Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,523
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58971 Sep 24, 2013
RICK THE BRAINLESS & GENETICALLY ABNORMAL HOMO is not a Yahudi since his beliefs and practices have very little in common with the original teachings of the Tanach. Besides, I think he's white and so his ancestral gene pool has been diluted by European blood. LOL.

Location hidden

#58973 Sep 24, 2013
The original Yahudis were olive skinned or brown skinned Middle Easterners of Asiatic stock. A White Jew is an aberration and it indicates mixed ancestry ME + European or conversion of a white person to Judaism. LOL.

Location hidden

#58975 Sep 24, 2013
Rabbi David Wolpe says that God created consciousness. LOL.

Location hidden

#58976 Sep 24, 2013
SALMAN RUSHDIE ON THE MUMBO JUMBO OF RELIGION:

1) Religious stories about where we came from are nice stories but they are fake and unscientific.

2) Religions substitute draconian laws, fanaticism, tribalism and inquisitions in place of morality and have very little idea about right and wrong.

Yeah! Way to go Salman Rushdie. Rushdie is an alum of Cathedral School, Mumbai. Proud.

Location hidden

#58977 Sep 24, 2013
ANAL SEX:

HUGH,

1) See, there's nothing like a liberal Jew or a Born Again Christian not that I am against any of these recent manifestations of faith nor am I a supporter of any faith for the matter. Liberal Jew or Born Again Christian are modern terms.

2) However, it's only logical to assume that if a Jew wishes to be true to his faith he has to follow the teachings of the Tanach in letter and in spirit without dilution, modification or accretion and similarly if a Christian wishes to be loyal to his faith he has to follow the teachings of Jesus without adding, changing or subtracting anything from the original teachings.

3) Now, regarding your stand on homosexuality - you consider anal sex between men wrong simply because the scriptures say so. Ironically, the same religious books are silent on the subject of anal sex between man and woman. Leaving aside this issue of anal sex between heterosexual couples, I would like to ask you what evidence do you have to prove that anal sex between men in gay relationships is wrong - in what way is it wrong or damaging?

Thank you.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58978 Sep 25, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Haters gotta hate.
I don't worry about anti-Semites when they're low-life bottom feeders who have never even met a Jew who wasn't their court-appointed attorney.
Antisemitism is gone from mainstream world thought and those who still embrace it are of no consequence.
As a man once said, don't worry about those who want to kill you. Worry about those who can.
True, but making fun of the ignoramusi here is a sport.

Location hidden

#58979 Sep 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, is it RIGHT or WRONG to break the laws of say the US? Recall, I spoke of homosexuality as being ILLEGAL and in my mind that means WRONG by law. You educate me
I cant speak for Jamaica which we all know is backwords with its deplorable attitudes and human rights record, but here in the US it is legal to be gay, and legal in many states, including my own, to marry.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>HughBe--- Given that you RESPECT the words of your rabbis ABOVE those of your Maker, I shall not ask you a question based on religion.
Usual misinformation. The Rabbi of my congregation supports gay rights and incorporates gay people equally into all aspects of religious and congregational life.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>Frijoles---Someday you will learn how to respect gay people
HughBe--- Why do you always speak so foolishly in cases where people hold a different opinion from you hold?
In your case it is most obvious it is not a case of you holding a different "opinion". You expend remarkable amounts of energy promoting a hateful agenda. It is bizarre at best and pathological at worst. As they say in the Artic, if you cant deal with the heat, stay out of the sun.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#58980 Sep 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but making fun of the ignoramusi here is a sport.
Sport implies there is actually an effort required to do so. As a game hunter, I can not, in good conscience, all this sport.

This is more like shooting caged birds with a semi-automatic 12 gauge.

Location hidden

#58981 Sep 25, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
ANAL SEX:
HUGH,
1) See, there's nothing like a liberal Jew or a Born Again Christian not that I am against any of these recent manifestations of faith nor am I a supporter of any faith for the matter. Liberal Jew or Born Again Christian are modern terms.
Those are modern terms, because ever since the advent of organized religion, there has always been competing movements of interpretation within the religions.

Also, it is easy to confuse the notion of relaxation of standards with the notion of renewing the ideology to make a better fit with present. These are sometimes the same, sometimes different. But all movements, including those now labeled fundamentalist and those labeled liberal, share these notions.

And on the margins we have people like Hughbe, and often you (depending on if for the moment you are channeling Jekyll instead of Mr Hyde), who lack even the fundamental cultural insight into the religious movement that they are critiquing, and therefore waste their time critiquing crumbs rather than analyzing the meat.

Location hidden

#58982 Sep 25, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Sport implies there is actually an effort required to do so. As a game hunter, I can not, in good conscience, all this sport.
This is more like shooting caged birds with a semi-automatic 12 gauge.
True.

Furthermore, I shall be taking a break from this slaughter for a few days to attend to one of my own sports. Its 330 AM here and I am leaving soon to catch a flight.

