Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
47,921 - 47,940 of 68,466 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

All true. But Hughbe would disagree with all of that.
The problem with Hugh is that he's neither intellectually nor linguistically sophisticated and so he flounders on many occasions and makes a bad presentation of his beliefs.

I am sure that Hugh has the minimal analytical capacities to understand to some extent the difference between figurative and factual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you admitting you have no evidence for your god?
Hey semi-educated idiot,

By the word God is meant a state of consciousness with its innate energy content.

Fool, do you have any physical evidence of mind, thoughts, subconscious, feelings, consciousness, doubts and other subtle aspects of existence?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

For your punishment, you will serve as my personal butler for 6 months.

Now go head and answer the door please.
LMAO.

You're talking about a butler?

Frankly, you have the personality and intellect of a butler.

This impoverished fool saves up for months to fly economy class to some foreign destination where he stays in cheap hotels and travels public transport.

LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Practice does not perfect, it makes permanent.
LOL.

So, the faculty or capacity developed from a state of latency or underdevelopment remains the same all throughout without diminution or atrophy? LOL.

There are fluctuations in a particular faculty leading to ultimate collapse despite our best efforts at maintaining it intact.

Mental alertness, sense faculties, body building, somersaulting, walking, running, painting, singing and other faculties peak within the innate capacity limits of the concerned person provided they are worked upon by employing the correct training methods of arousing them and they then begin flagging as time passes by and as age or weakness of any kind sets in. This is always the case.
former res wrote:
Practice is only positive if that which is being practiced is correct and true.
To believe that insentience can give rise to sentience and to assume that random and blind forces can ever produce order are the biggest stupidities that can be made by people - you're a prime example of big time stupidity.

Obviously, we can develop only those capacities that we possess and the way they develop or manifest from a state of latency depends on correct training methods.

There's nothing like true and correct - well developed muscles can be used to lift heavy loads as well as to bash up an enemy, a knife can be used to chop veggies as well as to murder and the cultivation of a keen mind can lead to deeper insights of nature and being and at the same time a well developed mind can create evils like nukes, germ warfare, mind control, robberies, computer viruses and the like.

This list of the dual nature of things can stretch on endlessly.

The bottom line is this - there's nothing rigidly good or rigidly bad but that everything has good and bad aspects in it that would depend on the way a thing is employed or better put the utility of a thing is dependent on the use it is put to.

Get it, dunce?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Thats a proper education!
You're stealing all my ideas and passing them off as your own or agreeing with my ideas/logic when you see your claims defeated in the course of debate.

Do you think you're educated?

Anyway,....
Frijoles wrote:
The only problem is that Hughbe would reject that approach as well. He is a literalist.
Yes, he's a fanatic and a creationist but you too are no less fanatical and ignorant - are your puerile religious beliefs based on facts or stupidities?

(smiles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles has his "wife"/boy.
His lives with his boyfriend.

It doesn't matter as long as he's happy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

It is a fact that all standards are not the same.
LMAO.

Yes, the highly educated American posters here are seriously deficient in math skills, physics/chem basics and deep reasoning.

Whatever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

XANADU, where your neon lights will shine, For you XANADU....

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
So, according to you the Christian Bible (OT and NT) is false history, while the Tanakh is factual - is this what you're suggesting?
No, I am limiting the discussion to the works I am familiar with.

I am not familiar with either the NT or the OT. The OT, as we have mentioned millions of times here, is not an accurate rendition of the tanakh - the language is different and the organization is different.

I am not sure where you got the notion that I am asserting that the tanakh is historically factual. I never said that. In fact, the most recent question on that issue, regarding the scroll of Esther, I said otherwise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stealing all my ideas and passing them off as your own or agreeing with my ideas/logic when you see your claims defeated in the course of debate.
Where did that come from?

You can't even follow what we are debating, let alone introduce a valuable idea to that debate.

Yes, you have an interesting and/or agreeable idea from time to time but that doesnt mean it is always RELEVANT to the flow of what is being discussed. Usually it isnt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles-- personally I dont accept that megillah(Esther) as history.
HughBe--- List the reasons why that is so.
Frijoles---Because I see it as LITERATURE, not HISTORY
HughBe--- So, you see it as literature and in your IGNORANT world history is not literature. I see.
HughBe---Do you celebrate Purim?
Frijoles---I do celebrate Purim
HughBe---Given that the story of Esther is FICTIONAL and not HISTORICAL what justification is there for you to celebrate it?
Why do you and members of Judaism CELEBRATE a LIE.
Are the sheep told that Esther did NOT happen it is just a fable?
Your celebration makes no sense but then again very little of what you believe do.
Do you read the book of Esther online?
Third time - because I still draw meaning from the story

Let me ask you this, are you always THIS stupid?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, he's a fanatic and a creationist but you too are no less fanatical and ignorant - are your puerile religious beliefs based on facts or stupidities?
(smiles)
Straw argument

When was the last time I offered my actual religious beliefs?

I havent delved into that detail for months here.

Hughbe is a waste of time, so I dont bother - we spend our time debunking his idiocy. I used to discuss some of it with FR, but we reached a point where I said everything that needed to be said, and FR, being NORMAL, understood it enough not to need to pursue. COR dissapeared. MUQ is too brainwashed to get into any of this. Volunteerist we rib about political stuff. Noone bothers to read you. All of the other characters from this thread have come and gone.

This thread has been dying for months, probably years, now. If it wasnt for FR and I shooting the fish in the barrel (Hughbe) it would of been toast a long time ago.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey semi-educated idiot,
By the word God is meant a state of consciousness with its innate energy content.
Fool, do you have any physical evidence of mind, thoughts, subconscious, feelings, consciousness, doubts and other subtle aspects of existence?
Nice try.

You are lost.

Meditation is fine but claiming an almighty god is something else.

Of course we have physical evidence of thought, creativity, feelings - look around you at man's creations.

OTOH you have no idea who created what is known as nature. None of us do.

But some of us claim to know.

spurious claims
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
...Frankly, you have the personality and intellect of a butler....
Thank you.

A good butler, like a good dog, is loyal and intelligent.

And good with people.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
So, the faculty or capacity developed from a state of latency or underdevelopment remains the same all throughout without diminution or atrophy? LOL.
There are fluctuations in a particular faculty leading to ultimate collapse despite our best efforts at maintaining it intact.
Mental alertness, sense faculties, body building, somersaulting, walking, running, painting, singing and other faculties peak within the innate capacity limits of the concerned person provided they are worked upon by employing the correct training methods of arousing them and they then begin flagging as time passes by and as age or weakness of any kind sets in. This is always the case.
<quoted text>
To believe that insentience can give rise to sentience and to assume that random and blind forces can ever produce order are the biggest stupidities that can be made by people - you're a prime example of big time stupidity.
Obviously, we can develop only those capacities that we possess and the way they develop or manifest from a state of latency depends on correct training methods.
There's nothing like true and correct - well developed muscles can be used to lift heavy loads as well as to bash up an enemy, a knife can be used to chop veggies as well as to murder and the cultivation of a keen mind can lead to deeper insights of nature and being and at the same time a well developed mind can create evils like nukes, germ warfare, mind control, robberies, computer viruses and the like.
This list of the dual nature of things can stretch on endlessly.
The bottom line is this - there's nothing rigidly good or rigidly bad but that everything has good and bad aspects in it that would depend on the way a thing is employed or better put the utility of a thing is dependent on the use it is put to.
Get it, dunce?
You're a long-winded baxtard if nothing else.

If you can say this in fewer words, I may even respond.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Meditation is fine but claiming an almighty god is something else.
What do you know about meditation and its internal mechanism and results?

Almighty God?

I said God is a state of consciousness - a formation of consciousness and energy. Thoughts, for instance, are also formations of subtler ranges of consciousness-energy.

Once you enter deep into consciousness, you're accosted by numerous formations each worse than the other - YHVH, Allah, Jesus, Shiva etc.

These are experiences in subtler states of consciousness and they are in many ways attended by external signs as well.
former res wrote:
Of course we have physical evidence of thought, creativity, feelings - look around you at man's creations.
Idiot, those are the effects of the underlying cause and not the cause itself.

I asked if you can produce physical proof of say thoughts, feelings, suspicions, consciousness, and the like - can these be plucked out like a flower and shown to all and then studied using physical methods? Obviously, not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

OTOH you have no idea who created what is known as nature. None of us do.
How stupid!

How can nature be created by someone when it's obvious that the effect (nature) is nothing else but the cause (unified field of consciousness-energy) in partial or complete manifestation.

Consciousness, energy (and matter) are the only verifiable entities, there's nothing besides these, and these in their subtlest states form a unified field which is indestructible since consciousness and energy can neither be created nor destroyed but simply keep changing from manifest to unmanifest state in cyclical fashion. All this very logical and provable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

When was the last time I offered my actual religious beliefs?
Hey shabbath ass-licker,

Your sick religious beliefs and unbridled fanaticism are on open display here.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
I said God is a state of consciousness - a formation of consciousness and energy. Thoughts, for instance, are also formations of subtler ranges of consciousness-energy.
Once you enter deep into consciousness, you're accosted by numerous formations each worse than the other - YHVH, Allah, Jesus, Shiva etc.
Drug use also produces a lot of different kinds of thoughts and images. I have no problem with any of it.

But calling these images deities, I don't personally agree with.

We have no idea who made all of this.

Just accept it and move on.

I understand the need to believe in something but realize, that not unlike drug use, it's a crutch.
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, those are the effects of the underlying cause and not the cause itself.
Yes, these are the proofs of the thought process itself.

You know these items did not create themselves.

And we know who did create them, unlike your god who only exists in your mind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Thank you.

A good butler, like a good dog, is loyal and intelligent.
And good with people.
Yes, you've got the consciousness and personality of an animal-type and matching low intelligence.

A dog is loyal to anyone who feeds and shelters it.

A dog lacks discrimination and would be loyal to a terrorist or to a mass murderer if they feed and shelter him with care.

Yes, like a lowly dog, you seriously lack discrimination which is why you post garbage and take up for perverts and fanatics.

Idiot, think before posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min ritedownthemiddle 1,085,012
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 7 min obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 43 min andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 265
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,124
'African' stowaway's body found on US military ... 2 hr BAN UR sorry fooking azz 3
Ask Amy 8-1-14 4 hr Shari23 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE