Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
49,541 - 49,560 of 68,977 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55092 Jun 16, 2013
RELIGION with its stress on extra-cosmic god, creation from nothing, hollow rituals and fanaticism has been completely and thoroughly defeated by 3 fundamental scientific discoveries:

1) The principle of conservation of energy/matter.

2) The Law of causation.

3) The science of genetics.

Add consciousness as the inherent intelligent factor in the unified field and the picture is complete and self-existent.

Religion is for retards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55093 Jun 16, 2013
Religious rubbish: extra-cosmic god, creation from nothing, mindless rituals and fanaticism.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55094 Jun 16, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Imagine Frijoles and Rick in the same bedroom - what would happen? They'd soon be in bed playing with each other. LOL.
Thanks for sharing your fantasies with us -- but, you should probably keep the details to yourself.

Location hidden

#55095 Jun 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He also gets to wear his underwear on the OUTSIDE of his pants.
How cool is that?
Not any more -- apparently. The new superman sports a unitard.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55096 Jun 16, 2013
Brainless Floclet. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55097 Jun 16, 2013
Anything that cannot be defined in terms of consciousness, energy and matter does not exist. Anything definable should be defined exclusively in terms of consciousness, energy and matter besides which nothing else exists. Life, mind, supermind, self and emotions are the various manifestations of the different strata (and the interactions) of consciousness, energy and matter.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55098 Jun 16, 2013
Back to studying. Bye.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#55099 Jun 17, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any more -- apparently. The new superman sports a unitard.
Very sad. I might have to update my wardrobe accordingly.

I suppose it was inevitable. With the demise of phone booths and all.

I also heard that Krypyonite was nixed.

Location hidden

#55100 Jun 17, 2013
I predict the return of Kryptonite in "Man of Steel II".

In the newest reboot, there was no mention of, but a lot of foreshadowing about, Lex Luthor and Kryptonite is his go-to weapon for fighting Superman. That and doing various things with Superman's DNA (I swear Superman must leave more DNA laying around than a motel mattress.

It wouldn't have made sense in this movie as he was fighting Kryptonians who would have been equally harmed by Kryptonite (Mutually Assured Destruction).

My big take away question was if Kryptonians are (as the movie claims) genetically created from birth to be scientists, warriors or Subway sandwich artists, how is it that Jor El the scientist was able to beat the living crap out of General Zod the genetically enhanced warrior?

Even without the genetic enhancements, that would be like Albert Einstein kicking Vin Diesel's arse.

On the other hand, Jor El the badass was better than Jor El the Godfather. Riding a flying dinosaur was a bit much though.

Location hidden

#55101 Jun 17, 2013
Also interesting -- compare the level of fitness in the various Supermen over the years -- George Reeves in the '50s, Christopher Reeves in the '80s, and Henry Carvill's CGI-enhanced abs in the latest.

The way things are going, in another 20 years it will require actual superheroes to play in superhero movies.

Weird because Superman keeps getting hotter but not Lois Lane.

Location hidden

#55102 Jun 17, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
Also interesting -- compare the level of fitness in the various Supermen over the years -- George Reeves in the '50s, Christopher Reeves in the '80s, and Henry Carvill's CGI-enhanced abs in the latest.
The way things are going, in another 20 years it will require actual superheroes to play in superhero movies.
Weird because Superman keeps getting hotter but not Lois Lane.
I just read a blog which noted that under American standards, Superman is an illegal alien - i.e. no papers - taking jobs away from Americans and soaking benefits from the system. But yet no one seems to care since he is white and not brown.

Speaking of hotties, Miss Connecticut just won the Miss America pageant. She is a 25 year old accountant.

Location hidden

#55103 Jun 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Imagine Frijoles and Rick in the same bedroom - what would happen? They'd soon be in bed playing with each other. LOL.
Thats really funny. Back in my college days when I used to study 8+ hours at a time, when my mind wandered it would be to that cute girl on the other side of the library room.

In your case, we now know where YOUR mind wonders. A Rorsach test of sorts.

Its ok, its biological, not a choice.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55104 Jun 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Speaking of hotties, Miss Connecticut just won the Miss America pageant. She is a 25 year old accountant.
Are you sure? I just googled it. Looks like it was Mallory Hytes Hagan - Miss New York.

Location hidden

#55105 Jun 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Okay, now I'm confused. Apparently, there's a Miss America, and seperately, a Miss USA. Miss Connecticut won the Miss USA title, not the Miss America title.

Location hidden

#55106 Jun 17, 2013
Who knew...

Miss USA Vs Miss America

Both pageants have long and varied histories, but Miss USA goes on to Miss Universe and is a Trump owned organization. Miss America is not a part of Trump.

The differences in the competition is that Miss America has a talent portion. Usually Miss USA will be a little more glam and Miss America is a little more 'woman next door'.

Some major differences include....
Miss America is the more established of the two pageants (est 1921). Miss USA has not been around as long (est 1952).
Miss USA is part of a network of pageants including Miss Teen USA and Miss Universe. Miss USA goes on to compete in the global Miss Universe competition while Miss America does not have a world-wide event.
There is no talent section at Miss USA while the talent section in the Miss America pageant still plays a major role.

Miss USA
Evening Gown
Swimsuit
Interview

Miss America
Personal Interview
Talent
Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit
Evening Wear
Onstage Question

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_differe...

Location hidden

#55107 Jun 17, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, now I'm confused. Apparently, there's a Miss America, and seperately, a Miss USA. Miss Connecticut won the Miss USA title, not the Miss America title.
Reminds me when I saw the Original Village People 10 years plus ago at the Oyster Festival. They werent the original group, they were the trademarked "Original" group.

Advocate never lies.(truth be, they are probably just confused as the rest of us).

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55108 Jun 17, 2013
The resident homo and retard - Frijoles - is online! LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55109 Jun 17, 2013
The retard Frijoles says he studied for 8 hours a day in college but his brain is as stunted as that of a retard. Dunce. LMAO.

Location hidden

#55110 Jun 17, 2013
JOEL wrote:
The retard Frijoles says he studied for 8 hours a day in college but his brain is as stunted as that of a retard. Dunce. LMAO.
The lesson that I learned, in retrospect, is that it is useless to study 8 hours a day. Its not natural, and often it leads to hair on your palms.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55111 Jun 17, 2013
Bye, boyz. I'm busy with preparation for the entrance exams.

(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Underbocataker 1,100,158
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dale 177,371
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Brian_G 46,310
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 97,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,367
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 2 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 2 hr Julie 10
Amy 8-29 5 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE