Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,305
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57811 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again..I will ask the question...
What does 'an eye for an eye' mean?
Let's see just how smart you are.
You are a waste of time. Go play with your dolly.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#57812 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles told me in the past that they no longer worshipped the God of the Bible.
Judaism is evolutionary and not static in its organic relationship with its G-d who has numerous aspects some of which were revealed to the patriarchs, while other aspects remained latent during the times of the patriarchs and so who's to say if the G-d of the Tanach did not reveal his hidden aspects to later day intuitive Jews?

Don't try and fit G-d into your tiny dark well of a mind and stop laying restrictions on progress and evolutionary trends and don't try to confine G-d within the narrow limits as seen in the teachings of the Tanach.

However, the teachings of the Tanach, too, are in many ways evolutionary with different laws/practices being recommended to the Jews in different ages/circumstances.

There's so much more to the innate nature of G-d than what Tanach can ever reveal in its limited way.

You've failed to understand Judaism and the Jewish mind both of which are evolutionary.

The modern world is full of tangible examples of Jews leading most of the radical lifestyle, political, financial or philosophical trends in areas like capitalism, communism, feminism, psychology, secularism, politics, human rights, jurisprudence, globalization and others.

This ingrained Jewish trait of evolving to newer planes is inherited from the evolutionary nature of the faith itself and so it spills over into the lives and practices and attitudes of Jews.

Now, buzz off, Cruff.

Location hidden

#57813 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

5" versus 14" seems that you are talking about my finger in the first instance and then my tool.
much love, mon.
No, no, no.

I was referring to my modest nu nu (dick) that measures 5" or at the most 5.5".

I thought the mention of my vital stat would excite you.

(grins)

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#57814 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a waste of time. Go play with your dolly.
Go play with your swaztika
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57815 Sep 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tanach is chock full of references to human sacrifices. Moses himself was a human sacrificer.
I don't understand your opposition to idols that're are human attempts to remember the ideal in concrete form - in the orthodox view, it's ok to worship an unseen G-d with human qualities but it is not ok to make an idol of the same anthropopathic G-d for worship. The unseen G-d with human traits is faceless, the other version which is the idol has a face/form. The qualities remain unaltered in both aspects - so, where lies the difference?
1. You should truly simplify the post that I made mention of as it is a good post and it is likely to go over the heads of those of Adam's ilk.

2. I know that the Tanach has references to human sacrifices and the fellow ought to know it. I know he knows it but he pretends in order to insert the nastiness and deception that he has learnt from Judaism.

3.My reference point is the bible and it says no idols.

4."The unseen G-d with human traits is faceless" in one sense yes but it does NOT mean that He is without a face.

5."the other version which is the idol has a face/form. The qualities remain unaltered in both aspects - so, where lies the difference?" but Joel the God of the bible is not made of stone or gold or wood and unlike the idols He can move, speak, manifest etc. and has infinite power. These are the differences.

Location hidden

#57816 Sep 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
The modern world is full of tangible examples of Jews leading most of the radical lifestyle, political, financial or philosophical trends in areas like capitalism, communism, feminism, psychology, secularism, politics, human rights, jurisprudence, globalization and others.
And of course this does not go for Christians or Muslims or Hindus?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57817 Sep 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism is evolutionary and not static in its organic relationship with its G-d who has numerous aspects some of which were revealed to the patriarchs, while other aspects remained latent during the times of the patriarchs and so who's to say if the G-d of the Tanach did not reveal his hidden aspects to later day intuitive Jews?
Don't try and fit G-d into your tiny dark well of a mind and stop laying restrictions on progress and evolutionary trends and don't try to confine G-d within the narrow limits as seen in the teachings of the Tanach.
However, the teachings of the Tanach, too, are in many ways evolutionary with different laws/practices being recommended to the Jews in different ages/circumstances.
There's so much more to the innate nature of G-d than what Tanach can ever reveal in its limited way.
You've failed to understand Judaism and the Jewish mind both of which are evolutionary.
This ingrained Jewish trait of evolving to newer planes is inherited from the evolutionary nature of the faith itself and so it spills over into the lives and practices and attitudes of Jews.
Now, buzz off, Cruff.
Joel, the sweetie---Judaism is evolutionary and not static in its organic relationship with its G-d

Hugh--- Judaism has no relationship to the God of the Tanach . The Tanach is NOT evolutionary.

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt NOT add thereto, nor diminish from it."

"Add thou NOT unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a LIAR."

