Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72043 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#56607 Aug 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. For the same reason the "satirical article" was written as a response to the assertion that Darwin was a Jew.
Once again, was the assertion about Darwin being a Jew satirical?
No, it was stupid.

There are huge anti-Semitic currents in Turkey now due to the Islamists. If you bothered to even read about the context of the issue, you would of also read how quickly the better educated secular educational establishment yanked this garbage curriculum out once noticed.

Location hidden

#56608 Aug 9, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, you think that would help?
Probably not :-(
Of course it wouldnt

Its our duty to pretend it would though (for the moment)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#56609 Aug 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. For the same reason the "satirical article" was written as a response to the assertion that Darwin was a Jew.
Once again, was the assertion about Darwin being a Jew satirical?
2. It is not my manner to try and save face.
3. Anyone equipped with very basic understanding would realize that I had something in mind with my questions. There is even hints of it in my original words. Study them as they are once again provided for you.
Note, you cannot get away from the fact that an ASSERTION was made that Darwin was a Jew.
Both you and Frijoles have FAILED to tell me if there are Jewish sources that speak to the Judaic background of Darwin. WHY?
STUDY what follows and when you understand it you shall realize that there is no need for me to try and save face.
The following is the start of Darwin posts and it reflects my focus.
Hi boys meaning COR, Ricky, Frijoles, Eric etc, I read where someone said that the top-three historical Jewish figures were; Abraham, Moses and Darwin.
Were you boys taught that as well?
Do you disagree with the listing?
Who would you replace on the list and why?
1. You can stop with the BS now. If your intention was to draw us to the fact that an intentional (non-satirical) assertion was made regarding Darwin having Jewish roots, then it would have been in your best interest to put forward a citation for that assertion that was valid, and not satirical. You failed to do that.

2. There are two reason why I did not answer the question. The first is that it was quite obvious to me that the article you presented was satirical and it was also comically obvious to me that you were clueless as to the nature of the article. Therefore, as far as I was concerned, your question was irrelevant. Secondly, as this is really important so pay attention, I'm not Jewish, and I DON"T CARE if Darwin was Jewish or not. Why in the world would you even direct such a question to me?

So, in summary, you f'd up but are too proud to admit it. But I thank you for the two days of laughter. It's been fun watching you squirm out of this one.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#56610 Aug 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Were you aware that this hotel was in the news last month for bed bugs?

Hey impoverished Mon,

What do you know about luxury hotels or about the high life?

Nothing, at all. LOL.

I have great memories of The Pierre in New York and never faced any problems during my stay there.

Luxury hotels face some problems at times and once brought to their notice they take quick action with the same problem usually never recurring.

Even when you fly first class on classy airlines like Thai Airways Silk Class, Singapore Airways or Emirates, one faces problems from bugs, food poisoning, theft of valuables like jewelry costing $ 1 million or more, soiled linen, defective hardware and so on.

Bed bugs in The Pierre? Could be that some guest brought the bugs with him on his clothes or in his belongings and this is how the hotel room(s) got affected. This is a distinct possibility.

What about 5 star hotels or global best stand-alone-restaurants serving contaminated food that makes clients ill?

Here's 1 recent example:

WORLD'S BEST RESTAURANT NOMA GIVES 70 CUSTOMERS FOOD POISONING:

At the restaurant voted the world's best three years in a row, where the cheapest option is the £174 set menu, customers would be forgiven for thinking that their food would not only be perfectly prepared but safe to eat...

Not so at globally-renowned Danish restaurant Noma, where 67 of the 78 guests who dined there between Feb 12 and 16 fell ill with food poisoning.

Noma, which last year won its third S. Pellegrino award for World's Best Restaurant, is renowned for using unusual, locally sourced ingredients such as reindeer moss, unripe plums and live shrimp.

The restaurant, which has two Michelin stars and is credited with sparking a global interest in Nordic food, said they were still trying to track the source of the infection.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/99186...

So, think before posting and don't post on those high class topics concerning style or 5 star hotels or on science and on math of which you have zero first hand experience/poor understanding.

Now, run along to Shoney's. That's more your style and well suited to your pauperistic budget.

LMAO.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56611 Aug 9, 2013
typo - Singapore Airlines.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56612 Aug 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

What is "tight", Joel? Am I to assume that you are now busy working on that thing?

Much love, dearest Hugh.
Hi,

How're you doin', mon?

Take care.

Location hidden

#56613 Aug 9, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey impoverished Mon,
What do you know about luxury hotels or about the high life?
Nothing, at all. LOL.
I have great memories of The Pierre in New York and never faced any problems during my stay there.
Luxury hotels face some problems at times and once brought to their notice they take quick action with the same problem usually never recurring.
I wish them luck on the bed bugs.

Bed bug "infestations" (I LOVE that word) cut across all social classes. They are difficult to eradicate. I doubt the hotel will have any better success than any other place in NY.

I am just amazed you didnt know about this. It has been in all the papers.

Location hidden

#56614 Aug 9, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Secondly, as this is really important so pay attention, I'm not Jewish, and I DON"T CARE if Darwin was Jewish or not. Why in the world would you even direct such a question to me?
LOL !

Location hidden

#56615 Aug 9, 2013
Unless, of course, Joel has never been to The Pierre.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56616 Aug 9, 2013
HUGH,

When are you going to "manhandle" me - for just 5 minutes?

Have you arranged for the cash to book us into the best suite in The Pierre? Or, do you prefer a sea-facing suite in that 5 star hotel in Aruba that you mentioned some years ago?

Will we fly cattle class or first class to our honeymoon destination, darling?

I'm all yours, sweetheart.

Tight, tight, tight - I'm trying to loosen up.

(wink wink wink)

Location hidden

#56617 Aug 9, 2013
someone needs to get a room

preferably without bedbugs

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56618 Aug 9, 2013
Hugh,

I've fallen head over heels in love with you.

I only hope you can afford me considering my expensive tastes.

I'm flushed thinking about our honeymoon.

Will you wear a face veil, a bra and tights, dear, at our wedding?

(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56619 Aug 9, 2013
Invite to the shidduch of Mr Joel David Elias and Mrs Hugh Bunny Gay on Dec 25, 2013. I'll be giving Hugh a huge diamond ring beneath the chuppah. Gee, I'm so happy.

(smiles)

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56620 Aug 9, 2013
Now, here's a Mumbai-based Jewish actress of ME ancestry picturized in a soothing and melodious 1980s Hindi film song.

Turn up the volume.

Enjoy.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56622 Aug 9, 2013
The Jewish actress in western dress in the soothing/melodious Hindi film song of the early '80s is Bindiya - screen name, Esther - real name. She and her sister, Pearl, were born in India. Their Jewish ancestors migrated to India from the ME centuries ago.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56623 Aug 9, 2013
INDIA'S PAST & PRESENT & THE METHOD OF HISTORY:

Here is a series of vids of the fabulous interview given by India's ace historian, Dr Romila Thapar, in Canada. Dr Thapar personifies high intelligence, deep knowledge, great style, terrific articulation and tremendous grit in dealing with complex issues and in meeting unprecedented challenges and her command over her subject is remarkable and rendered in fluent English in a pleasing, imposing and classy manner. Dr Romila Thapar typifies the highly educated, highly westernized and highly classy Indian. Dr Romila Thapar is intelligence, determination, poise and class come alive in flesh and blood. She hails from a billionaire family - the Thapars.

Please watch all the 5 parts of the video.

1) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10ruyv_romi...

2) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10ruz6_romi...

3) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10ruzh_romi...

4) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10ruzo_romi...

5) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10rv04_romi...

WOW! Way to go, Dr Romila Thapar.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56624 Aug 9, 2013
NOTE: With respect to the vids posted above, the brief introduction is in French, but, thereafter, the discussion is conducted exclusively in English.

JOEL THUMBS UP

Location hidden

#56625 Aug 9, 2013
ADDENDUM ON DR ROMILA THAPAR:

After graduating from Panjab University, Thapar earned her doctorate under A. L. Basham at the School of Oriental and African Studies, the University of London in 1958. Later she worked as Professor of Ancient Indian History at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, where she is Professor Emerita.

Thapar has been a visiting professor at Cornell University, the University of Pennsylvania, and the College de France in Paris. She was elected General President of the Indian History Congress in 1983 and a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy in 1999.[4]

Thapar is an Honorary Fellow at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, and at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. She holds honorary doctorates from the University of Chicago, the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales in Paris, the University of Oxford, the University of Edinburgh (2004) the University of Calcutta (2002)[5] and recently (in 2009) from the University of Hyderabad.[6] She was elected a Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 2009.[7]

In 2004 the U.S. Library of Congress appointed her as the first holder of the Kluge Chair in Countries and Cultures of the South....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romila_Thapar
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#56626 Aug 9, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ---They are just like Hindus
HughBe---I would say, just like Indians in India. Some are Hindus, others Muslims, some Christians and some atheists etc. So ALL Indians are NOT religious and ALL are not Hindus even though the majority are Hindus.
No Indians is not correct, Muslims once they leave religion, go out of Islamic brotherhood, not Hindus.

Because Hindu is an ethnic definition like Jew.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56628 Aug 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
No Indians is not correct, Muslims once they leave religion, go out of Islamic brotherhood, not Hindus.
MUQ---They are just like Hindus

HughBe---I would say, just like Indians in India. Some are Hindus, others Muslims, some Christians and some atheists etc. So ALL Indians are NOT religious and ALL are not Hindus even though the majority are Hindus.

MUQ---No Indians is not correct, Muslims once they leave religion, go out of Islamic brotherhood, not Hindus.

HughBe--- Are you saying that ALL Indians are Hindus?

Are you saying that ALL Indians are religious?

Are there atheists Indians, in India?

Are there Muslim Indians, in India?

Is there approximately 24 MILLION Christians in India?

Do you think that the majority of 24 Million Christians in India are are RACIALLY: blacks or whites or Indians?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Reality Speaks 1,458,249
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 231,014
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 9,843
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Into The Night 62,314
News Chicago's resistance 9 hr Lickz8951 3
Why does Chicago want to harbor illegal criminals 10 hr ThomasA 15
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 10 hr YIM 7,942

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages