Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,272
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#53291 May 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---There is no such thing as a tribal Christian people.
Christianity is a faith, not a tribe.
HughBe--- Please explain your point.
Even better, why dont you get a brain

not wasting any more time on this

Location hidden

#53292 May 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- So in the US and Ireland history books would not be considered as a part of literature?
Here in Jamaica we would include history as a part of LITERATURE.
Literature is separate from History here in the States. History is an established discipline, with methods and peer review.

I think your educational system has some issues.

Location hidden

#53293 May 26, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_academic...

Contents [hide]
1 Overview
2 Humanities
2.1 History
2.2 Linguistics
2.3 Literature
2.4 Performing arts
2.5 Philosophy
2.6 Religion
2.7 Visual arts
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53294 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better, why dont you get a brain

Frijoles---Even better, why dont you get a brain

HughBe---Ok, dear and FYI the word TRIBAL has to do with RACE and NOT religion.

Finally and for your information, JUDAISM" is a faith, not a tribe"

JEWS are a TRIBE a RACIAL group.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53295 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Literature is separate from History here in the States. History is an established discipline, with methods and peer review.
HughBe--- So in the US and Ireland history books would not be considered as a part of literature?

Frijoles--Literature is separate from History here in the States. History is an established discipline, with methods and peer review.

HughBe--- You should have consulted with better educated persons before you opened your mouth and talk BS.

Your educational system is lacking. Again among those who are better educated and those who know, history is regarded as a part of LITERATURE.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53297 May 26, 2013
later

Moron, go right ahead and judge it helpful.

Location hidden

#53298 May 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- You should have consulted with better educated persons before you opened your mouth and talk BS.
Your educational system is lacking. Again among those who are better educated and those who know, history is regarded as a part of LITERATURE.

Contents [hide]
1 Overview
2 Humanities
2.1 History
2.2 Linguistics
2.3 Literature
2.4 Performing arts
2.5 Philosophy
2.6 Religion
2.7 Visual arts

Location hidden

#53299 May 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Even better, why dont you get a brain
HughBe---Ok, dear and FYI the word TRIBAL has to do with RACE and NOT religion.
Wrong again. Not suprised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith#Judaism

Judaism [edit]
Main article: Jewish principles of faith

Faith itself is not a religious concept in Judaism.

Although Judaism does recognize the positive value of Emunah[15](generally translated as faith, trust in God) and the negative status of the Apikorus (heretic), faith is not as stressed or as central as it is in other religions, especially compared with Christianity and Islam. It could be a necessary means for being a practicing religious Jew, but the emphasis is placed on practice rather than on faith itself. Very rarely does it relate to any teaching that must be believed.[16] Classical Judaism does not require one to explicitly identify God (a key tenet of faith in Christianity), but rather to honour the idea of God.

Location hidden

#53300 May 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Judaism is tribal in the sense that it believes that the specific laws of Judaism are meant only for the nation of Israel.
Voluntarist

United States

#53301 May 26, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not correct.
If, for example, I was imprisoned for not paying my taxes - it would not be for my beliefs (or lack thereof), it would be for failure to pay my taxes, aka, tax evasion.
The gov't wants its money. Our laws are much more concerned with how we act than how we think or believe.
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't.
But I'm not sure what your point is.
If you can remember, feel free to reiterate.
The point is that you have blind faith in government without any facts that any of the laws including tax laws apply to you.
And you say that you follow the dictates to stay out of a cage.
The question was , if the church put you in a cage if you didn't pay them and follow their commandments , would that make the church as legitimate as government to you?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53302 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Contents [hide]
1 Overview
2 Humanities
2.1 History
2.2 Linguistics
2.3 Literature
2.4 Performing arts
2.5 Philosophy
2.6 Religion
2.7 Visual arts
While I appreciate your quote from the AUTHORITATIVE source i.e. wikipedia I am once again telling you that among the properly educated history is regarded as LITERATURE.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53303 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Not suprised.
Judaism [edit]
Faith itself is not a religious concept in Judaism.
Although Judaism does recognize the positive value of Emunah[15](generally translated as faith, trust in God) and the negative status of the Apikorus (heretic), faith is not as stressed or as central as it is in other religions, especially compared with Christianity and Islam. It could be a necessary means for being a practicing religious Jew, but the emphasis is placed on practice rather than on faith itself. Very rarely does it relate to any teaching that must be believed.[16] Classical Judaism does not require one to explicitly identify God (a key tenet of faith in Christianity), but rather to honour the idea of God.
HughBe--- TRIBAL has to do with RACE and NOT religion.

JUDAISM" is a faith, not a tribe"

Frijoles, the IDIOT---Wrong again. Not suprised.

HughBe--- The DECEIVER then quotes wikipedia.

Question, in your religion of DECEPTION called Judaism are you taught by your DECEIVING DUMB rabbis that Judaism is a TRIBE?

Frijoles---Judaism [edit]

Faith itself is NOT a religious concept in Judaism.

HughBe--- No doubt in the RELIGION called Judaism FAITH is the SCIENTIFIC part or arm of the RELIGION.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53304 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism is tribal in the sense that it believes that the specific laws of Judaism are meant only for the nation of Israel.
Another lesson for the day but first I have noted your qualification of Judaism i.e. "is tribal in the sense".

Lesson, Judaism is a RELIGION it is NOT a TRIBE and it has NEVER been a TRIBE. There are no TRIBES called Judaism.

Explain the nation of Israel concept that you speak of.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#53305 May 26, 2013
Hey, where''re the "leading members" of the ginger group trying to influence the trend of the conversation on this thread? LOL.

Location hidden

#53306 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

what is the difference between a Muslim Indian and an Indian Muslim?
That's dealt with in my write-up.

Location hidden

#53307 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

And by the way, there are Jewish Indians.
I am aware and unimpressed.

I stay away from anything parochial and tribal and if the beliefs and customs are revolting - genocides, abnormal eugenic practices, enslavement, fanaticism, exploitation of women of POWs, human/animal sacrifices, incest, stoning, infanticide, jealousy, etc,- then I scoot.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#53308 May 26, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles-- personally I dont accept that megillah(Esther) as history.

HughBe--- List the reasons why that is so.

Do you celebrate Purim?

Do the Jews who celebrate the Feast of Purim celebrate a LIE?

OUTSTANDING matters--
do you read Esther from a scroll?
Is Esther in books?

Location hidden

#53309 May 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- Get rid of the higher force. SEX urge is NATURAL and it should not be quelled it should be controlled but not quelled.
Yes.

In the normal life, the sex urge should be controlled and regulated but if perfection of the being-body is the grand aim then mastery over all the impulses and their transmutation into the spiritual vibe of the supramental kind is essential.

Are you aware that ejaculation drains out a substantial part of the vital force that leaves through the semen as well as through the tips of the thumb and index fingers of the right hands and from the forearm region of both the arms?

I can actually "see" all this with naked eyes and can feel the lowering in mind-body potential.

Besides, the sex act, with a woman or a man, results in exchange of vibes with your partner and as expected most of the incoming forces are of an undesirable kind given the serious personality defects and the kind of adverse forces controlling them in most people these days and these absorbed vibes coming from your sex partner sink into the cumulative force field - the subconscient - at the soles of the feet from where they periodically keep rising in waves to create disturbances and blocks in the life and mind-body of a person.

You wouldn't know all this since you're tooooooo dense, ignorant and insensitive to the play of the gross and subtle forces and in addition the ignorant rogues of the Tanakh and that stupid madman Jesus did not mention anything abut these finer mechanisms since they were as clueless as you are.

Total mastery over all mental, vital, physical and subconscient impulses and their transformation into the supramental vibe is the aim.

Nothing less.

PS: Do you regularly go to a salon for a dick-cure akin to say a manicure/pedicure?

(smiles)

Anyway, best regards, mon.

Location hidden

#53310 May 26, 2013
Within the causal mechanism of the mental, vital and physical spatio-temporal factors, most things are gray and not necessarily black or white since there's nothing rigid about any entity/object in these realms and most importantly the way a thing is viewed and put to use would determine its utility ....this statement can be logically proven.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#53311 May 26, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I know that the book or as Anus calls it Scroll of Esther is a HISTORICAL document.
Also since you don't know, why choose the option of FAIRY TALES?
I don't simply assume that something I am told is true.

I believe in "trust but verify."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust,_but_verif...
HughBe wrote:
Dewey Decimal System:

000 Generalities
100 Philosophy & psychology
200 Religion
300 Social sciences
400 Language
500 Natural sciences & mathematics
600 Technology (Applied sciences)
700 The arts
800 Literature & rhetoric
900 Geography & history
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- you love the sound of my voice and that is one reason for the request for repetition. The explanation is simple, it is a matter of CREDIBILITY and the way the material is presented.
Take for example, Aesop writings they are regarded as FICTION by me.
To each his own.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- Do you ever make an attempt at answering questions? How did you manage in school?
Seriously, what area are you trained in and to what level?
Master in Science degree.

Healthcare-related.
HughBe wrote:
In Jamaica it would be in the RELIGIOUS section. Does that tell you that religion is FICTION?
Definition of RELIGION
a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion>

b (1): the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

[Huggy - clearly religion is very spiritual, subjective matter.]
HughBe wrote:
Former--Flynn was a famous American actor who once had a home in Jamaica:
HughBe--- I know of the man and his 007 exploits.
I believe you're thinking of the writer of the James Bond stories who had a home there as well if I'm not mistaken. Ian Fleming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Fleming
HughBe wrote:
Former--Flynn .. also popularised trips down rivers on bamboo rafts.[35]
HughBe--- When are you coming for your bamboo ride, on the river?
Would you be my skipper?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min dont drink the ko... 49,364
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Guru 182,182
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,913
Holiday Greetings 3 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 3 hr Negras all 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr Yeah 1,156,210
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?