Location hidden

#57818 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You should truly simplify the post that I made mention of as it is a good post and it is likely to go over the heads of those of Adam's ilk.
2. I know that the Tanach has references to human sacrifices and the fellow ought to know it. I know he knows it but he pretends in order to insert the nastiness and deception that he has learnt from Judaism.
3.My reference point is the bible and it says no idols.
4."The unseen G-d with human traits is faceless" in one sense yes but it does NOT mean that He is without a face.
5."the other version which is the idol has a face/form. The qualities remain unaltered in both aspects - so, where lies the difference?" but Joel the God of the bible is not made of stone or gold or wood and unlike the idols He can move, speak, manifest etc. and has infinite power. These are the differences.
You are so far off base it is risible. But you are amusing, keep us the laughs.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57819 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go play with your swaztika
Hitlerian pharaoh your days of oppressing, misleading and causing the suffering of the Jewish people are numbered by God Almighty.

Go re-circumcise some adults in your faith as they need the accompanying care that you know how to provide based on your abominable practices.

Location hidden

#57820 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also going to call you a person with a CRIMINAL mind. You and others like you should be charged with crimes against humanity and in particular the Jewish people.
In addition, it should be possible to charge you for your FALSE claim that you have made in your post. ONLY evil people would agree with you. All false claims of "anti-semitic jibberish." should land you in prison.
YOU belong in prison and no doubt it would seem like heaven to you.
Just as long as you remember....Psalm 146:3...you'll be ok

Location hidden

#57821 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel the God of the bible is not made of stone or gold or wood and unlike the idols He can move, speak, manifest etc. and has infinite power. These are the differences.
I am not against symbolism if it generates faith in the unseen Ideal.

How many believers can attain to the super-sensuous state in order to commune with G-d?

Just the rare few, right?

So, the masses at times who wish to pour their love and adulation for the unseen G-d with human qualities construct concrete images in his honor.

There's no disrespect intended in this practice since the un-intuitive masses need a concrete crutch to relate to the unseen G-d.

However, the warnings in the Tanach against making concrete images should be interpreted to mean that the unseen, anthropopathic G-d does not wish to be reduced to the gross level as the clay image would not properly convey his true station, power and consciousness.

The traits of the unseen G-d are anthropopathic but at the same time there are numerous supraphysical capacities that he possesses that exceed the level of the ordinary and unawakened human consciousness.

So, well, I have my views about the constructive aspects of symbolism (as mentioned above) but if the Deity itself - G-d - is opposed at any attempt at physical representation, then, who am I to argue with it?

A believer should simply respect the dictate.

Shalom.

Location hidden

#57822 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt NOT add thereto, nor diminish from it."

Do not alter anything or make additions to my revelations of the moment until the next set of instructions is given - this is what G-d meant.

This makes sense - stick to my commands, says G-d, given to a particular patriarch, under the given set of circumstances and at this point in time without making alterations. Perfect sense. Certain commands like the the 10 sayings of Moshe are eternal, others like say the sacrificial part is alterable. Judaism thus has an eternal aspect as seen in some of its teachings given by G-d and some other aspects are flexible or evolutionary in keeping with changing circumstances dependent on G-d's will and motives that benefit and secure the Jews the most.

If we read the Tanach we see many newer commands being issued by G-d in keeping with different sets of circumstances and at different points in time.

So, the faith is organic and evolutionary.

Please stop calling me sweetie.

Thank you.

Location hidden

#57823 Sep 4, 2013
I am shivering and a bit giddy since evening. I am going to lie down. It's 1:50 am here. Bye.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57824 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us idiot where was Ezekiel at the time?
Step 1---HughBe---"Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou SACRIFICED unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter"

Step 2-- Adam ---Sacrifice of children? You have any proof of that libel?

Step 3-- HughBe ---YOU are not only a DUNCE but you are without any sense of self-respect and honour.

(If you don't know that ancient Israel sacrificed their children from time-to-time then you are a DUNCE. The fact is your TWO questions confirm that you don't know and as such they confirm that you are in fact a DUNCE, among other things)

Step 4--- Adam, the simple---Tell us idiot where was Ezekiel at the time?

Step 5---Miss Adam may I answer in place of your fellow IDIOT? Thank you Miss Adam. He was in Babylon in captivity.

Now Miss Adam, how does his location change the TRUTH of his words that are in step 1 i.e. Israel SACRIFICED their children to IDOLS?

Question, do you and your masters have in mind this RELIGION of IDOL worship and children SACRIFICES when you both speak of Jews as being ethno-religious?

Why was Ezekiel and his landsmen in Babylon? Is it because they were DOING God's commandments and so God rewarded them with CAPTIVITY.

Miss Adam given that you did NOT know that ancient Israel sacrificed their children from time to time plus you have asked about the location of Ezekiel at that time I shall tell you a secret, his location is in the very first verse of the book of Ezekiel. Try reading it and get help in UNDERSTANDING the passage.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57825 Sep 4, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not alter anything or make additions to my revelations of the moment until the next set of instructions is given - this is what G-d meant.
This makes sense - stick to my commands, says G-d, given to a particular patriarch, under the given set of circumstances and at this point in time without making alterations. Perfect sense. Certain commands like the the 10 sayings of Moshe are eternal, others like say the sacrificial part is alterable. Judaism thus has an eternal aspect as seen in some of its teachings given by G-d and some other aspects are flexible or evolutionary in keeping with changing circumstances dependent on G-d's will and motives that benefit and secure the Jews the most.
If we read the Tanach we see many newer commands being issued by G-d in keeping with different sets of circumstances and at different points in time.
So, the faith is organic and evolutionary.
Please stop calling me sweetie.
Thank you.
HughBe---"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt NOT add thereto, nor diminish from it."

Joel---Do not alter anything or make additions to my revelations of the moment until the next set of instructions is given - this is what G-d meant.

Hugh--- In other words when He has learnt better e.g. kosher pork He shall make it known via those who are NOT His prophets.

YOUR BS is rejected.

Learn this about the God of the Tanach.

1."For I am the Lord, I CHANGE not"

2."The law of the Lord is PERFECT" Learn this God does not change PERFECTION.

3."his TRUTH endureth to ALL generations" plus "thy law is the TRUTH"

4."every one of thy righteous judgments ENDURETH for ever."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57826 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as long as you remember....Psalm 146:3...you'll be ok
I have lost count of how many request I have made of you for an explanation of this Psalm. Surprise me and explain it. It shall lead to your emergence out of the darkness of FALSE teachings into a marvelous light.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57827 Sep 4, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacrifice of children? You have any proof of that libel?
You are very confused. The 'Thou shalt have no other' quote refers to Christians not Jews.
The rest is merely anti-semitic jibberish.
Adam, the deceiver----Thou shalt have no other' quote refers to Christians not Jews.

HughBe--- Jews are also Christians, you deceiver. Every IDIOT including the gods of Judaism knows this.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57828 Sep 4, 2013
Adam---What Israel or Jews do or do not do is not your domain.

HughBe--- Really? Explain.

Adam--- DNA shows Jews are more closely related to each other than to any other people on the planet.

Explain--- Are Jews more closely related to each other than Chinese are related to each other? Do you know who are chinese? What about Africans?

The DNA of Jews that that you speak of and that shows RELATEDNESS is is a RELIGIOUS doctrine or is it a BIOLOGICAL fact ?

Adam---Israel never followed the laws? Which ones are you referring to?

HughBe--- The laws of God.

1.Tell me why they went into captivity.

2. Tell me the reasons for their expulsion from the Holy Land for almost 2000 years given that in your mind they were OBSERVING "Judaism", after all they are ethno-religious.(modified)

3. Explain the text which follows and then call your Maker a LIAR.

Jeremiah 7-- "SINCE the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt UNTO this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

26 Yet they HEARKENED NOT unto ME, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers."

(Question, how long have they NOT followed God's commandments? Answer is above but I am wondering if it is from the exodus.)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57829 Sep 4, 2013
My boy Adam, please take your time to digest the material and get the brightest of your rabbis to help you as I am planning to BRUISE the heads of some serpents.

Later
Tubby Tuke

AOL

#57830 Sep 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
My boy Adam, please take your time to digest the material and get the brightest of your rabbis to help you as I am planning to BRUISE the heads of some serpents.
Later
When do we eat ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min Mister Tonka 98,888
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min forks_make_us_fat 1,156,678
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 43 min RACE 4,927
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 45 min RACE 1,539
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min wojar 182,318
Amy 12-28-14 46 min RACE 11
Dear Abby 12-28 1 hr RACE 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:34 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:34PM
Did Suh Intentionally Step on Rodgers?
Bleacher Report 5:12 PM
Indianapolis Colts Cap Season with Fitting AFC South Sweep
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:57 AM
Vikings finish off Bears with 13-9 win - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:23 AM
Coby Fleener Realizing His Potential, Developing into Solid TE for Colts Offense