Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,465)

Showing posts 49,281 - 49,300 of68,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Another myth from volunteerist. In the past I, like thousands of other people, had the opportunity to subcontract into a tiny portion of the stimulus money. Which I happily did. There was a reason it was called stimulus.
rabbee: oh that same old, stimulus-nimbo cloud. have you received any more, government contracts since then? or was it just a one time stimulae, rather than stimulus.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

well at least i am smart enough, to figure out that joel's boloney has a first name. that is not, o-s-c-a-r.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh that same old, stimulus-nimbo cloud. have you received any more, government contracts since then? or was it just a one time stimulae, rather than stimulus.
Nah. It wasnt even a govt contract. It was a subcontract. Like I said, me and a zillion other people.

That said, I do provide compliance services to the private sector as well. Making me guilty of....capitalism. Oh the shock to libertarian ears.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are functions that private enterprise just cant perform. Ever learn about the "tragedy of the commons"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_c...
There are other functions as well.
I agree those cows might destroy the pasture, that's real important and significant.
Has nothing to do with private enterprise giving charity.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I work for a living I am not allowed to offer an opinion?
I also received a refund from the IRS last year. Does that mean I cant offer an opinion about the IRS?
Part of living in a democracy means that the government is not some abstract idea. Its us.
You rely partially on government work so your opinion on the hand that feeds you is slightly skewed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree those cows might destroy the pasture, that's real important and significant.
Has nothing to do with private enterprise giving charity.
It is. Private sector lacks the mechanism to deal with issues of communal importance such as environmental protection

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You rely partially on government work so your opinion on the hand that feeds you is slightly skewed.
and around and around we go

i already addressed that. Acknowledge that and move on
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: but breach of contract, is covered by civil law.
Former res
tell that to a judge at a child support enforcement hearing.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. Private sector lacks the mechanism to deal with issues of communal importance such as environmental protection
Example

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Example
I just posted the citation

and around and around we go

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Former res
tell that to a judge at a child support enforcement hearing.
something you undoubtedly have first hand experience with

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

In the US mainly we dont have entrance exams. Entrance is based on grades, recommendations, and most importantly, research sponsorship. We do have a generalized standardized test (GRE) but noone I know takes it seriously.

Nor do people go straight to the PhD, usually the departments use the Masters programs as the first gatekeeper, and then a series of oral or written exams based tailored to you by your research committee later AFTER you have finished your PhD coursework.
The American system is mainly drawing on the talent and intelligence of overseas students and scientists.

In disciplines like engineering and math, nearly 75% or more of the PhDs awarded each year by US universities are grabbed by foreign born candidates mainly of Asian origin.

An Indian high schooler with an above average grasp of the subjects can easily outwit most American undergrads and in some cases their grads, too. Those who fail to get into the IITs, IISc, TIFR, BARC and other reputed institutions back here rush to the US universities and many get selected by the IVY Leagues. We find the course work at US universities pretty easy. The cream of Indian students stay back and if interested in grad and doc studies leave Indian shores only after undergrad or master's level programs.

In India, where the entrance standards to undergrad, grad and doctoral courses are much stiffer than in the US, a candidate has to have a master's degree or in certain cases a MPhil degree before sitting for the entrance exams that thoroughly test the basics. Without a sound grasp of the basics, how can a student even dream of pursuing a master's or a doc degree? The entrance exams serve as a weeding out process of the superfluous elements. Of the successful candidates, just a few are selected by each institute after the personal interview where a candidate has to answer and solve on the spot extremely difficult subject-based questions fired at him/her by a panel of eminent professors/scientists. If he/she clears this dreaded stage then he/she gets down to the theory work needed to conduct research at the lab/field level. Funding comes in the form of government/private schols. Institutions like the reputed BARC, IISc, ISI, TIFR and others pay doctoral students a monthly stipend aside from the tuition-fee waiver and research funding - scholarship. Lodging and boarding, if needed on campus, is almost free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

In the US we still have independent branches. Destined to drive each other nuts. On a daily basis.
LOL.

So, all these fiercely independent branches of government in the US supported/support lies and frameups when the US invaded Iraq and acted against several Arab nations?

Where was/is their sense of fair-play and conscience in these most critical matters that test the ethical basis of a nation and its watchdog institutions?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

agreed
Why? Elaborate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

The heavens and hells that constitute strata of consciousness-energy are 99% subjective, 1% objective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Will be putting in at least 8 to 9 hours of solid studying today. Bye. Later.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Elaborate.
you first

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
So, all these fiercely independent branches of government in the US supported/support lies and frameups when the US invaded Iraq and acted against several Arab nations?
Where was/is their sense of fair-play and conscience in these most critical matters that test the ethical basis of a nation and its watchdog institutions?
Thats one example in your favor

How about the rest of these examples?
Health Care (pres and court vs current congress)
Syria (congress vs pres)
Appointees (congress vs pres)
Rights of religious workers to sue (Obama admin vs court)
Gitmo (court vs Bush admin)
Global Warming (court vs Bush admin)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Elaborate.
No need to elaborate after you articulated the message concisely.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You spend enormous amounts of time here criticizing an extinct group of people, and then applying your outdated and biased notions of these people to another, actual living group of people.
That is an obsession. And downright weird.
Well, if I have to look at the number of posts I make compared with yours, the one who spend an enormous amounts of time here is you. This says a lot about your social life...

If it is true that I spend my "enormous" amount of time criticizing an extinct group of people then I challenge you to go back to 6 pags and show all these posts against them. And also the posts where I applied my outdated and biased notions of the old groups to the new one.

According to you these posts of mine must be a lot... LOL

(LOL in advance)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,281 - 49,300 of68,361
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Terry rigsby 48,853
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,852
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min LRS 174,495
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min ritedownthemiddle 45,764
Amy 7-22 30 min Julie 14
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr danetoo 67,890
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••