARGEST of funerals ever in Israel"

I rest my case. These fellows are in bed with LIES and there is very little by way of TRUTH in them.

http://news.yahoo.com/israels-influential-rab...

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are a religious man, a jew.
You believe that god is the creator of the
universe?
Did you observe god create the universe?
There are only two reasons in the world I would share my religious beliefs with you.

A) If I sought to bring you to believe the same as I believe -- OR --
B) If I was seeking to justify my beliefs to you or myself

I don't seek to make you believe the way I believe. In fact, I find great comfort in the fact you don't believe as I do. Everyone is a moral compass -- some just point south instead of north.

My beliefs are my own, a considered combination of lifelong observation, religious instruction and my education (poor as it has been). They actually fit me quite well and I find myself very comfortable in them. If I found they were no longer comfortable, instead of trying to justify them, I would alter them to fit new information.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min harmonious 1,083,250
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Dale 175,088
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min litesong 45,875
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min Terry rigsby 48,997
Amy 7-30 59 min RACE 8
Abby 7-30 1 hr Mister Tonka 7
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr newpoly 1,867
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 97,574
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••