Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
50,421 - 50,440 of 68,935 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#56038 Jul 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you concentrating just on a hoodie?
in self defense I would be justified if I felt my life in danger, would a cop do the same?
Why do you think msnbc doctored the 911 tape?
because YOU commented on "thug mentality". I asked you what you meant, you replied "low hung jeans"

Location hidden

#56039 Jul 19, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
A fellow in Austria has taken this to a new extreme.
And for the record, I think this is an extremely childish way to make a point.
http://www.venganza.org/2011/07/austrian-cola...
LMAO

For the record, I support him. I dont think that is childish. It makes the point without burning people in a debate.

Location hidden

#56040 Jul 19, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
'Hip' science revs kids' engines
WASHINGTON With chanting, break dancing, sideways baseball hats and a young actor playing scientist Isaac Newton, Honeywell International and NASA are telling middle-school students it's cool to study science...
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/science/2...
reminds me of the NPR piece a few months back about a Math teacher who raps. His name: 2-Pi

http://www.wbur.org/npr/167471106/2-pi-rhymes...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#56041 Jul 19, 2013
Yawn. Dunce.

Location hidden

#56051 Jul 19, 2013
It has been great interacting with all the posters here. I convey my sincere good wishes to one and all and wish everyone the very best in life.

Location hidden

#56052 Jul 19, 2013
Extra warm wishes to Frijoles, Stefano and Hugh.

Location hidden

#56053 Jul 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Extra warm wishes to Frijoles, Stefano and Hugh.
no lack of warmth here. Its almost 100 degrees

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#56054 Jul 19, 2013
Decode the Bible in 7 minutes:

www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Voluntarist

United States

#56056 Jul 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
because YOU commented on "thug mentality". I asked you what you meant, you replied "low hung jeans"
3 questions asked and you barely answer 1.
Voluntarist

United States

#56057 Jul 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Common Law self defense: a person is justified in using deadly force if:
1. The actor is not the aggressor
2. The actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to repel the imminent use of unlawful deadly force by another person.
So then you agree, very well beavis.

Location hidden

#56059 Jul 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
3 questions asked and you barely answer 1.
sorry - I try to stay on the topic. I dont do ADD well.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#56061 Jul 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you agree, very well beavis.
Agree with what? That Zimmerman was the aggressor and Martin had a reasonable fear.
Voluntarist

United States

#56063 Jul 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with what? That Zimmerman was the aggressor and Martin had a reasonable fear.
Absolutely not, travon was the aggressor, obviously he was the one throwing the first punch.
Eric

Downers Grove, IL

#56064 Jul 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not, travon was the aggressor, obviously he was the one throwing the first punch.
really? who started the confrontation? remember, Martin was not required to back away when confronted by Zimmerman under Florida law. If he had a reasonable fear, he could strike first under Florida law.

“BY THE TIME YOU SEE ME”

Since: Jul 13

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED

#56065 Jul 19, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, in Saudi Arabia -- you can get the death penalty for "preaching" anything except Islam.
Jews don't preach -- we don't go knocking on people's doors and asking them if who they pray to or how they do it.
Most of us find it offensive and impolite.
Most? Strange word. It implies that you took a poll of all of your group and at least 51% agreed and became most. 49% would not be most.

“BY THE TIME YOU SEE ME”

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED

#56066 Jul 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wrong. The eyewitness testimony was that Zimmerman was pursuing Trayvon from left to right. Caught him and fro minutes the two stood upright throws punches. Testimony was that Zimmerman was told to stay in the car, he did not.

Also, two crucial points are that Trayvon was a child and Zimmerman and almost 30 year old man. A child can not consent to mutual combat. Second, Trayvon was not arriving in the neighborhood, he was already there at home watching the NBA All star game, ran out of snacks and went to 711 and was hurrying back to catch LeBron and Kobe go at it. Talking with and fighting Zimmerman was not his objective, saving his life was. He called Rachel because he feared for his life and once he made that call expressing his fear, Zimmerman legally had no stand your ground or fear for his life defense.

“BY THE TIME YOU SEE ME”

YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED

#56067 Jul 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
really? who started the confrontation? remember, Martin was not required to back away when confronted by Zimmerman under Florida law. If he had a reasonable fear, he could strike first under Florida law.
Indeed, and Martin was a child and so his standard was that of a child and he could not consent to mutual combat. The other thing is this, anyone who knows what "involuntary manslaughter" is would know that a failure to not even make that verdict could only be racist or ignorance based.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56068 Jul 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
US murder rate per 100,000 people = 4.8
Jamaican murder rate per 100,000 people = 376
Clearly my words went over your head, so take your time and read them again slowly.

Hint: murder rate comparison between the US and Jamaica was not under consideration.

My point remains, if I were stalked in Jamaica by anyone like TM was I would believe that the stalker was an ill-wisher and I would seek to defend myself.

Finally, I know that if you/Eric were in TM position you would do nothing.

_---------

Reread what follows.

My concerns revolve around racial hatred, murder and the ability of some races to get away with murder of "blacks" in the 21st century in America, the land of equality and freedom.
If I were stalked in Jamaica by anyone like TM was I would believe that the stalker was an ill-wisher and I would seek to defend myself. What would you do, if you were in his position?
Why did the stalker persist to pursue TM although the police told him to desist with the pursuit? I speak from memory.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56069 Jul 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
HUGH,
I wanna know how effective your church prayers and creationist beliefs have been in sharpening your intellect.
Attempt this Grade 7 question in arithmetic:
A monkey wishes to scale a 13 m tall erect pole. He begins climbing from the bottom and it's seen all throughout the climb that he climbs 3 m in 1 second and then slips 2 m in the next second. How long will it take the monkey to just reach the top of the pole?(show all the working steps).
You got stuck the last time I posed this elementary math question to you, mon.
(smiles in advance)
Prove your FALSE claim i.e. I got stuck the last time.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#56070 Jul 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Hugh,
Come online.
Stop behaving like a cruff.
(smiles)
I thought that you would have been proud of me given that I was emulating you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,099,803
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min LRS 177,345
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 2 hr Jew Snakes 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 4 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••