Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,623)

Showing posts 52,441 - 52,460 of68,161
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't remember the last time Jews put someone to death for blasphemy. Muslims, on the other hand...
So what you are saying is that they dont practice what they preach?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

I have seen and experienced many of the best things that material life has to offer, am unfazed by pomp and glamor and pedantics, have personally touched great intellectual heights, have developed intuition to a high degree, lived through severe abuse at home, cultivated a great deal of equanimity, seen destruction/death of near and dear ones, broken many false ceilings, grown out of an ivory tower, rebelled, suffered for wrong decisions, seriously harmed by a guru-charlatan and have had and am getting some wonderful and rare yogic experiences. It's all part of my growth of consciousness. If I die now, I'll willingly go with the wealth of information and experiences that I have accumulated at this young age. I am proud to say that I m one of those rare few who has taken the first few steps on the brave path of being and becoming and am glad that I am not confined by the evils of parochialism, prejudice, mindless rituals, scriptural mumbo jumbo, fanaticism, intellectual stupidity and dogma. Shalom.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you criticize, you have to recognize. The "City" doesnt exist, remember? Dont be inconsistent.
That is why its in quotations dumb dumb, its a fictitious entity.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why its in quotations dumb dumb, its a fictitious entity.
Sorry, my antenna is generally not tuned to the paranoia end of the spectrum. I forget I have to retune whenever I speak with you so as to understand you better.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he is saying we dont preach.

It appears you are the one preaching.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
We're listening. Give us the plenty of supporting proof.
You are an eternal optimist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't judge posters.
I am least bothered if you or if anyone else reads my posts or not.
Good if you read my posts, good if you don't read my posts.
I am ok with both aspects given my high degree of equanimity in these matters.
On my part, I scrutinize every post, including yours, as a matter of intellectual interest since I have a universal outlook.
Grow up, you're so parochial, fanatical, biased, immature, unclassy, impoverished, unfair and sub-intellectual.
Bye.
BS - you do judge

and it kills you that we ignore you

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time a Jew preached that blasphemers should be executed? I don't recall any Jew preaching that in modern times. You forget that, unlike most Christians, Jews don't necessarily take their scriptures literally.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time a Jew preached that blasphemers should be executed? I don't recall any Jew preaching that in modern times. You forget that, unlike most Christians, Jews don't necessarily take their scriptures literally.
So they pick and choose which phrases out of the book they want to follow

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

BS - you do judge

and it kills you that we ignore you
I find your response very immature.

You're not getting my point.

I love having no-holds barred debates or free conversations with everyone where nothing is a holy cow and where everything is open for approval or rebuttal.

I hold no brief for any religion/cult, nation, community, scripture, G-d/God, prophet, saint, scientist, lifestyle or individual - everything is open to scrutiny in an objective and a fair manner as is possible.

I don't seek to offend but to lay bare certain facts, good or bad.

I am evolutionary, not static.

My love and attachment for you remain unchanged even in the midst of bitter criticism.

I don't mix personal likes with fair and free debates and am open to anyone who wishes to communicate.

I don't ignore or blacklist anyone for his views or personal attacks as the case may be.

It's petty and inferior people who hold grudges, form cliques, ignore people, get angry with detractors, get jealous of superior personalities, or fume and fret when trounced in debate.

In this matter, I commend Hugh for holding no grudges even when insult and criticism are heaped upon him relentlessly. He responds with humor or acerbity depending on the context but is always quick to console or praise his opponent when he gets an opportunity. He is quite a magnanimous person inspite of his evident drawbacks.

At times, I deliberately tease or offend someone who has a thin limit of tolerance simply to test his poise but at the same time I have all the goodwill in my heart for the person concerned and will go out of my way to extend help of need be and if he so desires.

You see, dearest Papa, life is too short to hold grudges or to boycott anyone.

It's best if people cultivate fairness, equanimity, secularism and objectivity and learn to take praise and criticism with an equal mind.

Wishing you the very best in life.
Eric

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite!
In the third book of the Torah , Leviticus 24:16 states that he that
blasphemes the name of the LORD "shall surely be put to death".
See also List of capital crimes in the Torah. The Seven laws of Noah,
which Judaism sees as applicable to all people, prohibit blasphemy.

Big difference. The above talks about G-d which the Muslims would call Allah. The death pronouncement under discussion is for ridicule of Muhammad and not of Allah. You will find no death pronouncement pertaining to the ridicule of any prophet in the Torah.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews do not understand the prophetic books and a lot of them do not believe in a Messiah at all. If they do believe in Messiah, they don't understand that this person is God incarnate. The scriptures are very clear about this and it goes as far back as Moses that God will dwell on earth. That was the purpose of the construction of the Temple, a house for God. Earth is called "the land of the living" in the scriptures and God will take up residence here permanently.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that pretty much how every religion works?
danetoo

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews do not understand the prophetic books and a lot of them do not believe in a Messiah at all. If they do believe in Messiah, they don't understand that this person is God incarnate. The scriptures are very clear about this and it goes as far back as Moses that God will dwell on earth. That was the purpose of the construction of the Temple, a house for God. Earth is called "the land of the living" in the scriptures and God will take up residence here permanently.
do you think she might pass through West London ?

If so, I will bake my special cake and make a cuppa tea ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Newflash to you? Come now.

actually, to more accurate, we look for adaptations. We have an entire Code of Law that is a lot thicker than what you call the Old Testament that involves discussion and adaptation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>.
Big difference. The above talks about G-d which the Muslims would call Allah. The death pronouncement under discussion is for ridicule of Muhammad and not of Allah. You will find no death pronouncement pertaining to the ridicule of any prophet in the Torah.
I did raise that point earlier to MUQ I think

But more importantly - what is the penalty for satirizing G-d in a written work? Not death, certainly.

Since: Aug 13

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

[QUOTE
[/QUOTE]I am so tired of hearing the jews whine about being persecuted. it seems to me that they just don't get along with others no matter where they go. They expect sympathy from all others but do nothing to earn it. The israelis are always using "THE HOLOCAUST as leverage to get sympathy & help from the U.S. & other countries all the while they are bringing a holocaust down upon the Palistinians in Gaza. They posess nuclear weapons but won't join the nuclear non proliferation treaty ; even Iran & North Korea joined (although N. Korea has since left. Syria said they have chemical weapons as a deterrant to Israels nukes so if the US & the UN make Syria give up its chemical weapons then Israel must give up its nukes & chemical weapons. Not a big fan of israel; with a friend like them we don't need any enemies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your response very immature.
You're not getting my point.
I love having no-holds barred debates or free conversations with everyone where nothing is a holy cow and where everything is open for approval or rebuttal.
I hold no brief for any religion/cult, nation, community, scripture, G-d/God, prophet, saint, scientist, lifestyle or individual - everything is open to scrutiny in an objective and a fair manner as is possible.
I don't seek to offend but to lay bare certain facts, good or bad.
I am evolutionary, not static.
My love and attachment for you remain unchanged even in the midst of bitter criticism.
I don't mix personal likes with fair and free debates and am open to anyone who wishes to communicate.
I don't ignore or blacklist anyone for his views or personal attacks as the case may be.
It's petty and inferior people who hold grudges, form cliques, ignore people, get angry with detractors, get jealous of superior personalities, or fume and fret when trounced in debate.
In this matter, I commend Hugh for holding no grudges even when insult and criticism are heaped upon him relentlessly. He responds with humor or acerbity depending on the context but is always quick to console or praise his opponent when he gets an opportunity. He is quite a magnanimous person inspite of his evident drawbacks.
At times, I deliberately tease or offend someone who has a thin limit of tolerance simply to test his poise but at the same time I have all the goodwill in my heart for the person concerned and will go out of my way to extend help of need be and if he so desires.
You see, dearest Papa, life is too short to hold grudges or to boycott anyone.
It's best if people cultivate fairness, equanimity, secularism and objectivity and learn to take praise and criticism with an equal mind.
Wishing you the very best in life.
You are a megalomaniac, and your posts reflect as such. You enjoy "debate" but only within the foundation that you assert. The problem being , of course, is that your foundation is full of mistruths. And this is despite repeated attempts to correct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>

which are many....

Hughbe has an evangelical agenda. All correspondence with him is ultimately a waste of time.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Newflash to you? Come now.
actually, to more accurate, we look for adaptations. We have an entire Code of Law that is a lot thicker than what you call the Old Testament that involves discussion and adaptation.
Do you follow mosaic law? Or you pick and choose which law to follow.
Can members of your citizens society pick and choose which ordinances to follow?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 52,441 - 52,460 of68,161
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min The Debils Mentally ILL 1,072,810
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,740
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min No Warming 45,547
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 59 min andet1987 403
1st to contact have a gift 1 hr posttopics 1
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 2 hr Amena 70
Israel Will Avenge The Holocaust: Nuke Germany ... 2 hr Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 1
•••

Tornado Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search