Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
53,501 - 53,520 of 68,861 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
VOLUNTARIST:
PLEASE dig your head out of these brain-numbing conspiracy theories and kindly study some logic and get a decent Math and Science education.
Traditional remedies can cure many lifestyle disease conditions - I don't dispute this.
But, serious diagnosis and severe disorders need state of the art medical techniques which only allopathy can offer.
How much of Math/Science have you studied, Sir?
I mean how good is your Math, Physics, Chem and Bio?
Have you studied these most important subjects at least till the undergrad level?
Your posts do not reflect average logical skills nor a basic knowledge of Math or Science and are mere ramblings, illogic, gauche deductions and hearsay conspiracy stuff.
No offense intended.
I just have your best interests at heart.
Best Regards.
I base my comments on Dr Wallechs work, I am no expert in the matter..
I have excellent math skills btw, I ran 3 successful businesses for 20 years with no help from any accountants.
I now run 2 service businesses.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
VOLUNTARIST:
Bye, it was uber-cool conversing with you, dude.
I like you very much.
It's time for me to take my medicines.
I'm a bit better today...
If my health deteriorates, I'll soon be leaving, under doctor's advice, for Europe, to seek advanced medical treatment.
Best Regards to your wife, kids, parents and to you.
Take care.
What is your diagnoses?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm quite sure that your pediatrician recommends that ineffective flu vaccine, and you follow the idiots advice lock step.
Why don't you focus your attention on answering my other post.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

I am no expert in the matter..
That's evident.

What I like about you is that you at least attempt to engage me in a serious intellectual discussion on a variety of topics without bringing in sarcasm, deflection, giving me the cold shoulder, fanaticism and ridicule and besides you avoid forming cliques or targeting posters and try being as unbiased as is possible.

I like these mature qualities in a person and hopefully look forward to many stimulating debates with you in the future.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-50 4784_162-57605754-10391705/jim my-kimmel-on-obamacare-vs-the- affordable-care-act/
Jimmy Kimmel on Obamacare vs. The Affordable Care Act
I heard part of that on the radio yesterday. It truly saddens me to think that these are the people that vote for the people sent to Congress...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

I have excellent math skills btw, I ran 3 successful businesses for 20 years with no help from any accountants.

I now run 2 service businesses.
I know a lot about financial investments (buying/selling/leasing prime real estate, making heavy investments in blue chip companies and buying/selling of precious metals like gold and platinum in bulk)....

Some observations from me -

Why have you changed 3 businesses over the past years - what I mean is that big time or successful business men simply don't fold up a business three times and then jump into some other business. Jumping from one business to another indicates a small enterprise or lack of business acumen or losses in all 3 attempts.

You could make book entries and deal with financial institutions and IT officials without needing the help of a qualified chartered accountant - does this mean that the scale of your former 3 businesses (that you gave up one after the other) was small or had a small client base and a modest turnover which is why you could work out the financial details on your own? This means that you know about the ins and outs of business laws, taxation structures/slabs, government policy and so on.

Do you travel abroad on business?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

I have excellent math skills
aha ha!

Here are 3 extremely easy problems in Math (Grade 8 level).

A businessman claiming to be "excellent" in Math and who does his own accounting should find the following Math questions real easy.

1) CP = Cost Price, SP = Selling Price

If the CP of 10 pens = SP of 12 pens, is a profit or a loss made in the transaction? Calculate the percent profit or percent loss.

(show all the working steps)

2) Find the sum of the series to n terms

243 + 324 + 432 +.......n

3) A dealer offers a scheme - he sells one chocolate for $ 1 and says that for every empty wrapper returned a free chocolate would be given. A boy has $ 15 with him. How many chocolates can he have in all if he participates in the above scheme?

4) If the amount made in the 3rd year on an investment is $ 8 millions and if the amount made the following year is $ 8.5 millions, find the interest in $ if the rate of interest is 10% pa, interest being compounded annually.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard part of that on the radio yesterday. It truly saddens me to think that these are the people that vote for the people sent to Congress...
...and now you know why Congress is in the pathetic state that it's in.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hughbe, you dont know sht about Israeli politics or culture. And you know even less about world Jewish politics and culture.
Shas is a POLITICAL party. The Rabbi was a chied POLITICIAN. Get it?
Sure, he had influence. Over his party, his followers, and his sympathizers. Who are in Israel.
Ask any Jew outside of Israel if they follow Shas, and virtually 99% percent of them will look at you like you are crazy and say no.
I am not sure how many times I have to state this. COR and Eric already stated it in their own ways.
Stop being dense.
Frijoles---Hughbe, you dont know sht about Israeli politics or culture. And you know even less about world Jewish politics and culture.

HughBe--- What is clear to me is that YOU don't know about English comprehension.

Now get someone with sense to explain the extract below.

