Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,076
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#58191 Sep 17, 2013
Yawn. Bored. Need a partner for.... LOL.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#58192 Sep 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
1. Can a woman take a picture of another woman? Can a child take the picture of another child?

2. What is the difference between a painting and a picture?

3. What is the difference between a natural scene and a non-natural scene? Is a landscape dotted with factories natural? Is a picture of a man urinating unnatural?(for the sake of the question lets assume you cant see the nakedness)

4. But you have to concede that when someone issues a fatwa that opines someone should die (thinking Mr Rushdie or the girl recently in Pakistan), the purpose behind the fatwa MUST be to garner as much media attention as possible.

5. No different than the crazy dingbat preacher in Florida who wishes to BBQ all the Korans. Its him to blame, not the media, he solicits and craves the attention. Your mullahs in the examples above are the same.
Ans.

Mr. Frijoles, please remember I am not a "Mufti" or Islamic scholar to issue a Fatwa. I am just a student of Islam, so what I write is from my own knowledge about Islam.

1. On Idols, Photos, paintings and sculptures:

The Basic thing in Islam is that "worshipping any thing else beside Allah is banned and not permissible".

Then anything which leads people to that false worship is not permissible. But this banning is of "secondary nature" and not equal to the offense of "worshipping a false god".

Since making statues, paintings of a living person (especially if he be a prophet of God or any Great Islamic Scholar or Teacher) could lead people to worship them at a later stage, that is why, they were not allowed.

But making pictures of non animate objects and natural scenes, had "less chances" of being misused, that is why it was allowed.

2. Photography was a new thing that was not present in earliest Islamic days, so the opinion is divided on its status.

Some Scholars do not consider that Photo is same as Idols or Sculptures and allow it completely.

While others think that it carries 'same danger" as idols and sculptures so and should be banned.

"Middle path" is that unnecessary photography, especially of religious scholars, which might be misused should not be allowed.

Taking pictures of strange females (with bad intentions) is also not allowed.

So the questions you have asked are simple ones and have simple answers.

3. Fatwa and its issuance:

I agree that scholars before issuing Fatwas should think about its repercussions. They should show restraint and it is better to consult others Scholars before issuing it.

The Media should also know the true value of Fatwas and do not "overplay" their impact on Muslims and world.

After saying so, let me tell you that I support that Rushdie should die, for lampooning the personality and character of our prophet, and write a book that is fit for gutter.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#58193 Sep 17, 2013
COR wrote:
Is it really the western media that distorts these views, or is the fault of those who hijack your religion (and their supporters) that drive the media to such conclusions? Don't be so quick to put the blame on others.
Ans.

Mostly it is the fault of Media who always write any thing connected with Islam with a negative bias.

And considering that Islam is World's second biggest religion, the ignorance which this media has about Islam is inexplicable.

The commit mistakes which even a Muslim child can point out that it is wrong, yet many News Papers and magazines print it, without any shame.

In fighting between Muslims is a fact, but the media gives it another color and starts blaming Islam and Islamic teachings , which is totally wrong.

What is needed is restraint from both side and not do some thing to expand the gulf, but try to bridge it and reduce it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#58194 Sep 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
European royalty plays the most influential role in the NWO network.
LOL

What do you know about European royalty, anyhow?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58195 Sep 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Ya Ma.(smiles)
Hebrew has distinct verb forms designated "perfect" and "imperfect. With some exceptions, the former refers to past time = completed action; the latter refers to non-past time = non-completed action.
incorrect

try again little boy

Location hidden

#58196 Sep 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Mr. Frijoles, please remember I am not a "Mufti" or Islamic scholar to issue a Fatwa. I am just a student of Islam, so what I write is from my own knowledge about Islam.
1. On Idols, Photos, paintings and sculptures:
The Basic thing in Islam is that "worshipping any thing else beside Allah is banned and not permissible".
Then anything which leads people to that false worship is not permissible. But this banning is of "secondary nature" and not equal to the offense of "worshipping a false god".
Since making statues, paintings of a living person (especially if he be a prophet of God or any Great Islamic Scholar or Teacher) could lead people to worship them at a later stage, that is why, they were not allowed.
But making pictures of non animate objects and natural scenes, had "less chances" of being misused, that is why it was allowed.
you didnt answer my question

Location hidden

#58197 Sep 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.

3. Fatwa and its issuance:
I agree that scholars before issuing Fatwas should think about its repercussions. They should show restraint and it is better to consult others Scholars before issuing it.
The Media should also know the true value of Fatwas and do not "overplay" their impact on Muslims and world.
agreee

you get the point here
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
After saying so, let me tell you that I support that Rushdie should die, for lampooning the personality and character of our prophet, and write a book that is fit for gutter.
Death as a punishment for insulting?

Come now - how can anyone NOT interpret that answer as in the EXTREME. So much for Islam being a middle path, of logic, peace, and reason,

Collosal fail

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#58198 Sep 17, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You were INSTRUCTED to quote my words. You were NOT asked to tell me what your deluded mind believes.
Now quote my words that support your claim that I said, "Jews sacrificed children".
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, dear. Now simplify it for them.
Also address the matter of the religion that they were following when they worshipped idols even AFTER the time of Moses and which included the sacrifice of their children.

Were they Jews or not who were following Judaism?

Your move

Location hidden

#58199 Sep 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL

What do you know about European royalty, anyhow?
What's there to know about them?

Their secret ancestry is something to speculate about but of which there exist certain leads....

Anyway, the point is that they play a major if not the major role in the NWO network.

Remember, the sun never sets on the British empire....

Location hidden

#58200 Sep 17, 2013
Hugh,

Come online. Please save me from the preying paws of daddy bears....(if you know what I mean).

(smiles)

Location hidden

#58203 Sep 17, 2013
ETHNO-RELIGIOUS EVANESCENCE:

Ethno-religious type is a flimsy ground to distinguish people of various backgrounds since the vibrational imprint in one's being can easily be replaced or overlaid with another set of vibrations of the psychological, vital-emotional and physical kind if the person concerned switches faiths or dumps religion altogether. Besides, if say X has a specific ethno-religious force field on account of his ancestral faith that he also adheres to, then, well, it can only mean that the present vibrational force field is imposed or is overlaid on a previous ancestral force field when the distant ancestors worshipped another God other than the present one. So, ethno-religiosity is a fluid event in being and is nothing to be proud of especially if it's the source of mental disorders, serious personality defects, tribalism, fanaticism, various physical illnesses and homosexual tendencies. LOL.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#58206 Sep 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
...After saying so, let me tell you that I support that Rushdie should die, for lampooning the personality and character of our prophet, and write a book that is fit for gutter.
And you have the gall to blame the western media for misrepresenting Islam and showing it in a negative light. You're doing a fine job on your own.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#58207 Sep 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
What is needed is restraint from both side and not do some thing to expand the gulf, but try to bridge it and reduce it.
MUQ wrote:
Great way to show your restraint. You're doing a fine job convincing us that Islam is the "Religion of Peace".

Location hidden

#58211 Sep 17, 2013
TRUE POWER:

True Power is not about tyranny, murder, enslavement, mind control, abuse, curse, intolerance or violence. True Power is the Power of Transformation - to transform the bad into the good and the good into the transcendent and the transcendent into the absolute - without raising a finger, speaking a word or shedding a drop of blood. This is true Power in action. This aspect of Power commences from the supramental.

Location hidden

#58213 Sep 17, 2013
Good night. Feeling feverish and physically weak. Later.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58214 Sep 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
DO JEWS CONTROL THE FEDERAL RESERVE?
It's incorrect to state that Jews control the US economy or world finance. Jews don't control the Fed Reserve, they are useful puppets placed in power in the Fed on account of their sharp business acumen by a global committee of the most powerful New World Order types who're drawn from every religious, cultural, educational and ethnic background.
rabbee: well if you are not, a useful puppet of G-D. then that only leaves, being useful puppet of any of the three angels of the useful devil.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58215 Sep 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "is" or "was" in Hebrew. Try again.
rabbee: that is a very tense statement, there frijoles.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58216 Sep 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant believe you are wasting space on this.
rabbee: well the space between the ears, tends to do that a lot here.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#58217 Sep 17, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
So, there's no past tense and present tense in Hebrew? LOL.
rabbee: there is no future tense either, in true scriptural text.

Location hidden

#58218 Sep 17, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Great way to show your restraint. You're doing a fine job convincing us that Islam is the "Religion of Peace".
Even after all the years wasted on this forum, I still find a comment like his amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,126,235
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min factcheck 47,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min Jonah1 50,617
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 55 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,650
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 2 hr wasademocratNomore 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]