Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
49,301 - 49,320 of 68,943 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#54846 Jun 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I also received a refund from the IRS last year. Does that mean I cant offer an opinion about the IRS?
Are you really that dumb to not figure out that what he was saying was that your opinion about government is biased, since you rely on government contract?

Location hidden

#54847 Jun 13, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Democracy that's based on the choice of the majority is a flawed system. The majority is the plodding section of humankind and is rarely right. The pioneers and trendsetters that have lifted society inch by inch from the morass of backwardness and stupidity constitute the minority.
Democracy is the dictatorships of the majority against the minorities.

What alternative system to democracy would you suggest that can reap the consensus of all the citizens, without letting anyone out and unsatisfied?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54848 Jun 13, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if I have to look at the number of posts I make compared with yours, the one who spend an enormous amounts of time here is you. This says a lot about your social life...
If it is true that I spend my "enormous" amount of time criticizing an extinct group of people then I challenge you to go back to 6 pags and show all these posts against them. And also the posts where I applied my outdated and biased notions of the old groups to the new one.
According to you these posts of mine must be a lot... LOL
(LOL in advance)
Mr. "any of various beans used in Mexican style cooking —usually used in plural" would NEVER have the time nor interest to complete the homework you have assigned him.

The demands of his social and professional life are far too great.

His responses tend toward the brief and pithy.

You could take a lesson.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#54849 Jun 13, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that dumb to not figure out that what he was saying was that your opinion about government is biased, since you rely on government contract?
1. His facts were wrong

2. Even if the facts were correct, his notions is wrong. Our country is based on interplay between government and citizenry - the lines are too blurred in daily conduct to really allege bias. Perhaps once could make that allegation in the specific profession one works in - but that is not called bias, that is called conflict of interest.

3. why do you use the word dumb? That is dumb and detracts from the issue.

Location hidden

#54850 Jun 13, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if I have to look at the number of posts I make compared with yours, the one who spend an enormous amounts of time here is you. This says a lot about your social life...
If it is true that I spend my "enormous" amount of time criticizing an extinct group of people then I challenge you to go back to 6 pags and show all these posts against them. And also the posts where I applied my outdated and biased notions of the old groups to the new one.
According to you these posts of mine must be a lot... LOL
(LOL in advance)
My responses tend to be brief as FR notes. I'm online a lot because I am online at work a lot and this is an easy respite. Guilty of working other than a 9-5 job.

Thats said, I cover a large breadth of topics. You don't. Thats why I call you obsessed.

In the past I have offered corrections, and others have a well. You ignore them.

Location hidden

#54851 Jun 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. "any of various beans used in Mexican style cooking —usually used in plural" would NEVER have the time nor interest to complete the homework you have assigned him.
You could take a lesson.
Nonsense.

Location hidden

#54852 Jun 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
1. His facts were wrong
2. Even if the facts were correct, his notions is wrong. Our country is based on interplay between government and citizenry - the lines are too blurred in daily conduct to really allege bias. Perhaps once could make that allegation in the specific profession one works in - but that is not called bias, that is called conflict of interest.
3. why do you use the word dumb? That is dumb and detracts from the issue.
His point was clear regardless if he was wrong or right. You sounded and still sound dumb.

Location hidden

#54853 Jun 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
My responses tend to be brief as FR notes. I'm online a lot because I am online at work a lot and this is an easy respite. Guilty of working other than a 9-5 job.
Thats said, I cover a large breadth of topics. You don't. Thats why I call you obsessed.
In the past I have offered corrections, and others have a well. You ignore them.
You accused me to speak about the same thing, and I challenged you to bring them posts up. That should be an easy task for you, if what you said was true, but as expected you came out with nothing, which prove you are a liar.

Your posts may be brief but if you write many posts, then you are not different by posters who post few but long posts.

There is no point to me to talk about different topics with people that barely say something intelligent or interesting, or that have problem in understanding few concepts, as you did in the other post with Voluntarist.

In the past you offered many interpretations of different denominations which I easily put down showing the contradictions and flaws. You didn't like it. That's fine.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#54854 Jun 13, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. It wasnt even a govt contract. It was a subcontract. Like I said, me and a zillion other people.
That said, I do provide compliance services to the private sector as well. Making me guilty of....capitalism. Oh the shock to libertarian ears.
rabbee: yes true capitalism, is based on pleasing the customer. which i am, not necessarily for or against. but attempting to please a dishonest customer or vice-versa, can get a little bit more than fraudulent or conspiracy sticky.

but am i led to also assume libertarians, do have a capitolism customer to please themselves with? everyone on earth, has a customer/s they feel obligated to please/satisfy. whether here on earth, or somewhere else. if not to please, their own fantasy thinking.

and correct me if i am wrong, but the interpretation of zillions is - i am not sure exactly how many, but it is certainly a lot.

in fact i began with a government subcontract, to the solar energy research institute. to provide maintenance, and upgrading for data loggers and senior broadcast engineer having a fist class fcc license.

and the next thing i knew, i was an fte as a jr scientist. i always wanted to be a scientist, when i was younger. but never actually thought or no longer dreamed i would become one.

became disgruntled with, the scientific community at an early age. when i first discovered, what everybody said could not be done. but two years later, somebody else did it and got all the credit for it. who is going to listen, to a 12 year old child? who they only thought, had an over active imagination.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54855 Jun 13, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You accused me to speak about the same thing, and I challenged you to bring them posts up. That should be an easy task for you, if what you said was true, but as expected you came out with nothing, which prove you are a liar...
Your logic is deeply flawed, my pasta-eating friend.

Assume that I just told you that I was physically quite fit.

Let's suppose that in response you ask me to run around the block in order to prove my claim.

Further, assume that I deny your request (for any number of reasons).

This does not prove that I am NOT physically fit - only that I did not comply with your request.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#54856 Jun 13, 2013
former res wrote:
You could take a lesson.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
nonsense
Obvious troll is obvious.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#54857 Jun 13, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Former res
tell that to a judge at a child support enforcement hearing.
rabbee: well contempt of court, of a court order. is no longer, a civil law matter. and can range any where, from criminal mischief to felony.

Location hidden

#54858 Jun 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's suppose that in response you ask me to run around the block in order to prove my claim.
This does not prove that I am NOT physically fit - only that I did not comply with your request.
IOW - Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#54859 Jun 13, 2013
Jewish Vagabonds wrote:
<quoted text>
Nikola Tesla was Orthodox Christian he was a Serb after all.
rabbee: thanks for the info. i am embarrassed to admit, that i have read the life story of tesla more than once. but that i was not interested, in what i considered as irrelevant details at the time. people do not tend to remember details, in what they are so disinterested in at the time. and if they are interested in it, they do tend to exaggerate it to some extent.
yehoshooah adam

Anonymous Proxy

#54860 Jun 13, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
So, all these fiercely independent branches of government in the US supported/support lies and frameups when the US invaded Iraq and acted against several Arab nations?
Where was/is their sense of fair-play and conscience in these most critical matters that test the ethical basis of a nation and its watchdog institutions?
rabbee: well i probably should not tell you this, cause it may or may not still be not for public dissemination. but the united states government sold, chemical weapons of mass destruction to iraq. while the russians were selling, the same equivalent to iran. during, the iran - iraq war. and the invasion was based on the false intelligence info, that they did not use them all up. "we" knew we had, sold this to them.

and where do you get this, fair play with enemies from? when the arab nations, have never been our friends or allies. after the jews and ysrael, america is the next in line to be hated by them. if not in, first place by now.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54861 Jun 13, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW - Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Thanks and also for demonstrating once again (for our friend) an economy of words!

Location hidden

#54862 Jun 13, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a different story. What you said is valid only if can't verify your claim, so I remain wit a doubt and I cant make a conclusion.

Here it's different I can verify the claim whether he does or not what I request because the subect is what I have written. I know what I write, that's why I told him to show them and he didn't because there is nothing he can pick up to confirm his false claim.

Your example is very flawed and has nothing to do with what I said.

It's funny how soon one jumps in defense of the other.

Childish behaviour.

Location hidden

#54863 Jun 13, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
His point was clear regardless if he was wrong or right. You sounded and still sound dumb.
That makes no sense. What is "the point" if the foundation doesnt exist?

I suppose he could be making a point to and from himself, but what is the purpose of writing it to me?

Location hidden

#54864 Jun 13, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: thanks for the info. i am embarrassed to admit, that i have read the life story of tesla more than once. but that i was not interested, in what i considered as irrelevant details at the time. people do not tend to remember details, in what they are so disinterested in at the time. and if they are interested in it, they do tend to exaggerate it to some extent.
Nikola Tesla - Religious views
Tesla was raised as an Orthodox Christian. Later in his life, he did not consider himself to be a "believer in the orthodox sense," and opposed religious fanaticism.[206] He had a profound respect for both Buddhism and Christianity.[27][206]
In his article, "The Problem of Increasing Human Energy," published in 1900, Tesla stated:
For ages this idea [that each of us is only part of a whole] has been proclaimed in the consummately wise teachings of religion, probably not alone as a means of insuring peace and harmony among men, but as a deeply founded truth. The Buddhist expresses it in one way, the Christian in another, but both say the same: We are all one.[207]
However, his religious views remain uncertain due to other statements that he made.[208][209][210] For example, in his article, "A Machine to End War", published in 1937, Tesla stated:
There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul" or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise.[206]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla#Re...

Location hidden

#54865 Jun 13, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

In the past you offered many interpretations of different denominations which I easily put down showing the contradictions and flaws. You didn't like it. That's fine.
Think what you want.

But there are three posters here who self-identify as Jewish, and who accept each other as Jewish. And all three have called you FOS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min Uzi 68,347
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 1 hr Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 1 hr minluo 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,099,850
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 177,347
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••