Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,687)

Showing posts 53,721 - 53,740 of68,358
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We can go round and round and round, but the facts remain.
Shas is relatively unknown and definitely uninfluential in relation to Jews who live outside of Israel. Plus they are a political party who represent a narrow ethnic interest (sephardic Israeli), so even those who know them within Israel, its akin to the rest of Americans knowing about the KKK.
This shall be the last time I will mention this. Its the fourth time, and at some point you have to recognize that ignoring our comments does not make you correct. You are not Ted Cruz.(who, by the way, using your logic, is one of the more influential Americans in Jamaica.)
1. Once again, Pretty small in relation to what?

Quantify the "WIDER RELIGIOUS SOCIETY"

Are you really calling the "WIDER RELIGIOUS SOCIETY" plus Yosef's group "pretty small"?

Tell me about the LARGE group.

----------

2. Frijoles---Plus they are a political party who represent a narrow ethnic interest (sephardic Israeli)

HughBe--- Tell me the SIZE of the ethnic SEPHARDIC Israeli.

Please don't DODGE the issue. Don't let the SMALL size of this group prevent you from seeing and thus telling me about the number of them.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I just googled both him and his party Shas with Google News, and NOT ONE American paper came up on the first page. ALL Israeli.
So no, this is not American news.
Good and so his death shall not be covered.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I belong to a PPO so I only pay a small fraction if I stay in network.
I pay for other's healthcare now because I pay taxes. I will pay for other's healthcare in the future because I pay taxes. I want to be assured, however, that everyone pays what they can and that they are covered for healthcare so that they cannot supp at the public teat without paying their share. Therefore, I am sated that the law will not allow people to supp without paying their fair share. They will buy insurance (supplemented if necessary), or they will pay a tax. Makes me happy. If they can pay a tax that is cheaper than the insurance, that's economics at work.
But you know it wont work that way, the government will give out more than they take in and then have to raise your taxes even more.
If you think that the government will have people paying their "fair share" then you are delusion.

So again it begs the question, do you think people should be forced to buy a good or service against their will?
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
But you know it wont work that way, the government will give out more than they take in and then have to raise your taxes even more.
If you think that the government will have people paying their "fair share" then you are delusion.
So again it begs the question, do you think people should be forced to buy a good or service against their will?
You are a doomsayer. You say it won't work. It's not supposed to break even. It's to have everyone pay their fair share with the government picking up the rest through tax credits. I no longer wish to pay for healthcare for people who are able to contribute toward their own care, but don't.

And, you know what they say. There are only 2 things we are forced to do. Die and pay taxes. This is the latter.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Still a gun, but you actually think it will always be $100?
Its not a gun. People are free to make a rational decision. Coverage or a small fine/tax. The fine/tax is tiny, its not a hard decision to forgo coverage if one is predisposed. Hardly a gun to their head.

Its not my place to speculate as to what the tax will be in the future. What I do know is that insurance premiums and deductibles are not fixed, either, rather they are rising at a rapid rate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a doomsayer. You say it won't work. It's not supposed to break even. It's to have everyone pay their fair share with the government picking up the rest through tax credits. I no longer wish to pay for healthcare for people who are able to contribute toward their own care, but don't.
And, you know what they say. There are only 2 things we are forced to do. Die and pay taxes. This is the latter.
Its too early to tell whether it will work. One thing is know for sure, demand was high enough to crash a lot of the sites. That itself is remarkable, and poofs much of the Tea Party's accusations.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

COR---I'm sorry to hear that your sex life isn't all that. Perhaps you're playing for the wrong team.

HughBe--- I am playing in the right hole.

Hugh-- Is your Christian Senator regarded as the GREATEST sage even by his congregants?

COR--To many conservative, the answer is Yes.

HughBe--- Support needed.

Do Conservatives= Christians? Are ALL conservatives Christians? Do you have Christian Democrats?

COR---Ted Cruz (who is greatly responsible for the current government shutdown), couldn't stop gushing about him.

