Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
49,521 - 49,540 of 68,835 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
CORRECTION POST #55063
I never said I don't trust Wikipedia. The issue was another thing.
The footnotes and sources are needed just to know whether or not that particular sentence was invented out of nothing. But the source doesn't assure you what was said is true.
And this is valid not just for Wikipedia but to all encyclopedias and books.
Us ordinary people have the ability to filter, interpret, and apply what we read.

Its called putting things into "perspective".
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

HughBe---God made nothing flawed. Why do you consider your ability to choose as a FLAW? Explain.

Former---Being gay is not a choice or what people do.It is who they are.

HughBe--- No doubt in your world it is like you being WHITE. In my world there is a difference between you being white which is a function of GENES while your homosexual ways have nothing to do GENES. Instead it has to do with a CORRUPTED mind.

Again, Why do you consider your ability to choose as a FLAW?

Former---You need to open your mind.

HughBe--- You need to close your rear asset except when expelling otherwise you will be completely filled.

Former---Do not believe everything your preacher and
your "sacred" texts tell you.

HughBe--- What a flocking idiotic question. I don't esteem the opinion of any man. On the other hand I believe every God Almighty thing in the Tanach and the NT.

HughBe--- Some will say that you were and are a mistake but be comforted God did not make you.

Former---God did not make man?

HughBe--- God did not make YOU. God made a man.

Former---Are we an accident of nature?

HughBe--- Unlike you I am not an accident or a mistake.

Former--Gay people to you are not "normal" and they carry out sinful activity.

HughBe--- NORMAL in what way? ALL straight people carry out sinful activities.

Former--You said what they did was not normal.

HughBe--- read with more care.

Former---I am speaking of the specific sins of gay people.

HughBe--- Every sin is a sin. The sin of homosexuality SHALL always be a sin. Your fellows can call it acts of righteousness if they want to but it shall always be a sin.

Former---As you define it and them.

HughBe--- Youngster, I have not defined anything God did. Now go curse or CORRECT Him.

Former---So why would god create such people with such a loathsome lifestyle?

HughBe--- He wanted THINKERS and people who would of their own free will CHOOSE the good over the bad.

Former---Gay people do not make the choice to be gay.

HughBe--- Prove your LIE. Cite the scientific evidence that says that homosexuality is traced to a gene. Have you ever heard about diabetes? Can it be traced to genes?

Former---The same god who created you, correct?

HughBe--- No god created me.

Former--Again, do you not believe that god created man?

HughBe--- NO
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
How about proof that a homophobic libertarian is an oxymoron?
Are you homophobic?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

JOEL wrote:
ANOTHER SO-CALLED TOUGH MENSA QUESTION:
Complete the number series:
1, 2, 4, 7, 11,?, 22.
(Give the logic)
Indeed a very tough MENSA question but here is the answer. It is 16

Count the items starting with number 2. Add the counting numbers to the previous number e.g. to the FIRST one in the series add the first counting number 1. So 1+1=2.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

HUGH dear:

Is nCr = nPr/r !?

On a more serious note - if food is all about nutrients - proteins, vitamins, carbs, fats, minerals, etc - would it make a difference if I begin eating non-veg food?

One thing, however - the yogic force is heavy on me and keeps descending with all its attendant manifestations - heat, light, sound, indrawn state of consciousness and so on - into my body at regular intervals and so I am unsure what effect non-vegetarian food would have on my body and consciousness.

Please consider the fact that my body is hypersensitive due to the yogic experiences.

My pals are urging me to eat some non-veg food now that I have dumped that monster of a master.

Thus, in evaluating the reaction of non-veg food in my body you'll have to take into account its efffect on body/consciousness.

Besides, would the vibes of murder that get imprinted in the molecular vibrations of the flesh, affect my state of mind as it's likely to?

The ethical factor is another consideration though this would not pose such a big problem since, over billions of years till now , given the present evolutionary state of consciousness in the terrestrial nature, killing and death are part and parcel of existence - man kills man, man kills lower life forms, carnivores kill herbivores and omnivores, bacteria/viruses kill organisms, natural calamities kill species, accidents kills life forms, wear and tear and decomposition kills living things and so on.

Vegatarianism, too, involves killing of rodents, micro-organism, weeds and other entities that interfere with crop growth.

Would you care to respond? If uninterested, it's perfectly ok with me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

JOEL wrote:
HUGH dear:
My pals are urging me to eat some non-veg food now that I have dumped that monster of a master.
You celebrate dumping your master by eating animal flesh? There is something astoundingly poetic about that gesture.

Human sacrifice is but a short way down the slippery slope.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Indeed a very tough MENSA question but here is the answer. It is 16

Count the items starting with number 2. Add the counting numbers to the previous number e.g. to the FIRST one in the series add the first counting number 1. So 1+1=2.
For a black bum, you're quite "clever", ha.

Why such a complicated approach to solving such a simple series?

the given series is:

1, 2, 4, 7, 11,?, 22.

The easy way is this:

2 - 1 = 1

4 -2 = 2

7 - 4 = 3

11 - 7 = 4

?- 11 = 5 and so ? should be 11 + 5 = 16

22 - 16 = 6.

ANSWER: So,?= 16
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Ya Ma.

(chuckles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

I've put in 9 hours of serious study today. I'll study for another 2 or 3 hours and then relax. Dinner first. It's raining heavily in Mumbai. Bye. Later.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You celebrate dumping your master by eating animal flesh? There is something astoundingly poetic about that gesture.
Human sacrifice is but a short way down the slippery slope.
Leave him alone, he shall be much better off when he starts to EAT flesh.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
For a black bum, you're quite "clever", ha.
Why such a complicated approach to solving such a simple series?
the given series is:
1, 2, 4, 7, 11,?, 22.
The easy way is this:
2 - 1 = 1
4 -2 = 2
7 - 4 = 3
11 - 7 = 4
?- 11 = 5 and so ? should be 11 + 5 = 16
22 - 16 = 6.
ANSWER: So,?= 16
Sweet Joel, I am BLACK almost like tar but I am not a bum.

