Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,100
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58890 Sep 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
For the 100 millionith time, I find it bizarre anyone would care that anyone else says someone is ex-something, so much so as to waste multiple lines on a post. Over and over again.
I did NOT see the post about ex-Jew. I saw the one about changing RELIGION.

Get it?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58891 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I did NOT see the post about ex-Jew. I saw the one about changing RELIGION.
Get it?
Doesnt matter, and you know it

any times someone mentions the word Jew you get all rabid with the Jews, Judaism, Rabbis rantings.

Bizarro

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58892 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very little, fool.
I repeat, watch your karma - you're heading for disaster in relationships, health and business.
Learn to be a better human being, fast!
Best Regards.
During Halloween do you give candy out laced with cyanide?
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#58893 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I am wrong but I take it that all of the additions above are submitted as PROOF that Constantine and his band added to the Bible.
Having said that tell me how these additions are applicable only to Gentiles. Also tell me how they would make Gentiles HAPPY as you have said.
Recall your words, "THEY then added stuff to make the Gentiles happy.
You need to read the source material to understand. "you know how to read you ignorant f---?"


The verses were added to make Jesus more like Roman/Greek deities.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58894 Sep 24, 2013
all the most worthless conversations, in the world. that have nothing to do, with what is really true from G-D here in TheTorah today.

and if you cannot get, this today right with G-D here in TheTorah. then all of your, precepts about yesterday and tomorrow is just as felonious.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58895 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Noted
Good.

Now, seek out the good Rabbis and you'll find most are the good ones.

OK?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58896 Sep 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is where the conversation started. With Joel saying that the guy was an ex-Jew. It was a running conversation that occurred within less than 30 minutes. And, I deceived no one. You just had your head up your tush for the first part of the conversation.
For me, it started at the post that I responded to but you are correct that it started prior to that post which attracted my attention.

Question, is it possible that I was attracted to these words of yours, "pssst, don't tell Hugh. Hugh will force him to remain a Jew."

The claimed 30 minutes are IRRELEVANT. The key is when I came to the forum and what I saw.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58897 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

I really did.
Science of detachment, transcendence and transformation are based on Yogic experiences and have nothing to do with scripture reading, rituals, beliefs, intellectualism or thoughts.

You have to come into direct contact with the Higher Forces via your awakened psychic to know what these phenomena mean firsthand.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58898 Sep 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How come when Joel tells you that all rabbis are not the same, you at least acknowledge what he says.
I am keeping the above for each time you talk about MY rabbis--for which I have exactly 2.
I am sure that many times in the past I have said that I speak of them as a GROUP. I may not say this every time but I have said it many times in the past.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58899 Sep 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt matter, and you know it
any times someone mentions the word Jew you get all rabid with the Jews, Judaism, Rabbis rantings.
Bizarro
You are a BLATANT LIAR and a nasty truck load of fowl and HOG shiT.

Quote ONE rabid case about Jews.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58900 Sep 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt matter, and you know it
any times someone mentions the word Jew you get all rabid with the Jews, Judaism, Rabbis rantings.
Bizarro
The Jews need to STONE trashes like you for ALL the EVILS that you commit against them.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58901 Sep 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read the source material to understand. "you know how to read you ignorant f---?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mBlJ9N7EhgkXX
The verses were added to make Jesus more like Roman/Greek deities.
Please FOCUS and respond. I am hopeful that the task is not beyond your capability. Best of luck.

Correct me if I am wrong but I take it that all of the additions above are submitted as PROOF that Constantine and his band added to the Bible.

Having said that tell me how these additions are applicable only to Gentiles.

Also tell me how they would make Gentiles HAPPY as you have said.

Recall your words, "THEY then added stuff to make the Gentiles happy.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#58902 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Now, seek out the good Rabbis and you'll find most are the good ones.
OK?
It would be my pleasure to meet a good one. Based on their disciples I am not hopeful but I remain hopeful.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#58903 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Question, is it possible that I was attracted to these words of yours, "pssst, don't tell Hugh. Hugh will force him to remain a Jew."
It's irrelevant. The conversation started with Joel calling the guy an "ex-Jew" which I knew would spike your interest. The quotation above just added to the moment.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#58904 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

The claimed 30 minutes are IRRELEVANT. The key is when I came to the forum and what I saw.
The 30 minutes are relevant because I was having a conversation with Joel--not you--and we both were cognizant of how it started.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58905 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

I am just kidding. I knew that you were joking and I was just playing along based on your comments. Put it to rest.
Sure, thank you.

BTW, being Jewish or being an ex-Jew is not all about a fixed type of genes - the so-called Jewish genes.

The fluid phenomenon of ethno-religious type where say the Jews are concerned has more to do with one set of mind-matter vibrations overlying and thus modifying the earlier typal mind-matter patterns that extend far beyond the dawn of Judaism beginning with Genesis and Abraham. This is a continuous process.

This unchanging ethno-religious model painted in genetic terms is flimsy.

Remember, the ancient Hebrews came from a common gene stock or of gene pools related to each other given that these people resided in geographical proximity in some unknown/hazy original homeland that could have been Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iraq or G-d knows where and that prior to the advent of Abraham the community was obviously in existence and had ancestors and religious/cultural beliefs and traditions other than those traced to Biblical sources.

Abraham, too, surely had a genetic ancestry that was based on beliefs and cultural patterns other than what he later adopted which forms the basis of Judaism.

So, the ethnic/genetic patterns of the Tanach Hebrews stretching beyond the times of Abraham is the original gene pool of the community.

With the advent of new beliefs based on the revelations of Abraham and other patriarchs, the old psycho-physical patterns of the community got overlaid with the new ones - the ones related to El worship and its concomitant rituals.

Thus, old genetic patterns can and logically speaking should undergo a change with new patterns of thinking, emoting, living and inter-marrying in different geo-socio-cultural setup overlaying and modifying the old.

Besides, knowing that the G-d of the Tanach is a deity borrowed from the warring pantheon of Gods from the Babylonian cultures that precede the origins of the Tanach brings in the question of transferred psychological and emotional effects into the gene pool of the people borrowing the religious beliefs/customs of some other people and then adapting it to suit their own requirements.

Moreover, with the passage of time, marriage with Europeans has also introduced new typal patterns in the Jewish gene pool and with the formation of sects within Judaism other genetic changes can be expected at a deeper level of being.

Atheism among ex-Jews or with ex-Jews adopting new belief systems will also introduce new imprints in the mind-matter matrix of the Jews.

So, I hesitate to use the word Jew in a strict ethno-religious context except in a very restricted sense as explained above.
Eric

South Elgin, IL

#58906 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that many times in the past I have said that I speak of them as a GROUP. I may not say this every time but I have said it many times in the past.
Is the Group totally homogeneous? Does a majority of the Group hold the opinions of which you complain? When you refer to MY rabbis, are you referring to those of MY movement only? Remember, MY movement is considered not to be Judaism by the Chabad and the Hareidi.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58907 Sep 24, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

It would be my pleasure to meet a good one. Based on their disciples I am not hopeful but I remain hopeful.
There are plenty of good Rabbis and numerous Jews with a universal outlook who seek peace, happiness, progress and harmony with other communities.

Many Rabbis and lay Jews are into Vipassna meditation, Buddhist philosophies, Vedanta and the like that you'll be surprised at what lies beneath the typical Jewish veneer.

Seek them out.

Very easy to do so.

Don't form your opinions of Jewry by looking at Jews of the perverse Sabbatean-Frankist type and don't condemn all Jews by looking at the fanatical Zio-Jews with zero brain power like Frijoles and others.

Right, then?
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58908 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Science of detachment, transcendence and transformation are based on Yogic experiences and have nothing to do with scripture reading, rituals, beliefs, intellectualism or thoughts.
You have to come into direct contact with the Higher Forces via your awakened psychic to know what these phenomena mean firsthand.
rabbee: along with the illusion, of great self importance. comes even the greater risk, of even greater arrogant insane stupidity.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#58909 Sep 24, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, thank you.
BTW, being Jewish or being an ex-Jew is not all about a fixed type of genes - the so-called Jewish genes.
The fluid phenomenon of ethno-religious type where say the Jews are concerned has more to do with one set of mind-matter vibrations overlying and thus modifying the earlier typal mind-matter patterns that extend far beyond the dawn of Judaism beginning with Genesis and Abraham. This is a continuous process.
This unchanging ethno-religious model painted in genetic terms is flimsy.
Remember, the ancient Hebrews came from a common gene stock or of gene pools related to each other given that these people resided in geographical proximity in some unknown/hazy original homeland that could have been Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iraq or G-d knows where and that prior to the advent of Abraham the community was obviously in existence and had ancestors and religious/cultural beliefs and traditions other than those traced to Biblical sources.
Abraham, too, surely had a genetic ancestry that was based on beliefs and cultural patterns other than what he later adopted which forms the basis of Judaism.
So, the ethnic/genetic patterns of the Tanach Hebrews stretching beyond the times of Abraham is the original gene pool of the community.
With the advent of new beliefs based on the revelations of Abraham and other patriarchs, the old psycho-physical patterns of the community got overlaid with the new ones - the ones related to El worship and its concomitant rituals.
Thus, old genetic patterns can and logically speaking should undergo a change with new patterns of thinking, emoting, living and inter-marrying in different geo-socio-cultural setup overlaying and modifying the old.
Besides, knowing that the G-d of the Tanach is a deity borrowed from the warring pantheon of Gods from the Babylonian cultures that precede the origins of the Tanach brings in the question of transferred psychological and emotional effects into the gene pool of the people borrowing the religious beliefs/customs of some other people and then adapting it to suit their own requirements.
Moreover, with the passage of time, marriage with Europeans has also introduced new typal patterns in the Jewish gene pool and with the formation of sects within Judaism other genetic changes can be expected at a deeper level of being.
Atheism among ex-Jews or with ex-Jews adopting new belief systems will also introduce new imprints in the mind-matter matrix of the Jews.
So, I hesitate to use the word Jew in a strict ethno-religious context except in a very restricted sense as explained above.
DNA has shown Jews whether Aahkenazi, Sephardic or Mizrahi are more closely related to each other than to anyone else. That represents ethnicity. The commitment of Jews to Judaism is another story and totally unrelated to DNA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min KiMerde 50,625
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min fetch almighty 1,126,713
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,390
Amy 10-24 7 min RACE 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Year 47,497
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 28 min Go Blue Forever 23
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr little boy blue 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]