Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,475)

Showing posts 49,481 - 49,500 of68,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my wife's (not wifi's) department.
I'm the "big idea" guy!
:))
Besides, no one ever side superior intelligence and common sense go hand in hand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
Being gay is not a choice or what people do.
It is who they are.
If you don't understand this you will be lost
on this subject and perhaps others.
You need to open your mind.
Do not believe everything your preacher and
your "sacred" texts tell you.
This for yourself, if possible.
Herein lies the problem for most religionists. They either don't accept the fact that it is not a choice to be gay, or if they do, they expect gay people to refrain from sexual activity.
former res wrote:
Again, do you not believe that god created man?
As usual, Huggy is being pedantic. He does not recognize lowercase god. Try the question again with uppercase (as if that should make a difference when referencing an imaginary being).
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What they should be a social group? Since little they felt to be different from the most people. The thoughts of ordinary people are ridiculous, for them. Maybe because of their high IQ they were treated bad at school. They prefer to stay with their similars, and share/discuss thgeir intellectual idea without problems and misunderstanding and very fast. All things quite hard to realize with ordinary people. I understand them.
Thinking "the thoughts of ordinary people are ridiculous" is smug and ridiculous in itself.

As Dickens said, "Mankind is our business!"

Statements such as yours sound elitist in the worst way. Not admirable but beneath scorn.

You sound so low you could walk under a snake with a high hat on.

I believe you only understand them because you were treated badly at school.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea about how reliable was your test but you don't seem that intelligent.
I can believe you think that.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Here the majority of people eat between 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Those few who eat at 10 p.m. or later are the ones who are going to restaurants but are a bit late because they were waiting some friend(s) who usually are not in time.
Here only children eat at 6:30 p.m.
Here children and old people eat very early.

When I said, "But Mom, in Rome they don't go out to eat until much later," my 80-year-old mother replied, "Well, you're not in Rome!"

Not much I could say to that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The profit motive trumps their ideals.
Like when the tea baggers held up signs at their rallies:
"Get your gov't hands of my Medicare!!"
Not very bright bunch. Not Mensa material!
The funny thing is that the NRA is just one bribe or one subpoena away from providing a quasi-registry to the government in the form of their membership roster. Contrary to their phony protestations, the registry already exists.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You proven it doesn't.
<quoted text>
Vigilance does? Once I was reading an anrticle on Wiki and I found typed something like muahahahahahahah". After few months it was still there. Maybe it was my bad they were having a long strike, isn't it? LOL
There could be a group of volunteer contributors and editors but I wonder if they vision all the wiki pages, and how vast is their knowledge, and how they can know an information that can be as true as false, having nothing to back it up?
Anyone you, me and other people can modify any wiki page and other may let or change it, but still if the information you gave is unknown to the folks even if it wrong you can bet it will be there for long time.
If you don't trust Wikipedia, then I suggest you don't use it.

Everything needs to be footnoted/sourced - just like any other encyclopedia.

No doubt there are things you believe in that I do not.

So I guess we're even.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see them as monotheistic, but rather as monolatristic. So the accusation was that maybe they were no longer monolatristic.
rabbee: well yes, accusing them of being a house of vipers or hasatan would tend to suggest they were worse than that.

did not actually come out and say it, but He was condemning them. as the reason why, the romans were there. because they were, no longer true to G-D.

the facts seem also to indicate this, with most high priests not living long enough to celebrate their 1st year anniversary. and still can't admit, we are doing something seriously wrong.

i mean things got so bad, they started the traditions. of tying a rope to their ankles, and putting jingle bells on their garments. so that if the bells, went silent for too long. well it's time to pull them out, with the rope. cause they ain't coming out, on their own. and if G-D, was that angry. they sure did not want to go in there, to carry their body out.

if you have that many high priest, dying in The-Tabernacle they are definitely doing something wrong. and even the rabeem today, ignore this completely. cause it might, make them look bad.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is not a choice or what people do.
It is who they are.
If you don't understand this you will be lost
on this subject and perhaps others.
You need to open your mind.
Do not believe everything your preacher and
your "sacred" texts tell you.
This for yourself, if possible.
<quoted text>
God did not make man?
Are we an accident of nature?
<quoted text>
You said what they did was not normal.
I am speaking of the specific sins of gay people.
As you define it and them.
<quoted text>
Gay people do not make the choice to be gay.
This was explained to you.
<quoted text>
Again, do you not believe that god created man?
rabbee: last i heard, being under the jurisdiction of halooseefer is by choice. they just got themselves, cut from the baal hamolech herd. which is also, by bad choices. if truly you have not chose, TheG-D of TheTorah. then what else have you chosen, as the enemy of G-D here in TheTorah?

