Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,571)

Showing posts 51,401 - 51,420 of65,215
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Mercy is above justice!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Punishment should always be reformative, never damaging and avengeful!
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
A person may have frequent mystical experiences, be highly intellectual, be well-educated, have terrific good looks and have loads of money but if there's no one to love him and care for him be sure sooner or later an emotional disturbance or a psychological imbalance sets in and destroys him. This aside, if he's targeted by the malevolent vital beings or by sorcerers who've let loose on him the adverse forces then his life becomes hell unless he finds a higher power to vanquish the troubles and silence or chase away the trouble-makers.
Kind Joel,

There is no reason for you to be unloved and un-cared for. You but need to break out of your self imposed seclusion and be with people. Not just your all too infrequent sojourns to high scale restaurants where the blood suckers milk you of your money and care little for you. Real encounters. You have so much intelligence but you do nothing with it. Surely there are institutions that can use your intelligence. Have you thought of teaching? Have you thought of research through your local universities?

If nothing else, you have taken the first step in realizing that there is a hole in your life. There are places to go for support. I am sure that those who share the same beliefs as you have such services available.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Regardless of the vast inheritance that keeps me away from work, even if I wish to put my intellectual talents to use, working is out of the question for me since I can't relate to anyone in an ordinary sense on account of my highly bruised mind/emotions and in addition there's always a higher force hovering on me that descends with power at times putting me in trance and along with that there're a host of adverse forces always targeting me. Besides, my close encounters with the play of the gross and subtle forces disqualify me for a job as my inner experiences and mystico-physical ideas would be too whacky for others to understand. Thanks, anyway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Let it all end. I am prepared for death. The sooner the better. I don't want to live anymore. I'm shivering. Good night.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel...You but need to break out of your self imposed seclusion and be with people...
I think I speak for all the people when I say we prefer he stay in seclusion. As long as he is in seclusion and venting his spleen exclusively on the Internet, the children and smaller house pets in his neighbourhood are relatively safe.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What Frijoles says, supra
Eric--What Frijoles says, supra

Hugh--- Your supra makes it TWO truck loads of BS.

So once again, during the lifetime of any person his or her beliefs will change many times. However his or her BIOLOGY NEVER changes, it is CONSTANT.

Tell me Eric, was the COVENANT to the land of Israel made to Abraham and Israel based on BELIEFS or was it based on BIOLOGY or SEED of ABRAHAM?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
I want you tonight.
(smiles)
I know and kindly control your desires. Please wipe away the saliva that is streaming out of your mouth because of such thoughts about me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
How many guys have you slept with till now?
How much have you earned from the flesh trade that you're into so shamelessly?
Joel--How many guys have you slept with till now?

Hugh---I have 4 brothers and I would say that I have slept with 3 of them as a child. We slept 2 in a bed until late teens.

How many men have you "worked" on, to date?
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--What Frijoles says, supra
Hugh--- Your supra makes it TWO truck loads of BS.
So once again, during the lifetime of any person his or her beliefs will change many times. However his or her BIOLOGY NEVER changes, it is CONSTANT.
Tell me Eric, was the COVENANT to the land of Israel made to Abraham and Israel based on BELIEFS or was it based on BIOLOGY or SEED of ABRAHAM?
objection; asked and answered--twice
and all of the above is just a ruse to cover for the egg on your face when you supported Joel for his statements about G-d and Satan. Just admit when you are wrong. It saves a lot of bandwidth.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Both. There was ethnicity but also behavioral obligations.
Fail.
HughBe---Tell me Eric, was the COVENANT to the land of Israel made to Abraham and Israel based on BELIEFS or was it based on BIOLOGY or SEED of ABRAHAM?

Frijoles---Both. There was ethnicity but also behavioral obligations.

HughBe--- Support by citing scriptures. Specify the "behavioral obligations" that God gave to Abraham as a condition for him to inherit the land.

Finally, I refuse to believe that Judaism teaches the BS that you are saying.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
Don't come to Mumbai dressed as a shemale.
I'll be too embarrassed to be seen with a shemale.
Joel---I'll be too embarrassed to be seen with a shemale.

Hugh--- Dear Joel, I NEVER play the part of a female.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles---Both. There was ethnicity but also behavioral obligations.
HughBe--- Support by citing scriptures. Specify the "behavioral obligations" that God gave to Abraham as a condition for him to inherit the land.
Why didn't Moses make it to the promised land if biologically he was a Hebrew? I guess it was because his didn't meet the "behavioral obligations".
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't Moses make it to the promised land if biologically he was a Hebrew? I guess it was because his didn't meet the "behavioral obligations".
1. Once again, Specify the "behavioral obligations" that God gave to Abraham as a condition for him to inherit the land. Don't DODGE. List them. They are in your scriptures.

2. Tell me the behavioural obligations that Moses failed to keep. Have you every read the Tanach? If so, tell me the reason for your FAILURE to understand the plain words as to the reasons given by God.

3.Which one of your rabbis living now or in the past is the equal of Moses in terms of Divine favour or OBEDIENCE to God?
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me the behavioural obligations that Moses failed to keep. Have you every read the Tanach? If so, tell me the reason for your FAILURE to understand the plain words as to the reasons given by G-d.
Moses was G-d's prophet. As such he was the voice and hand of G-d on earth. When Moses went out on his own and disobeyed G-d's commands, he failed as a prophet. In this case G-d wanted His voice to be heard. He wanted to demonstrate what the word of G-d can do. Failing as a prophet to meet G-d's directions, Moses failed to meet his behavioral obligations. The Tanakh says that a prophet who goes out on his own and does not convey the words and actions of G-d shall die. The punishment was pronounced immediately. Moses asked for reconsideration but G-d told him to be quiet and not bring up the subject again. Note that previously, G-d had directed that His hand be the demonstrative act in a similar situation. Moses did as directed, and everything was hunky dory.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses was G-d's prophet. As such he was the voice and hand of G-d on earth. When Moses went out on his own and disobeyed G-d's commands, he failed as a prophet. In this case G-d wanted His voice to be heard. He wanted to demonstrate what the word of G-d can do. Failing as a prophet to meet G-d's directions, Moses failed to meet his behavioral obligations. The Tanakh says that a prophet who goes out on his own and does not convey the words and actions of G-d shall die. The punishment was pronounced immediately. Moses asked for reconsideration but G-d told him to be quiet and not bring up the subject again. Note that previously, G-d had directed that His hand be the demonstrative act in a similar situation. Moses did as directed, and everything was hunky dory.
Bible has presented very false notion of what is the character of a True Prophet of God.

They indulge in all sorts of actions and commit acts which show a very low moral character.

The way you have criticized Moses, one of greatest prophets of God and great benefactory of Jewish people shows the honor and respect that you have for true prophets of God.

In Quran these prophets of God are presented in a totally different light. They are presented as perfect role models for their followers.

Islamic and Quranic position of Prophets of God is much superior to what we find in both OT and NT books.

People forget that Prophethood is the highest level to which any human can reach... they are as perfect human beings as any human can become.

It pains us Muslims when people use uncouth words about these prophets and talk about them as they are talking about any Tom, Dick and Harry.

Look at your own post and what serious charges you have brought against Moses, a Mighty prophet of God.

Now if on the day of judgement, God asks you to stand face to face with Prophet Moses and repeat and prove your charges....what will be your position?
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible has presented very false notion of what is the character of a True Prophet of God.
They indulge in all sorts of actions and commit acts which show a very low moral character.
The way you have criticized Moses, one of greatest prophets of God and great benefactory of Jewish people shows the honor and respect that you have for true prophets of God.
In Quran these prophets of God are presented in a totally different light. They are presented as perfect role models for their followers.
Islamic and Quranic position of Prophets of God is much superior to what we find in both OT and NT books.
People forget that Prophethood is the highest level to which any human can reach... they are as perfect human beings as any human can become.
It pains us Muslims when people use uncouth words about these prophets and talk about them as they are talking about any Tom, Dick and Harry.
Look at your own post and what serious charges you have brought against Moses, a Mighty prophet of God.
Now if on the day of judgement, God asks you to stand face to face with Prophet Moses and repeat and prove your charges....what will be your position?
OK, tell us the story of Moses and the rock from the Quran. Tell us why Moses didn't get to go to the promised land from the Quran.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
...In Quran these prophets of God are presented in a totally different light. They are presented as perfect role models for their followers...

Such, just to be clear, Mohammed's examples of rape, pillage, murder and child molestation are your idea of a "perfect role model"?

That explains a lot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

Such, just to be clear, Mohammed's examples of rape, pillage, murder and child molestation are your idea of a "perfect role model"?

That explains a lot.
Where mass murder, war, abuses, curses, persecution of unyielding opponents, iconoclasm and sexual perversion are concerned, wasn't Muhammad simply emulating the example of the Hebrew patriarchs?

Besides, the patriarchs of the Tanach indulged in human sacrifices, bashing babies against rocks, cannibalism and stoning disobedient sons to death - Muhammad did none of these.

You should be fair-minded.

OK, then?
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Where mass murder, war, abuses, curses, persecution of unyielding opponents, iconoclasm and sexual perversion are concerned, wasn't Muhammad simply emulating the example of the Hebrew patriarchs?
Besides, the patriarchs of the Tanach indulged in human sacrifices, bashing babies against rocks, cannibalism and stoning disobedient sons to death - Muhammad did none of these.
You should be fair-minded.
OK, then?
I see you are feeling better, Joel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 51,401 - 51,420 of65,215
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min wojar 167,697
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 45 min Jack 3,785
Happy Easter Chicago 9 dead 58 min joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 43,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr DoDaDoDaDay 47,081
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,034,754
Great Chicago Fire Was Japan's Conspiracy (Jun '11) 2 hr yasuo 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••