HughBe-- You do realize that the question is about being a RELIGIOUS SAGE?

HughBe-- He is a nobody when compared to Yosef who CHANGED the religious and political life in Israel.

COR---So you keep saying, but the numbers don't support that assertion.

HughBe--- What numbers are you talking about? Prove that the authors of my quote were LYING.

COR--- But then again, when have you ever let facts ever get in the way of a good argument?

HughBe--- Are YOU really calling the authors FABRICATORS. I did NOT say that Yosef changed the political and religious life in Israel the article did.

HughBe---Has your Christian Senator CHANGED the religious and political life in the US?

COR---Yes.

HughBe--- Give me ONE link from a reputable source that will support your feelings.

HughBe---The obsession with Yosef is yours.

COR--How so? You are the one that keeps mentioning him. I never even heard of the guy before you mentioned him.

HUghBe--- FACTS and history will show that I have protested your FOCUS and have pointed out that I made mention of other things to support my original position.

HughBe --- When I called your Christian man a nobody was I being anti-Christian?

COR---You would be anti-Christian if you used Jesse Helms' words and held it against those who practice Christianity, like you use Yosef's words and hold it against those who practice Judaism.

HughBe--- Give me the NEGATIVE words of Helms that he taught to his followers and tell me the influence that he had over them.

You really need to learn and to embrace a concept called TRUTH. Anything that I said about Yosef and his HATEFUL words were in relation to his FOLLOWERS and NOT to Judaism as a whole.

YOU prove by quoting my words that I did otherwise.

COR--- But because of your hypocrisy, your blanket condemnations are one-sided.

HughBe--- PROVE those words. Do not DODGE. Quote my words. I see that although you claim to be an atheist the teachings of your former masters are ingrained in you and chief among these teachings is to LIE.

HughBe-- What is it that I have said about Yosef that makes me anti-semitic? Memory tells me that what I have done was to quote him and in your mind that makes me anti-semitic. That BS will not work with me.

COR--- It's not what you say about Yosef that makes you anti-semitic. It's your tendency to use his words to cast blanket aspersions against all who practice Judaism.

HughBe--- PROVE it.

COR--- It's when you use an individual's words to make unjustified generalizations that makes you anti-semitic. Why can't you go practice your own religion in peace and leave the Jews or others alone to practice as they see fit?

HughBe --- Listen well young COR. When your rabbis teach their followers to HATE ALL non-Jews it matters to me. When they teach ALL of the nastiness that I have highlighted it matters to me. YOU are comfortable in NASTINESS but I am NOT. The world should NOT overlook the HATE teachings of ANY group including the hate ejaculated by your former masters.

I have no beef with Jews, youngster. I have a PROBLEM with the HATE taught by anyone and your masters are NOT special and so will not be excluded from being highlighted.

So, go stick your head in the sand or elsewhere but I shall highlight their HATEFUL and RACISTS teachings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Please don't DODGE the issue. Don't let the SMALL size of this group prevent you from seeing and thus telling me about the number of them.
Google it yourself.

And then deduct from that number the number of Sephards, in Israel, who are not orthodox and dont give a sht.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Christian scientist church here that has weekly testimonies of healing through prayer.
The healer has a sister that was healed of polio.
rabbee: well i have prevented billions of people, from getting polio. cause i was a guinea pig, in the salk program. and beyond that i have seen things, you could not possibly believe. without any medical, intervention at all. but i have also seen evangelists, do some pretty remarkable stuff too. the spiritual power of humans involved, is too often disregarded. but it still almost always, takes a persuasive person to unleash it. so it takes the belief of healer, and the healee of the person to be healed. but i still know, it has to be authorized by G-D for it to work. just like it was not, just me and salk. but TheG-D WHO had already authorized it to work. we just happened to show up, where G-D said for it to work.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Ethnic Sephardic Israelis represent only 8% of the total Jews in the world.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are a religious man, a jew.
You believe that god is the creator of the
universe?
Did you observe god create the universe?
rabbee: well not even Noach His-Family, and whoever are the 144,000 animals. because it was too cloudy in day one, to observe it all that happening again. as far as they knew, the sun still shone, and the stars still shined after the clouds lifted. including all of the stars, that have not exploded again yet. how else could the crab nebula, keep always happening again at 1054 ad? and it has to happen again, the very next time G-D gives The-Whole Torah accounting again. G-D does not lie, about creating all of physical totality in the seven man days of day one. if G-D did not do the whole thing again, then G-D would be a liar.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Read with understanding and note the strategy to LIE by some in order to MASK the NASTINESS and EVIL taught by their masters and of course to try and discredit TRUTH.

They are NOT equipped to achieved the latter.

COR---So you keep saying, but the NUMBERS don't support that assertion.

HughBe--- What NUMBERS are you talking about? Prove that the authors of my quote were LYING.

COR--- But then again, when have you ever let FACTS ever get in the way of a good argument?

HughBe--- Are YOU really calling the authors FABRICATORS. I did NOT say that Yosef changed the political and religious life in Israel the article did.

EXTRACT below is from an Isreali newspaper. Note COR is accusing these JEWS of FABRICATION and LYING. They wrote what follows and COR KNOWS that I was quoting and yet he sought to attribute the information to me. In any event NUMBERS in COR's opinion does not matter to those Jews. They are LIARS, in his opinion. Read and enjoy.

"The looming death of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, an iconoclastic religious figure who changed Israel’s political and religious landscape"

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-443...

" He is considered by his followers – directly, ultra-Orthodox Sephardic public, and indirectly, the wider religious society – as a master sage, or Maran, and the generation’s greatest authority on religious law. Hence, his health is no laughing matter"

By the way, here is some information about COR's LIARS and my SOURCE, "Ynetnews is Israel's most comprehensive, authoritative daily source for 24/7 breaking news & current events from Israel and Jewish content online."
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethnic Sephardic Israelis represent only 8% of the total Jews in the world.
Thanks Eric but the question had to do with Israel and if you want to expand it then it would include the RELIGIOUS population of Jews who embrace JUDAISM.

Provide the numbers for Israel as a start.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Hugh-- Is your Christian Senator regarded as the GREATEST sage even by his congregants?
COR--To many conservative, the answer is Yes.
HughBe--- Support needed.
HughBe-- He is a nobody when compared to Yosef who CHANGED the religious and political life in Israel.
COR---So you keep saying, but the numbers don't support that assertion.
HughBe--- What numbers are you talking about? Prove that the authors of my quote were LYING.
HughBe---Has your Christian Senator CHANGED the religious and political life in the US?
COR---Yes.
HughBe--- Give me ONE link from a reputable source that will support your feelings.
HughBe--- Give me the NEGATIVE words of Helms that he taught to his followers and tell me the influence that he had over them.
COR--- It's not what you say about Yosef that makes you anti-semitic. It's your tendency to use his words to cast blanket aspersions against all who practice Judaism.
HughBe--- PROVE it.
You're a big boy, Hugh (or so I thought). You know how Google works ( www.google.com ), right?. I've provided links and snippets of articles, which you quite conveniently ignore. The onus is now on you to do your own research.
HughBe wrote:
COR--- It's when you use an individual's words to make unjustified generalizations that makes you anti-semitic. Why can't you go practice your own religion in peace and leave the Jews or others alone to practice as they see fit?
HughBe --- Listen well young COR. When your rabbis teach their followers to HATE ALL non-Jews it matters to me.
MY Rabbis? You must be having a senior moment. Have you forgotten I'm not Jewish?
HughBe wrote:
When they teach ALL of the nastiness that I have highlighted it matters to me.
They? There you go with the generalizations again. Maybe we should condemn ALL Christians too because of a few bad eggs. What do you think?
HughBe wrote:
YOU are comfortable in NASTINESS but I am NOT. The world should NOT overlook the HATE teachings of ANY group including the hate ejaculated by your former masters.
What about the HATE ejaculated by Jesse Helms and other leading Evangelical leaders in the US? Why haven't you spoken up about them? Oh, that's right, because your religious bigotry is ONLY geared towards the Jews. The "Christians" get a free pass.
HughBe wrote:
I have no beef with Jews, youngster. I have a PROBLEM with the HATE taught by anyone and your masters are NOT special and so will not be excluded from being highlighted.
So, go stick your head in the sand or elsewhere but I shall highlight their HATEFUL and RACISTS teachings.
Bravo. Grade A performance. You get the part of the anti-Semitic bigot, hands down.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

COR, I want you to reconcile your LIE with MY post below.