"He is considered by his followers – directly, ultra-Orthodox Sephardic public, and indirectly, the wider religious society – as a master sage, or Maran, and the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law. Hence, his health is no laughing matter."

My summary of the quote above---Yosef is considered by his followers and the wider religious society – as a MASTER sage, or Maran, and the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law. Hence, his health is no laughing matter.

It is of NATIONAL interest as well as interest in the US and elsewhere.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it ever possible to be wrong?
I'm wrong most of the time according to my wife, except when I eliminated her gall stone, the dr put her on morphine for shiats sake.
the liver is an amazing organ.
No, not for shts sake, the doc put her on morphine for pain control. If she did not have pain, she should of declined the morphine. Pretty simple, really.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Hughbe, you dont know sht about Israeli politics or culture. And you know even less about world Jewish politics and culture.
HughBe--- What is clear to me is that YOU don't know about English comprehension.
Now get someone with sense to explain the extract below.
"He is considered by his followers – directly, ultra-Orthodox Sephardic public, and indirectly, the wider religious society – as a master sage, or Maran, and the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law. Hence, his health is no laughing matter."
My summary of the quote above---Yosef is considered by his followers and the wider religious society – as a MASTER sage, or Maran, and the generation’s GREATEST authority on religious law. Hence, his health is no laughing matter.
What wider society? We already defined the limits of his following. Israeli, sephardic, and religious. Pretty small, considering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

99.9% of Jews in the US have no idea who the guy is. HOw many times do I have to repeat that to you? YNET is an Israeli paper, not an American paper.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
...and now you know why Congress is in the pathetic state that it's in.
Hey - you know the guy in Fairfield they just busted for explosives (in the paper)? I think he was my Chem teacher in NCC back in the 80s.

And we now have helicopters above our hood b/c of the DC shooting.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you where YOU have failed, Hugh.
You refer to a FIVE-term Republican United States Senator who was also a founding member of the "Moral Majority" as a "Christian nobody", yet you quiver at the thought of a "Sephardi CHIEF Rabbi of ISRAEL" saying something you find unpleasant.
YOU have NOT quantified why Yosef has a span of influence greater than Jesse Helms when Jesse Helms and his supporters CLEARLY had more followers.
And what of the other influential evangelicals I posted about? Jerry Fallwell? Pat Robertson? Are they all nobodys too with little influence?
Why the obsession with Yosef, but complete ignorance and silence with Jesse Helms and the other evangelicals? Your anti-semitic bias shines through as usual.
1. Nobody can get me to quiver i.e. outside of a threat to my life.

2. Is your Christian Senator regarded as the GREATEST sage even by his congregants?

3. He is a nobody when compared to Yosef who CHANGED the religious and political life in Israel. Has your Christian Senator CHANGED the religious and political life in the US?

4. The obsession with Yosef is yours. History shows that I have used others in support of my point. YOU have chosen to focus on Yosef and have sought to DIMINISH his significance in Israel and Judaism. Shame on you, COR.

5. When I called your Christian man a nobody was I being anti-Christian?

6. What is it that I have said about Yosef that makes me anti-semitic? Memory tells me that what I have done was to quote him and in your mind that makes me anti-semitic. That BS will not work with me.

What if I had called Yosef a NOBODY as I did your Christian Senator man, what would you have called me?

7. I find that you have used the word anti-semitic in a TOTALLY DISHONEST and in my mind a CRIMINAL way.

Please ANSWER all questions above.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should worry about the cannibalism in your country. When was the last time you ate a woman, Hugh? How about a little boy.
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf...
The little boys are left for YOU, dear Eric.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, what's your IQ?
Is your IQ 52?
Or, what is it?
I'd like to co-relate your IQ score with your observed intelligence.
I am waiting for your reply.
It is 52 plus 52 plus ?= better than most on EARTH.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what?
What exactly do you mean by the word intelligence?
Could you elaborate, please?
I'm gonna take you to task where intelligence is concerned.
You're as unintelligent as your American opponents.
Anyway, peace.
Meditate upon my words and ask yourself things like-- what should I expect from semi-literate persons in terms of expressions etc.

Keep in mind that they have the IQ of a genius.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it goes without saying that I have great taste, terrific class, incisive intelligence and a fantastic academic record until I wasted everything and have nearly destroyed myself after meeting that evil sorcerer.
Get wisdom also. I warned you in the early days when I started to exchange ideas with you but you could not see the merit in what I said, then.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
I can't say that I love you.
Genuine love is reserved only for special people.
But, yes, I like you a lot.
Best Regards.
As soon as your taste improves and you have acquired wisdom you will love me with all of your heart.

Trust me on that, MON.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You amuse yourself, but to everyone else you come off as an idiot
good job
Indeed I amuse myself and ALL others who are not dim-witted fools.

Now, explain why you are not amused by me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE