Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
52,461 - 52,480 of 68,947 Comments Last updated 25 min ago
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58344 Sep 18, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that pretty much how every religion works?
rabbee: drat! they are forever stuck between pick any ten of the 7 Noachide commands or 613 commands of G-D'S to Moshe.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#58345 Sep 18, 2013
danetoo wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think she might pass through West London ?
If so, I will bake my special cake and make a cuppa tea ...
You're a child of Israel, part of the chosen people. Queen Elizabeth is sitting on the throne of David and English will become the universal language. Zeph. 3:9. The Messiah will live in Jerusalem and David will probably live primarily in Washington D. C. and visit London. How did you know the Messiah is a woman?

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

#58346 Sep 18, 2013
After nearly 60,000 posts to this thread, it has truly degenerated into a monkey house.

Now, the only question I have to ask myself is ...

Does my continued participation make me Jane Goodall, interested observer maintaining my species-based objectivity ... OR ...

Does it make me one of the monkeys?

As I ponder this I'm overwhelmed with the desire to fling my own feces at the glass.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58347 Sep 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
After nearly 60,000 posts to this thread, it has truly degenerated into a monkey house.
Does my continued participation make me Jane Goodall, interested observer maintaining my species-based objectivity ... OR ...
As I ponder this I'm overwhelmed with the desire to fling my own feces at the glass.
rabbee: no comment!

but the best i can say, about your ability to observe is - well never mind. just when you are, so close to the real truth. but what can you say about, monkey see monkey doo-doo? but some how i do not consider you female enough to be jane with me as get tarzan.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58348 Sep 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
BS - you do judge
and it kills you that we ignore you
rabbee: well according to the scriptures of joel. he has more than a bs degree, he has a p-h-d, pilled higher and deeper degree. as it is most unfortunate, that joel does not ignore himself either. far beyond stuck up, is the totally self convinced.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58349 Sep 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

You are a megalomaniac, and your posts reflect as such. You enjoy "debate" but only within the foundation that you assert. The problem being , of course, is that your foundation is full of mistruths. And this is despite repeated attempts to correct.
Ok,

Yes, I do have quite a high opinion of my intellectual capacities given my outstanding academic record and also since very few people can hold their own when they debate/converse with me.

You are adorable, funny and lovable, but, well, where intelligence is concerned you're a big zero and besides you're parochial where cult, community and Israel are concerned and so on account of all these reasons you rank very low down on the intellectual, secular and free thinking scale.

And, where style or class is concerned you lag way behind and come across as lower class or somewhere there.

Anyway, I find you adorable and wish you very well.
Voluntarist

United States

#58350 Sep 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
Why change patterns? Go eat it like you usually do.

Location hidden

#58351 Sep 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Hughbe has an evangelical agenda. All correspondence with him is ultimately a waste of time.
Yes, Hugh is evangelical but so are many others.

You are tribalist, fanatical and pro-Zionism.

Hugh is a sex pervert and so are you.

Both Hugh and you lack intelligence, style and poise.

Hugh comes across as a better human being than you in many ways.

No offense intended.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#58352 Sep 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Moizes. You've read and participated in the baiting of the Christians on the "Who is Allah" thread. You've seen the degree that the Muslim posters have demeaned "Biblical Jesus". The Christians should have every right to have you all put to death under your theory.
And by the way, did you notice how "True Christians" showed their "respect to our prophet"?

And what "Honor and Respect" they showed there?

So there should be two gallows, one for Muslims disrespecting "Biblical Jesus" and another for Christians "Disrespecting the LAst and Final Prophet"?

Do you agree?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#58353 Sep 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
The real question of this thread was "Are Messianic Jews persecuted in Isreal"? The answer is yes, so we can close the thread on a positive nod, shall we?

Location hidden

#58355 Sep 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Why change patterns? Go eat it like you usually do.
Oh my! ha ha ha ha

Location hidden

#58356 Sep 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

You enjoy "debate" but only within the foundation that you assert.
Which foundation do I assert?

Can you give me a few examples of how your allegation that I keep a debate within a certain foundation?

Thank you.

Location hidden

#58357 Sep 18, 2013
TYPO:

FRIJOLES,

Can you give me a few examples of your allegation that I keep a debate within a certain foundation?

Thank you.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

#58358 Sep 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question of this thread was "Are Messianic Jews persecuted in Isreal"? The answer is yes, so we can close the thread on a positive nod, shall we?
No, for three reasons

1. There is no such thing as a Messianic Jew -- they are Xtians who, for reasons well known -- they play at being Jews. I can call myself a Muslim -- but, if I believe in something wholly other than what Islam espouses that doesn't make me a Muslim.

2. They aren't, as a group, persecuted. I believe there may have been individual examples of unfair treatment. But, there is no concerted governmental or private effort to deprive a single Messianic Xtian of their rights or property. If you're looking for an example of actual persecution. Take a look at the plight of women and foreign workers in your own Saudi Arabia.

3. There is no country called "Isreal"

Location hidden

#58359 Sep 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Belief in religion is very close to belief in government.
Both beliefs are exercises in deceit, ignorance, fanaticism, mind control, exploitation and violence.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#58363 Sep 18, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
No, for three reasons
1. There is no such thing as a Messianic Jew -- they are Xtians who, for reasons well known -- they play at being Jews. I can call myself a Muslim -- but, if I believe in something wholly other than what Islam espouses that doesn't make me a Muslim.
2. They aren't, as a group, persecuted. I believe there may have been individual examples of unfair treatment. But, there is no concerted governmental or private effort to deprive a single Messianic Xtian of their rights or property. If you're looking for an example of actual persecution. Take a look at the plight of women and foreign workers in your own Saudi Arabia.
3. There is no country called "Isreal"
So you have gone back to square one? And want another 60,000 + posts?

I like you part that it "does not matter what people call themselves", if they do not follow "Basic teachings of that religion" , they should not be member of that religion.

So if Christians are those who follow teachings of jesus Christ, then MOST of people who call themselves Christians are not Christians.

And speaking correctly, Messianic Jews are "real Jews and Real Christians" if they act on what their name says.

And I also like your ending part "There is no country like Isreal"!!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58364 Sep 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that municipalities are fictitious entities is paranoid?
ooga ooga, ooga ooga

Location hidden

#58365 Sep 19, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
I just tried that in my previous post

Man, that felt great

Location hidden

#58366 Sep 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Hugh is evangelical but so are many others.
You are tribalist, fanatical and pro-Zionism.
Hugh is a sex pervert and so are you.
Both Hugh and you lack intelligence, style and poise.
Hugh comes across as a better human being than you in many ways.
No offense intended.
Stop being a crud

Yes, I hold certain religious and political views, but anyone who isnt a moron knows that I dont frequent these forums to foist these views on others. I frequent these forums for amusement.(Mr Hughe, otoh, constantly posts hate posts solo on this and other forums)

Consider that foundation error #1

Location hidden

#58367 Sep 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you follow mosaic law? Or you pick and choose which law to follow.
Can members of your citizens society pick and choose which ordinances to follow?
Google Judaism and start reading a Jewish website

this is a great one to start - myjewishlearning.com

even Wiki is probably helpful

I would share with you, but I know from experience you really arent interested. The one thing I would share is that I follow a relatively liberal branch of Judaism. Since you probably have issues with the word "liberal" you probably dont even recognize or understand the implications of that statement.

L'ht'ra-out !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 10 min Corrupt Democrats 1,902
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Obskeptic 177,350
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Grey Ghost 1,099,857
The monkey in the room 25 min hands on AR 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min James 68,351
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 2 hr Mr Michael 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search