COR's LIE---It's your tendency to use his words to cast BLANKET aspersions against ALL who practice Judaism.

HughBe to Liam (post 59500)---The relevance of size is to determine span of INFLUENCE in country as well as in his RELIGION i.e. Yosef and Judaism.

Now of the over 2 BILLION Christian what % followed Moon?

Of the RELIGIOUS Jews of Judaism what % was affiliated to Yosef's Judaism?

----------

Tell me COR are you a TOTAL idiot or just an EVIL person?

Reconcile YOUR "BLANKET aspersions against ALL who practice Judaism. "

TO my " determine span of INFLUENCE in country as well as in his RELIGION" and MY "Of the RELIGIOUS Jews of Judaism what % was affiliated to Yosef's Judaism?"

Which JACKASS can reconcile your words to my two points? Perhaps you and your rabbis but no one else.
Eric

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Eric but the question had to do with Israel and if you want to expand it then it would include the RELIGIOUS population of Jews who embrace JUDAISM.
Provide the numbers for Israel as a start.
I answered the question you posed. You asked for the size of the Sephardic Israelis. There size is 8% of the Jews in the world. That shows you how little influence this Rabbi had in worldwide Jewry. And, that assumes that ALL Israeli Sephardi backed him and his outlandish viewpoint. His viewpoint is like a mouse fart in the middle of Time Square.

Which is the point both Frijoles and I are making. I never heard of him. Moreover, as I have oft said, being a Reform Jew I care not what the Israeli Orthodox say.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a big boy, Hugh (or so I thought). You know how Google works ( www.google.com ), right?. I've provided links and snippets of articles, which you quite conveniently ignore. The onus is now on you to do your own research.
<quoted text>
MY Rabbis? You must be having a senior moment. Have you forgotten I'm not Jewish?
<quoted text>
They? There you go with the generalizations again. Maybe we should condemn ALL Christians too because of a few bad eggs. What do you think?
<quoted text>
What about the HATE ejaculated by Jesse Helms and other leading Evangelical leaders in the US? Why haven't you spoken up about them? Oh, that's right, because your religious bigotry is ONLY geared towards the Jews. The "Christians" get a free pass.
<quoted text>
Bravo. Grade A performance. You get the part of the anti-Semitic bigot, hands down.
Try and deal with ALL my points intelligently and honestly.

Give it another try. No more half-baked BS.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered the question you posed. You asked for the size of the Sephardic Israelis. There size is 8% of the Jews in the world. That shows you how little influence this Rabbi had in worldwide Jewry. And, that assumes that ALL Israeli Sephardi backed him and his outlandish viewpoint. His viewpoint is like a mouse fart in the middle of Time Square.
Which is the point both Frijoles and I are making. I never heard of him. Moreover, as I have oft said, being a Reform Jew I care not what the Israeli Orthodox say.
You are joking and wasting my time.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) with citric acid....
They are two different compounds....
Understand?
rabbee: vitamin c, comprised of ascorbic and dihydroascorbic acids. they are both considered as ascorbic acids. both are the product, of the slight controled oxidation of fermented fructose sugar.
HughBe

Spanish Town, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

I shall be back later to see if any honest attempt has been made to have a truthful discussion.

I don't have the appetite for the slippery.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 53,721 - 53,740 of68,358
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min voice of peace 67,861
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 3 hr NITiN 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr andet1987 455
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr LRS 174,457
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,511
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••