Location hidden

#58983 Sep 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Those are modern terms, because ever since the advent of organized religion, there has always been competing movements of interpretation within the religions.

Also, it is easy to confuse the notion of relaxation of standards with the notion of renewing the ideology to make a better fit with present. These are sometimes the same, sometimes different. But all movements, including those now labeled fundamentalist and those labeled liberal, share these notions.

And on the margins we have people like Hughbe, and often you (depending on if for the moment you are channeling Jekyll instead of Mr Hyde), who lack even the fundamental cultural insight into the religious movement that they are critiquing, and therefore waste their time critiquing crumbs rather than analyzing the meat.
This shows you've understood nothing about religion in its essential sense. LOL.

Location hidden

#58984 Sep 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

I am leaving soon to catch a flight.
Enjoy your cattle class (economy) seat!

Shame, forget flying first class. He is not even booked on a business class seat.

ROFL.

Location hidden

#58985 Sep 25, 2013
Flying on Thai Airways Royal Silk Class or First Class on Singapore Airlines or a first class seat on Emirates is great!

Location hidden

#58986 Sep 25, 2013
Singapore's Changi Airport - a big wow! Not a single American airport is anywhere near the extremely high standards set by Changi Airport, Singapore.

Location hidden

#58987 Sep 25, 2013
Yawn. Bored with the dunces. LOL.

Location hidden

#58988 Sep 25, 2013
Religion is having a run of the place rather than being on the run. Shame.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#58989 Sep 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being asked to reflect on your own comments about OBSERVANT Jews.
My focus is not on Jews but on the RELIGION called Judaism and its poisonous nature especially on the simple minded like Eric and Frijoles.
Poisonous nature....hmmm ...sounds awfully anti-semitic indeed.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#58990 Sep 25, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
The original Yahudis were olive skinned or brown skinned Middle Easterners of Asiatic stock. A White Jew is an aberration and it indicates mixed ancestry ME + European or conversion of a white person to Judaism. LOL.
Once again your ignorance is legendary.

Two major research articles on Jewish DNA appeared in June. As reported by Nicolas Wade in the New York Times in an article titled "Studies Show Jews' Genetic Similarity," they settle an old controversy. One of the surveys of genomic or autosomal DNA was conducted by Gil Atzmon of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Harry Ostrer of New York University and appears in the American Journal of Human Genetics. The other, led by Doron M. Behar of the Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa and Richard Villems of the University of Tartu in Estonia, is published in the journal Nature. The two teams reached similar conclusions independently and simultaneously. Their findings refute the long-standing contention that Jews “have no common origin but are a miscellany of people in Europe and Central Asia who converted to Judaism at various times.”

http://dnaconsultants.com/_blog/DNA_Consultan...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58991 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poisonous nature....hmmm ...sounds awfully anti-semitic indeed.
HughBe---My focus is not on Jews but on the RELIGION called Judaism and its poisonous nature especially on the simple minded like Eric and Frijoles.

Adam---Poisonous nature....hmmm ...sounds awfully anti-semitic indeed.

HughBe--- If the ability to identify that a RELIGION is poisonous and to call poison poison makes me anti-semitic then so be it.

The fact is Judaism teaches a lot of POISONOUS things and here I am not thinking about the teachings of 400 years ago I am speaking about teachings in OUR lifetime.

I shall post some of the POISON for you.

I also believe that many who MALICIOUSLY call people anti-semitic for no TRUE reason should be PROSECUTED.

It is my opinion that people in general know what bad things are and so for someone to call bad bad and as a result is FALSELY accused of EVIL then the accusers should be IMPRISONED.

I am accusing you of EVIL and a HATER.
danetoo

London, UK

#58992 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again your ignorance is legendary.
Two major research articles on Jewish DNA appeared in June. As reported by Nicolas Wade in the New York Times in an article titled "Studies Show Jews' Genetic Similarity," they settle an old controversy. One of the surveys of genomic or autosomal DNA was conducted by Gil Atzmon of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Harry Ostrer of New York University and appears in the American Journal of Human Genetics. The other, led by Doron M. Behar of the Rambam Health Care Campus in Haifa and Richard Villems of the University of Tartu in Estonia, is published in the journal Nature. The two teams reached similar conclusions independently and simultaneously. Their findings refute the long-standing contention that Jews “have no common origin but are a miscellany of people in Europe and Central Asia who converted to Judaism at various times.”
http://dnaconsultants.com/_blog/DNA_Consultan...
That's really interesting.

Been told a few times by judeophobes that European jews are khazars that converted and therefore are "invaders" and "occupiers" and committing "holocaust" against Palestinians ...

etc..... etc.......... etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Patrick 1,115,209
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min edogxxx 98,349
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min litesong 47,022
PerfettoPerformanc2010 on eBay 44 min BarefootJoe 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 178,603
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,046
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Wolverine33 4,743
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago