Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,267
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#58955 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Explain the word ex-Jews.
2. I am not condemning Judaism I am condemning the EVIL that is taught in it.
3. Judaism today would be unrecognizable by Moses the lawgiver.
For one thing Moses would ask, what the hell are those ORAL Laws? He would say, I WROTE EVERYTHING.
Pardon me to say, the "art of writing" was not so advanced in the time of Moses. MOST of his teachings were Oral (as for most prophets of the past). What was written down were ten commandments and some basic teachings.

Not the details about different sacrifices and details about Ark of YHWH!!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58956 Sep 24, 2013
HUGH, PLEASE GROW UP:

1) Get rid of your stone age morality where marriage, sex and sexual orientation are concerned. Those were the days of ignorance about human nature and the role played by genes in determining human proclivities.

2) In the light of modern understanding of human nature based on genetics, evolution and psychology and in hard logical terms:

A) MARRIAGE is a misnomer or a superfluous institution as you don't need a mumbo jumbo religious ceremony to sanctify your union with a partner;

B) SEX is not taboo and one may have sex prior to or out of marriage provided one is protected from diseases and provided one does not end up with serious mental obsessions of the damaging kind and provided one's partner is open to the idea of multiple sex partners and does not mind one's promiscuity;

C) SEXUAL ORIENTATION is a matter of genetic inclination of which there are 3 types - heterosexuality, homosexuality/lesbianism and bisexuality. Besides, modern reproductive techniques like invitro and cloning have made procreation through male-female sexual means redundant.

Ok, Mon?

Grow up.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58957 Sep 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me to say, the "art of writing" was not so advanced in the time of Moses. MOST of his teachings were Oral (as for most prophets of the past). What was written down were ten commandments and some basic teachings.
Not the details about different sacrifices and details about Ark of YHWH!!
The scriptures say, Moses wrote the law.

"And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and unto all the elders of Israel."

Location hidden

#58958 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

3. Judaism today would be unrecognizable by Moses the lawgiver.
For one thing Moses would ask, what the hell are those ORAL Laws? He would say, I WROTE EVERYTHING.
A cursory observation reveals that Moses' sayings are not unique or exhaustive or binding in many cases.

Moses' knowledge and experiences are not the last word on any subject for the matter.

If you hold Moses as a role model then you'll have to support or condone or imitate all his savagery which are too well known to be repeated here....

Location hidden

#58959 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

1. Explain the word ex-Jews.
As simple as saying that a man has changed his old shirt for a fresh one.

If you're referring to the genetic part then I have explained my stance in a previous post.

New beliefs bring in new mind-matter vibrations that gradually overlay and modify the old ones with the passage of time and besides the formation of the new mind-matter patterns depend on the intensity of the new beliefs or new practices.

Location hidden

#58960 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

2. I am not condemning Judaism I am condemning the EVIL that is taught in it.
Then reject the Tanach per se knowing well that in large parts it is a manual promoting war, bloodshed, slavery, fanaticism and cruelty.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58961 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
HUGH, PLEASE GROW UP:
1) Get rid of your stone age morality where marriage, sex and sexual orientation are concerned. Those were the days of ignorance about human nature and the role played by genes in determining human proclivities.
2) In the light of modern understanding of human nature based on genetics, evolution and psychology and in hard logical terms:
A) MARRIAGE is a misnomer or a superfluous institution as you don't need a mumbo jumbo religious ceremony to sanctify your union with a partner;
B) SEX is not taboo and one may have sex prior to or out of marriage provided one is protected from diseases and provided one does not end up with serious mental obsessions of the damaging kind and provided one's partner is open to the idea of multiple sex partners and does not mind one's promiscuity;
C) SEXUAL ORIENTATION is a matter of genetic inclination of which there are 3 types - heterosexuality, homosexuality/lesbianism and bisexuality. Besides, modern reproductive techniques like invitro and cloning have made procreation through male-female sexual means redundant.
Ok, Mon?
Grow up.
Joel---SEXUAL ORIENTATION is a matter of genetic inclination

HughBe---Give the link to the scientific data.
Weimar Republic

Greenfield, MA

#58962 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
HUGH, PLEASE GROW UP:
Ok, Mon?
Grow up.
It all goes back to The Weimar Republic and the same people here today.
"The Sexual Decadence of Weimar Germany"

by Lasha Darkmoon
and Veterans Today dotcom
A must read!

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/09/24/sexua ...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58963 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
As simple as saying that a man has changed his old shirt for a fresh one.
If you're referring to the genetic part then I have explained my stance in a previous post.
New beliefs bring in new mind-matter vibrations that gradually overlay and modify the old ones with the passage of time and besides the formation of the new mind-matter patterns depend on the intensity of the new beliefs or new practices.
The ex-Jew concept makes no sense. Jews had their identity long before Judaism.

Do you share your progenitors religious beliefs?

If you do not share their beliefs, are you now an ex-son of your parents and grandparents etc?

How do the descendants of Israel become his ex-descendants?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58964 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Then reject the Tanach per se knowing well that in large parts it is a manual promoting war, bloodshed, slavery, fanaticism and cruelty.
No, the Tanach does not teach that all who are not Jews are only born to serve Jews etc.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#58966 Sep 24, 2013
Wow. I have been gone from here since January, and there are over 11,000 posts. I suspect that I am not going to try and read every one of them...

Location hidden

#58967 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

No, the Tanach does not teach that all who are not Jews are only born to serve Jews etc.
You're ignorant.

Tanach says various things attributed to various patriarchs at different points in the history of the evolving Yahudi community but remember even a seemingly benign revelation coming after a savage or an intolerant one where the same subject matter is concerned is mostly based on tribalism meaning that what's good for the tribe is to be done and it is never meant in a secular or in a universal or a global context - the good to be done with respect to goyim should be done to make gains for the community or to safeguard the interests of the community . It does not say - all paths to Truth are equal nor does it say that any form of worship is the same as El worship nor does it say that any other typal being other than El is G-d nor does it say that the prophets of other faiths are equal to the Hebrew patriarchs and so on.

Location hidden

#58968 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

The ex-Jew concept makes no sense. Jews had their identity long before Judaism.

Do you share your progenitors religious beliefs?

If you do not share their beliefs, are you now an ex-son of your parents and grandparents etc?

How do the descendants of Israel become his ex-descendants?
Your reptilian brain has failed to understand the logic.

Anyway, believe what you will but don't disturb the peace nor go around imposing your fanatical beliefs on others and above all do good, better and best to your own self and to others irrespective of faith, race, socio-economic status and nationality.

Best Regards.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#58969 Sep 24, 2013
Two non-Jews, who hate Jews, and have no first-hand knowledge of Jews or Judaism ... arguing what they believe to be the beliefs, nature and practices of Judaism.

Comedy Gold!

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#58970 Sep 24, 2013
Liam R wrote:
Wow. I have been gone from here since January, and there are over 11,000 posts. I suspect that I am not going to try and read every one of them...
I'd advise against it. There is a surgeon general's warning against reading too many posts in this thread in succession.

Location hidden

#58971 Sep 24, 2013
RICK THE BRAINLESS & GENETICALLY ABNORMAL HOMO is not a Yahudi since his beliefs and practices have very little in common with the original teachings of the Tanach. Besides, I think he's white and so his ancestral gene pool has been diluted by European blood. LOL.

Location hidden

#58973 Sep 24, 2013
The original Yahudis were olive skinned or brown skinned Middle Easterners of Asiatic stock. A White Jew is an aberration and it indicates mixed ancestry ME + European or conversion of a white person to Judaism. LOL.

Location hidden

#58975 Sep 24, 2013
Rabbi David Wolpe says that God created consciousness. LOL.

Location hidden

#58976 Sep 24, 2013
SALMAN RUSHDIE ON THE MUMBO JUMBO OF RELIGION:

1) Religious stories about where we came from are nice stories but they are fake and unscientific.

2) Religions substitute draconian laws, fanaticism, tribalism and inquisitions in place of morality and have very little idea about right and wrong.

Yeah! Way to go Salman Rushdie. Rushdie is an alum of Cathedral School, Mumbai. Proud.

Location hidden

#58977 Sep 24, 2013
ANAL SEX:

HUGH,

1) See, there's nothing like a liberal Jew or a Born Again Christian not that I am against any of these recent manifestations of faith nor am I a supporter of any faith for the matter. Liberal Jew or Born Again Christian are modern terms.

2) However, it's only logical to assume that if a Jew wishes to be true to his faith he has to follow the teachings of the Tanach in letter and in spirit without dilution, modification or accretion and similarly if a Christian wishes to be loyal to his faith he has to follow the teachings of Jesus without adding, changing or subtracting anything from the original teachings.

3) Now, regarding your stand on homosexuality - you consider anal sex between men wrong simply because the scriptures say so. Ironically, the same religious books are silent on the subject of anal sex between man and woman. Leaving aside this issue of anal sex between heterosexual couples, I would like to ask you what evidence do you have to prove that anal sex between men in gay relationships is wrong - in what way is it wrong or damaging?

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min GOPidiots 1,156,205
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Dale 182,166
Fight at Navy Pier 12 min joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 1 hr Tim 146
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,296
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Breezy _Soul 4,797
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?