Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
47,341 - 47,360 of 68,991 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Voluntarist

United States

#52755 May 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
I WON'T BOTHER explaining to you why your post misses the point. I'll let you figure it out again by reading this:
"Many studies simply defer to the expert summary of climate science research put together by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which states that most of the global warming since the mid-20th century has been caused by humans. According to recent research, that statement is actually too conservative..."
<quoted text>
Stupid is as stupid does forest, you are a global warming cult member.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52756 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Jew of color like Sammy Davis, Jr.
He was a great entertainer who could do it all.
Singing, dancing, acting, jokes etc.
A real credit to the chosen people.
I had thought you were Christian.
I don't think you actually ever put a name to your religion.
Not that you're under any obligation to do so.
Former---You're a Jew of color like Sammy Davis, Jr.

HughBe--- I am NOT a Jew. I am here on earth in part because of Jewish biology. I am Jet-black in colour and beautiful.

Former---I had thought you were Christian.

HughBe--- Some Jews are Christians. Some Jews are into Eastern religions. Many Jews are into Judaism. Many Jews are like you and are NOT into any god or God.

Jews are RACE. Jews are NOT religion.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#52757 May 18, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.
He and I have had a long discussion on the subject.
Taxes are certainly forced on us but I would argue partially with my own input as I'm a voter and agree with some though not all uses of my tax money.
Former---Well then you agree more with the other fellow, Voluntarist.

HughBe--- Perhaps but I believe that I am in agreement with you but I have chosen different words. Read the posts below again.

Former---I pay them because it's a DEBT and
if one does not pay he is subject to legal proceeding/entanglements
which would result in fines, high legal costs and possible imprisonment.

HughBe--- I would use the word DUTY instead of DEBT even if legally it is called a DEBT.
I am inclined to see it as FORCED payments that are determined by others without my input.
I am also inclined to see it as COVETOUSNESS by those who have power to take my money against my will.
In essence it is a type of extortion.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52758 May 19, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid is as stupid does forest, you are a global warming cult member.
And I am still waiting for a critique of the article I posted a few days ago.

I am not afraid to confront and discuss the scientific literature and the actual science. Unlike you, I am willing to move beyond talking points.

I am far from ideological on the issue. I am not the one claiming a blanket claim that CO2 is is good (or bad) for plants. Not am I the one claiming that all research is bad.

Those are blanket claims, talking points, and a lot more indicative of cult thinking.

Location hidden

#52759 May 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews are RACE. Jews are NOT religion.
Judaism is the religion. The people that practice that religion are Jews.

For someone who claims they are sensitive to the use of language (It is COVETOUS and EXTORTION to pay taxes) you sure are selectively DENSE.

Location hidden

#52760 May 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Is H2O a more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2 given its high specific heat capacity?
NO and NO2 are a lot worse than CO2

Another reason why your posts (flatulence) make things worse for all of us here

Location hidden

#52761 May 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
The sum total of carbon in various forms on earth is fixed and unless carbon as CO2 or in any other form is increasing in volume as a result of being generated in huge amounts on earth or is entering the earth's atmosphere from extra-terrestrial sources, we need not panic about fluctuations in the amount of CO2 in the earth's atmosphere. These are temporary and local phenomena. Rise/fall of CO2 levels is a natural geochemical cycle linked to the unlocking or conversion of locked carbon into carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and other forms of carbon.
So smarty pants, explain to us what happens when the buffer mechanisms become saturated.

BTW, as you FULLY must know, noone claims extra Carbon is being "generated". It is being transferred from one form to another.

Furthermore, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, using your logic - WHY should anyone eat ORGANIC food? Chemical residues are natural too, they are just cycling elements, just like in the Carbon cycle.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#52762 May 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

NO and NO2 are a lot worse than CO2
LOL.

Well, the worst green house gas is is actually water vapor.

Why do you think water vapor is the worst green house gas?

Methane is even worse than water vapor in terms of green house effect but why is its contribution to the green house effect so less?

Why is methane a worse green house gas than even water vapor?

Location hidden

#52763 May 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

So smarty pants, explain to us what happens when the buffer mechanisms become saturated.
Buffer?

A thermal buffer would tend to moderate the extremes of temperature.

How do you know what the actual limits of the buffer mechanism are?

Another thought - Compositional variation can change the distribution of heat within a body in keeping with the Fourier's Law but, well, it cannot change the overall temperature of the body.

Location hidden

#52764 May 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Well, the worst green house gas is is actually water vapor.
Why do you think water vapor is the worst green house gas?
Methane is even worse than water vapor in terms of green house effect but why is its contribution to the green house effect so less?
Why is methane a worse green house gas than even water vapor?
The estimates that I have seen cited is that NO contributes as much as 300 x the equal amount of CO2 by absorbing infrared radiation.

NO impacts are not just in the realm of global warming, it contributes to acidification (acid rain), ground level smog, and destruction of ozone. Arguably it is worse than CO2.

Denitrifification in rice paddies are a major source BTW

Location hidden

#52765 May 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffer?
A thermal buffer would tend to moderate the extremes of temperature.
Another thought - Compositional variation can change the distribution of heat within a body in keeping with the Fourier's Law but, well, it cannot change the overall temperature of the body.
Chemical buffer you idiot

Think the seas

You really HAVE no background in Earth Science and Geology , do you.

You might as well hang up this topic - you dont know shit

Location hidden

#52766 May 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

BTW, as you FULLY must know, no one claims extra Carbon is being "generated". It is being transferred from one form to another.
LOL.

That was my idea, not yours. I used the principle of the conservation of matter to arrive at this conclusion.

BTW, what are the thermodynamic properties that govern the greenhouse effect? Give the mathematical and chemical equations?

Only Fourier's Law can well describe the transfer of heat between bodies in contact across a thermal gradient and as such the dissemination or distribution of heat between the atmosphere and the earth's surface (where the lowest level of the atmosphere touches the surface of the earth) cannot be correctly calculated using the radiatiion-transfer equations of Boltzmann because the thermal contact of bodies makes converts the phenomenon into a case concerning Fourier's Law.

Location hidden

#52767 May 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Its simple chemistry.

You are hung up on the impact side of the cycle. Global warming occurs as a result of CO2 et al. That is a given. The real question is what and how are the regulators,(not what the thermal impacts are)

Cloudy thinking (pun intended)- I dont know what is WORSE -

Volunteerist who cant understand this stuff and insteadt throws around talking points to make himself feel better OR you who tries to use the science but mangles it.

Location hidden

#52768 May 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Chemical buffer you idiot.
I know about the seas serving as a buffer or as a sink.

Is a chemical buffer different from a thermal buffer since everything in nature - solids, liquids and gases - is made up of matter expressed as chemicals and so any buffer would ultimately reduce to chemicals, and in this specific context of heat transfer (and retentivity), to their thermal capacities, H?

H = mc

(dH/dT)p =(dQ/dT)p = Cp

or H = U + PV

(dU?dT)v =(dQ/dT)v = Cv

So, in this sense, how do you know what the maximum capacity of any buffer would be like?

Location hidden

#52769 May 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Its simple chemistry.

You are hung up on the impact side of the cycle. Global warming occurs as a result of CO2 et al. That is a given. The real question is what and how are the regulators,(not what the thermal impacts are)

Cloudy thinking (pun intended)- I dont know what is WORSE -
Volunteerist who cant understand this stuff and insteadt throws around talking points to make himself feel better OR you who tries to use the science but mangles it.
Simple chem?

Explain it terms of thermodynamic quantities which is the correct way it should be expressed giving all the mathematical equations.

Location hidden

#52770 May 19, 2013
typo -

(dU/dT)v =( dQ/dT)v = Cv

Location hidden

#52771 May 19, 2013
The correspondence/interaction between a thermal gradient and heat flux is crucial to comprehending the direct relationship between thermal conductivity and heat distribution in a material system.

Anyway.

Location hidden

#52772 May 19, 2013
Global warming does not contradict the 2nd law of thermodynamics. LOL.

Location hidden

#52773 May 19, 2013
HUGH:

When is Jesus expected on earth in his second avatar?

(smiles)

Location hidden

#52774 May 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
That was my idea, not yours. I used the principle of the conservation of matter to arrive at this conclusion.
BTW, what are the thermodynamic properties that govern the greenhouse effect? Give the mathematical and chemical equations?
Only Fourier's Law can well describe the transfer of heat between bodies in contact across a thermal gradient and as such the dissemination or distribution of heat between the atmosphere and the earth's surface (where the lowest level of the atmosphere touches the surface of the earth) cannot be correctly calculated using the radiatiion-transfer equations of Boltzmann because the thermal contact of bodies makes converts the phenomenon into a case concerning Fourier's Law.
Its not "your idea"

Its fundamental - any intro science book which has a paragraph on global warming

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min sonicfilter 1,100,260
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min KiMerde 49,506
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 40 min kyjeepman 1,453
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min SpaceBlues 46,324
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 58 min Dems Suk 1,904
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 1 hr Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr Union Corrupt 7,561
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,935
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info