Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,541
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58302 Sep 18, 2013
In so many ways, Dr Richard Dawkins is a great intellectual.

Location hidden

#58303 Sep 18, 2013
Kudos, Dr Richard Dawkins.

Location hidden

#58304 Sep 18, 2013
The late Christopher Hitchens was a well-meaning atheist but was mostly on the surface.

Location hidden

#58305 Sep 18, 2013
Dr Romila Thapar, atheist and ace Indic researcher, is class, wealth and intelligence personified.

Location hidden

#58306 Sep 18, 2013
Dr Lawrence Kraus, atheist and physicist, is crass and has a very superficial intellect despite his credentials in physics.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58307 Sep 18, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
The Super Dunce, Frijoles, has a doctorate in science. LOL.
Thanks for the judging "nuts". Glad you read me.

I dont bother reading yours anymore

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58308 Sep 18, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
"The City" can't look any worse than it already does. With that pathetic lame ass mayor and the rest of the banana bunch.
Before you criticize, you have to recognize. The "City" doesnt exist, remember? Dont be inconsistent.

Location hidden

#58309 Sep 18, 2013
Holism is connectedness of the various strands of the whole at a fundamental level.

Location hidden

#58310 Sep 18, 2013
The particular is an aspect of the general.

Location hidden

#58311 Sep 18, 2013
From the lower end, the movement is from the particular to the general.

Location hidden

#58312 Sep 18, 2013
The details are in the particular, the universal principle is in the general.

Location hidden

#58313 Sep 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanks for the judging "nuts". Glad you read me.

I dont bother reading yours anymore
I don't judge posters.

I am least bothered if you or if anyone else reads my posts or not.

Good if you read my posts, good if you don't read my posts.

I am ok with both aspects given my high degree of equanimity in these matters.

On my part, I scrutinize every post, including yours, as a matter of intellectual interest since I have a universal outlook.

Grow up, you're so parochial, fanatical, biased, immature, unclassy, impoverished, unfair and sub-intellectual.

Bye.

Location hidden

#58314 Sep 18, 2013
The particular is defined by the quantitative and the qualitative.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#58315 Sep 18, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
ORTHODOX JEWS STILL PRACTICE HUMAN SACRIFICE:
There are plenty of orthodox Jews who practice human sacrifice till this day.
This is a well known fact with plenty of supporting proof.
Satanists.
We're listening. Give us the plenty of supporting proof.

Location hidden

#58316 Sep 18, 2013
The general is the culmination of the quantitative and the qualitative aspects and exists as principle.

Location hidden

#58317 Sep 18, 2013
Bell's Theorem rings a bell!

Location hidden

#58318 Sep 18, 2013
Yeah!

Cleanliness begins at home - there comes a point in time when sensitive and intelligent persons expose the evil in their own life, family, cult or community. It's a relief to throw away one evil but it's a disaster to jump from the frying pan into the fire when say for example after quitting an ancestral evil one adopts another evil disguised as good and then after immense suffering and tragic personal losses the veil of delusion further lifts and the adopted evil is also thrown away. I don't care about good or bad. I am most concerned with truth experienced subjectively and expressed objectively or with outright objective evidence.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58319 Sep 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
FLASH NEWS:
Despite the many mumbo jumbos you can read on Quran, Islam is a monotheistic religion. There is not one single verse that point out towards monolatrism.
rabbee: the worship of hasatan, is a monotheistic religion.

the worship of baal hamolech, is a monotheistic religion also.

the worship of halooseefer, is also a monotheistic religion.

and you have no guarantee, that all the sunni, shiite, or alwaite, hamas, hezbolla, fatah, palestinean, and other muslim cults, are not anyone of these either.
Voluntarist

United States

#58320 Sep 18, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't remember the last time Jews put someone to death for blasphemy. Muslims, on the other hand...
So what you are saying is that they dont practice what they preach?

Location hidden

#58321 Sep 18, 2013
I have seen and experienced many of the best things that material life has to offer, am unfazed by pomp and glamor and pedantics, have personally touched great intellectual heights, have developed intuition to a high degree, lived through severe abuse at home, cultivated a great deal of equanimity, seen destruction/death of near and dear ones, broken many false ceilings, grown out of an ivory tower, rebelled, suffered for wrong decisions, seriously harmed by a guru-charlatan and have had and am getting some wonderful and rare yogic experiences. It's all part of my growth of consciousness. If I die now, I'll willingly go with the wealth of information and experiences that I have accumulated at this young age. I am proud to say that I m one of those rare few who has taken the first few steps on the brave path of being and becoming and am glad that I am not confined by the evils of parochialism, prejudice, mindless rituals, scriptural mumbo jumbo, fanaticism, intellectual stupidity and dogma. Shalom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 10-2 3 min Judge Janie 7
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,115,734
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Jonah1 50,071
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 11 min Your Ex 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min loose cannon 178,625
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 33 min Common Sense 4,057
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min scirocco 68,567
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,375
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]