do you think, people get cancer or war. because this world believes, in G-D truly? no! pestilence, plague, and famine, are always indications of increasing disbelief. pestilence has been hitting the united states, for quite some time now. and science has you convinced, it is not because of your disbelief in G-D. and lets face some facts here, terrorism is an increase in crime plague rates. and if continued, war and famine will happen. we are already seeing the danger signs of droughts that always precedes significant famine.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Herein lies the problem for most religionists. They either don't accept the fact that it is not a choice to be gay, or if they do, they expect gay people to refrain from sexual activity.
<quoted text>
As usual, Huggy is being pedantic. He does not recognize lowercase god. Try the question again with uppercase (as if that should make a difference when referencing an imaginary being).
rabbee: G-Dlessnes is a choice, to not truly be with G-D. and so shall fall under the conditioning, the conditions and jurisdictions of either hasatan, or ball hamolech, or halooseefer.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my wife's (not wifi's) department.
I'm the "big idea" guy!
:))
Just to let you know that I havent used my new TV once, since I hooked it up and tried it out on the first day. Apparently lifestyles trump tech, at least for the moment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What they should be a social group? Since little they felt to be different from the most people. The thoughts of ordinary people are ridiculous, for them. Maybe because of their high IQ they were treated bad at school. They prefer to stay with their similars, and share/discuss thgeir intellectual idea without problems and misunderstanding and very fast. All things quite hard to realize with ordinary people. I understand them.
I have no idea about how reliable was your test but you don't seem that intelligent.
I found your post so funny it would be a disservice to even bother with a comment.

I still dont know if you are a troll, or just incredibly sheltered and lacking life experience.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Shavua Tov, ya'll. You know, I can see his point. When Buddhism creates such a tolerant and amiable person as this, it's a wonder everyone doesn't join up and start staring at their navel all day long.
Where do I sign up to become a Buddhist and can I still eat steak?
He is not a Bhuddist, dont worry. However, your point about his meditation practice is spot on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't trust Wikipedia, then I suggest you don't use it.
Everything needs to be footnoted/sourced - just like any other encyclopedia.
No doubt there are things you believe in that I do not.
So I guess we're even.
Wiki is my friend. The best part are the footnotes, especially if they are links.

Anyone with the ability to be discerning can navigate around the less scholarly and more opinionated passages. Not a much different skill than being able to filter the regular press.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Kiss your tushie. And then fick off.
HughBe--- Go get another circumcision :D
Frijoles---You are in luck today!
HughBe--- Will you be getting your Male Laser Lift before or after the circumcision?
At least I have the balls to be worked on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you also see dead people?
I saw them a few times in the 80s to early 90s, before Jerry died.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

A CHILDISH QUESTION IN TRIG:

IN A RIGHT ANGLE TRIANGLE ABC, LB = 90, PROVE THAT:

Sin (A+B)/2 = COSC/2

SOLUTION:

In triangle ABC, LB = 90,

LC = 180 -(LA + LB)

Divide by 2:

LC/2 = 90 -(LA+ LB)/2

Multiply by Cos on both sides:

Cos C/2 = Cos (90 -(A+B)/2)

But, Cos (90 - X)= Sin X, by theorem,

Thus, CosC/2 = Sin (A+B)/2 ---------proven

LOL.
JOEL

Thane, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Busy studying. Bye.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, no one ever side superior intelligence and common sense go hand in hand.
Very true.

Some would say even an inverse relationship.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know that I havent used my new TV once, since I hooked it up and tried it out on the first day. Apparently lifestyles trump tech, at least for the moment.
Stay true to yourself, dude.

I knew you weren't really selling out.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki is my friend. The best part are the footnotes, especially if they are links.
Anyone with the ability to be discerning can navigate around the less scholarly and more opinionated passages. Not a much different skill than being able to filter the regular press.
Agreed.

I like Wiki almost as much as I like Google.

When looking up a movie for example, I will always choose Wiki over IMDB. Much better presentation of the information for me. Good and consistent formatting.

Same as filtering any other source, agreed. And we should use as many sources as we have time for.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The profit motive trumps their ideals.
Like when the tea baggers held up signs at their rallies:
"Get your gov't hands of my Medicare!!"
Not very bright bunch. Not Mensa material!
You are trying to generalize tea party members, there are some very intelligent people involved.
You can say the same about some Obama supporters, they can not come up with 1 policy that they support.
Then you have these guys;
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,481 - 49,500 of68,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min THE GERBIL 1,078,435
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 10 min Notthatitmatters 3,826
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 13 min Brian Shepard 296
Amy 7-23 16 min Pippa 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min truth 48,839
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min voice of peace 67,873
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min Sublime1 97,514
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search