I am not "clever" I am what I am.

Finally dear, your "complicated approach" is my simplification.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you also see dead people?
http://www.salon.com/2013/06/16/if_i_die_face...

Now the dead can send Facebook messages too

A new app lets users record video messages that are released to friends and family postmortem
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
HUGH dear:
Is nCr = nPr/r !?
On a more serious note - if food is all about nutrients - proteins, vitamins, carbs, fats, minerals, etc - would it make a difference if I begin eating non-veg food?
One thing, however - the yogic force is heavy on me and keeps descending with all its attendant manifestations - heat, light, sound, indrawn state of consciousness and so on - into my body at regular intervals and so I am unsure what effect non-vegetarian food would have on my body and consciousness.
Please consider the fact that my body is hypersensitive due to the yogic experiences.
Thus, in evaluating the reaction of non-veg food in my body you'll have to take into account its efffect on body/consciousness.
Besides, would the vibes of murder that get imprinted in the molecular vibrations of the flesh, affect my state of mind as it's likely to?
The ethical factor is another consideration though this would not pose such a big problem since, over billions of years till now , given the present evolutionary state of consciousness in the terrestrial nature, killing and death are part and parcel of existence - man kills man, man kills lower life forms, carnivores kill herbivores and omnivores, bacteria/viruses kill organisms, natural calamities kill species, accidents kills life forms, wear and tear and decomposition kills living things and so on.
Vegatarianism, too, involves killing of rodents, micro-organism, weeds and other entities that interfere with crop growth.
Would you care to respond? If uninterested, it's perfectly ok with me.
Joel---On a more serious note - if food is all about nutrients - proteins, vitamins, carbs, fats, minerals, etc - would it make a difference if I begin eating non-veg food?

Hugh--- Yes as balance is important. However, the quality of what you eat makes a difference. Stay away from GMO foods.

Joel---One thing, however - the yogic force is heavy on me and keeps descending with all its attendant manifestations - heat, light, sound, indrawn state of consciousness and so on - into my body at regular intervals and so I am unsure what effect non-vegetarian food would have on my body and consciousness.

Hugh--- it will strengthen it.

Joel---Please consider the fact that my body is hypersensitive due to the yogic experiences.

Hugh--- So body and mind have something in common.:D

Joel---My pals are urging me to eat some non-veg food now that I have dumped that monster of a master.

Hugh--- Nothing is wrong with their suggestion just be careful with your choices.

Joel---Besides, would the vibes of murder that get imprinted in the molecular vibrations of the flesh, affect my state of mind as it's likely to?

HughBe--- What murder are you talking about? Do cows murder?

Joel---Vegatarianism, too, involves killing of rodents, micro-organism, weeds and other entities that interfere with crop growth.

Hugh--- What about the vegetable itself? Is it not KILLED?

Finally, even if you start eating meat ensure that you still consume lots of vegetables.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Bi and bye
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

My dear Hugh,

Hi!

A veggie is plucked off a tree without killing the tree/plant itself and another bathch of veggies grow in place of the plucked ones.

Cereals are harvested only at the end of their short life-cycle i.e. after the life leaves the plant/grass.

So, there's no killing in these instances except for the fact that chemicals used to protect the plant/trees/crops kill rodents, insects, microbes, weeds etc.

I am not sure if I'll eat meat/fish/poultry/eggs - ever since the age of 1 or 2, I've been a vegetarian as my late parents observed that I'd puke out the non-veg stuff in minutes and would fall ill (usually become restless, cranky and feverish) after being fed non-veg foods and so they began feeding me only veg foods and this practice has remained with me till now and expectedly non-veg foods create disturbances in the consciousness when the yogic experiences commence. Non-veg food besides carry the vibes of slaughter/murder and these further unbalance the mind/emotions.

I'm wondering if I should experiment with certain non-veg foods despite the hypersensitivity of my body due to the yogic experiences that're continuing till now spontaneously.......

The other day, my pals wanted me to sip a fortied wine (Portuguese port) but I declined since I've never drunk alcohol in my entire life and I found the vibes emanating from the port rather unsettling.

Anyway, thank you for taking time out to reply to my queries.

Best Regards.,

PS: Are your balls jet black or brown? LOL.

I have to study, now. Bye.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Bi and bye
As usual, you couldn't resist displaying your plumage.

Its ok, we know its biological, not a lifestyle choice.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

typo - fortified wine.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Bye.
Anonymous

Jakarta, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

IamJoseph wrote:
Israel is being attacked from every possible angle - and this is an evil scenario, embellished with a false saving grace. There should be one small place on the planet where jews can be free to pursue their own beliefs, and this must be respected by insecure christians and muslims, who have a problem respecting Jews as Jews, and Israel as Israel.
Pushing Jews into the sea, in the name of the NT or Quran, is the same as any other form of genicide. Have the jews not paid a great price to remain Jews? The truth is, America was founded by Jews [Columbus and all his mapsters were Jews], as a refuge for many - but also to save Christianity - from Europe. This is what Jews escaped from:
'BETTER TO DESTROY THEIR BODIES AND SAVE THEIR SOULS'- Isabela of Spain.
Thanks but no thanks. Please stop saving Jews.
I agree

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You crack me up
You REALLY think that Mensa people are more sophisticated?
Hint- FR, COR and I all qualify to be members. And I suspect so does Rick Moss.
You are right, all of you are qualified to be members. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago