Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
51,381 - 51,400 of 68,992 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#57174 Aug 21, 2013
Let it all end. I am prepared for death. The sooner the better. I don't want to live anymore. I'm shivering. Good night.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#57175 Aug 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel...You but need to break out of your self imposed seclusion and be with people...
I think I speak for all the people when I say we prefer he stay in seclusion. As long as he is in seclusion and venting his spleen exclusively on the Internet, the children and smaller house pets in his neighbourhood are relatively safe.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57177 Aug 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What Frijoles says, supra
Eric--What Frijoles says, supra

Hugh--- Your supra makes it TWO truck loads of BS.

So once again, during the lifetime of any person his or her beliefs will change many times. However his or her BIOLOGY NEVER changes, it is CONSTANT.

Tell me Eric, was the COVENANT to the land of Israel made to Abraham and Israel based on BELIEFS or was it based on BIOLOGY or SEED of ABRAHAM?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57178 Aug 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
I want you tonight.
(smiles)
I know and kindly control your desires. Please wipe away the saliva that is streaming out of your mouth because of such thoughts about me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57179 Aug 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
How many guys have you slept with till now?
How much have you earned from the flesh trade that you're into so shamelessly?
Joel--How many guys have you slept with till now?

Hugh---I have 4 brothers and I would say that I have slept with 3 of them as a child. We slept 2 in a bed until late teens.

How many men have you "worked" on, to date?
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#57180 Aug 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--What Frijoles says, supra
Hugh--- Your supra makes it TWO truck loads of BS.
So once again, during the lifetime of any person his or her beliefs will change many times. However his or her BIOLOGY NEVER changes, it is CONSTANT.
Tell me Eric, was the COVENANT to the land of Israel made to Abraham and Israel based on BELIEFS or was it based on BIOLOGY or SEED of ABRAHAM?
objection; asked and answered--twice
and all of the above is just a ruse to cover for the egg on your face when you supported Joel for his statements about G-d and Satan. Just admit when you are wrong. It saves a lot of bandwidth.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57181 Aug 21, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Both. There was ethnicity but also behavioral obligations.
Fail.
HughBe---Tell me Eric, was the COVENANT to the land of Israel made to Abraham and Israel based on BELIEFS or was it based on BIOLOGY or SEED of ABRAHAM?

Frijoles---Both. There was ethnicity but also behavioral obligations.

HughBe--- Support by citing scriptures. Specify the "behavioral obligations" that God gave to Abraham as a condition for him to inherit the land.

Finally, I refuse to believe that Judaism teaches the BS that you are saying.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57182 Aug 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
Don't come to Mumbai dressed as a shemale.
I'll be too embarrassed to be seen with a shemale.
Joel---I'll be too embarrassed to be seen with a shemale.

Hugh--- Dear Joel, I NEVER play the part of a female.
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#57183 Aug 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles---Both. There was ethnicity but also behavioral obligations.
HughBe--- Support by citing scriptures. Specify the "behavioral obligations" that God gave to Abraham as a condition for him to inherit the land.
Why didn't Moses make it to the promised land if biologically he was a Hebrew? I guess it was because his didn't meet the "behavioral obligations".
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#57184 Aug 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't Moses make it to the promised land if biologically he was a Hebrew? I guess it was because his didn't meet the "behavioral obligations".
1. Once again, Specify the "behavioral obligations" that God gave to Abraham as a condition for him to inherit the land. Don't DODGE. List them. They are in your scriptures.

2. Tell me the behavioural obligations that Moses failed to keep. Have you every read the Tanach? If so, tell me the reason for your FAILURE to understand the plain words as to the reasons given by God.

3.Which one of your rabbis living now or in the past is the equal of Moses in terms of Divine favour or OBEDIENCE to God?
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#57185 Aug 21, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me the behavioural obligations that Moses failed to keep. Have you every read the Tanach? If so, tell me the reason for your FAILURE to understand the plain words as to the reasons given by G-d.
Moses was G-d's prophet. As such he was the voice and hand of G-d on earth. When Moses went out on his own and disobeyed G-d's commands, he failed as a prophet. In this case G-d wanted His voice to be heard. He wanted to demonstrate what the word of G-d can do. Failing as a prophet to meet G-d's directions, Moses failed to meet his behavioral obligations. The Tanakh says that a prophet who goes out on his own and does not convey the words and actions of G-d shall die. The punishment was pronounced immediately. Moses asked for reconsideration but G-d told him to be quiet and not bring up the subject again. Note that previously, G-d had directed that His hand be the demonstrative act in a similar situation. Moses did as directed, and everything was hunky dory.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#57186 Aug 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses was G-d's prophet. As such he was the voice and hand of G-d on earth. When Moses went out on his own and disobeyed G-d's commands, he failed as a prophet. In this case G-d wanted His voice to be heard. He wanted to demonstrate what the word of G-d can do. Failing as a prophet to meet G-d's directions, Moses failed to meet his behavioral obligations. The Tanakh says that a prophet who goes out on his own and does not convey the words and actions of G-d shall die. The punishment was pronounced immediately. Moses asked for reconsideration but G-d told him to be quiet and not bring up the subject again. Note that previously, G-d had directed that His hand be the demonstrative act in a similar situation. Moses did as directed, and everything was hunky dory.
Bible has presented very false notion of what is the character of a True Prophet of God.

They indulge in all sorts of actions and commit acts which show a very low moral character.

The way you have criticized Moses, one of greatest prophets of God and great benefactory of Jewish people shows the honor and respect that you have for true prophets of God.

In Quran these prophets of God are presented in a totally different light. They are presented as perfect role models for their followers.

Islamic and Quranic position of Prophets of God is much superior to what we find in both OT and NT books.

People forget that Prophethood is the highest level to which any human can reach... they are as perfect human beings as any human can become.

It pains us Muslims when people use uncouth words about these prophets and talk about them as they are talking about any Tom, Dick and Harry.

Look at your own post and what serious charges you have brought against Moses, a Mighty prophet of God.

Now if on the day of judgement, God asks you to stand face to face with Prophet Moses and repeat and prove your charges....what will be your position?
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#57187 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible has presented very false notion of what is the character of a True Prophet of God.
They indulge in all sorts of actions and commit acts which show a very low moral character.
The way you have criticized Moses, one of greatest prophets of God and great benefactory of Jewish people shows the honor and respect that you have for true prophets of God.
In Quran these prophets of God are presented in a totally different light. They are presented as perfect role models for their followers.
Islamic and Quranic position of Prophets of God is much superior to what we find in both OT and NT books.
People forget that Prophethood is the highest level to which any human can reach... they are as perfect human beings as any human can become.
It pains us Muslims when people use uncouth words about these prophets and talk about them as they are talking about any Tom, Dick and Harry.
Look at your own post and what serious charges you have brought against Moses, a Mighty prophet of God.
Now if on the day of judgement, God asks you to stand face to face with Prophet Moses and repeat and prove your charges....what will be your position?
OK, tell us the story of Moses and the rock from the Quran. Tell us why Moses didn't get to go to the promised land from the Quran.

Location hidden

#57188 Aug 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
...In Quran these prophets of God are presented in a totally different light. They are presented as perfect role models for their followers...

Such, just to be clear, Mohammed's examples of rape, pillage, murder and child molestation are your idea of a "perfect role model"?

That explains a lot.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#57189 Aug 21, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>

Such, just to be clear, Mohammed's examples of rape, pillage, murder and child molestation are your idea of a "perfect role model"?

That explains a lot.
Where mass murder, war, abuses, curses, persecution of unyielding opponents, iconoclasm and sexual perversion are concerned, wasn't Muhammad simply emulating the example of the Hebrew patriarchs?

Besides, the patriarchs of the Tanach indulged in human sacrifices, bashing babies against rocks, cannibalism and stoning disobedient sons to death - Muhammad did none of these.

You should be fair-minded.

OK, then?
Eric

Villa Park, IL

#57190 Aug 21, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Where mass murder, war, abuses, curses, persecution of unyielding opponents, iconoclasm and sexual perversion are concerned, wasn't Muhammad simply emulating the example of the Hebrew patriarchs?
Besides, the patriarchs of the Tanach indulged in human sacrifices, bashing babies against rocks, cannibalism and stoning disobedient sons to death - Muhammad did none of these.
You should be fair-minded.
OK, then?
I see you are feeling better, Joel.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#57192 Aug 21, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, tell us the story of Moses and the rock from the Quran. Tell us why Moses didn't get to go to the promised land from the Quran.
According to Quran, the Israelis, the Jews accompanying Moses refused to go and fight the people occupying the land of Palestine.

Moses tried and tried and did every thing in his power to ask his people to stand up and fight and take possession of this land.

And according to Quran, in the end they said to Moses "You and your Lord go and fight, while we sit and wait till they get these people out".

At that point , Moses prayed to God and asked Him "To make permanent seperation between him and this rebellious people".

And answering to that prayer of Moses, God decreed "These people shall wonder in the desert for 40 years and none of them shall ever enter the promised land".

And that is how the matter ended....that generation was dead and buried in the desert and the next generation of Jews became young and fought under Joshua and got possession of Palestine.

You will not find a single word in Quran criticizing Moses or Aaron or any prophet of God for doing any thing wrong.

Compare Quranic version with what we find written in OT books where God is supposed to have warned Moses for want of faith...

That is what I say, if you want to know about Prophets of God and their status in the eyes of God, you should study Quran and not Ot or NT books.

Yet the Jews and Christians say that our prophet "copied" tails from OT and NT books....which hand "prevented" him from saving Moses from the criticism?

And when our prophet was mistreated by some of his own people, he wanted to retaliate....but he said "may Alalh have mercy on Moses, he was much more troubled by his people, but he showed patience and perseverance"

Prophets of God are best example of humanity and human behaviour and they are the lights and lamps which guide their people for centuries upon centuries. But most people do not realize what they owe to their prophets.
PS:

Want Quranic references for what I wrote above?

Location hidden

#57193 Aug 22, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
You should be fair-minded...
Actually, not. I'm under no obligation to be fair because I'm not trying to push a belief system on you.

I'm not pushing my beliefs on anyone. If fact, I don't want you to believe what I believe. If you did, it would be a pretty clear indicator that what I believe is wrong.

The day I tell anyone to emulate everything in the bible, the good and the bad, then you have leave to point out the flaws in my argument. But, I'm not doing that. I'm not telling anyone what to believe.

For example, if I took words at random from the glossary of a 1st year physics text and strung them together in an attempt to make it sound like an actual physical theory in attempt to justify my absurd spiritual beliefs. Then you would have the right to tell me that I'm just writing gibberish. But, I'm not doing that.

However, it's not an issue because you have no idea in what I believe. You can't (honestly) criticize that which you don't know.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#57194 Aug 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Eric is just writing about it as it is written. I suppose you could rewrite the tanach to make it happier.

Oh yeah, you did.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#57195 Aug 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Quran, the Israelis, the Jews accompanying Moses refused to go and fight the people occupying the land of Palestine.
Moses tried and tried and did every thing in his power to ask his people to stand up and fight and take possession of this land.
And according to Quran, in the end they said to Moses "You and your Lord go and fight, while we sit and wait till they get these people out".
At that point , Moses prayed to God and asked Him "To make permanent seperation between him and this rebellious people".
And answering to that prayer of Moses, God decreed "These people shall wonder in the desert for 40 years and none of them shall ever enter the promised land".
And that is how the matter ended....that generation was dead and buried in the desert and the next generation of Jews became young and fought under Joshua and got possession of Palestine.
You will not find a single word in Quran criticizing Moses or Aaron or any prophet of God for doing any thing wrong.
Compare Quranic version with what we find written in OT books where God is supposed to have warned Moses for want of faith...
That is what I say, if you want to know about Prophets of God and their status in the eyes of God, you should study Quran and not Ot or NT books.
Yet the Jews and Christians say that our prophet "copied" tails from OT and NT books....which hand "prevented" him from saving Moses from the criticism?
And when our prophet was mistreated by some of his own people, he wanted to retaliate....but he said "may Alalh have mercy on Moses, he was much more troubled by his people, but he showed patience and perseverance"
Prophets of God are best example of humanity and human behaviour and they are the lights and lamps which guide their people for centuries upon centuries. But most people do not realize what they owe to their prophets.
PS:
Want Quranic references for what I wrote above?
So according to the Quran, Moses was an excellent "prophet" but a total failure as a leader? Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,100,399
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 6 min Amen 43
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 8 min Amen 0
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min Doug77 4,672
Was Bergdahl PLANNED All Along? 10 min Amen 1
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 13 min Amen 0
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min TRD 68,372
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,401
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••